Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

nairaland - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / nairaland (1055 Views)

Is Holy Ghost Fire Prayer Biblical? / Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? / Man Mocks Angry Pastor In Paris As He Was Shouting "Holy Ghost Fire" (pic,video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

nairaland by DrinkWater10: 12:56pm On Oct 06, 2016
Nairaland
Re: nairaland by DrinkWater10: 4:22pm On Oct 06, 2016
Anyone?
Re: nairaland by Amberon: 4:30pm On Oct 06, 2016
Yes!
Re: nairaland by mayorall(m): 8:38pm On Oct 06, 2016
DrinkWater10:
Genuinely curious.
Was just reflecting on the Pentecost and this question came up.

Yes. Last April. I was praying alone with my pastor. Only both of us. The hospital Nurse opposite the church had to call the Doctor that church is burning that he should call the church pastor around 2am. We heard all this the next day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: nairaland by DrinkWater10: 9:04pm On Oct 06, 2016
mayorall:

Yes. Last April. I was praying alone with my pastor. Only both of us. The hospital Nurse opposite the church had to call the Doctor that church is burning that he should call the church pastor around 2am. We heard all this the next day.
i
Thanks for the response, but you must understand that the kind of fire stated in the Bible is quite different is of more significance than that which was witnessed in the hospital. For all we know the fire outbreak could have been as a result of an electrical fault etc.
Mr Mayorall shey dat your office at Oshota/Aderupopo still dey open?
Re: nairaland by mayorall(m): 1:58am On Oct 07, 2016
DrinkWater10:
i
Thanks for the response, but you must understand that the kind of fire stated in the Bible is quite different is of more significance than that which was witnessed in the hospital. For all we know the fire outbreak could have been as a result of an electrical fault etc.

We were in that venue praying. Outsiders saw manifestation of the fire, while we, had result.

3 Likes

Re: nairaland by Niflheim(m): 5:04pm On Oct 08, 2016
Yes, I have seen the holy ghost fire before, it was in a Nicolas Cage movie, titled "Ghost Rider!!!"

1 Like

Re: nairaland by hemartins(m): 10:47pm On Oct 08, 2016
We must point out that the incident in Acts 2: 1-41 in which the 12 apostles spoke in tongues in fulfillment of the Lord’s promise cannot be used to justify holy ghost fire prayers. In the first place what happened on that day was that the apostles spoke various languages other than their own Galilean tongue.
one could see that the tongues spoken by the apostles were known languages which were understood by the people who had converged at Jerusalem for the Pentecost. The apostles did not behave in a wild manner. They were preaching, not praying. What obtains these days however is that the congregation keep shouting sometimes for hours on end, uttering unintelligible sounds (which they call speaking in tongues) – all in the name of prayers. This is of course the direct opposite of what happened on the day of Pentecost.

Another place cited by those who believe and teach the doctrine of holy ghost fire is Matthew 3:11. In the text John the Baptist, speaking of Jesus Christ stated: “I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire” It should be noted that this text does not say one should pray for fire to destroy one’s enemies. The statement of John the Baptist meant that the mission of Christ was of a far higher order than his. After Christ had been baptized with water by John the Baptist, the holy spirit alighted on him in the form of a dove. (Matthew 3:16-17) Thereafter he promised the apostles the gift of the holy spirit (or the spirit of anointing) which fulfilled on the day of Pentecost when the spirit descended on them in the form of cloven tongues of fire. (Luke 24:47-49; Acts 1:3-8; Acts 2:1-41) This was the baptism with the holy spirit spoken of by John the Baptist.
For the fact that the holy spirit helps, strengthens and teaches the servants of God to withstand the fiery trials that come their way at the instance of the devil, it is called the Comforter or the Teaching Spirit (John 14:26; John 15:26; 1 John 2:27) The holy spirit is meant to help, not to destroy people.- Romans 8:26.
Re: nairaland by EMMYLBANKS(m): 12:38am On Oct 09, 2016
yes...try be a witch or wizard and ur curiosity will be of the past
Re: nairaland by Amberon: 3:00am On Oct 09, 2016
Try to read his comment again. Hopefully you will understand it better.
DrinkWater10:
i
Re: nairaland by otemanuduno: 4:50am On Oct 09, 2016
mayorall:

And after that what achievement did it make? Lying for Eusebius undecided
Re: nairaland by CAPSLOCKED: 8:58am On Oct 09, 2016
mayorall:

ME SELF, I'M USING THE HOLYGHOST FIRE TO COOK MA SUNDAY JOLLOF RICE RIGHT NOW... grin
Re: nairaland by Alhajipablo(m): 9:16am On Oct 09, 2016
Fayaaaaa
Mayorall I no know say U be pastor o
Na me ur Mcb guy for sch
Me self don experience holygost fire before;na him ah dey take cook diz beans
Re: nairaland by ojimbo(m): 9:34am On Oct 09, 2016
Android phones can be so annoying. How do I explain it? I just received a notification that my Bible App needs update. Please what does the Bible need update for? Has Adam eaten another apple

(1) (Reply)

I Am Confuse. There Are Many Religion, Which One Is The Way To God! / Modern Faith Versus Faith Of Old 1 / One Church House Fellowship Is Currently Making Noise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.