Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,240 members, 7,815,327 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

New Testament Verse Christians Ignore - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / New Testament Verse Christians Ignore (2912 Views)

Do Most Christians Ignore Jesus' Advice To Not Pray In Public? / ‘it’s Foolish For Pastors To Ignore Police Protection’ / The God Of Old Testament And That Of New Testament Cannot Be The Same (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by EyeHateGod: 9:30pm On Oct 05, 2016
Give away everything u own:

- Luk 14:33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh, not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.
- Luk 18:22 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.
- Mat 19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go [and] sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come [and] follow me.
- Mar 10:21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.

Give anything You have to anyone Who ask:

- Mat 5:42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

Women - dont dress up, Fix ur hair or wear jewelry:

- 1Pe 3:3 Whose adorning let it not be that outward [adorning] of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;

Women should shut up while in church! this one is for my dear anas01 that loves arguing with me!

- 1Co 14:34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but [they are commanded] to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

Prayers and Oil (not doctors) if u are sick:

- Jam 5:14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.

Do not marry a divorced woman:

- Mat 5:32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

Don't marry!:

- 1Co 7:27 Art thou bound unto a wife? seek not to be loosed. Art thou loosed from a wife? seek not a wife.

Cut off Your Hands!:

- Mat 5:30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast [it] from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not [that] thy whole body should be cast into hell. grin anas01 na sharia law be this o! 4evergod1

Return runaway slaves:

- Phm 1:12 Whom I have sent again: thou, therefore, receive him, that is, mine own bowels:

Gouge out your eyes!:

- Mat 5:29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast [it] from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not [that] thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Never swear an oath:

- Mat 5:34 But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's Throne...winner01 u have a problem with this? u and jw?

Do not defend yourself:

- Mat 5:39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Do not pray in public:

- Mat 6:5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites [are]: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
- Mat 6:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Do not save money or goods:

- Mat 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal...winner01 kingebukabkog will u kindly stop saving money in the bank?

Don't plan for the future:

- Mat 6:34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day [is] the evil thereof.

Don't wear Nice clothes!:

- Mat 6:28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin
- Mat 6:29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

The wealthy will be condemned!:

- Jam 5:1 Go to now, [ye] rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon [you].
- Jam 5:2 Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten.
- Jam 5:3 Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.
- Jam 5:4 Behold, the hire of the laborers who have reaped down your fields, which is of you kept back by fraud, crieth: and the cries of them which have reaped are entered into the ears of the Lord of sabaoth.
- Jam 5:5 Ye have lived in pleasure on the earth, and been wanton; ye have nourished your hearts, as in a day of slaughter.

Hate your Family:

- Luk 14:26 If any [man] come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Christ like indeed. Abeg who still day buy that stupid lie??

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by Boybrano(m): 10:12pm On Oct 05, 2016
My brother, the bible says; he that has ears let him hear. I am not saying that you are deaf, because even the deaf have ears but the ears don't function. Please don't understand the bible upside down. Stop twisting the verses of the bible to aprove your claims. Those things are in the bible and i agree with you but did you read further on, didn't you see that jesus was eighter making a parable or he was teaching his deciples about certain topics as the case may be when he said those things?

3 Likes

Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by hopefulLandlord: 10:28pm On Oct 05, 2016
Boybrano:
My brother, the bible says; he that has ears let him hear. I am not saying that you are deaf, because even the deaf have ears but the ears don't function. Please don't understand the bible upside down. Stop twisting the verses of the bible to aprove your claims. Those things are in the bible and i agree with you but did you read further on, didn't you see that jesus was eighter making a parable or he was teaching his deciples about certain topics as the case may be when he said those things?

suddenly, it turns "parable" "allegory" "carnal mind can't understand"

but when it says something that's easy to follow it suddenly stops being an allegory

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by EyeHateGod: 11:43pm On Oct 05, 2016
Boybrano:

Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by EyeHateGod: 11:44pm On Oct 05, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

suddenly, it turns "parable" "allegory" "carnal mind can't understand"

but when it says something that's easy to follow it suddenly stops being an allegory
Lol can u imagine? parable ke parable ni it seams everything Jesus said in the NT na parable
Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by Yobo34(m): 11:45pm On Oct 05, 2016
Dont marry!:
- 1Co 7:27 Art thou bound unto a wife? seek not
to be loosed. Art thou loosed from a wife? seek
not a wife.

