Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,302 members, 7,822,495 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Did You Get Admission This Year? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Did You Get Admission This Year? (4272 Views)

One Of Mycousin Admission This Year So Should He Go To Alevels Or Predegree / Do Not Give Up On How You Can Gain Admission This Year!! Drop Any Question Here! / How Do I Get Admission Into University Of Ghana? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did You Get Admission This Year? by chimoskyg(m): 6:17pm On Oct 19, 2009
Still hoping yet, Mouau release their adm. list but, i can check from the site since like the site hav a problem.
Congrate bro,
Re: Did You Get Admission This Year? by chosen04(f): 6:39pm On Oct 19, 2009
phuck_NL:

You missed a key point. English and Literature became his dream course after 4 atempts at Jamb.
He claims 226 is his lowest score in Jamb so far. I doubt he chose English and Literature the previous 3 times otherwise he would have been admitted.

@Phuck-NL

I think u are absolutely right. "If the desired cannot be achieved, the achieveable becomes desirable" He got me confused as to when English & lit become the bomb

alexmakaay:

i'm the most favoured one this year. i came first in the merit list of ED/economics in alvan ikoku fed college of education,owerri,imo state. the amazing thing there is that i'm from anambra so i thought there were goin to do some tribal stuff bt it was'nt so. thank God.

@ALEXMAKAAY.
Its not called tribalism, its called MKM==="MAN KNOW MAN".
Pls learn and stop exposing ur ignorance in public.
Re: Did You Get Admission This Year? by Ajike: 6:55pm On Oct 19, 2009
as for me i was waiting for post ume of futy for long time now. but i saw the new on their website this morning that the exam is 8:00am tomorrow and me living lasgos to yola it will take me 48 hours
Re: Did You Get Admission This Year? by sammytb(m): 7:09pm On Oct 19, 2009
Only God knows wen U.i will fix dier dates.
Re: Did You Get Admission This Year? by canuck(m): 7:17pm On Oct 19, 2009
chosen04:

@Slap 1

But when did studing English and Literature become a dream course? It used to be "King Pharoah let my people enter school' kind of course, I mean usually reserved for the 'not do wells' after other better courses had been filled.

Kai! Chosen04, that was meeeean! You're saying Slap1 got it because nobody wanted it; you no dey fear fear. . . Slap1, abeg, give am only ONE dirty slap!!!
grin
Re: Did You Get Admission This Year? by olalekan1(m): 9:48pm On Oct 19, 2009
HAving been struggling to get admitted into a university since 2004, I took part in 2009 UME and choosed UNILAG and UNAAB as my first and second choice respectively. Unilag told me that I scored 46.7 aggregate which I am still doubting it up till now. Unaab said I scored 52 percent but my doubt is if Unaab will consider me eventhough I am from Ogun State and I choosed the school as second choice. The only happiness God gave me now and which I am relying on now is The admission LASU External system offered to me. At least is better than waiting for another year to come.
Re: Did You Get Admission This Year? by DisGuy: 10:19pm On Oct 19, 2009
unaab? means what

good thing you didn't choosed English though wink
Re: Did You Get Admission This Year? by DisGuy: 10:21pm On Oct 19, 2009
English and English literature is a good course though you can do many things
this idea people must choose petrochemical,engineering or some tough sounding course
is misleading and many people on those courses are in it just for the money and title
Re: Did You Get Admission This Year? by ovo4u(m): 12:00am On Oct 20, 2009
Una never see where person dey study Urhobo?
Re: Did You Get Admission This Year? by bawomolo(m): 12:11am On Oct 20, 2009
Dis Guy:

English and English literature is a good course though you can do many things
this idea people must choose petrochemical,engineering or some tough sounding course
is misleading and many people on those courses are in it just for the money and title

I agree. no one should pidgeon hole themselves.
Re: Did You Get Admission This Year? by youngdee(m): 12:49am On Oct 20, 2009
Me still dey wait for Unilag lists o, help me pray o my fellow nairalanders
Re: Did You Get Admission This Year? by Rooneyboy(m): 1:08am On Oct 20, 2009
Goodness ! I m lost , what am i doing in this thread ?
Re: Did You Get Admission This Year? by maxell(f): 1:52am On Oct 20, 2009
Dis Guy:

unaab? means what

good thing you didn't choosed English though wink

unaab stands for university of agriculture, abeokuta
Re: Did You Get Admission This Year? by dblasting(m): 7:28am On Oct 20, 2009
Got admitted 2 university of Alabama and i was denied a visa
Re: Did You Get Admission This Year? by infoweb(m): 9:44am On Oct 20, 2009
Congrat, Slap.  My younger brother got admission for Eng & Litt. at Absu as well. His name is Alex. You can reach him on 08056583291. To reach me use 08034304425 - Chidi.  Bless u.
Re: Did You Get Admission This Year? by clemiss(m): 12:59pm On Oct 20, 2009
i got this year but i succeeded in part time in uni abj pls if any member got information on their screening pls kindly alert me. shocked
Re: Did You Get Admission This Year? by DisGuy: 1:06pm On Oct 20, 2009
maxell:

unaab stands for university of agriculture, abeokuta

Thank you, their agricultural economic course is very popular

clemiss:

i got this year but i succeeded in part time in uni abj pls if any member got information on their screening pls kindly alert me. shocked

why will you want to do part time? are you working?
Re: Did You Get Admission This Year? by clemiss(m): 1:20pm On Oct 20, 2009
youngdee just fast for 100 days and nite na automatcic ticket mak your name com out. grin
Re: Did You Get Admission This Year? by clemiss(m): 1:22pm On Oct 20, 2009
yes i work.
Re: Did You Get Admission This Year? by Oloks(m): 11:42am On Oct 21, 2009
But when did studing English and Literature become a dream course? It used to be "King Pharoah let my people enter school' kind of course, I mean usually reserved for the 'not do wells' after other better courses had been filled.

