Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,610 members, 7,809,234 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

How To Grow Long Hair, Easy And Simple Tips That Works - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How To Grow Long Hair, Easy And Simple Tips That Works (2046 Views)

How To Grow Long Thick Hair With Onions – World’s Best Remedy For Hair Growth / 9 Odd People With Really Long Hair / Check Out Kids With Mind Blowing Long Hair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Grow Long Hair, Easy And Simple Tips That Works by daizylove(f): 2:37pm On Oct 04, 2016
For ages women have suffered so much hair trauma ranging from hair loss or breakage down to how to maintain such locks, whereas their are some people who just want a longer hair.
In this thread I'll be sharing exclusive tips that won't only get you that dream length but the reliefe that comes with ie. without further ado lets go into business......
1-[b][/b]RELAX YOUR HAIR EVERY 8-16 week:
[left][/left]Some people might be astonished with this sujjestions , but it's actually true, if you want long locks fast you might want to rethink a relaxer, but even at this people still fail at this aspect in the sense that they use the wrong type of relaxer which abruptly leads to the end of the little hair they were managing lipsrsealed. If you want to relax your hair, my sujjestions is that you go for a kit relaxer, my favorite is organics, but you could use dark and lovely and if you're already using a kit already don't change but if it does not help you you can chnge BUT DON'T CHANGE RELAXER ANYHOW. BUT SURE NOT TO ALWAYS RELAX YOUR HAIR IMMIDIATLY YOU SENSE A NEW GROWTH.
2-WASH AND CONDITION YOUR HAIR ONCE OR TWICE A WEEK:
Use mild and gentle shampoos and conditioners designed specially for chemically treated hair, if you have sensitive skin consider using shampoo that does not contain ammonium lauryl sulfate or sodium lauryl sulfate- use deep conditioner. For those who need to wash their more often co-wash your hair(conditioner wash only) as an excellent alternative to wash/condition - USE LIGHT WEIGHT CONDITIONERS.
3-AVOID USING DRY HEAT TO DRY YOUR HAIR:
It is best especially for relaxed hair to avoid use dry heat to dry your hair because it damages the hair; haven't you notice your hair breaks after you've dried a relaxed hair using hair dryers??. Hair should be air dried before using medium temperature hand dryer .
When using a curling iron to style your hair do not allow the barrel to clamp down your hair, and oh use ionic, ceramic curling iron or flate iron to style your hair
4-NEVER USE PETROLATUM OR MINERAL OIL ON RELAXED HAIR, use little heat as possible with your hair as heat can only do more damage
5-use water based moisturizers, they are best for all hair types although leave-in conditionals also does the trick, deep condition hair every week to maintain strength and moisture.
I'm going to stop here cause people always love suspense cool, I'll upload the rest tips if you holla, I'd also be taking questions if you got one chao!!! grin
Re: How To Grow Long Hair, Easy And Simple Tips That Works by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 04, 2016
I'm natural with my hair but it breaks a lot. What product can I use please
Re: How To Grow Long Hair, Easy And Simple Tips That Works by Glassdoll(f): 3:37pm On Oct 04, 2016
MissHatey:
I'm natural with my hair but it breaks a lot. What product can I use please
Shear butter and coconut oil.

Also stop stressing your hair (especially the front hair) with tight braids or gum. Treat your hair like you'd treat a child and you'll love it.

1 Like

Re: How To Grow Long Hair, Easy And Simple Tips That Works by daizylove(f): 3:56pm On Oct 04, 2016
Glassdoll:
Shear butter and coconut oil.

Also stop stressing your hair (especially the front hair) with tight braids or gum. Treat your hair like you'd treat a child and you'll love it.
Shea butter isn't really good for your hair even when most Nigerians would testify negative to what I said, but the truth is Shea butter is considered a heavy oil, oils like put strains on the hair which in the long run might cause your hair to break, oil that feel thick, slimy should be avoided because it'll lock out moisture from the part of your hair that really needs it-the root, cocoanut oil is good, but you can try castor oil or lavender, that's the one I use and it more suitable, suprisingly oil that makes your hair feel dry are the best smiley, for lavender or castor oil brands, try hemani
Re: How To Grow Long Hair, Easy And Simple Tips That Works by daizylove(f): 4:13pm On Oct 04, 2016
I think it's high time I add a few hair care tips
6-DO NOT brush your hair with hard bristles it abruptly breaks your hair, you can also try drinking plenty of water to flush out toxins, eat well and elevate stress, surprisingly stress causes hair loss, drink atleast 8 ounces of water and exercise.
7- let me shock you a bit grin, this although is condered true by hair experts, if you want longer hair, cut your hair- I mean the tip of your hair to prevent split ends and make more room for your hair to grow, if you don't, we'll lets just say your hair length ain't going anywhere. This although is highly recomended for people who relax their hair.
8-try taking multi-vitamins, biotin supplements and food containing omega3
9-use silk pillows instead of cotton for this how ever reduces friction as you move your head in your sleep to lessen hair breakage, or try covering your hair before you sleep.
10-AVOID EXTENTIONS AND TIGHT BRAIDS, suprisingly this causes major hair loss also avoid tying you hair too tight with a rubber band cause it can pull you hair Fromm its roots
More would be added later, and I'll also drop few homade recipes for hair treatments that'll be flawless!!! grin
Re: How To Grow Long Hair, Easy And Simple Tips That Works by Glassdoll(f): 4:14pm On Oct 04, 2016
daizylove:
Shea butter isn't really good for your hair even when most Nigerians would testify negative to what I said, but the truth is Shea butter is considered a heavy oil, oils like put strains on the hair which in the long run might cause your hair to break, oil that feel thick, slimy should be avoided because it'll lock out moisture from the part of your hair that really needs it-the root, cocoanut oil is good, but you can try castor oil or lavender, that's the one I use and it more suitable, suprisingly oil that makes your hair feel dry are the best smiley, for lavender or castor oil brands, try hemani
Different hair I guess, my hair is quite strong and healthy, thanks to Shea butter.