If u re married don't seek for a divorce, if u re divorced don't seek for a wife!! Look for pple who can put you through, not saying I can but common sense should tell you that.

2 Likes

Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by Nobody: 7:54am On Oct 06, 2016
Christians sef. See how most of their pastors have completely ignored all these verse. Lol. Go and tell a Nigerian pastor to give all his wealth to the poor and you'll see the kind of excuses he will bring forth.
Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by winner01(m): 9:21am On Oct 06, 2016
Boybrano:
Dont bother bruh, for how long undecided
Those of us that read the Bible get the message despite relentless efforts by those who want it to be wrong.
We love the bible, we love Jesus, and thats what matters.
Spend your time elsewhere instead.

1 Like

Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 06, 2016
winner01:
Those of us that read the Bible get the message despite relentless efforts by those who want it to be wrong.
You love Jesus but do you follow all his teachings?
Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by EyeHateGod: 9:30am On Oct 06, 2016
winner01:
HYPOCRITE

2 Likes

Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by winner01(m): 9:45am On Oct 06, 2016
Lennycool:

And because i may not, God does not exist undecided.

I dont really have the time, have a goodd day.
Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 06, 2016
winner01:
And because i may not, God does not exist undecided.

I dont really have the time, have a goodd day.
Nobody is talking about the existence of God, you believe in him and I don't. I don't believe in Jesus so I don't follow his teachings, you believe in Christ but still don't follow all his teachings. You only pick the ones you can follow, and ignore the rest.

1 Like

Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by Scholar8200(m): 4:13pm On Oct 06, 2016
EyeHateGod:
[size=20pt]Give away every thing u own:[/size]

- Luk 14:33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.
- Luk 18:22 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.
- Mat 19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go [and] sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come [and] follow me.
- Mar 10:21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.

spoken to a rich, young ruler who was not yet a disciple but apparently had problem with trust in properties.Does it apply to all Christians? YES. Is that on the same terms? NO. See:

Matthew 19:29
29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

TAKE CAREFUL NOTE OF THE WORD 'OR'. Meaning you must be willing to give up any of these as the need arises. Now here is where your post reeks of fallacy of hasty generalisation in that you speak as one who knows ALL christians all around the world inside out!

[size=20pt] Give anything You have to anyone Who ask: [/size]

- Mat 5:42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

Indeed, and you can only give what is yours; also balancing with the fact that you can only love your neighbour as yourself, not more than yourself. Neither is this a license to serve the covetousness or greed of others but only where a true need exists.

[size=20pt] Women - dont dress up, Fix ur hair or wear jewelry: [/size]

- 1Pe 3:3 Whose adorning let it not be that outward [adorning] of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;

The passage speaks of the need to avoid extravagance.

[size=20pt] Women should shut up while in church! this one is for my dear anas01 that loves arguing with me! [/size]

- 1Co 14:34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but [they are commanded] to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

Yes, but they are allowed to prophesy in the Church:
But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.
1 Corinth 11:5
This was written concerning public worship.

[size=20pt] Do not marry a divorced woman: [/size]

- Mat 5:32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

Correct! Now that some do it does not mean all approves of it. It is therefore mischievous to generalize.

[size=20pt] Dont marry!: [/size]

- 1Co 7:27 Art thou bound unto a wife? seek not to be loosed. Art thou loosed from a wife? seek not a wife.

Just a step further: But and if thou marry, thou hast not sinned; and if a virgin marry, she hath not sinned.1 Corinth 7:28a

[size=20pt] Cut off Your hands!: [/size]

- Mat 5:30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast [it] from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not [that] thy whole body should be cast into hell. grin anas01 na sharia law be this o! 4evergod1

[size=20pt] Gouge out your eyes!: [/size]

- Mat 5:29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast [it] from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not [that] thy whole body should be cast into hell.

It simply means to mortify. Just show us one report from the Gospels or the Early Church where this was misinterpreted and misapplied like you are advocating.

[size=20pt] Return runaway slaves: [/size]

- Phm 1:12 Whom I have sent again: thou therefore receive him, that is, mine own bowels:

?

[size=20pt] Never swear an oath: [/size]

- Mat 5:34 But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's Throne...winner01 u have a problem with this? u and jw?

Indeed. Have you heard of affirming to the truth instead of swearing at the court?

[size=20pt] Do not defend yourself: [/size]

- Mat 5:39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

This speaks of non-retaliation. Simple.