The views above to me is a very narrow view of life, and does not speak of someone who is educated. Having a degree does not make u educated. You might have gone through a university but did the university pass through U??

Mistake which most people make is, education is a means to an end, and not an end in itself.

Do you seek education because you want to broaden your knowledge and satisfy your desire or u are in it 'cos of the money u think will come out of a course you are doing?
Re: Did You Get Admission This Year? by bokomo(f): 1:58pm On Oct 21, 2009
am still waiting for mine, we applied for Advert in unn
Re: Did You Get Admission This Year? by chosen04(f): 5:34pm On Oct 21, 2009
Oloks:

The views above to me is a very narrow view of life, and does not speak of someone who is educated. Having a degree does not make u educated. You might have gone through a university but did the university pass through U??

Mistake which most people make is, education is a means to an end, and not an end in itself.

Do you seek education because you want to broaden your knowledge and satisfy your desire or u are in it 'cos of the money u think will come out of a course you are doing?

You have not made any Point. Infact ur argument is just pointless. The fact remains that there have never been any time in Nigeria that English and Literature was a dream course and it will never be. I never said it was a bad course, i only said it was never a dream course. Its usually reserved for for those who dont meet the cut-off marks of the 'sort after courses'.

We all know that the course studied doesnot matter at the end of the day, But the truth still remains that all the parents wants their children to read Law, Medicine, Engineering----civil, structural,petro-chemical etc
Re: Did You Get Admission This Year? by Oloks(m): 5:44pm On Oct 21, 2009
You have not made any Point. Infact your argument is just pointless. The fact remains that there have never been any time in Nigeria that English and Literature was a dream course and it will never be. I never said it was a bad course, i only said it was never a dream course. Its usually reserved for for those who dont meet the cut-off marks of the 'sort after courses'.

We all know that the course studied doesnot matter at the end of the day, But the truth still remains that all the parents wants their children to read Law, Medicine, Engineering----civil, structural,petro-chemical etc

Not arguing with u, have no reason to do so, just trying to broaden your mind outside the "box"
My point is, have a global view of issues, and not just base your reasoning on Nigeria,
Do not think Wole Soyinka or Achebe studied any of your listed courses, the last time I checked.
Have u ever thought that this course might be a dream course for some people?
It is nothing personal
Ciao!!
Re: Did You Get Admission This Year? by chosen04(f): 6:28pm On Oct 21, 2009
Oloks:

Not arguing with u, have no reason to do so, just trying to broaden your mind outside the "box"
My point is, have a global view of issues, and not just base your reasoning on Nigeria,
Do not think Wole Soyinka or Achebe studied any of your listed courses, the last time I checked.
Have u ever thought that this course might be a dream course for some people?
It is nothing personal
Ciao!!

Oloks.
I got ur point. But the course was never a dream course for the even the poster. He only considered studing it have attempting JAMB three times. It only become an option for him when 'Big sounding courses failed him'. Nigeria is really a funny country cos most parents will never finance their wards school just to study much course "reserved for the not do well". It is just a societal thing.
Re: Did You Get Admission This Year? by Oloks(m): 6:42pm On Oct 21, 2009
@chosen04

no probs, sis
Re: Did You Get Admission This Year? by japro: 7:27pm On Oct 21, 2009
Re: Did You Get Admission This Year? by folalag: 7:37pm On Oct 21, 2009
I say a Big AMEN to that, No more waiting anymore xx God will make it work out for us x
Re: Did You Get Admission This Year? by bighead1(m): 7:57pm On Oct 21, 2009
for u not to waste ur time u can get pre degree forms so that u will not just si at home
Re: Did You Get Admission This Year? by DisGuy: 8:16pm On Oct 21, 2009
chosen04:

How sad, parents deciding courses for their Children
Re: Did You Get Admission This Year? by ccollins(m): 10:21pm On Oct 21, 2009
Lol,just love the course u are doing.make sure u have plans to achieve sucess in the course after school.ABOVE ALL,THE HELP OF GOD IS IMPORTANT
Re: Did You Get Admission This Year? by kellorah: 11:25pm On Oct 21, 2009
^^^ True say.

And the poster can always go on to do a masters or a PHD later on, and can be a professor later on. He can even go on to write and publish a book and may go on to be richer than some people who studied engineering.

Never look down on a course. All subjects are important, may be not to you but to others and society.

Besides, English may not be seen as a sought after course now but poster can re-write history.

Poster, make the most of the subject you have been given, whether it was ur dream course or not-especially as it's the first time uv been lucky after writing JAMB for a number of times. Same goes for others.

Good luck.
Re: Did You Get Admission This Year? by morax(m): 11:55pm On Oct 21, 2009
kellorah:

^^^ True say.

And the poster can always go on to do a masters or a PHD later on, and can be a professor later on. He can even go on to write and publish a book and may go on to be richer than some people who studied engineering.

Never look down on a course. All subjects are important, may be not to you but to others and society.

Besides, English may not be seen as a sought after course now but poster can re-write history.

Poster, make the most of the subject you have been given, whether it was your dream course or not-especially as it's the first time uv been lucky after writing JAMB for a number of times. Same goes for others.

i truly agree with u. A popular saying goes thus  ''one man's food is another man's poison'', I wonder y people are condemning d poster's dream, because Eng and lit isn't your dream course doesn't mean other people can't have it as theirs,
.@ poster Pursue your dream and don't be discouraged,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Past Questions And Answers For Uniben 2010/2011 Post Utme Now Available Online! / Subsea Engineering In UK (university Of Aberdeen VS Cranfield University) / If You Are Making Jamb 2012 Registration Click Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.