Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,746 members, 7,827,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns (75680 Views)

Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! / 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Shave Off Your Pubic Hair. / Sexually Active Nigerians Should Take HPV Vaccine- Expert Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 06, 2016
Thanks, It's quite informative.
Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by maxti: 1:05pm On Oct 06, 2016
Sermwell:
I disagree joor undecided that was how I was having sex the other day with bae and she hasn't shaved for a long time only for me to find a wound under my pen1s later! I strongly believe it was her busy hair that gave me that wound undecided

Sure, you are right. I beg, condomise
Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by Orikinla(m): 1:05pm On Oct 06, 2016
Please, OP kindly attach pictures to illustrate how to trim pubic hair.
I have not seen bushy public..oops..sorry pubic hair before.
Kk.
I mean to say fenks. grin
Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by PETUK(m): 1:07pm On Oct 06, 2016
adebrave1:

You need deliverance, with hot anointing oil grin grin grin

you need wisdom
Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by 41lady(m): 1:07pm On Oct 06, 2016
Mimidiva:
little bushy is sexy, but under must be shaved na, if not it can cause bruises jare
Yea... carpet grass is good for soccer, even FIFA said so.
Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by Monotheist(m): 1:08pm On Oct 06, 2016
sidebayo:
e yee farun obo.. awon esiipaati lo so bee... cheesy
WTF!!!
Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by Mimidiva(f): 1:09pm On Oct 06, 2016
41lady:

Yea... carpet grass is good for soccer, even FIFA said so.
grin
Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by abbey621(m): 1:10pm On Oct 06, 2016
Cutehector:
thanks sir, I really appreciate. I"d also like to ask one more question, is it proper to shave an over grown pubic hair or better to trim it first then shave?

By overgrown do you mean heavy as in going a long time without shaving? If this is what you mean then I'll advise trimming first and then waiting at least 48 hours before fully shaving. This is due to the fact that heavy hair causes a strain on most shavers or razors and this could lead to tugging causing hair to become trapped in the skin. By trimming first, you've reduced the strain but your skin is still sensitive so you need to wait for the tension to go down. This is normally between a day or two, if you don't want to wait then applying shaving lotions that is made with Aloe works perfectly.
Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by Cutehector(m): 1:17pm On Oct 06, 2016
abbey621:

By overgrown do you mean heavy as in going a long time without shaving? If this is what you mean then I'll advise trimming first and then waiting at least 48 hours before fully shaving. This is due to the fact that heavy hair causes a strain on most shavers or razors and this could lead to tugging causing hair to become trapped in the skin. By trimming first, you've reduced the strain but your skin is still sensitive so you need to wait for the tension to go down. This is normally between a day or two, if you don't want to wait then applying shaving lotions that is made with Aloe works perfectly.
thanks so much for this advice bro.. i'm grateful.

Which is better? to shave in the opposite direction (upwards) of the hair follicles?

Or to shave in the foward growth direction(downwards) of the hair follicle.

I decided to tag a pic along with it for a better understanding.

1 Share

Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by Orikinla(m): 1:21pm On Oct 06, 2016
[size=20pt]Pubic hair has a job to do – stop shaving and leave it alone | Emily Gibson | Opinion | The Guardian[/size]
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/aug/07/pubic-hair-has-job-stop-shaving

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by FreeWorld23: 1:32pm On Oct 06, 2016
sidebayo:
e yee farun obo.. awon esiipaati lo so bee... cheesy
lwkm
Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by Cherishing(f): 1:42pm On Oct 06, 2016
SerialGist:
Are you sure you are not crushing on him/his comment?
and if am crushing what's ya own
Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by professore(m): 1:46pm On Oct 06, 2016
This is educative
Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by Nobody: 1:50pm On Oct 06, 2016
"When you completely shave the pubic hair, it re-grows in a slanted fashion with the tip sometimes growing into the pubic skin, which can crack open the skin."

There are skin products that can be applied to the skin in the pubic region to counter what this doctor said (the highlighted part). IMO, keeping pubic hair is completely unhygienic. Pubic hair harbours germs, can bring about an unpleasant odour from the region.

No scientific explanation can make me keep pubic hair. Perceiving body odour from my partner's pubic region (or even armpit) is a huge turn-off for me. Hence, I detest the practice of leaving pubic hair unshaved.
Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by lizzy5: 2:03pm On Oct 06, 2016
there is freedom in shaving d thing away
Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by Toks2008(m): 2:07pm On Oct 06, 2016
Mimidiva:

No, a fine Arabian hair when low trimmed is so cute, but under must be shaved to avoid bruises during hot sex grin

I mean for a lady o, but guys I prefer it shaved

Which one be Arabian hair again? is it a type of weave-on?
Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by yorhmienerd(m): 2:15pm On Oct 06, 2016
Toks2008:

Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by bodmas3000(m): 2:23pm On Oct 06, 2016
Trimming the hair in the I pubic area is far better nice information .
Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by Stevengold(m): 2:25pm On Oct 06, 2016
TwoBottles:
A friend told me he once met a lady with "lice" in her pubic region due to excessive hair..