[size=20pt] Do not pray in public: [/size]

- Mat 6:5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites [are]: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, [size=18pt][b]that they may be seen of men
[/size]. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
- Mat 6:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
[/b]

you missed the whole point as per the highlighted. Hannah prayed in public minus that intention and she was answered.

[size=20pt] Dont plan for the future: [/size]

- Mat 6:34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day [is] the evil thereof.

[size=20pt] Dont wear Nice clothes!: [/size]

- Mat 6:28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin
- Mat 6:29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

Taking thought here speaks of worry and anxiety, not planning and preparing.

[size=20pt] The wealthy will be condemned!: [/size]

- Jam 5:1 Go to now, [ye] rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon [you].
- Jam 5:2 Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten.
- Jam 5:3 Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.
- Jam 5:4 Behold, the hire of the labourers who have reaped down your fields, which is of you kept back by fraud, crieth: and the cries of them which have reaped are entered into the ears of the Lord of sabaoth.
- Jam 5:5 Ye have lived in pleasure on the earth, and been wanton; ye have nourished your hearts, as in a day of slaughter.

That highlighted part is the source of their condemnation and not all wealthy men are guilty of that. Besides:

17 Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;

18 That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate;

1 Timothy 6:17,18

There were rich disciples too!

[size=20pt] Hate your Family: [/size]

- Luk 14:26 If any [man] come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

you dont understand this else why did Jesus go into the house of Peter and heal his mother-in-law? Or why would Jesus care for Mary's welfare while on the cross? A better understanding is what you get when He would not interrupt The Father's Work when they came. Love your family, but let your love for God be higher.

Christ like indeed. Abeg who still day buy that stupid lie??
Who? Millions all over the world!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by Amberon: 4:37pm On Oct 06, 2016
Lol... Christianity must be giving you sleepless nights.

Your God obsession is waxing stronger. I can only wish you speedy recovery.
EyeHateGod:

Lol can u imagine? parable ke parable ni it seams everything Jesus said in the NT na parable

1 Like

Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by Amberon: 4:40pm On Oct 06, 2016
How is that your business sire? Spread atheism if you're an atheist. I see you can't you can't do without christianity.
Lennycool:

1 Like

Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by Amberon: 4:45pm On Oct 06, 2016
grin grin Does it occur to you that you're obsessed with God? You don't believe in God but spend hours bashing him in the religious section. Why are you in the religious section?

If something doesn't exist, you don't talk about it. I don't believe unicorns exist so I don't talk about it and I definitely won't even converse with those that believe in it too. That's what normal people do.
Lennycool:

Nobody is talking about the existence of God, you believe in him and I don't. I don't believe in Jesus so I don't follow his teachings, you believe in Christ but still don't follow all his teachings. You only pick the ones you can follow, and ignore the rest.

2 Likes

Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by Scholar8200(m): 4:48pm On Oct 06, 2016
Amberon:

You know, atheism or misotheism is just a negative way of acknowledging the void within that only God can fill. They must fight anything that points to Him because ...they have no choice.

2 Likes

Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by EyeHateGod: 5:08pm On Oct 06, 2016
Scholar8200:
spoken to a rich, young ruler who was not yet a disciple but apparently had problem with trust in properties.Does it apply to all Christians? YES. Is that on the same terms? NO. See:

So they are Now Terms And Condition to Follow Jesus teachings? Doesn't that sound like Cherry picking to u and Personal view on Things?

29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

TAKE CAREFUL NOTE OF THE WORD 'OR'. Meaning you must be willing to give up any of these as the need arises. Now here is where your post reeks of fallacy of hasty generalisation in that you speak as one who knows ALL christians all around the world inside out!

Common Everyone knows that "Or" has noting to do with what u are implicating it to mean!

Can u gimme some examples of Christians u know that Comply to That?

Indeed, and you can only give what is yours; also balancing with the fact that you can only love your neighbour as yourself, not more than yourself. Neither is this a license to serve the covetousness or greed of others but only where a true need exists.

What would Jesus do? This post is About Christian Who claim to be Christ like But are Noting Near it If Jesus Balanced It as in Not Loving His Neighbors than he love himself He Wouldn't had Died for Anyone sins! like the Bible made u believe So what point are u trying to drive that they is a limit to be Christ like? or it's just Cherry pick again?

U mean like the Private Jet Pastors Fly? and mansions they live Or is that not Extravagant Enough?

