Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,092 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

Did Muhammad Truly Split The Moon? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Muhammad Truly Split The Moon? (3642 Views)

Primate Ayodele: "Nigeria Will Split In 2035" / The Solar Eclipse, The Blood Moon, This Generation, And The Coming Of Christ / How The Did Prophet Muhammad Split The Moon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Muhammad Truly Split The Moon? by truthmans2012: 9:43am On Oct 07, 2016
The Qur'an and Hadith claim that the moon was miraculously split into two pieces and then, presumably, put back together again. There is absolutely no scientific evidence whatsoever that the moon has ever been split into two. Since the moon is visible to half the planet at any given time, we should expect to see numerous accounts from different parts of the world attesting to this event if it actually happened. The Romans, Greeks, Egyptians, Persians, Chinese and Indians had avid astronomers who should have seen this event and recorded it in their histories. The absence of historical record from other civilizations, contemporary to Muhammad, is a strong indication that this event never happened.

4 Likes

Re: Did Muhammad Truly Split The Moon? by SUPERPACK: 9:45am On Oct 07, 2016
did u believe that the sun stood still during the time of joshua.
Joshua 10:13
So the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, till the nation avenged itself on its enemies, as it is written in the Book of Jashar. The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Muhammad Truly Split The Moon? by truthmans2012: 9:53am On Oct 07, 2016
SUPERPACK:
did u believe that the sun stood still during the time of joshua.
Joshua 10:13
So the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, till the nation avenged itself on its enemies, as it is written in the Book of Jashar. The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day.

Joshua caused eclipse of the sun and we can see that happening till today.
Re: Did Muhammad Truly Split The Moon? by Talasuma(m): 9:59am On Oct 07, 2016
If you put too much mind for religion matter, na confirm free madness. Wey go pass Terry G own.
Cus some records in both Holy Books is incomplete.

For example, during the time of Adam, he had two sons, Cain and Abel, where did Cain's wife come from? Cus it wasn't recorded that she was created or born.
Re: Did Muhammad Truly Split The Moon? by truthmans2012: 10:21am On Oct 07, 2016
Talasuma:
If you put too much mind for religion matter, na confirm free madness. Wey go pass Terry G own.

For example, during the time of Adam, he had two sons, Cain and Abel, where did Cain's wife come from? Cus it wasn't recorded that she was created or born.

That is another topic, not related to this .
Re: Did Muhammad Truly Split The Moon? by SUPERPACK: 10:23am On Oct 07, 2016
truthmans2012:

No that is nt eclipse, eclipse of the sun does nt last for a full day, it has never happened in history.

1 Like

Re: Did Muhammad Truly Split The Moon? by 4everGod1: 10:26am On Oct 07, 2016
SUPERPACK:
No that is nt eclipse, eclipse of the sun does nt last for a full day, it has never happened in history.

I already tackled this on another thread convincingly its a phenomenon known as THE MIDNIGHT SUN and that is when you have 24hrs of daylight...science claims it wasn't so before...Something caused it.

I suggest you read up.
Re: Did Muhammad Truly Split The Moon? by truthmans2012: 10:41am On Oct 07, 2016
SUPERPACK:

I noticed you couldn't refute the OP but dodging by answering a question with another question.

That we see eclipse happening in our days is a proof that it occurred in the time of Joshua. The number of hours it lasted is immaterial. But there is noway moon could be split without affecting other parts of the world, and there would be record for it.

Read more about eclipse here :

http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/physics/128-our-solar-system/the-sun/solar-eclipses/778-how-long-does-a-solar-eclipse-last-beginner
Re: Did Muhammad Truly Split The Moon? by Anas09: 10:43am On Oct 07, 2016
truthmans2012:
The Qur'an and Hadith claim that the moon was miraculously split into two pieces and then, presumably, put back together again. There is absolutely no scientific evidence whatsoever that the moon has ever been split into two. Since the moon is visible to half the planet at any given time, we should expect to see numerous accounts from different parts of the world attesting to this event if it actually happened. The Romans, Greeks, Egyptians, Persians, Chinese and Indians had avid astronomers who should have seen this event and recorded it in their histories. The absence of historical record from other civilizations, contemporary to Muhammad, is a strong indication that this event never happened.
But of course he did split the moon, that is why Islam has half of the splitted moon as its symbol.
Re: Did Muhammad Truly Split The Moon? by Anas09: 10:47am On Oct 07, 2016
Talasuma:

