Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,695 members, 7,809,622 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

Promotion And Revitalization Of The Igbo Language... - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Promotion And Revitalization Of The Igbo Language... (1172 Views)

Is Igbo Language A Dying Language? / Top 5 Places That Tell The History And Reveal The Culture Of The Igbo. / Igbo Language Teaching Centres In Ile-Ife, Osun State Launched (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Promotion And Revitalization Of The Igbo Language... by myklangelo(m): 8:35am On Oct 06, 2016
Subsequently I will start posting different articles, stories, etc exclusively in the Igbo language. I am on a project, which simply is to make the reading and the writing of the Igbo language interesting and a great option to be chosen amongst her people.

I will write on any topic, issue and field under the sun exclusively in the Igbo language to showcase the ozuzuoke of the Igbo language. I aim to create more champions of our African indigenous languages.

My project has no political undertone, rather socio-cultural and linguistic endeavour.

I pray the mods will stop banning me up and down as if it gives them a sort of animalistic joy. My concern is just the LANGUAGE, Igbo.

God bless and have a favourable day to you all. Thanks all.

cc. Seun

www.odeniigbo.com

Re: Promotion And Revitalization Of The Igbo Language... by ChinenyeN(m): 10:52am On Oct 07, 2016
Mods aren't the ones banning you. An NL bot is what does the banning. As for these articles, stories, etc., will they also be posted here or exclusively on that site? Looking over the site now, it is exactly the same concept as IgboRadio.com.

Igbo Radio already has a platform and a known (relatively) branding. The problem is that the site is not maintained/updated with new content frequently. That is the biggest issue with this type of venture. Igbo Radio tried though. They truly did, but consistently providing new content requires a dedicated team.

Good initiative. If you can pick up the ball from where Igbo Radio dropped it, then excellent.

1 Like

Re: Promotion And Revitalization Of The Igbo Language... by myklangelo(m): 8:44am On Oct 09, 2016
ChinenyeN:
Mods aren't the ones banning you. An NL bot is what does the banning. As for these articles, stories, etc., will they also be posted here or exclusively on that site? Looking over the site now, it is exactly the same concept as IgboRadio.com.

Igbo Radio already has a platform and a known (relatively) branding. The problem is that the site is not maintained/updated with new content frequently. That is the biggest issue with this type of venture. Igbo Radio tried though. They truly did, but consistently providing new content requires a dedicated team.

Good initiative. If you can pick up the ball from where Igbo Radio dropped it, then excellent.

Welcome, just went visited the site. It was a nice endeavour, although did not pop out when I researched to know of any website that solely writes in the Igbo language. I pray more websites like that pop out. Am not picking the ball from anywhere, am creating my own ball.
The problem with this my kind of work is consistency, I hope to cross the tide, and build a legacy with the Igbo language.
Am still building my team, but it is hard to get, especially at this stage, but it is a foreseen circumstances.
Let them code the NL bot to be more intelligent if it is it that hands out the senseless banning.

I will be putting some of my write-ups here, that is copying from my website and pasting here. No click-baiting. Just to give more people opportunity to read in our language and also to help us start writing in the language. A language without writing and reading culture is inching to her grave.
Thanks once more.

1 Like

Re: Promotion And Revitalization Of The Igbo Language... by ChinenyeN(m): 6:48pm On Oct 09, 2016
I see. Well, then I look forward to seeing what you and your team accomplish.

3 Likes

Re: Promotion And Revitalization Of The Igbo Language... by myklangelo(m): 8:09pm On Oct 09, 2016
ChinenyeN:
I see. Well, then I look forward to seeing what you and your team accomplish.

Seems you are a linguist, from your posts I read. Good.

Wouldn't be bad to get to know you. Am open to suggestions.
Re: Promotion And Revitalization Of The Igbo Language... by ChinenyeN(m): 6:14pm On Oct 12, 2016
I would not call myself a linguist, but I do have a bit of an interest in that field. If you ever want to inquire about anything from me, feel free. I don't mind being of assistance if I am available.

1 Like

Re: Promotion And Revitalization Of The Igbo Language... by Pharaoh9(m): 10:31am On Aug 04, 2017
myklangelo:
Subsequently I will start posting different articles, stories, etc exclusively in the Igbo language. I am on a project, which simply is to make the reading and the writing of the Igbo language interesting and a great option to be chosen amongst her people.

I will write on any topic, issue and field under the sun exclusively in the Igbo language to showcase the ozuzuoke of the Igbo language. I aim to create more champions of our African indigenous languages.

My project has no political undertone, rather socio-cultural and linguistic endeavour.

I pray the mods will stop banning me up and down as if it gives them a sort of animalistic joy. My concern is just the LANGUAGE, Igbo.

God bless and have a favourable day to you all. Thanks all.

cc. Seun

www.odeniigbo.com

What about the Nsibidi character, why can't we develope them to modern stuff

(1) (Reply)

Who Has The Best Username On Nairaland / PHOTOS: Oba Dr. Adedapo Adewale Tejuosho Marks 28th Coronation Anniversary In St / Digiflavor Aura BF RDA + Geekvape Aegis Mod

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.