But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.

But not in Church! So why do we See Female Pastors?

Correct! Now that some do it does not mean all approves of it. It is therefore mischievous to generalize.

Just a step further: But and if thou marry, thou hast not sinned; and if a virgin marry, she hath not sinned.1 Corinth 7:28a

It simply means to mortify. Just show us one report from the Gospels or the Early Church where this was misinterpreted and misapplied like you are advocating.

that verse Is kristal Clear Like Clean water! Mortify how?

Indeed. Have you heard of affirming to the truth instead of swearing at the court?

Does this Apply to Govt Official office

If i slap u will u turn the other cheek? How many Christian does that?

you missed the whole point as per the highlighted. Hannah prayed in public minus that intention and she was answered.

1Sa 1:12 And it came to pass, as she continued praying before the LORD, that Eli marked her mouth.
1Sa 1:13 Now Hannah, she spake in her heart; only her lips moved, but her voice was not heard: therefore Eli thought she had been drunken.

I wonder What point u are trying to make?

Taking thought here speaks of worry and anxiety, not planning and preparing.

Ok

That highlighted part is the source of their condemnation and not all wealthy men are guilty of that. Besides:

17 Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;

18 That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate;

Mention them

you dont understand this else why did Jesus go into the house of Peter and heal his mother-in-law? Or why would Jesus care for Mary's welfare while on the cross? A better understanding is what you get when He would not interrupt The Father's Work when they came. Love your family, but let your love for God be higher.

Millions all over the World Believe that Islam is a Religion of peace Does that make it True?

1 Like

Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by EyeHateGod: 5:09pm On Oct 06, 2016
Amberon:

What do they call this Tatic this days?
Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by EyeHateGod: 5:11pm On Oct 06, 2016
Amberon:
How is that your business sire? Spread atheism if you're an atheist. I see you can't you can't do without christianity.
They claim to be "Christ Like" No i need my Freedom From Religion!
Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by Amberon: 5:47pm On Oct 06, 2016
who is holdind you captive sire?

Seems more like you want to be in the " bondage" called religion cuz no one is forcing you to be on these threads.
EyeHateGod:

They claim to be "Christ Like" No i need my Freedom From Religion!

2 Likes

Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by Amberon: 5:50pm On Oct 06, 2016
You mean your disorder? Its called bipolar.
EyeHateGod:

2 Likes

Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by Scholar8200(m): 5:52pm On Oct 06, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Scholar8200:

EYE:
So they are Now Terms And Condition to Follow Jesus teachings? Doesn't that sound like Cherry picking to u and Personal view on Things?
Did Jesus say the same thing to the demoniac that was healed? Did HE not say go back to your family and hometown and testify? Yes, we have the Gospels, but they do not declare a dead Person! He is Alive! What He demands I give up for Him may not be applicable to the other person! For example, Peter forsook his house, but the demoniac (Mark 5:19) was asked to return to his!

Sch:

Eye:
Common Everyone knows that "Or" has noting to do with what u are implicating it to mean!
Everyone who? Or there differentiates it from AND. Implication? A disciple might be called upon to forsake OR the other for His sake! A may be asked to forsake what B is allowed to have.(strictly as it concerns the items outlined).

Can u gimme some examples of Christians u know that Comply to That?
Many! We have missionaries that forsake their lands and families just to serve Jesus in hazardous climes. Eg, Jim Elliot, William Carey, C.T. Studd (find time to read of this man), and millions of believers home and abroad some who give up well paying jobs and a comfortable life just to serve God. I dont know everybody hence I can only state the ones I have read about. Personally, I have had to give up great prospects of working in a multinational simply because their object clause is incompatible with the Gospel of Jesus which I believe etc.

Sch:

Eye:
What would Jesus do? This post is About Christian Who claim to be Christ like But are Noting Near it If Jesus Balanced It as in Not Loving His Neighbors than he love himself He Wouldn't had Died for Anyone sins! like the Bible made u believe So what point are u trying to drive that they is a limit to be Christ like? or it's just Cherry pick again?
I believe the answer is clear enough. Besides, you are NOT in the position to adjudicate here since you have NO knowledge of all Christians. That you were once like that or you know some that are like that is no grounds for this fallacious generalisation!

