Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him (36279 Views)

Youths Do Photoshoot In Lagos Traffic After Being Stuck For 5 Hours / LASEMA Uses Crane To Rescue Man Stuck In Mud At 3rd Mainland Bridge(photos) / Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by bolajiboi(m): 4:48pm On Oct 27, 2016
Lalasticlala abeg show face nah. B4 police turn the op to ATM. Help us push it to FP so relevant authority can assist the op

5 Likes

Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by luciouscookie: 3:07pm On Oct 29, 2016
I know it must have been challenging and stressful @op but God knows you have done your best and him alone will reward you. It's well.

3 Likes

Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by no1madman(m): 9:38pm On Oct 29, 2016
His ghost might haunt u. .watch out 4 part 2. .
Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by elengee(m): 8:53pm On Oct 30, 2016
smithsydny:
I just read everything.. Dr ur a better man.. I pray to come in contact with someone of your kind.. Your type don't come often in a life time.. Blessing follow u sir..

Amen Amen Amen
Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by elengee(m): 8:55pm On Oct 30, 2016
no1madman:
His ghost might haunt u. .watch out 4 part 2. .

He seems to be resting peacefully. I'll let you when whenever the ghost shows up

51 Likes

Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by elengee(m): 9:01pm On Oct 30, 2016
bolajiboi:
Lalasticlala abeg show face nah. B4 police turn the op to ATM. Help us push it to FP so relevant authority can assist the op

I appreciate your concern bro. The only people that can resurrect the man forever remains the police. However, I have a comprehensive document of everything I did to save Mr Unknown's life after the accident. The body is in the morgue and the police says if nobody comes forward after a specific time frame, they'll order for the body to be buried.

I am resting my hope on God

5 Likes

Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 30, 2016
elengee:

Amen Amen Amen
yes boss. your a better person.
Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by oladipo322(m): 11:40am On Oct 31, 2016
May God heal him
Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by coolaustyne(m): 11:40am On Oct 31, 2016
elengee:
Dear NAIRALANDers,
It is with heavy heart that I write this piece and I will appreciate your suggestions on the way forward.

I was travelling along idiroko Road on the 1st of October, 2016, on the fast lane near the culvert, when an apparently mad man ran carelessly across the road and before I could maneuver away from him, he was hit and got knocked down.

The windscreen got shattered and part of my car roof cave in. I however managed to stop the car and rushed down to the fallen man.

He was lying there by the median culvert and unconscious. I asked people to help get a vehicle to take him to a Hospital but nobody moved. They seem tobe enjoying the live drama. I then walked to the car, reversed and they help put him on my car seat.

I drove him into the nearest hospital, rolled up my sleeves and joined the Medical team to resuscitate the man. He looks unkempt and is apparently a wanderer.

By the way, I am a medical practitioner.

He was admitted and put on necessary equipment and medication. However, he remained in coma.

I thereafter went in search of people around who may identify or know the victim. Nobody has seen him before.

Later, I went to the nearest police station to report the accident, and an officer accompanied me to the hospital, then back to the station and I put down a statemen and was released on self recognition.

I took the man for a CT Scan yesterday to further investigate him while continuing other treatments.

It's been 4 days of the best medicare anyone can hope for and the man is still in coma.

The police are waiting and watching.
I am waiting, watching, praying and caring.
The man is just there.

What more can I do?
You have a good heart.. May God grant him quick recovery, and his sanity too. God bless u. And I hope the police men ain't accusing u of anything?
Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by emamos: 11:41am On Oct 31, 2016
shamack:
Hope say u no be ritualist
silly Question

5 Likes

Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by labienyce(m): 11:41am On Oct 31, 2016
God be with you OP

3 Likes

Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by remiopash: 11:41am On Oct 31, 2016
What I believe is that you have the best .Leave the rest to God.I know you will come out clean in Jesus name.Amen

1 Like

Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by Coldfeet(f): 11:42am On Oct 31, 2016
Weldone elengee may God reward your kind gesture.

Rip to the unknown man at least he spent his last days in care and comfort around him cry

1 Like

Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by SAMBARRY: 11:42am On Oct 31, 2016
Nawa o.it is super dangerous to be nice to a stranger in Lagos. The police can rope anything on YOU e.g attempted murder,hit and run person that was caught, ritualist or anything

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 31, 2016
Running204:
U might have knockout the madness in him grin.
This cracked me up lmao!

2 Likes

Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by HIScraziness(m): 11:43am On Oct 31, 2016
elengee:
UPDATE

The IPO came as scheduled on Thursday 20th October. He saw and noted the A Class care the unknown man is getting and left.

On Saturday 22nd of October, 2016, I was on my way to have a discussion with the police concerning the release of my car which have been in their custody since the October 1st incidence when I got the call

"Mr Unknown has passed on"

I immediately notify the police of the development and was encouraged to still come over.

The Divisional Transport Officer, DTO, didn't really know how to proceed from that point since no relative has come forward. So he advised we see the DPO

The DPO, as usual, is better educated and enlightened. He appreciated my effort to keep him alive and ask that I bring the corpse to the general hospital near the station.

I asked that the body be preserved and that I'll bring the corpse the following Monday 24th.

Plenty of issues with the mortuary attendant who later accepted the corpse after a huge deposit. Claiming "hospital policy'

Then the DTO began to tell me a long story of how complicated the matter is and that if it happens to a Calabar man, they'll ask me to pay millions of Naira (Apologies to the Calabar people in the house)

After the sermon, and after I was asked to pay "VIO inspection fee" he asked the IPO to "discuss" the release of my car.