Another thing that breaks hair; rubber bands. Hope u don't use it to hold your hair sad
Re: How To Grow Long Hair, Easy And Simple Tips That Works by Glassdoll(f): 4:15pm On Oct 04, 2016
daizylove:
6-DO NOT brush your hair with hard bristles it abruptly breaks your hair, you can also try drinking plenty of water to flush out toxins, eat well and elevate stress, surprisingly stress causes hair loss, drink atleast 8 ounces of water and exercise.
7- let me shock you a bit grin, this although is condered true by hair experts, if you want longer hair, cut your hair- I mean the tip of your hair to prevent split ends and make more room for your hair to grow, if you don't, we'll lets just say your hair length ain't going anywhere. This although is highly recomended for people who relax their hair.
9-use silk pillows instead of cotton for this how ever reduces friction as you move your head in your sleep to lessen hair breakage, or try covering your hair before you sleep.
10-AVOID EXTENTIONS AND TIGHT BRAIDS, suprisingly this causes major hair loss also avoid tying you hair too tight with a rubber band cause it can pull you hair Fromm its roots
More would be added later, and I'll also drop few homade recipes for hair treatments that'll be flawless!!! grin
Kudos! Ride on!
Re: How To Grow Long Hair, Easy And Simple Tips That Works by daizylove(f): 4:18pm On Oct 04, 2016
Glassdoll:
Different hair I guess, my hair is quite strong and healthy, thanks to Shea butter.

Another thing that breaks hair; rubber bands. Hope u don't use it to hold your hair sad
Then seems your hair root is quite moist, but why Shea butter was ruled off is that it not only makes your scalp produces its own moisture but it also attract diets that would cause you to scratch, therefore your hair breaks, but anyway if it works for you then fine grin! Oils that's dry in nature attracts little or no dirts and puts pressure on your scalp to moisturize itself so the part that need moist the moist is moist

1 Like

Re: How To Grow Long Hair, Easy And Simple Tips That Works by flakeStar: 4:47pm On Oct 04, 2016
I also disagree on Shea butter, I have natural hair that is locked and the secret for my luxurious and manageable hair is a Shea butter based product so I guess your hair type matters.
I also noticed Shea butter got rid of my scaly scalp.

1 Like

Re: How To Grow Long Hair, Easy And Simple Tips That Works by JohnnyBling(m): 11:48pm On Oct 04, 2016
daizylove:
Where can I get biotin supplements? I asked around a couple pharmacy shops.. no progress

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Grow Long Hair, Easy And Simple Tips That Works by daizylove(f): 10:13pm On Oct 05, 2016
JohnnyBling:

Where can I get biotin supplements? I asked around a couple pharmacy shops.. no progress
The last place I saw a biotin supplement on sale was on konga.com, try there, just search for biotin supplements

1 Like

Re: How To Grow Long Hair, Easy And Simple Tips That Works by JohnnyBling(m): 8:10am On Oct 06, 2016
daizylove:
The last place I saw a biotin supplement on sale was on konga.com, try there, just search for biotin supplements
I think I've found it.. Thanks much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Grow Long Hair, Easy And Simple Tips That Works by daizylove(f): 8:43am On Oct 06, 2016
JohnnyBling:

I think I've found it.. Thanks much
That's the one, you are to take biotin supplements for a minimum of 6 months by the way, please top that with multi vitamins, get the chewable once that are like gum balls, it's much easy to take and find, check your nearest supermarket or mall, good luck trying to grow flawless locks wink

1 Like

Re: How To Grow Long Hair, Easy And Simple Tips That Works by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 10, 2016
Glassdoll:

Do u apply d castor oil,jst like that or u heat up first and allow to cool b4 applying?
Re: How To Grow Long Hair, Easy And Simple Tips That Works by ladyb4sure(f): 4:12pm On Dec 04, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Men: Nigerian Women Lack Dress Sense / Unique Hairstyle: Tree Braids Wigs Hairstyles / Ladies, Can you Rock This Hairstyle?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.