Sch:
Eye:
U mean like the Private Jet Pastors Fly? and mansions they live Or is that not Extravagant Enough?
There you go again. The passage speaks of dressing, shall we stay on that? Besides, not all Pastors fly a private jet hence here the fallacy of hasty generalisation mars your claims.

There have being myriads of excellent pastors who never flew a personal jet, what then?

Sch:

But not in Church! So why do we See Female Pastors?
Where is public worship conducted?

Sch:

Eye:
that verse Is kristal Clear Like Clean water! Mortify how?
This is why we say leave these things alone: Read the Epistles you will get the meaning of what Jesus said.

Sch:

Eye:
If i slap u will u turn the other cheek? How many Christian does that?
Did Jesus do that when the soldier struck Him? He is the best explanation for the sermon on the mount. Reading the statement in its context clarifies the need to avoid retaliation in all forms.

1Sa 1:12 And it came to pass, as she continued praying before the LORD, that Eli marked her mouth.
1Sa 1:13 Now Hannah, she spake in her heart; only her lips moved, but her voice was not heard: therefore Eli thought she had been drunken.
So you see, she prayed in public but not to be seen of men.

Mention them
Joseph of Arimathea Matthew 27:57, the other disciples mentioned in Luke 8:2-4

29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life

I am one of the millions and I know this to be true.

If you want to study the life of Christians let me recommend folks like Samuel Morris, Robert Murray McCheyne, etc The one a black man and the other white. I wont mention any contemporaries for obvious reasons. Oh, not forgetting Helen Ewan.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by PastorAIO: 5:58pm On Oct 06, 2016
EyeHateGod:

It's called going on the offensive. When you are being hurt and you have no defenses left then often the only recourse left is to go on the offensive. The hope is that you too will feel so much pain that you will want to stop inflicting pain on them.

Naturally that is the reason for the plethora of threads that are opened everyday saying 'Stupid Atheist this' and Stupid Atheist that', and 'why are athiests so slow', etc etc etc.

They wouldn't stoop so low if they could actually stand and defend their positions.

1 Like

Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by EyeHateGod: 5:59pm On Oct 06, 2016
Amberon:
You mean your disorder? Its called bipolar.

Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by EyeHateGod: 6:02pm On Oct 06, 2016
Amberon:
who is holdind you captive sire?

Why don't u try and where An atheist T-shirt For One Week After that We'll talk!

Seems more like you want to be in the " bondage" called religion cuz no one is forcing you to be on these threads.
This Is My Thread! so get the f**k out!

1 Like

Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by Amberon: 6:12pm On Oct 06, 2016
Atheism is not a religion so why is your thread in the religious section sir? You should get out cuz this is the religious section. This should be in the comic section.

What T-shirt? nigga you been smoking that blunt or nah?
EyeHateGod:

Why don't u try and where An atheist T-shirt For One Week After that We'll talk!

This Is My Thread! so get the f**k out!

1 Like

Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by EyeHateGod: 6:21pm On Oct 06, 2016
Amberon:
Atheism is not a religion so why is your thread in the religious section sir? You should get out cuz this is the religious section. This should be in the comic section.

Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by PastorAIO: 6:23pm On Oct 06, 2016
Amberon:

I thought Christianity was not a religion too. What was it again? A relationship with god, I believe.
Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by EyeHateGod: 6:51pm On Oct 06, 2016
Scholar8200:
Did Jesus say the same thing to the demoniac that was healed? Did HE not say go back to your family and hometown and testify? Yes, we have the Gospels, but they do not declare a dead Person! He is Alive! What He demands I give up for Him may not be applicable to the other person! For example, Peter forsook his house, but the demoniac (Mark 5:19) was asked to return to his!

Testify? do u know that they are two account of the gosple? one portraying Jesus As Being secretive of His Messianic mission and the Other like u just mentioned him being open about it?
Mar 1:44 And saith unto him, See thou say nothing to any man: but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer for thy cleansing those things which Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.
Mar 1:45 But he went out, and began to publish [it] much, and to blaze abroad the matter, insomuch that Jesus could no more openly enter into the city, but was without in desert places: and they came to him from every quarter.

2) Did the Demoniac wanted to be a deciple or followed of Jesus? like the Christians?

Everyone who? Or there differentiates it from AND. Implication? A disciple might be called upon to forsake OR the other for His sake! A may be asked to forsake what B is allowed to have.(strictly as it concerns the items outlined).

Are u still Kidding me?

