Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve. (3110 Views)

Thorns In My Boot....a Soldiers Travail / A Poem For Chinua Achebe's Death / Professor Wole Soyinka Turns 78 Today-a Poem For Wole Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve. by overhypedsteve(m): 11:26am On Aug 16, 2014
Tyy

73 Likes

Re: AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve. by overhypedsteve(m): 3:09pm On Aug 16, 2014
Only us can celebrate our heroes.
From their efforts in Liberia,sieraleone and Darfur Somalia. We ve negotiated for peace all through Africa with coffins of our sons. And now faced with internal terror. Those that now spite their own religion. Those that allow the blood of the young and the old to mix freely with the dust,Those that hunt with bombs and grenade. This are the people that we ve sent our sons to challenge on the shrubs and swamps of sambisa, on the hills of gwoza and the mountains of mandara. This are sons that have known the love and care of a mother now to face the barbaric hate and malice of a madman. We shall win where others fail.
pic 3: late lt Odushina (DIA)

4 Likes

Re: AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve. by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 16, 2014
Steve my bro, don't be depressed. Nigerians don't seem to appreciate poetry. Its a nice piece you got here. Keep writing, not to impress but to express. And like you said "every hero has his day".

5 Likes

Re: AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve. by overhypedsteve(m): 4:29pm On Aug 16, 2014
Teflony: Steve my bro, don't be depressed. Nigerians don't seem to appreciate poetry. Its a nice piece you got here. Keep writing, not to impress but to express. And like you said "every hero has his day".
with this little words of encouragement you ve uplifted a broken man's spirit.
Those that would not appreciate the aesthetic beauty of indigenous poetry are far worst than those who blow up, ancient structures and monasteries in defence of religion. Your words, my man was well received.

4 Likes

Re: AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve. by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 16, 2014
Awesome
Re: AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve. by frabel: 5:27pm On Aug 16, 2014
well done bro, more ink to ur feather. good work.
Re: AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve. by driand(m): 5:30pm On Aug 16, 2014
master piece indeed, weldone bro....

1 Like

Re: AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve. by overhypedsteve(m): 5:44pm On Aug 16, 2014
frabel: well done bro, more ink to ur feather. good work.
believe me my good man. It is kind words like this that gave me the feather from which this words flew into prints.
Re: AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve. by biafranqueen: 5:49pm On Aug 16, 2014
My favorite writer is Chris Abani (Graceland, Becoming Abigail) I went to a reading in Malibu California and I was the only person of color talk less of Nigerian. The hall was packed with white people but sadly most Nigerians never heard of him. So please learn from him and others like
Papa Achebe,Chimamada Ngozi Adichie were popular in America way before Nigerians appreciated them.

Keep living your passion and remember people only give you as much credit as you give yourself.

I suggest you submit it to a paper or some of the online contest. You are very talented the poem was deep and really brings up raw emotions to the reader. Send it to Vanguard they may even publish it.

1 Like

Re: AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve. by overhypedsteve(m): 6:02pm On Aug 16, 2014
biafranqueen: My favorite writer is Chris Abani (Graceland, Becoming Abigail) I went to a reading in Malibu California and I was the only person of color talk less of Nigerian. The hall was packed with white people but sadly most Nigerians never heard of him. So please learn from him and others like
Papa Achebe,Chimamada Ngozi Adichie were popular in America way before Nigerians appreciated them.

Keep living your passion and remember people only give you as much credit as you give yourself.

I suggest you submit it to a paper or some of the online contest. You are very talented the poem was deep and really brings up raw emotions to the reader. Send it to Vanguard they may even publish it.

few people on the internet space can boast of having attained your level of reasoning. Your love for poetry and Art is reflected in your word command. Believe me my dear friend. Your name will find a place in my diary today.

1 Like

Re: AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve. by biafranqueen: 6:12pm On Aug 16, 2014
overhypedsteve: few people on the internet space can boast of having attained your level of reasoning. Your love for poetry and Art is reflected in your word command. Believe me my dear friend. Your name will find a place in my diary today.
kiss
Re: AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve. by cole265(m): 6:42pm On Aug 16, 2014
Very interesting, deep and incisive. Wishing you success as you press on. You must blow your own trumpet and i mist say, you have staryed well.

1 Like

Re: AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve. by decoderdgenius(m): 6:46pm On Aug 16, 2014
Despite the fact that we all need encouragement in our endeavours, I believe a man should not blow his trumpet, rather, let his work blow it for him. Yes, u wrote a piece about Nigerian heroes, thats nice but it doesn't warrant ur going to and fro on nairaland complaining that no one appreciates ur piece. Actually I read it and I think its okay but stop whining. If u're good its just a matter of time, the world will know. Adios.

3 Likes

Re: AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve. by Eldavido1: 6:53pm On Aug 16, 2014
There's general lack of interest in poetry by Nigerians but that shouldn't discourage. A lovely pieces by the way. More grease to your elbow!
Re: AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve. by Eldavido1: 6:53pm On Aug 16, 2014
There's general lack of interest in poetry by Nigerians but that shouldn't discourage. A lovely pieces by the way. More grease to your elbow! front page plsss!!!

