Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,627 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Meet This Man Who Takes His Child To Work Because He’ S Scared Of Housemaids - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Meet This Man Who Takes His Child To Work Because He’ S Scared Of Housemaids (2038 Views)

Nigerian Man Drops Bundles Of 100 Dollar Bills For His Child To Play With.Photos / Man Discovers 32-year-old ‘son’ Isn’t His Child (photos) / Career Women Battle Housemaids’ Sexcapades, Randy Husbands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet This Man Who Takes His Child To Work Because He’ S Scared Of Housemaids by itsop(m): 7:26am On Oct 05, 2016
This proud new dad, Shamora Collins, in the
photo above, has become a Facebook
sensation currently after he shared photos of
himself taking care of his baby girl while at
work. (His wife works too).

Shamora, who is an IT manager from
Uganda shared his amazing decision on
Facebook – the post which has now
garnered over 75 thousand likes and 8
thousand shares reads:

When my wife wife’s maternity
was done she wondered what we
would do for baby Christabel
since she had to resume work.. I
thought of hiring a maid but after
seeing brutal maids actions I told
my wife I will be going to work
with her….. She laughed I told
her I couldn’t risk my child with a
maid . my work being flexible and
my wife couldn’t go with her….. I
took up the role….so I asked my
wife how to bathe her,feed her,
dress her and how to hold her
which she gladly taught me…… Its
a month now since I started
working with my daughter…. Iam
happy and enjoying every
moment ,she no longer cries for
the mum anymore……..
Baby Christabel thanks for being
cooperative she sits well in her
car seat and listens to music and
we drive too and from work as
she laughs.
Thanks my boss for letting me
bring my daughter along . and to
all my colleagues thanks for the
support
Fellow men Dont get ashamed of
your children play your role…..

see pics below

Source : http://www.praizeblog.com/2016/10/meet-this-man-who-takes-his-child-to.html?m=0

cc lalasticlala fynestboi ishilove ijebabe missyb3

4 Likes

Re: Meet This Man Who Takes His Child To Work Because He’ S Scared Of Housemaids by porshuch: 7:31am On Oct 05, 2016
the position of that baby's head in the last picture is not advisable when feeding a baby. anyway he tried sha.

3 Likes

Re: Meet This Man Who Takes His Child To Work Because He’ S Scared Of Housemaids by KevMitnick: 7:46am On Oct 05, 2016
He must own the business that's why. And where is the baby's Mama?
Re: Meet This Man Who Takes His Child To Work Because He’ S Scared Of Housemaids by speedyconnect3: 7:54am On Oct 05, 2016
The wife should take this up naa
Re: Meet This Man Who Takes His Child To Work Because He’ S Scared Of Housemaids by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 05, 2016
speedyconnect3:
The wife should take this up naa
looking after the child is not only the wife responsibility.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet This Man Who Takes His Child To Work Because He’ S Scared Of Housemaids by eyinjuege: 8:47am On Oct 05, 2016
Nice one. The baby is well taken care of.

He's lucky his employers allow him bring the baby to work.

1 Like

Re: Meet This Man Who Takes His Child To Work Because He’ S Scared Of Housemaids by Frank3n2(m): 9:00am On Oct 05, 2016
rokiatu:

lol abi? They both had sex... grin

1 Like

Re: Meet This Man Who Takes His Child To Work Because He’ S Scared Of Housemaids by busar(m): 9:57am On Oct 05, 2016
rokiatu:
The responsibilities are done in different ways. Not to the point of the father taking his infant child to his place of work when the child needed the mother most. Just like it is in the picture, a mother can't feed her daughter in such posture. They both have the child, it is their responsibilities but the responsibilities would be carried out in different ways...
Re: Meet This Man Who Takes His Child To Work Because He’ S Scared Of Housemaids by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 05, 2016
Oga please hold the baby's head well while feeding her before she chokes. Thank God for men like this. .