Many! We have missionaries that forsake their lands and families just to serve Jesus in hazardous climes. Eg, Jim Elliot, William Carey, C.T. Studd (find time to read of this man), and millions of believers home and abroad some who give up well paying jobs and a comfortable life just to serve God. I dont know everybody hence I can only state the ones I have read about. Personally, I have had to give up great prospects of working in a multinational simply because their object clause is incompatible with the Gospel of Jesus which I believe etc.

No African man among them? Or are we not in Nigeria Again?

I believe the answer is clear enough. Besides, you are NOT in the position to adjudicate here since you have NO knowledge of all Christians. That you were once like that or you know some that are like that is no grounds for this fallacious generalisation!

Should i Use Most?

There you go again. The passage speaks of dressing, shall we stay on that? Besides, not all Pastors fly a private jet hence here the fallacy of hasty generalisation mars your claims.
K let's keep it to dressing! and also keep it to "most" Christians I do watch Tv n church shows N i know what i see!

There have being myriads of excellent pastors who never flew a personal jet, what then?

Mention them p. s Nigeria only! After that U would then desire if the rest are fake or Not!

1Co 11:5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with [her] head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.

Where is plubic worship mentioned here?

This is why we say leave these things alone: Read the Epistles you will get the meaning of what Jesus said.

Why don't U tell me?

Did Jesus do that when the soldier struck Him? He is the best explanation for the sermon on the mount. Reading the statement in its context clarifies the need to avoid retaliation in all forms.

i asked u A "Christian" a simple question if i slap will u turn the other cheek?

So men Don't Go to Church? huh So the Loud speakers Our Churches use in Nigeria to Disturb People Is What? The Ones that those Chosen members where doing acrobatic Display is what?

Joseph of Arimathea Matthew 27:57, the other disciples mentioned in Luke 8:2-4

If 4evergod3 Should answer this on another debate on another topic he is going to twist "Rich" to mean another thing

1 Like

Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by winner01(m): 7:09pm On Oct 06, 2016
Lennycool:

So what should i do about your frustrations?
Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by Scholar8200(m): 7:09pm On Oct 06, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Scholar8200:

Testify? do u know that they are two account of the gosple? one portraying Jesus As Being secretive of His Messianic mission and the Other like u just mentioned him being open about it?
Mar 1:44 And saith unto him, See thou say nothing to any man: but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer for thy cleansing those things which Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.
Mar 1:45 But he went out, and began to publish [it] much, and to blaze abroad the matter, insomuch that Jesus could no more openly enter into the city, but was without in desert places: and they came to him from every quarter.
Mark 1 is not the same thing as Mark 5 and the leprous man in Mark 1 is not the same as the demoniac in Mark 5. Besides, secretive and Jesus bid him to go testify??

2) Did the Demoniac wanted to be a deciple or followed of Jesus? like the Christians?
[size=18pt]And when he was come into the ship, he that had been possessed with the devil prayed him that he might be with him.

19 Howbeit Jesus suffered him not, but saith unto him, Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee.

20 And he departed, and began to publish in Decapolis how great things Jesus had done for him: and all men did marvel.

Mark 5:18-20
[/size]

There!That settles it.

Are u still Kidding me?
The records are there to verify from. Was the rich, young ruler commanded to do what the healed demoniac was asked to do?

Should i Use Most?
How many of the 'most' do you know inside out?

K let's keep it to dressing! and also keep it to "most" Christians I do watch Tv n church shows N i know what i see!
What is the % of that most to ALL?

Mention them p. s Nigeria only! After that U would then desire if the rest are fake or Not!

This is why I didnt mention any contemporary names in the previous reply. I am not here to praise or denigrate any pastor. God is the Judge.

1Co 11:5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with [her] head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.

Where is plubic worship mentioned here?
The chapters 11, 12 & 14 dealt with conduct of public worship. Go read them.

Why don't U tell me?
Because it is better you read them. Since you could select all those verses in the Op, then apply the same diligence here.

i asked u A "Christian" a simple question if i slap will u turn the other cheek?
I answered you as it concerns the meaning of the passage and its context QED.

So men Don't Go to Church? huh So the Loud speakers Our Churches use in Nigeria to Disturb People Is What? The Ones that those Chosen members where doing acrobatic Display is what?
??

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tb Joshua Sends Wise Man Harry To The Usa For A Revival Meeting / Win ₦90k For Believing In God. No Hanky-panky / Was Jesus An Extraterrestrial?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.