Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

19 Things That It Took Me 50 Years To Learn - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 19 Things That It Took Me 50 Years To Learn (3042 Views)

8 Things That Will Probably Be Illegal In The Next 50 Years / 5 Things That Happen When You Graduate With A Poor CGPA / These Ladies Recreated The Picture They Took In 2006 While In Secondary School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

19 Things That It Took Me 50 Years To Learn by phenase(m): 7:26am On Oct 04, 2016
19 Things That It Took Me 50 Years To Learn

1. Never under any circumstances take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

2. If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, and never will achieve, its full potential, that word would be “meetings”.

3. There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.”

4. People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them.

5. And when God, who created the entire universe with all of its glories, decides to deliver a message to humanity, He WILL NOT use, as His messenger, a person on cable TV with a bad hairstyle.

6. You should not confuse your career with your life.

7. No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously.

8. When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.

9. Nobody cares if you can’t dance well. Just get up and dance.

10. Never lick a steak knife.

11. Take out the fortune before you eat the cookie.

12. The most powerful force in the universe is gossip.

13. You will never find anybody who can give you a clear and compelling reason why we observe daylight savings time.

14. You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests that you think she’s pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging from her at that moment.

15. There comes a time when you should stop expecting other people to make a big deal about your birthday. That time is age 11.

16. “The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers.

17. The main accomplishment of almost all organized protests is to annoy people who are not in them.

18. A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person.

19. Your friends love you anyway.

http://www.firmtech1.com/2016/10/19-things-that-it-took-me-50-years-to.html?m=0

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 19 Things That It Took Me 50 Years To Learn by bana91(m): 10:13am On Oct 04, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: 19 Things That It Took Me 50 Years To Learn by julioralph(m): 10:46am On Oct 04, 2016
6 and 18 are awesome.

3 Likes

Re: 19 Things That It Took Me 50 Years To Learn by DrayZee: 10:53am On Oct 04, 2016
Wetin concern Naija with Daylight Savings Time?

2 Likes

Re: 19 Things That It Took Me 50 Years To Learn by Nobody: 11:12am On Oct 04, 2016
So now I've discovered them before time, what's the point of living anymore?
Re: 19 Things That It Took Me 50 Years To Learn by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 04, 2016
20. You are a very slow learner if this took you 50 years

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 19 Things That It Took Me 50 Years To Learn by veekid(m): 1:00pm On Oct 04, 2016
Incredivke
Re: 19 Things That It Took Me 50 Years To Learn by veekid(m): 1:00pm On Oct 04, 2016
Incredible
Re: 19 Things That It Took Me 50 Years To Learn by xpressTrade: 1:12pm On Oct 04, 2016
20 Biafra is a myth

3 Likes

Re: 19 Things That It Took Me 50 Years To Learn by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 04, 2016
phenase:

1. Never under any circumstances take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

2. If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, and never will achieve, its full potential, that word would be “meetings”.

4. People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them.

5. And when God, who created the entire universe with all of its glories, decides to deliver a message to humanity, He WILL NOT use, as His messenger, a person on cable TV with a bad hairstyle.

8. When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.

13. You will never find anybody who can give you a clear and compelling reason why we observe daylight savings time.

14. You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests that you think she’s pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging from her at that moment.

15. There comes a time when you should stop expecting other people to make a big deal about your birthday. That time is age 11.

16. “The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers.

17. The main accomplishment of almost all organized protests is to annoy people who are not in them.

Terrible colour on the blog post. Not legible
Re: 19 Things That It Took Me 50 Years To Learn by Idydarling(f): 1:57pm On Oct 04, 2016
how old are u now pls?
Re: 19 Things That It Took Me 50 Years To Learn by Mologi(m): 2:05pm On Oct 04, 2016
I love the number 17 ......
because its pure truth...

1 Like

Re: 19 Things That It Took Me 50 Years To Learn by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 04, 2016
Wisdom cool

This is why we used to obey elders

phenase:

Re: 19 Things That It Took Me 50 Years To Learn by Opistorincos(m): 2:56pm On Oct 04, 2016
grin
Re: 19 Things That It Took Me 50 Years To Learn by Cregon: 3:02pm On Oct 04, 2016
very true @no 7 and 19...but what's with licking d stake knife?
Re: 19 Things That It Took Me 50 Years To Learn by bigpastor(m): 3:36pm On Oct 04, 2016
Cregon:
very true @no 7 and 19...but what's with licking d stake knife?
There is a sharp bone beaside the steak (NOT STAKE) knife.
That's my understanding though
Re: 19 Things That It Took Me 50 Years To Learn by superfelix: 4:59pm On Oct 04, 2016
50yrs? cheesy cheesy
Re: 19 Things That It Took Me 50 Years To Learn by flexis(m): 6:50pm On Oct 04, 2016
Nice one sir
Re: 19 Things That It Took Me 50 Years To Learn by ifyeez: 7:15pm On Oct 04, 2016
I don't knw wat to comment on dis ur list, the fact that you're above 50 nd still get bordered by such things, or you're just a f embarassed embarassedl at 50

1 Like

Re: 19 Things That It Took Me 50 Years To Learn by Aremu01(m): 8:19pm On Oct 04, 2016
This is really beautiful
Re: 19 Things That It Took Me 50 Years To Learn by Nobody: 9:39pm On Oct 04, 2016
ifyeez:
I don't knw wat to comment on dis ur list, the fact that you're above 50 nd still get bordered by such things, or you're just a f embarassed embarassedl at 50

acting like you know everything.
Re: 19 Things That It Took Me 50 Years To Learn by ifyeez: 10:17pm On Oct 04, 2016
wahabian:

acting like you know everything.
Don't be an ass, that guy is lying that's what i meant, his over exaggerating nd it's pissing me off.

1 Like

Re: 19 Things That It Took Me 50 Years To Learn by yungryce: 11:52pm On Oct 04, 2016
abeg, what is daylight savings time. this one don tire me
Re: 19 Things That It Took Me 50 Years To Learn by mikool007(m): 7:38am On Oct 05, 2016
lestat:
20. You are a very slow learner if this took you 50 years
grin
Re: 19 Things That It Took Me 50 Years To Learn by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 05, 2016
ifyeez:
Don't be an ass, that guy is lying that's what i meant, his over exaggerating nd it's pissing me off.

No,you think too highly of yourself.
Re: 19 Things That It Took Me 50 Years To Learn by Dedegozie(m): 2:31pm On Oct 17, 2016
phenase:

hmmmm

(1) (Reply)

Mathematics Competition For Primary School Students / 7 Most Student Friendly Side Hustles In Nigeria | Student Hustles / Is This The Worst Result You Have Ever Seen In The University?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.