Open a thread and mention me, we shall deal with that. For now, FOCUS or you a ban for derailment.
Re: Did Muhammad Truly Split The Moon? by hopefulLandlord: 11:00am On Oct 07, 2016
truthmans2012:

this gets more ridiculous

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Muhammad Truly Split The Moon? by hahn(m): 11:05am On Oct 07, 2016
truthmans2012:

That is another topic, not related to this .

Winner01 grin grin

Like you would answer this question if it was presented on another thread undecided

This "splitting of the moon" theory is as useless as

truthmans2012:

undecided

2 Likes

Re: Did Muhammad Truly Split The Moon? by SUPERPACK: 11:09am On Oct 07, 2016
truthmans2012:

I noticed you couldn't refute the OP but dodging by answering a question with another question.

That we see eclipse happening in our days is a proof that it occurred in the time of Joshua. The number of hours it lasted is immaterial. But there is noway moon could be split without affecting other parts of the world, and there would be record for it.

Read more about eclipse here :

http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/physics/128-our-solar-system/the-sun/solar-eclipses/778-how-long-does-a-solar-eclipse-last-beginner
am nt here to refute ur qoran or ur claim since am nt an eye witness.
Re: Did Muhammad Truly Split The Moon? by SUPERPACK: 11:16am On Oct 07, 2016
4everGod1:

I already tackled this on another thread convincingly its a phenomenon known as THE MIDNIGHT SUN and that is when you have 24hrs of daylight...science claims it wasn't so before...Something caused it.

I suggest you read up.
Thanks for the enlightenment, bt the sun during a midnight sun does nt appear at middle of the sky. the bible wants to let us knw that that the moon was anticipated. plus the areas that recieve the midnight sun is limited. this strange occurence has never been documented in israel ever since.
my opinion though.
Re: Did Muhammad Truly Split The Moon? by 4everGod1: 11:29am On Oct 07, 2016
SUPERPACK:
Thanks for the enlightenment, bt the sun during a midnight sun does nt appear at middle of the sky. the bible wants to let us knw that that the moon was anticipated. plus the areas that recieve the midnight sun is limited. this strange occurence has never been documented in israel ever since.
my opinion though.

Like I said I suggest you read up. For you to know the areas the currently receive the midnight sun phenomena and those who could have if the earth tilts with just 2 degrees then you would need to be a geographer such as I am and carry out some calculations that tie this with the equator.

All Joshua needed was daylight and not sun position so wether the sun was up high or not matters not.

Please do some research.
Re: Did Muhammad Truly Split The Moon? by EyeHateGod: 12:02pm On Oct 07, 2016
4everGod1:

Like I said I suggest you read up. For you to know the areas the currently receive the midnight sun phenomena and those who could have if the earth tilts with just 2 degrees then you would need to be a geographer such as I am and carry out some calculations that tie this with the equator.

All Joshua needed was daylight and not sun position so wether the sun was up high or not matters not.

Please do some research.
So this is Now the New defence Eclipse of The Sun?
Re: Did Muhammad Truly Split The Moon? by APCsupporter: 12:05pm On Oct 07, 2016
truthmans2012:

If that's the case then go and create a path in the red sea. Since it has to happen everyday. Nansense
Re: Did Muhammad Truly Split The Moon? by EyeHateGod: 12:06pm On Oct 07, 2016
4everGod1:

I suggest you read up.
Is middle east Antarctica?
Re: Did Muhammad Truly Split The Moon? by EyeHateGod: 12:08pm On Oct 07, 2016
truthmans2012:

Re: Did Muhammad Truly Split The Moon? by APCsupporter: 12:09pm On Oct 07, 2016
truthmans2012:

Where is your scientific proof that the red sea was divided?

Where is your scientific proof that mary gave birth to jesus without a man?

Where is your scientific proof that in fact God exist?