2 Likes

Re: Meet This Man Who Takes His Child To Work Because He’ S Scared Of Housemaids by Nobody: 10:21am On Oct 05, 2016
busar:
The responsibilities are done in different ways. Not to the point of the father taking his infant child to his place of work when the child needed the mother most. Just like it is in the picture, a mother can't feed her daughter in such posture. They both have the child, it is their responsibilities but the responsibilities would be carried out in different ways...

That's why he needs to learn how to do it before taking up the responsibility. No woman was born with such Knowledge, we all had to learn it too. I don't see why men shouldn't as well.

Nigerian men think it's beneath them to attend antenatal with their wives or reserch on how to take care of babies. Meanwhile these are things every father should know ordinarily.

Take this man for instance, he only started learning how to bathe, feed, cloth, etc the baby when his wife'said maternity leave was due. But he had 9 months of pregnancy to research and 3months of maternity to practice. Yet he chose not to until the last minute. Now he's doing things wrongly and if something happens to the baby, people will blame the wife for passing her 'responsibility' to the man. undecided

Come to think of it, isn't the woman working to support the family too? Why should she then have to bear the responsibility of childcare alone?

It just doesn't sound fair!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet This Man Who Takes His Child To Work Because He’ S Scared Of Housemaids by busar(m): 10:43am On Oct 05, 2016
Ujoan:

That's why he needs to learn how to do it before taking up the responsibility. No woman was born with such Knowledge, we all had to learn it too. I don't see why men shouldn't as well.

Nigerian men think it's beneath them to attend antenatal with their wives or reserch on how to take care of babies. Meanwhile these are things every father should know ordinarily.

Take this man for instance, he only started learning how to bathe, feed, cloth, etc the baby when his wife'said maternity leave was due. But he had 9 months of pregnancy to research and 3months of maternity to practice. Yet he chose not to until the last minute. Now he's doing things wrongly and if something happens to the baby, people will blame the wife for passing her 'responsibility' to the man. undecided

Come to think of it, isn't the woman working to support the family too? Why should she then have to bear the responsibility of childcare alone?

The husband can only assist but not taking the sole responsibility of child caring entirely. Likewise the wife too, it's not her duty to assist the hubby financial. It is her money, she can assist her hubby financially (which is commendable) but it's not her responsibility to do so. Just like nobody can say it's the wife duty to provide for the family financially. Child upbringing is not about just showering the baby with money but the motherly care. The husband and the wife have different role to play entirely. We were even taught this in Social Studies back in those days tongue wink
Re: Meet This Man Who Takes His Child To Work Because He’ S Scared Of Housemaids by busar(m): 10:47am On Oct 05, 2016
Note: I'm not saying the husband can't feed, bath and cloth the baby. This act promotes love in the Union BUT it is the wife's duty..... We shouldn't Westernize everything that comes in our way please cool
Re: Meet This Man Who Takes His Child To Work Because He’ S Scared Of Housemaids by Nobody: 10:49am On Oct 05, 2016
busar:
The husband can only assist but not taking the sole responsibility of child caring entirely. Likewise the wife too, it's not her duty to assist the hubby financial. It is her money, she can assist her hubby financially (which is commendable) but it's not her responsibility to do so. Just like nobody can say it's the wife duty to provide for the family financially. Child upbringing is not about just showering the baby with money but the motherly care. The husband and the wife have different role to play entirely. We were even taught this in Social Studies back in those days tongue wink

So what if (God forbid ) the wife dies during childbirth? Is the baby doomed to complete lack of parental care?

2 Likes

Re: Meet This Man Who Takes His Child To Work Because He’ S Scared Of Housemaids by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 05, 2016
busar:
Note: I'm not saying the husband can't feed, bath and cloth the baby. This act promotes love in the Union BUT it is the wife's duty..... We shouldn't Westernize everything that comes in our way please cool

Nobody is asking him to do it all the time. He only does it while the wife is at work. I'm sure he promptly passes her on once she returns.