Na mad woman em meet? undecided
Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 06, 2016
Toks2008:

hahahaha
Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by Ginaz(f): 2:30pm On Oct 06, 2016
I concur, trimming the pubic hair every time is a no no. It causes irritation and hard boils down there. I only shave once in a month, my lady v is so fresh and no sign of roughness cos the skin is smooth.

Shave but don't over do it. At least let hairs grow first, for those shaving every week kilode?

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by Dshocker(m): 2:30pm On Oct 06, 2016
Mimidiva:
little bushy is sexy, but under must be shaved na, if not it can cause bruises jare

Give it trimming or low cut.Total lay off isn't good grin
Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by phenase(m): 2:31pm On Oct 06, 2016
Osmondinho:
Contrary to well acclaimed hygienic practice, a medical expert has warned of the dangers in completely shaving the pubic hair. Dr Arikawe Adeolu, an Abuja-based medical expert, advised that it is safer to trim the hair rather than shaving it off completely. He said that complete shaving of the hair could cause infection.

Adeolu told our correspondent on Tuesday that shaving or waxing of the hair around the pubic could cause cracks and expose the skin to bacterial infection.

He added that the pubic hair served a major purpose of providing some level of cushioning for the individual, especially during sexual activity, preventing the skin from rubbing against another and causing abrasion.

He explained that if the skin around the pubic region was completely shaved and the individual’s skin came into contact with another person’s skin, friction would be increased due to the skin to skin contact.

He advised that individuals who were worried about the lack of hygiene due to untended pubic hair should consider trimming rather than complete shaving or waxing of the hair.

“When you completely shave the pubic hair, it re-grows in a slanted fashion with the tip sometimes growing into the pubic skin, which can crack open the skin.

“It is usually a small crack which cannot be seen with the naked eyes but due to this crack and loss of integrity of the skin at that level, there is increased risk of getting infection.

“Complete shaving can also cause boil to develop in that region. This is because when you shave, you cause some level of abrasion in the area which opens up the skin.
“These small openings cannot be seen with the eye but they are big enough for the micro organisms to get into the body.

“Also, because the pubic area is always moist, this serves as breeding ground for organisms like bacteria.”
Adeolu said that trimming the pubic hair would also help to reduce the risk of contacting Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI), which could also be contacted when fluid from an infected partner’s Instruments came into contact with the pubic area.

According to him, if the partner is already infected, the virus in the semen or body fluid can easily penetrate the skin of the other to infect the individual.

He said that this infection was mostly caused by a virus known as ‘Molluscum contagiosum’, adding that there had been significant increase in incidences of such infection in hospitals.

“It is a viral infection that is also categorised as an STI. It affects the skin and does not need treatment; usually after a couple of weeks or months, the symptoms go away by themselves.

“You also have an increased risk of contacting other STIs such as HIV, Hepatitis, genital warts by complete shaving of the pubic hair,’’ Adeolu said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/must-stop-shaving-pubic-hair-expert-warns/

This your information is not approved by the WHO.
cool
Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by Mimidiva(f): 2:37pm On Oct 06, 2016
Toks2008:

hehehehe!, grin I mean not the type of harsh, fold hair, view how Arabian bears looks like 'sleepy/slippery', its so sexy grin
Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by earthbest(m): 2:44pm On Oct 06, 2016
na u sabi... who get ur health
soberdrunk:
Are we not suffereing enough in Nigeria already!!?? Now this doctor wants young men like me to choke on "hair" and spend extra money buying "toothpick" why! Why!?? Why!!??,,,,,,,,
Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by Hysmady(m): 2:50pm On Oct 06, 2016
I shave my rain forest twice in a year....But I prefer girls vj shaved
Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by Toks2008(m): 3:08pm On Oct 06, 2016
Mimidiva:

hehehehe!, grin I mean not the type of harsh, fold hair, view how Arabian bears looks like 'sleepy/slippery', its so sexy grin

Oh ok then..fear catch me.....your curves tho//
Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by bidexmat(m): 3:11pm On Oct 06, 2016
adebrave1:

You need deliverance, with hot anointing oil grin grin grin

hot ke? grin kuku bath am with hot groundnut oil!

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by abbey621(m): 3:14pm On Oct 06, 2016
Cutehector:
thanks so much for this advice bro.. i'm grateful.

Which is better? to shave in the opposite direction (upwards) of the hair follicles?

Or to shave in the foward growth direction(downwards) of the hair follicle.

I decided to tag a pic along with it for a better understanding.

Always shave in the direction of the growth, this reduces the chance of ingrown hair.
Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by Rozaystunna(m): 3:25pm On Oct 06, 2016
You're crazy you want me to look like a forest while fucking angry
Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by lookingfly: 3:28pm On Oct 06, 2016
musulumi:
How will someone now suck......for us who take great delights in mouth actions. ??
guy my two hands in the air fit you...... That thing na him you de stuck lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by Mariojane(f): 3:28pm On Oct 06, 2016
TwoBottles:
A friend told me he once met a lady with "lice" in her pubic region due to excessive hair..

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy that is a big lie jor. what was he searching for there for him to see lice in her pubic hair? if you say it gives unpleasant odour i may believe you by 20% hmmmmmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Aba-made Face Masks: Here's My Reaction / South African Woman Whose Bum Keeps Getting Bigger Believes She’s Cursed (Photos / Help Out Oral Infection Graphic Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.