My car was released on bond.

Here is how far I have gone. It's been 3 weeks of personal challenge. It's been 3 weeks of favour from all sides.

Thank you for your support.

Jheez!! I can't believe I just read that, wtf!!

I must say the holy spirit got an apartment inside of you cheesy cheesy

13 Likes

Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by HabaSeun: 11:44am On Oct 31, 2016
Don't worry he will wake up a sane man.
Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by deflover(m): 11:45am On Oct 31, 2016
y are you afraid
you 've a valid driver's licence ba

so fear not
the police are hoping he die
even I he does
nuffin will happen
the only issue here is they will say you too him to the hospital without coming to them when in sane countries police would 've been on the spot to take statements before he is moved to the hospital

1 Like

Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by bikefab(m): 11:45am On Oct 31, 2016
Just have a liittle faith, he'll come through.
Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by Nobody: 11:46am On Oct 31, 2016
But where is lalasticlala sef embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Oga I have been following this thread and the trend so far...I must say you have tried your best.

Lets leave this matter to God...in case, they invite ICPC, EFCC, VIO, FRSC, CCT, CCB or even NJC, please shout.......we are solidly behind you. Nice day. cry
Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by Angelahoney: 11:47am On Oct 31, 2016
elengee:
UPDATE

The IPO came as scheduled on Thursday 20th October. He saw and noted the A Class care the unknown man is getting and left.

On Saturday 22nd of October, 2016, I was on my way to have a discussion with the police concerning the release of my car which have been in their custody since the October 1st incidence when I got the call

I immediately notify the police of the development and was encouraged to still come over.

The Divisional Transport Officer, DTO, didn't really know how to proceed from that point since no relative has come forward. So he advised we see the DPO

The DPO, as usual, is better educated and enlightened. He appreciated my effort to keep him alive and ask that I bring the corpse to the general hospital near the station.

I asked that the body be preserved and that I'll bring the corpse the following Monday 24th.

Plenty of issues with the mortuary attendant who later accepted the corpse after a huge deposit. Claiming "hospital policy'

Then the DTO began to tell me a long story of how complicated the matter is and that if it happens to a Calabar man, they'll ask me to pay millions of Naira (Apologies to the Calabar people in the house)

After the sermon, and after I was asked to pay "VIO inspection fee" he asked the IPO to "discuss" the release of my car.

Here is how far I have gone. It's been 3 weeks of personal challenge. It's been 3 weeks of favour from all sides.

Since it wasn't you fault, don't worry. I hope the police didn't victimise you. It's sad to indirectly kill a man.

2 Likes

Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by Vaxt(m): 11:48am On Oct 31, 2016
elengee:
UPDATE

Today marks 14 days since the accident involving a destitute. He has had the best of medicare but hasn't regain consciousness. CT Scan ssays no skull or brain damage.

I live far from where the incident happened 2 weeks ago. Today, I decided to move him closer home.

Here are some pictorials

I will appreciate your continuous prayers
bro that madman de use u de chop food 4 hospital trust me 1 of my slap go bring am out of coma make him continue with him comma world

1 Like

Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by Vaxt(m): 11:49am On Oct 31, 2016
elengee:
UPDATE

Today marks 14 days since the accident involving a destitute. He has had the best of medicare but hasn't regain consciousness. CT Scan ssays no skull or brain damage.

I live far from where the incident happened 2 weeks ago. Today, I decided to move him closer home.

Here are some pictorials

I will appreciate your continuous prayers
bro that madman de use u de chop food 4 hospital trust me 1 of my slap go bring am out of coma make him continue with him comma world
Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by 12inchDickson: 11:49am On Oct 31, 2016
elengee:
UPDATE

it happened to me last year august during sallah, the man hit was clearly drunk Buh I had to take care of him thank God he dint go into coma, I would have committed suicide, the trouble was just too much .. Thnk God ur trouble is over..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by Bigajeff(m): 11:49am On Oct 31, 2016
You have nothing to worry, there a legal law that protect good Samaritans. hope he recover quick since he enjoys best of care at the moment
Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by HopeAlive14(m): 11:52am On Oct 31, 2016
I don't think this incident was a coincidence; God knows why He permitted it, probably to try or test your faith.

I also think that this is a lesson for us all, that no matter what, we must take responsibility for our actions even though there may be easy and illegal ways out.

God will surely bless you for all your care, sir.

RIP to the dead; I pray some family relations show up to claim the corpse.

5 Likes

Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 31, 2016
elengee:

Amen Amen Amen

Mehn. You have a good heart.
I don't know what I would have done if I were you.
God bless and honour you.

2 Likes

Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by Talk2Bella(f): 11:54am On Oct 31, 2016
Your efforts won't be in vain amen
Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 31, 2016
With people like you it means there is still hope for Nigeria.
RIP to the dead man. NPF try small on this one too.

4 Likes

Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 31, 2016
Bigajeff:
You have nothing to worry, there a legal law that protect good Samaritans. hope he recover quick since he enjoys best of care at the moment
He died.
Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by somez(m): 11:56am On Oct 31, 2016
Ur sick. Wish u quick recovery.
shamack:
Hope say u no be ritualist

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 31, 2016
Vaxt:
He is dead Oga. He later died. All his sufferings ended. He is at peace now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Conductor Cooking Under Petrol Tanker [photos] / Google Celebrates Ladi Kwali (Nigerian Potter) With A Doodle / Giant Snake Swallowed Woman In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.