2 Likes

Re: Meet This Man Who Takes His Child To Work Because He’ S Scared Of Housemaids by busar(m): 10:53am On Oct 05, 2016
Ujoan:

So what if (God forbid ) the wife dies during childbirth? Is the baby doomed to complete lack of parental care?
But the wife is not dead yet smiley
Re: Meet This Man Who Takes His Child To Work Because He’ S Scared Of Housemaids by Nobody: 10:59am On Oct 05, 2016
busar:
But the wife is not dead yet smiley

So he should wait till his wife dies before he start taking care of his child?

4 Likes

Re: Meet This Man Who Takes His Child To Work Because He’ S Scared Of Housemaids by busar(m): 11:06am On Oct 05, 2016
Ujoan:

So he should wait till his wife dies before he start taking care of his child?
No one said he shouldn't take care of the child
Re: Meet This Man Who Takes His Child To Work Because He’ S Scared Of Housemaids by opeyemiieblog(m): 12:16pm On Oct 05, 2016
cc lalasticlala
Re: Meet This Man Who Takes His Child To Work Because He’ S Scared Of Housemaids by tellwisdom: 4:14pm On Oct 05, 2016
Mumu man...No wonder your name is Ugandan sad....
Re: Meet This Man Who Takes His Child To Work Because He’ S Scared Of Housemaids by dexterush(f): 4:48pm On Oct 05, 2016
The fear of househelp is the beginning of wisdom,thumps up to the man,caring for babies is not beans.if more men can be as helpful as this man(not saying men should start taking their babies to work), there will be less stories of house help and their wahala .

2 Likes

Re: Meet This Man Who Takes His Child To Work Because He’ S Scared Of Housemaids by NevetsIbot(m): 10:43pm On Oct 05, 2016
Cool dad

1 Like

Re: Meet This Man Who Takes His Child To Work Because He’ S Scared Of Housemaids by Nobody: 11:59pm On Oct 05, 2016
Ujoan:

Thank you so much my sister for this post. Well said.
Re: Meet This Man Who Takes His Child To Work Because He’ S Scared Of Housemaids by schumastic(m): 5:43am On Oct 06, 2016
Re: Meet This Man Who Takes His Child To Work Because He’ S Scared Of Housemaids by sisisioge: 7:47am On Oct 06, 2016
Cute...but one of them could resign. I would resign and do it till the kids could start school or till I could do my thing.
Re: Meet This Man Who Takes His Child To Work Because He’ S Scared Of Housemaids by Opistorincos(m): 10:06am On Oct 06, 2016
grin
Re: Meet This Man Who Takes His Child To Work Because He’ S Scared Of Housemaids by soonest(f): 10:33am On Oct 06, 2016
Wonderful! If only many men can be this helpful in childcare.

1 Like

Re: Meet This Man Who Takes His Child To Work Because He’ S Scared Of Housemaids by Pidggin(f): 10:33am On Oct 06, 2016
With the responses on here it is clear that African culture is nothing but a set of uncoordinated rules made by egotistical men with hardly any human feelings.

When it comes to your child's upkeep there should not be competition if love exists. This man deserves a big thumbs up!

1 Like

Re: Meet This Man Who Takes His Child To Work Because He’ S Scared Of Housemaids by Arijude(m): 10:59am On Oct 06, 2016
rokiatu:
Ugba gi akaria
Re: Meet This Man Who Takes His Child To Work Because He’ S Scared Of Housemaids by johncreek: 5:08pm On Oct 06, 2016
So impressive... Keep it up...
She is gonna love you even than her future husband. grin
Re: Meet This Man Who Takes His Child To Work Because He’ S Scared Of Housemaids by babyfaceafrica: 5:55pm On Oct 06, 2016
Rabbish

(1) (Reply)

Should I Abandon My Dads Property? / Why Are Nigerians Too Obsessed With Marriage? / The Consequence Of Living Alone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.