Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,337 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Why Nigeria Doesnt Need More Payment Gateways But Gateways That Pay - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why Nigeria Doesnt Need More Payment Gateways But Gateways That Pay (529 Views)

Who Is In Need Of An Ecommerce Store With Payment Gateways And Shopping Bag? / Online Payment Gateways / Why Nigeria’s Federal Government Should Begin Selling Ads On Npower.gov.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigeria Doesnt Need More Payment Gateways But Gateways That Pay by ehigie50(m): 3:00pm On Oct 06, 2016
Every month there is a new payment gateway launching or already in beta. And everyday i ask myself 'why is that? Is it because of Nigeria's population or the increasing amount of entrepreneurs in Nigeria rising everyday.

Yes Nigeria is the most populous country in Africa and second if not the first country with the highest number of internet users in Africa.
These facts are so great and enough for even me to launch a payment gateway like yesterday.

But one major problem that we ignore and has been right in-front of us for like 3yrs is that paypal doesn't pay Nigerians(Am still wondering why).
The truth is that there are alot of people that are in need of a bridge between paypal and their local bank account.

Think about the market - Blogger is the 13th site in Nigeria now think about the amount of bloggers not to talk of the other half on wordpress. its pretty safe to say that there are over 1m bloggers in nigeria.
And alot of bloggers make money through advertisment, affiliate and freelance companies that pay through paypal.

Last month when i launched my startup/tech news aggregator www.nxtrated.com (pls check it out) i was just doing research on how to receive money through paypal, but unfortunately it was not possible unless you use a pioneer card which will get to you within 60 days from America or ILLEGAL method :wink:

finally in a nutshell all am saying is we need a payment gateway that can bridge the gap between paypal and Nigeria. trust me the company will sell big.

Re: Why Nigeria Doesnt Need More Payment Gateways But Gateways That Pay by Julius2214(m): 4:26pm On Oct 06, 2016
You made a lot of sense. But it seems nobody is thinking in that direction.
Re: Why Nigeria Doesnt Need More Payment Gateways But Gateways That Pay by Brightgem(f): 5:14pm On Oct 06, 2016
There is a petition ongoing now for Nigerians to recieve payments through paypal, let everyone go sign it and tell their people. I am not sure I quite get what you mean by gateway...?
Re: Why Nigeria Doesnt Need More Payment Gateways But Gateways That Pay by NOTGOINGDOWN(m): 7:40pm On Oct 06, 2016
Brightgem:
There is a petition ongoing now for Nigerians to recieve payments through paypal, let everyone go sign it and tell their people. I am not sure I quite get what you mean by gateway...?
let's have the link to the petition
Re: Why Nigeria Doesnt Need More Payment Gateways But Gateways That Pay by Brightgem(f): 9:20pm On Oct 06, 2016
NOTGOINGDOWN:
let's have the link to the petition

https://www.change.org/p/paypal-let-nigerians- receive-funds-with-paypal
Re: Why Nigeria Doesnt Need More Payment Gateways But Gateways That Pay by domainbartender: 10:47pm On Oct 06, 2016
Not just Nigeria, but the entire globe! Pretty please.
Re: Why Nigeria Doesnt Need More Payment Gateways But Gateways That Pay by NOTGOINGDOWN(m): 10:29pm On Oct 07, 2016
Brightgem:

https://www.change.org/p/paypal-let-nigerians- receive-funds-with-paypal
tanx, I've signed it

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Get This Website + Facebook Group Of 5k Members / I Need An Article Writer Based In Abeokuta For My Blogs / If Satan Were A Website Designer, This Is How You Will Enter Your Phone Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.