Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,121 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:12 PM

Dhtmlframework Is Going Open-Source! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Dhtmlframework Is Going Open-Source! (1732 Views)

. / My New C# Open Source App Prevents Laptop Background Data Consumption On Windows / Cleandesktop Full Version Open Source Released (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dhtmlframework Is Going Open-Source! by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 06, 2016
I started this framework 2009 here - https://www.nairaland.com/283559/dhtml-framework-evolution
It was completed then and has been used in so many projects that I have lost count, different versions, different builds, even the current Nairaland.com is based on that framework.
I have now decided to make it open-source, I am running some tests at the moment. It is the documentation that bothers me, but I shall do it slowly.
It is actually a content-management framework rather similar to drupal. However, in the last build, I decided to migrate the framework into codigniter - this lead to restructuring of the framework a bit - but it is all for the better.

Why migrating to codigniter and not laravel - well, laravel would have been excellent but it is an overkill because the framework already has all it needs to work. And codigniter has a smaller foot-print, this was my reason.

2 Likes

Re: Dhtmlframework Is Going Open-Source! by CALEB65(m): 10:02pm On Oct 06, 2016
waiting......
Re: Dhtmlframework Is Going Open-Source! by Nobody: 10:07pm On Oct 06, 2016
But wait, I am stripping the code down to as minimal as possible - so that it will be easy for people to contribute.
So who are the volunteers willing to contribute to this? Or i should just go and create a secret github to put the thing ni?
Re: Dhtmlframework Is Going Open-Source! by toheebDOTcom(m): 3:21am On Oct 07, 2016
Open source, Shey? No need for the 'secret' repo.
If it's in interest of any developer, sure, contributions will come forth.

Could you prep us with what makes it different to other frameworks? I can't wrap my head around that from the threads you've already talked about it. grin
Re: Dhtmlframework Is Going Open-Source! by ZUBY77(m): 5:54am On Oct 07, 2016
Great mind. I remember when you started.
I guess you need to give it a custom name.
Re: Dhtmlframework Is Going Open-Source! by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 07, 2016
ZUBY77:
toheebDOTcom:
Open source, Shey? No need for the 'secret' repo.
If it's in interest of any developer, sure, contributions will come forth.
Could you prep us with what makes it different to other frameworks? I can't wrap my head around that from the threads you've already talked about it. grin
Na joke i dey joke o

ZUBY77:
Thank you very much, I have actually renamed it - i only used this name so that some people can remember what it was.
Facebook has not always been called Facebook from the start.

oya, lets start from the name - that is the first thing we need to address,
so suggestions people?

Right now, I am trying to clean-up the code a bit, and try to make it as simple as possible.
Re: Dhtmlframework Is Going Open-Source! by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 07, 2016
Name... I'd suggest:

TrollFramework...

1 Like

Re: Dhtmlframework Is Going Open-Source! by talk2hb1(m): 11:09am On Oct 07, 2016
I developed a lite MVC php framework that follows the codeigniter concept but abandoned it midway I called it codelite you could call it Qodelite
Re: Dhtmlframework Is Going Open-Source! by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 07, 2016
Why did you abandon your framework?

So we have 2 entries at the moment:

1. Qodelite
2. TrollFramework

More options please
Re: Dhtmlframework Is Going Open-Source! by talk2hb1(m): 2:30pm On Oct 07, 2016
dhtml18:
Why did you abandon your framework?

So we have 2 entries at the moment:

1. Qodelite
2. TrollFramework

More options please
It was suppose to be a light framework like C language, that will allow you to extend it buy writing libraries to perform anything you want with with it (i.e add any library like security, form, database, etc to it ) you can extend it what you wanted without compromising the core of the system.
Considering support time, debugging, etc she was lying sleeping on my system, even tried forking it to github cry
The rest na story! story!! or na Tales by MOONLIGHT
Re: Dhtmlframework Is Going Open-Source! by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 07, 2016
talk2hb1:

It was suppose to be a light framework like C language, that will allow you to extend it buy writing libraries to perform anything you want with with it (i.e add any library like security, form, database, etc to it ) you can extend it what you wanted without compromising the core of the system.
Considering support time, debugging, etc she was lying sleeping on my system, even tried forking it to github cry
The rest na story! story!! or na Tales by MOONLIGHT
This is the reason I have not released my library online. The support is my biggest problem, if i use it alone, it is easier to support it - but if others use it and I am the only one supporting it - then, I will have to shut-it-down - from the world that is.

I am almost changing my mind sef.
Re: Dhtmlframework Is Going Open-Source! by talk2hb1(m): 4:16pm On Oct 07, 2016
dhtml18:

This is the reason I have not released my library online. The support is my biggest problem, if i use it alone, it is easier to support it - but if others use it and I am the only one supporting it - then, I will have to shut-it-down - from the world that is.

I am almost changing my mind sef.
Since its going public then go ahead, users will find a need to support it wink
Re: Dhtmlframework Is Going Open-Source! by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 07, 2016
Easier said than done.
Re: Dhtmlframework Is Going Open-Source! by talk2hb1(m): 7:12pm On Oct 07, 2016
Just a leap of faith wink
It might become your full time job who knows, I witness the launch of an open source school system back in 2012, , though it wasn't easy but the firm makes decent revenue from it.
Re: Dhtmlframework Is Going Open-Source! by Nobody: 7:46am On Oct 11, 2016
This is the kind of reason my framework will stay offline.
Re: Dhtmlframework Is Going Open-Source! by talk2hb1(m): 12:39pm On Oct 11, 2016
dhtml18:
This is the kind of reason my framework will stay offline.
Offline cry cry
Re: Dhtmlframework Is Going Open-Source! by Nobody: 3:08pm On Oct 11, 2016
Yeah, people are just waiting to grab my codes, and not willing to contribute. I have been maintaining it for many years, i shall continue so.
http://127.0.0.1/dhtmlframework - gbam.
Re: Dhtmlframework Is Going Open-Source! by directonpc(m): 5:59pm On Oct 11, 2016
dhtml18:
Yeah, people are just waiting to grab my codes, and not willing to contribute. I have been maintaining it for many years, i shall continue so.
127.0.0.1 Chai this guy is crazy.
Re: Dhtmlframework Is Going Open-Source! by beatsbyj2g(m): 6:04pm On Oct 11, 2016
dhtml18:

Baba this is localhost na...
Re: Dhtmlframework Is Going Open-Source! by Nobody: 6:30pm On Oct 11, 2016
e be like say people no ready to contribute ni o. maybe i should just delete the code.
Re: Dhtmlframework Is Going Open-Source! by talk2hb1(m): 10:37pm On Oct 11, 2016
dhtml18:
e be like say people no ready to contribute ni o. maybe i should just delete the code.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
cry cry cry cry cry cry

(1) (Reply)

Page, Brin, Zuckerberg, Gates, Jobs: Who's More Technically Competent? / This is the best email marketing software in 2022 / I Need This Type Of Basic App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.