Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,419 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

I Just Broke My New Glo Sim - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / I Just Broke My New Glo Sim (1089 Views)

Sold!!!!!Almost New Glo 4G Mifi For Sale / Brand New Huawei E585 Mobile Hotspot(1gb Free Data And Free Glo Sim) / New Glo Data Plans And Subscription Codes - Full List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Broke My New Glo Sim by amnesty7: 8:47pm On Oct 04, 2016
Against all the bad publicity Glo's data bundles have, last Friday I went to Glo's main ofis in Kaduna along Ahmadu Bello Way to buy a glo sim for my device. To my surprise, the two ladies that spoke to me told me that they didn't have the regstration devices and therefore directed me to the popular Makarfi Plaza to do it there. I didn't believe them but to save my time I did as advised. I bought a data sim from the Sim Registration Officer and registered it there. When the sim became active I recharged with N1000 and subscribed. I received 3.2GB as against the 1.5GB that other good networks I.e Etisalat, Airtel and MTN give. Despite the strong signals Glo has in both my home and place of work, till now (4.10.16) I couldn't do anything with the useless 3.2GB! I simply returned to my previous network. Glo is just a scam! I simply broke the sim and by God's Grace will never again have anything to do with Glo the cheat!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Broke My New Glo Sim by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 04, 2016
So how does breaking the sim help you? You lost the amount you used in the buying the sim, as well as the N1000 you paid to subscribe...and that's not to talk of the time and energy you spent registering the sim.

Why not at the very least keep the sim or give it out to someone. Glo's H+ where I stay is very good for browsing. I get up to 200kb/sec when downloading which is good enough for me. Yet whenever I get to my area in IB the Glo network is very slow and erratic.

It's a function of your location. Breaking the sim doesn't make sense.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Just Broke My New Glo Sim by semasir: 8:55pm On Oct 04, 2016
If you have good signals as reported, you won't be having issues. If you are using an android phone, go to the mobile settings and switch to only 3G against 2G and 3G....that should help

amnesty7:
Against all the bad publicity Glo's data bundles have, last Friday I went to Glo's main ofis in Kaduna along Ahmadu Bello Way to buy a glo sim for my device. To my surprise, the two ladies that spoke to me told me that they didn't have the regstration devices and therefore directed me to the popular Makarfi Plaza to do it there. I didn't believe them but to save my time I did as advised. I bought a data sim from the Sim Registration Officer and registered it there. When the sim became active I recharged with N1000 and subscribed. I received 3.2GB as against the 1.5GB that other good networks I.e Etisalat, Airtel and MTN give. Despite the strong signals Glo has in both my home and place of work, till now (4.10.16) I couldn't do anything with the useless 3.2GB! I simply returned to my previous network. Glo is just a scam! I simply broke the sim and by God's Grace will never again have anything to do with Glo the cheat!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Broke My New Glo Sim by bigtt76(f): 9:00pm On Oct 04, 2016
Instead of asking for help or assistance you go break your SIM. Who you come de do? angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Broke My New Glo Sim by goodmorning40: 9:06pm On Oct 04, 2016
Unfortunately it has infected that ur phone kindly smash the phone as well and there lays ur freedom

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Broke My New Glo Sim by Nobody: 9:25pm On Oct 04, 2016
as long as you r satisfied ... am with you!

amnesty7:

3 Likes

Re: I Just Broke My New Glo Sim by nickiemossie(f): 5:43am On Oct 05, 2016
I also bought a glo sim last week and isub for d 3.2gb ppackage and d new sim has not been showing 3g signal... Once i set my phone to 3g only, it shows emergency calls only. I called customer care and d rep said there is no 3g network in my locality whereas someone is rocking dsame glo 3g network in my area grin
I tried inserting d sim in anoda phone to check if d ish is frm my phone but d prob is stil same
Somebody help me o, i dnt wanna break d sim like OP...
Re: I Just Broke My New Glo Sim by spoilerx: 3:24pm On Oct 07, 2016
nickiemossie:
I also bought a glo sim last week and isub for d 3.2gb ppackage and d new sim has not been showing 3g signal... Once i set my phone to 3g only, it shows emergency calls only. I called customer care and d rep said there is no 3g network in my locality whereas someone is rocking dsame glo 3g network in my area grin
I tried inserting d sim in anoda phone to check if d ish is frm my phone but d prob is stil same
Somebody help me o, i dnt wanna break d sim like OP...

what phone do u use ? & is it a carrier branded device ?
Re: I Just Broke My New Glo Sim by nickiemossie(f): 11:16pm On Oct 07, 2016
Infinix hot note
Re: I Just Broke My New Glo Sim by jgbemson1: 12:43am On Oct 08, 2016
dat y its good to ask question ,assuming u asked question ,someone will have directed u on wat to do instead of breaking the sim card.

You loss the money and time wastage

advice : insteading of breaking d sim card n loosing ur 1k ,u shld given it to a less privilage person in ur area atleats he or she will appreciate.

Givers never lack

(1) (Reply)

New Unbox 128GB Iphone7plus For Sale #250k / Mint Asus Laptop With Accessories. SOLD SOLD SOLD!!! / Xiomi Redmi Note 5x Snapdragon Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.