Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,408 members, 7,853,807 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 02:39 AM

Smart Ways To Conduct Yourself During Job Interviews - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Smart Ways To Conduct Yourself During Job Interviews (16086 Views)

5 Ways To Stay Positive During Job Search / 5 Major Mistakes Graduates Make In Their First Job Interviews / How To Act During Job Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Smart Ways To Conduct Yourself During Job Interviews by Behankey(m): 9:50am On Oct 16, 2016
Thanks for the tips
Re: Smart Ways To Conduct Yourself During Job Interviews by Bollove: 9:52am On Oct 16, 2016
great thread
Re: Smart Ways To Conduct Yourself During Job Interviews by nmreports: 10:04am On Oct 16, 2016
onward4life:

Abeg yu in the Name of Heaven. Help Me.

MAY WE MEET YOU. ??

Hw du I start pls.

Thanks

When you are able to answer the "May we meet you" question powerfully, the job is half yours. This is absolutely correct.

Every question is unique in itself anyway and it presents an opportunity to show interviewers your values, your passion, if need be, your skills and experience.

WHEN THEY SAY MAY WE MEET YOU, YOU CAN ACTUALLY SHUT THE INTERVIEW DOWN WITH YOUR KILLER RESPONSE.
Re: Smart Ways To Conduct Yourself During Job Interviews by Spidermon: 10:16am On Oct 16, 2016
All these rules just to get a job??

The salary fit no reach 100k sef but una wan turn person to robot.
Re: Smart Ways To Conduct Yourself During Job Interviews by berbs112(m): 10:28am On Oct 16, 2016
How about crossing your legs while sitted. Is that a kind of confident thing to do instead of placing your hands on the table with the note pad and pen? grin
Re: Smart Ways To Conduct Yourself During Job Interviews by onward4life(m): 10:32am On Oct 16, 2016
nmreports:

When you are able to answer the "May we meet you" question powerfully, the job is half yours. This is absolutely correct.

Every question is unique in itself anyway and it presents an opportunity to show interviewers your values, your passion, if need be, your skills and experience.

WHEN THEY SAY MAY WE MEET YOU, YOU CAN ACTUALLY SHUT THE INTERVIEW DOWN WITH YOUR KILLER RESPONSE.

You can use this as your guide: https://humanresourceng..com.ng/2016/08/why-should-we-hire-you-simple-guide.html?m=1

You could browse their for other tips.

Help me pls.

I have a big one coming this week!

Abeg u
Re: Smart Ways To Conduct Yourself During Job Interviews by Larrylarex(m): 10:53am On Oct 16, 2016
All these laws, dos and donts on top How much at the end of the month? SALARY-. Something Always Low And Reduces You. What if I give You free information on a simple business You can do from the comfort of your home with a low start-up capital of between 65-130 k that will make You 6 figures in the first month and seven figures by the sixth month? I will train You for free and I'll mentor You all for free. Then you'll know the money u badly wanted Is with another person. Just find a means to get it without applying force - that is business simple as ABC! cheesy
Re: Smart Ways To Conduct Yourself During Job Interviews by petrov10: 11:54am On Oct 16, 2016
bana91:
as you can see the post is meant for the educated ones
and you think you're educated?

get of my mention
Boring fool
Re: Smart Ways To Conduct Yourself During Job Interviews by ostopsmich(m): 12:07pm On Oct 16, 2016
Are you interested in making extra income from home? Visit this webpage http://healthylivingconsults.com/planb.html to learn more
Re: Smart Ways To Conduct Yourself During Job Interviews by Happybirds001: 12:38pm On Oct 16, 2016
nmreports:
Very difficult to get jobs nowadays so I hope this helps.
We must continually help one another get better.

You could check my past threads too.

Please how can i reach you ?
Re: Smart Ways To Conduct Yourself During Job Interviews by TundeEinstein(m): 12:43pm On Oct 16, 2016
nmreports:
The following are just few tips I would like to share with you today.

I have been opportune to interview applicants seeking job at my company for sometime now and I would like to share some of the things I felt if they did right would have earned them some space to meet with the Managing director.

One thing you must first have in mind is that if you do not leave a wow effect on your interviewer, it will be difficult for them to even call you back. You want to be remembered after the interview right?.

These are some of the things the people I have interviewed did but left me feeling they are just a wrong fit for the company:

1) Talking too much. When you talk too much, your words lose value.
2) Contradicting yourself; You studied Biology but you applied for a logistics role so I asked why logistics and you said you just love logistics and its what you want to do.
I asked further where you see yourself in 3 years and you said you see yourself as a renowned biologist. Isn't that confusing?.
3) Looking like a rockstar with Baloteli hair style and several hand bands on your wrist.
4) Slouching on the chair. Sitting lazily and in a drooping way.
5) Using buzz words that you don't even know its meaning or at worst your interviewer doesn't even know what it meas.
6) Looking disinterested. Have a sharp countenance on.
7) Walk across the room with power. To do this, make sure your strides are fast but well taken.

As a result of the above, I will like to share some successful interview conducts to help you scale through your next interview.

