Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,449 members, 7,846,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:26 AM

Unquantifiable Frustration At Work Place!!! Someone Please Help Me - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Unquantifiable Frustration At Work Place!!! Someone Please Help Me (1095 Views)

Introverts, The Job Search & Getting Ahead at The Work Place: My Experience. / God Keeps Elevating Me In My Work Place (photos) / The Height Of Frustration In Job Hunting In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unquantifiable Frustration At Work Place!!! Someone Please Help Me by jolseluv: 10:18am On Oct 06, 2016
I am a graduate of FRENCH from OOU, i worked in a private school in Ibadan, the pay i collect us so low but i keep hold of the job since 2013 because i cant get any better offer in spite of countless job vacancies i applied for...The principal(a lady) of the school is nothing but a devil and a frustration,the proprietor of the school has given her so much power that she threaten anyone at a slight clash with her..am the kind of person who cant fold my hands and watch things go wrong.she does lots of things that would bring down the school and each time you give her an advice or suggestion she would turn down the suggestion, she so much believe in her silly ways and acts..now am very tired of the job because the insults and embarrassment i get from her on a daily basis is enough to make one commit suicide..she talks so rudely and shouts uncontrollably. she would never take her fault. instead she would complicate a slight argument which only 'i am sorry' from her will solve. Though proprietor has charged us all to watch over the school collectively and call the principal to order if she is going the wrong way, all these was what i was trying to do that make the school a hell fro me now.The proprietor is keeping calm even when i report the principal to him..Each day i step into the school am always robbed of my happiness..Am fed up of the job at the moment and am planning to tender my resignation letter..Can anyone please help me out with a better job.Thanks
Re: Unquantifiable Frustration At Work Place!!! Someone Please Help Me by jolseluv: 2:34pm On Oct 06, 2016
i need help please
Re: Unquantifiable Frustration At Work Place!!! Someone Please Help Me by 234GT(m): 2:53pm On Oct 06, 2016
The best thing is to ignore her, do your very best where you have control of, and hope to get another jon soon. You need to avoid her son you can be happy.
She is obviously the miss-know-all type of boss.

1 Like

Re: Unquantifiable Frustration At Work Place!!! Someone Please Help Me by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 06, 2016
My dear, I'm sure you are aware of Nigeria's current dwindling economy!
There are no jobs any where! Even the little jobs are for connected people, and some are just by God's grace.

I'll advice you to ignore her, continue your job and do it conscientiously with all your heart. Always mind your business. She is still the boss and she has power to fire you. Respect her and don't try to show her that you are wiser and more intelligent! Just face your job.
If need be: try to appreciate her, praise her, make her happy, talk good things about her even behind her with other colleagues. Some call it eye service, I call it office politics! If you can't play it, just do the former!

The proprietor that gave you power, has ignored you......why? Maybe because he feels that the principal is capable of managing his school well and does not want her pissed. He doesn't care about you!

Lastly, you said you've been working there since 2013. You should try to save up and gather enough teaching and management experience, then plan on starting small on your own, maybe kindergarten or nursery school.

Get a small place(maybe a room or two to start with) register the name of your school and put all your heart and strength to it. Never despise little beginnings!

Always thank God for what you have..........some people find it hard to eat..........some are even eyeing that your little position! Guard it hardddd! Complain less.....thank God more!!

It is well with your soul!

#My 10kobo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unquantifiable Frustration At Work Place!!! Someone Please Help Me by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 06, 2016
My bro, don't leave your job . see they principal as a devil that needs repentance, I mean pity her. I left my job just like your case yet have got nothing yet until today that I went for an interview. hopefully they call me. pls joblessness can run you mad
Re: Unquantifiable Frustration At Work Place!!! Someone Please Help Me by lalasticlala(m): 5:05pm On Oct 06, 2016
Why not face your job, do what you were hired for and stop pokenosing into the affairs of the admin? If they want to run the schl down na them sabi. The proprietor wants you people to gossip to him about what the admin does, yet does nothing about it when reported. Creating unnecessary enmity. An institution where gossips thrive, he said this, I said this, they said this... Such a place is a time bomb, waiting to explode.

Just face ur work, and leave the admin as I earlier said, while still making serious efforts in looking for a better job or a better school.

1 Like

Re: Unquantifiable Frustration At Work Place!!! Someone Please Help Me by menix(m): 6:14pm On Oct 06, 2016
Ur happiness is in ur hand..
U ve reported to the proprietor, yet nothing...
Then wear ur i dont care apparel to work, if the school is folding ooo, the principal is liquidating the school ooo, just keep ur nose out of the their business as long as u get paid at the end of the month..

U said u re the type of person that cant fold ur hands while things spoil, if u re that type then u should also welcome frustrations/beef from people because not minding ur business is getting on their nerves... Nah person wey go put leg for river, water they see carry...

1 Like

Re: Unquantifiable Frustration At Work Place!!! Someone Please Help Me by Richy4(m): 10:39pm On Oct 06, 2016
Maybe, the problem was the fact that you were asked to run the school jointly like a family and you feel she was domineering.... and edged u guys out

I suggest you reprogramme your mind and start acting as a staff, Go to school, do your job and get out.... Do not advise her any more, during staff meeting just keep mute.... How do you think others were surviving in that place without loosing it, just do same and keep applying for other better prospects ...
Re: Unquantifiable Frustration At Work Place!!! Someone Please Help Me by jolseluv: 10:55pm On Oct 06, 2016
Thank you all...i found all your advice valuable and useful...am very grateful

(1) (Reply)

Massive Vacancies For Hotel In Eleme / Please Help A Brother If This Coy Is Real / Employment Opportunities Alert!!! Sedmac

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.