Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,773 members, 7,851,636 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:20 AM

Alex's Life - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Alex's Life (3120 Views)

If You Are Not Ready To Trade, Kindly Forget About The Goal - Alex Ayo Afolabi / Maybe We Have To Get A Little Messed Up Before We Can Step Up: Alex Karev, / One Wrong Turn A Story By Alex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alex's Life by Shabib(m): 3:53pm On Oct 09, 2016
nastynic:
guy you need it or should i bring hot oil grin

that one go better
Re: Alex's Life by Shabib(m): 3:55pm On Oct 09, 2016
Mindfrick:
C'mon Stop Dat Joke!
which joke? Abegi
Re: Alex's Life by Missmossy(f): 6:54pm On Oct 09, 2016
Keep it coming, why is he mudering innocent people. Nawa ooo. More updates biko, enchanting piece.

2 Likes

Re: Alex's Life by Shabib(m): 7:17pm On Oct 09, 2016
Missmossy:
Keep it coming, why is he mudering innocent people. Nawa ooo. More updates biko, enchanting piece.

He just dey murder anyhow. Wetin do am sef?
Re: Alex's Life by Mindfrick(m): 11:45pm On Oct 09, 2016
nastynic:
guy you need it or should i bring hot oil grin
Gve Me A Well Loaded Girl.
Re: Alex's Life by Mindfrick(m): 11:47pm On Oct 09, 2016
Shabib:

which joke? Abegi
A Girl Wuld Be Beta
Re: Alex's Life by Shabib(m): 5:24am On Oct 10, 2016
Mindfrick:
A Girl Wuld Be Beta
You suppose say so before. I don package dem gals go home.
Re: Alex's Life by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 10, 2016
Pretty Nice Writeup U Gat There, Keep It Up. Enjoying The Suspence, Bt If U Kill Person With That Suspense Enh? I Go Arrest U O.

Calling All HERO TEAM MATES
TheblessedMAN, Royh[the buster], Tgold1, SmartestpopQUEEN(already here) Mk Una Cm Read Tori O.
Re: Alex's Life by Shabib(m): 10:36am On Oct 10, 2016
Mrlemuel:
Pretty Nice Writeup U Gat There, Keep It Up. Enjoying The Suspence, Bt If U Kill Person With That Suspense Enh? I Go Arrest U O.

TheblessedMAN, Royh[the buster], Tgold1, SmartestpopQUEEN(already here) Mk Una Cm Read Tori O.

Welcome bro. No arrest me, abegi.

1 Like

Re: Alex's Life by Shabib(m): 11:59pm On Oct 10, 2016
[b]***************
JANE & JAMES
It was Friday. She and James were to close the case of the murdered doctor if no supporting evidence was found. They were checking through the last set of CCTVs when they were notified of a distressed call recieved by the area's police reporting the sighting of a strange white-haired guy roaming the neigbourhood by a woman. The patrol team had also been notified, asking them to go to the adrress given immediately. They all swung into action immediately.
When they got to the caller's address, they met the patrol team already at the address waiting for them both. The patrol team had found noone with white hair roaming the neigbourhood. They were beginning to think it was a prank call. They then went ahead to question the caller. The middle-aged single mom confirmed seeing a white-haired guy passed by her house twice from her second floor. They then asked her to notify them as quick as she can if she finds anything suspicious again. The patrol team went back to their duty while they both went to their different homes from there.

KATE
She called the police yesterday when she saw a strange white-haired guy pass by her house twice some minutes past 9pm.
And now, she had been banging on her neigbour's gate for a long time with no response. Her son and her neigbour's son attend the same school, so they help her drop her son off at school everyday. But something seemed wrong today. They were not at her doorstep hurrying her up as was their usual behaviour, she was instead at their gate getting no response to her knocking. The gate was locked from inside signifying them being home. Even if they left already which they've never done, the gatekeeper was supposed to attend to whoever was at the gate. Calling their cell phone which only beeped with noone picking coupled with the strange man she saw yesterday, she decided to inform the police. It didn't take long for the police to arrive with the two detectives who questioned her the night before. They also did some series of knocking before forcing the gate open. The gatekeeper's dead body sprawled on the floor with blood oozing from his neck was what met their sight as soon as they got in. They all drew out their gun, ushered her outside asking her to call an ambulance. From there, she was taken to the police-station to give her statement by another set of policemen, her kid dropped off at school on the way.
She later got to know in the news that the three-member family was found murdered in their living-room, the husband tied to the wife and the son tied separately, the husband and the son had hands tied behind them while the wife had her hands tied to her legs. All had their mouths taped. Most importantly, there was the carved sign 'A' left behind by the murderer just like the murder that occured two months ago in this same Ib city. She wept for the good family, wondered what they did wrong to deserve such kind of death. She remembered how they've been of support to her and cried the more. What a wicked life!

