Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Road Transporters Employ Over 500,000 Nigerians. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Road Transporters Employ Over 500,000 Nigerians. (436 Views)

Germany Set To Deport Over 30,000 Nigerians / Lagos Government Seals Off Chisco, Ifex, GUO, Other Transporters' Office / Lamentations As Igbo Transporters Exploit Igbo Commuters In South East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Road Transporters Employ Over 500,000 Nigerians. by 9jatravel(f): 9:36am On Oct 04, 2016
Members of the Road Transport Employers Association of Nigeria, RTEAN, have collectively employed about 500,000 Nigerians, the National President of the association, Alhaji Isiwele Shehu has said.
The employments comprised of drivers, motor boys and office workers and are spread across the country. Members collectively have more than 250,000 vehicles across the country, he said.
Alhaji Shehu, who disclosed this to our reporter in an interview, said his members were acquiring some new 4,000 vehicles which would generate additional 10,000 jobs.
“We create job opportunities. Personally, I employed more than 40 persons. I have about 22 trailers with drivers and motor boys. I have a workshop in Kano and employing people there.”
“Our members have vehicles and are employing people too. I flagged-off 4000 vehicles which will employ at least 10,000 people when the vehicles arrive. The vehicles should have arrived but it’s because of the rise in dollar value against the naira.”
http://9jatravel.com.ng/road-transporters-employ-over-500000-nigerians/

(1) (Reply)

London Chronicles / WARNING: River Niger Bridge In Danger Of Collapse This Christmas Season / The Search For Missing Plane MH370 To Be Finally Called Off.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.