1 Like

Re: AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve. by overhypedsteve(m): 7:07pm On Aug 16, 2014
decoderdgenius: Despite the fact that we all need encouragement in our endeavours, I believe a man should not blow his trumpet, rather, let his work blow it for him. Yes, u wrote a piece about Nigerian heroes, thats nice but it doesn't warrant ur going to and fro on nairaland complaining that no one appreciates ur piece. Actually I read it and I think its okay but stop whining. If u're good its just a matter of time, the world will know. Adios.
my man don't you think it wont be fair if you attribute an ill intention to my honest actions.
The work was created for the enjoyment of the public,
how that is achieved now depends on me and all those who see a need for the broadcast of this material.
Re: AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve. by overhypedsteve(m): 7:12pm On Aug 16, 2014
Henry120 One of NL finest patriots viewing my thread. Oga leave your comment oh!!

1 Like

Re: AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve. by ademoladeji(m): 7:12pm On Aug 16, 2014
Good one

1 Like

Re: AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve. by Nobody: 7:42pm On Aug 16, 2014
overhypedsteve: Henry120 One of NL finest patriots viewing my thread. Oga leave your comment oh!!

It's a beautiful piece man.

I was just too emotionally touched to comment, and still am. Many fathers, brothers, friends, sons and uncles are dying needlessly in this senseless insurgency.

There is absolutely no question I would have wished our military was a "parade ground" or a "hollywood" military like the SANDF.

God be with our armed forces and God bless you for this beautiful piece.
Re: AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve. by Sparrow13: 7:42pm On Aug 16, 2014
I see a Galant Soldier view this thread, Henry120
Re: AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve. by overhypedsteve(m): 7:46pm On Aug 16, 2014
Henry120:

It's a beautiful piece man.

I was just too emotionally touched to comment, and still am. Many fathers, brothers, friends, sons and uncles are dying needlessly in this senseless insurgency.

There is absolutely no question I would have wished our military was a "parade ground" or a "hollywood" military like the SANDF.

God be with our armed forces and God bless you for this beautiful piece.
thanks sir. I ve followed your comments on beegeagle and NL and this coming from you means a lot.

1 Like

Re: AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve. by skydancer: 9:58pm On Aug 16, 2014
I don't usually connect so well with poetry but I did connect with this. Nice one
Re: AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve. by ziky2010(m): 10:40pm On Aug 16, 2014
Nice poem.those soldiers must really be commended.I always tremble anytime I hear d sound of a gun
Re: AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve. by Nobody: 12:23am On Aug 17, 2014
this is beautiful piece sir, am pasting it on my facebook wall right now. Am a poet myself.

So
Cheers to the valiant ones
In whose arms envelopes a Nation
Cheers to the Titans
To the unsung heroes.
Re: AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve. by overhypedsteve(m): 2:18am On Aug 17, 2014
AkunneObinna: this is beautiful piece sir, am pasting it on my facebook wall right now. Am a poet myself.

So
Cheers to the valiant ones
In whose arms envelopes a Nation
Cheers to the Titans
To the unsung heroes.
you will be doing me too much honour. Thanks My man.paste the link too. if you see it fit for credit.
Re: AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve. by overhypedsteve(m): 2:25am On Aug 17, 2014
ziky2010: Nice poem.those soldiers must really be commended.I always tremble anytime I hear d sound of a gun
don't we all? Only that some are forced by duty to dance to the music of the kalashnikova.they do not deserve praises they deserve to find a place in our heart.
Re: AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve. by agaugust: 3:19am On Aug 17, 2014
overhypedsteve: At least someone with sense liked this poetic master piece. Wished i could even like it myself.

That poem got 50 likes in 24 hours ! Good job mister writer, university professors don't get that much likes for a poem in a day at UNILAG.

-Augustine

Re: AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve. by overhypedsteve(m): 9:30am On Aug 17, 2014
agaugust:

That poem got 50 likes in 24 hours ! Good job mister writer, university professors don't get that much likes for a poem in a day at UNILAG.

-Augustine

you waste so much praise on a humble work such as this. thank you Mr Augustine.
Re: AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve. by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 17, 2014
@Ziky2010waw I was born around Guns. Grew up with there sound and sight. Marble piece OP. OUR boys are real courageous men with little to benefit. The face death every day with HONOR. El Salvo
Re: AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve. by Dannylux: 10:39am On Aug 17, 2014
It's a nice piece.. The last stanza was quite emotional, your work is highly commendable. Keep the flag flying high.
Re: AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve. by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 17, 2014
Just here to encourage you op. Am not a fan of poems but i got the msg.
God be with our heroes.
Re: AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve. by scarr: 3:42am On Aug 18, 2014
overhypedsteve: with this little words of encouragement you ve uplifted a broken man's spirit.
Those that would not appreciate the aesthetic beauty of indigenous poetry are far worst than those who blow up, ancient structures and monasteries in defence of religion. Your words, my man was well received.
@bolded so just because someone doesn't like poetry dat makes him a bad person? let ur work speak for u and stop d attention seeking.......ill rather stay with 100 non poetry lovers dan with one suicide bomber......plus ur poem won't stop a soldier from harassing you because u kicked a lil sand on his boots accidentally...#misplacedpriorities

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Holy Grail[Novel/Thriller] ✘ / What Does It Entail To Own Or Publish A Monthly Glossy Magazine? / What Saying Yes Did To Me (a True Short Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.