Jane and James were in the neigbourhood later in the afternoon to look for evidences. When no evidence; not even the murderer's fingerprints was found on the crime scene earlier in the morning, they had come back to gather CCTVs in the area, to be checked later at work. The autopsy didn't even help, just the normal 'death due to suffocation' ish.

'Everything is starting to link together now,' said Jane. 'This A-guy is obviously on a killing spree. He knowingly used the same method in killing the two families. I told you then that the first murder won't be last one, remember?'

'What baffles me is that of the two families he's killed, both husbands are medical doctors who worked at UIBTH(University of Ib Teaching Hospital),' replied James.

Jane's eyes widened. 'And you're just telling me this now. Have you forgotten my husband also works there?' she almost shouted. She immediately placed a call through to her husband asking if he was okay. When her husband replied in the affirmative, she asked him to be careful before ending the call.

'I found that out not long ago. I dunno why you're getting aggressive.'

'I'm sorry, James. I just can't seem to have control over my emotions right now.'

'You don't need to feel this bad. We'll catch this murderer soon enough.'

'I hope so.'

They finished gathering the few CCTVs and returned back to the office, work continued.[/b]
Re: Alex's Life by Shabib(m): 1:29pm On Oct 11, 2016
Na wa ooo!
Re: Alex's Life by ROYH(m): 2:54pm On Oct 11, 2016
Mrlemuel:

i Don Show O Buh Ba3 Don Die grin

1 Like

Re: Alex's Life by Shabib(m): 3:26pm On Oct 11, 2016
ROYH:
i Don Show O Buh Ba3 Don Die grin
Baba nla! I hail thee!
Re: Alex's Life by Dahprech(f): 9:01pm On Oct 11, 2016
Shabib:
Missmossy, Dahprech, Mrlemuel, SmartestPopQUEEN, mindfrick, shabib, skarlett, rohy, nastynic, contrabanned.

Thanks for stopping by, guys.

Well well,shabib made me comment today.
Hope it's going to be a nice story bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alex's Life by Shabib(m): 7:46am On Oct 12, 2016
Dahprech:

Well well,shabib made me comment today. Hope it's going to be a nice story bro
I hope so too. Tiz my 1st attempt at an online story.

1 Like

Re: Alex's Life by Shabib(m): 11:22pm On Oct 13, 2016
I typed a long update which got wiped out. I've been typing for more than an hour now.
Re: Alex's Life by Breadfruit: 9:26am On Oct 17, 2016
I only read the first page and decided to leave a few comments before moving to the second page.

This is really captivating for a crime novel set in Nigeria. I think you have something here. Great storyline, great characters so far.

Get an editor. A writer almost never edits his own work satisfactorily.
And then, I think a case that isn't solved shouldn't be closed. It's left open indefinitely, it grows cold but not closed.

All in all, commendable.
Re: Alex's Life by Shabib(m): 11:08pm On Oct 17, 2016
Breadfruit:
I only read the first page and decided to leave a few comments before moving to the second page.

This is really captivating for a crime novel set in Nigeria. I think you have something here. Great storyline, great characters so far.

Get an editor. A writer almost never edits his own work satisfactorily.
And then, I think a case that isn't solved shouldn't be closed. It's left open indefinitely, it grows cold but not closed.

All in all, commendable.

Thanks sis. I'll try to ammend.

Where will i get an editor? I'm just a novice noone knows.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ferocious (Rated 18 For Sex, Nudity, Violence And Gore)) / Japa Gone Bad / AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.