Where is your scientific proof that a blind man can be healed without anything physical at all?

Where is your scientific proof that holy spirits exist?

Don't be a hypocrite

2 Likes

Re: Did Muhammad Truly Split The Moon? by APCsupporter: 12:14pm On Oct 07, 2016
Christians only use their head when they are judging other religions. I like the fact that you are asking these questions. I agree that we have no proof. Oya provide yours let's seegrin

4 Likes

Re: Did Muhammad Truly Split The Moon? by truthmans2012: 12:35pm On Oct 07, 2016
Re: Did Muhammad Truly Split The Moon? by truthmans2012: 12:35pm On Oct 07, 2016
APCsupporter:

Where is your scientific proof that the red sea was divided?

Where is your scientific proof that mary gave birth to jesus without a man?

Where is your scientific proof that in fact God exist?

Where is your scientific proof that a blind man can be healed without anything physical at all?

Where is your scientific proof that holy spirits exist?

Don't be a hypocrite

Are you a muslim or an atheist ?

If you are a muslim, every of your questions is in
your Quran.
Re: Did Muhammad Truly Split The Moon? by truthmans2012: 12:37pm On Oct 07, 2016
APCsupporter:
Christians only use their head when they are judging other religions. I like the fact that you are asking these questions. I agree that we have no proof. Oya provide yours let's seegrin

I have given you proof, read them up there.
Re: Did Muhammad Truly Split The Moon? by APCsupporter: 12:38pm On Oct 07, 2016
truthmans2012:

Are you a muslim or an atheist ?

I'm a good Muslim and I believe in all that I mentioned but you, a christian, asking for scientific proof is pure hypocrisy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Muhammad Truly Split The Moon? by APCsupporter: 12:39pm On Oct 07, 2016
truthmans2012:

I have given you proof, read them up there.

Maybe you omitted something cos I don't understand that post
Re: Did Muhammad Truly Split The Moon? by truthmans2012: 12:41pm On Oct 07, 2016
APCsupporter:

I'm a good Muslim and I believe in all that I mentioned but you, a christian, asking for scientific proof is pure hypocrisy

If Muhammad split the moon, would it affect them only in Mecca? Would other parts of the world not witness it?
Re: Did Muhammad Truly Split The Moon? by truthmans2012: 12:42pm On Oct 07, 2016
APCsupporter:

Maybe you omitted something cos I don't understand that post

Ask your question.
Re: Did Muhammad Truly Split The Moon? by APCsupporter: 12:52pm On Oct 07, 2016
truthmans2012:

If Muhammad split the moon, would it affect them only in Mecca? Would other parts of the world not witness it?

Its because it is a pure land.

Before you criticize me,

When we ask you about selective healings you tell us that its due to the sins of the affected people. So watch itgrin

2 Likes

Re: Did Muhammad Truly Split The Moon? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 07, 2016
LMAO. See Christians asking for proof. Lol. Where is the proof for a 4000 year old world wide flood, How did joshua make the sun stop moving when we all know that it is the earth that revolves around the sun, how did a whale swallow a human being for three days and that person still survived, how did all the earth's language come about because of the tower of babel. Use your head. The holy scriptures are fairytales.

1 Like

Re: Did Muhammad Truly Split The Moon? by hopefulLandlord: 1:43pm On Oct 07, 2016
Lennycool:
LMAO. See Christians asking for proof. Lol. Where is the proof for a 4000 year old world wide flood, How did joshua make the sun stop moving when we all know that it is the earth that revolves around the sun, how did a whale swallow a human being for three days and that person still survived, how did all the earth's language come about because of the tower of babel. Use your head. The holy scriptures are fairytales.

bros, me self tire o

anyways me just dey enjoy the back and forth between two religions that relies on delusion

1 Like

Re: Did Muhammad Truly Split The Moon? by CoolUsername: 1:55pm On Oct 07, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

bros, me self tire o

anyways me just dey enjoy the back and forth between two religions that relies on delusion

It's like watching fish competing in a weightlifting contest. Lots of fun.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Numerology Etc. / CCCC / Give Food To The Hungry @ No Cost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.