1) Be confident. This means you act it even if you are not it. Stand tall and let your pace and stride be firm and fast as this makes you appear confident.
2) Dress sharp and stay sharp.
3) Always have a subtle smile on your face. This helps you to ease nervousness.
4) When you enter the room, close the door behind you without looking back.
5) Do not sit until you are asked to do so.
6) Research on the organization and know as much as you can about your interviewer if possible.
7) Ask smart questions if you are asked to.

These tips are things a lot of people do not do at interviews trust me. They are simple tips but it goes a long way.

You might think everyone knows this but I can tell you that out of the 10 people I interviewed this past weeks, none of them acted accordingly.

Find more lovely, practical and helpful tips here: https://humanresourceng..com.ng/
Z
Let's assume your company is granting scholarships to less privileged students through an established school and the students are asked to come to your office for an interview. What are the tips you have for such students
Re: Smart Ways To Conduct Yourself During Job Interviews by oblak00(m): 1:22pm On Oct 16, 2016
DrHighchief:
Thanks for d writeup. What are some likely questions someone can ask?
Must you quote everything? You are part of the Nairaland problems. Tufiakwa
Re: Smart Ways To Conduct Yourself During Job Interviews by nmreports: 1:46pm On Oct 16, 2016
TundeEinstein:
Let's assume your company is granting scholarships to less privileged students through an established school and the students are asked to come to your office for an interview. What are the tips you have for such students

First thing the student should think is why scholarship??.
The essence of scholarships is to help the poor and support especially those who have the potentials or prospects of giving back.

So the tips are that the student should talk about why they need the scholarship... What effort they themselves have made or their parents or guardians have made to ensure that their education doesn't stop.

Lastly and more importantly, talk about what you intend to achieve after getting the education. The impact or achievement you are driven towards should be socially beneficial most especially.

That should help the student.

What do you think?
Re: Smart Ways To Conduct Yourself During Job Interviews by nmreports: 1:47pm On Oct 16, 2016
Happybirds001:

Please how can i reach you ?

Check my profile for my email. Can't drop it here.
Re: Smart Ways To Conduct Yourself During Job Interviews by kaybee09(m): 1:56pm On Oct 16, 2016
Larrylarex:
All these laws, dos and donts on top How much at the end of the month? SALARY-. Something Always Low And Reduces You. What if I give You free information on a simple business You can do from the comfort of your home with a low start-up capital of between 65-130 k that will make You 6 figures in the first month and seven figures by the sixth month? I will train You for free and I'll mentor You all for free. Then you'll know the money u badly wanted Is with another person. Just find a means to get it without applying force - that is business simple as ABC! cheesy
please am all ears
Re: Smart Ways To Conduct Yourself During Job Interviews by tthobique: 3:01pm On Oct 16, 2016
For ur MMM registration or better explanation, contact or whatsapp me on 08160104345
Re: Smart Ways To Conduct Yourself During Job Interviews by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 16, 2016
nmreports:
In number 7 above, I meant not walking across the room with power may not paint you well. Shoulders down looking defeated is a no no.

If you have an interview this week, do the following:

1) Go with a pen.
2) Have a small diary.
3) Place your hands on the table after sitting.
4) Sit straight and look into the interviewers eyes.
5) More importantly, go prepared.
6) Ask for when you should expect a reply.
7) Send an email to say thanks while reiterating your interest.
cool Tell your interviewer you believe you are a good fit for the job and you are positive about it.
9) Describe yourself as a very positive person.
10) Talk about your passions as it relates to the job. If you have evidence, go with them.

1 & 2 makes you look passionate and brilliant.

Updated hints about Stanbic ongoing recruitment. For those who may apply in the future and those who have the assessment can be found here: https://humanresourceng..com.ng/2016/10/stanbic-ibtc-recruitment-what-you.html?m=1

Place hands on the table. There's nothing one will not hear in Nigeria all because of scarcity of job because of the bad governance. Is the interviewee a culprit?

2 Likes

Re: Smart Ways To Conduct Yourself During Job Interviews by MsFaith: 4:03pm On Oct 16, 2016
Thanks for this
Re: Smart Ways To Conduct Yourself During Job Interviews by nmreports: 4:23pm On Oct 16, 2016
Symphony1:

Place hands on the table. There's nothing one will not hear in Nigeria all because of scarcity of job because of the bad governance. Is the interviewee a culprit?

Abi ooo
Re: Smart Ways To Conduct Yourself During Job Interviews by nmreports: 4:24pm On Oct 16, 2016
berbs112:
How about crossing your legs while sitted. Is that a kind of confident thing to do instead of placing your hands on the table with the note pad and pen? grin

Maybe we can close our eyes too.

1 Like

Re: Smart Ways To Conduct Yourself During Job Interviews by MrMacinterchi1: 7:02pm On Oct 16, 2016
dreamworld:
Let's bring lala to the thread, let him ascertain if the thread is worthy of hitting front page
lol... Is this ur lala? funny man.
Re: Smart Ways To Conduct Yourself During Job Interviews by bana91(m): 9:02am On Oct 17, 2016
petrov10:
and you think you're educated?

get of my mention
Boring fool
Why is all your life this 'boring'
Re: Smart Ways To Conduct Yourself During Job Interviews by bana91(m): 9:04am On Oct 17, 2016
Re: Smart Ways To Conduct Yourself During Job Interviews by TundeEinstein(m): 12:40pm On Oct 17, 2016
nmreports:

First thing the student should think is why scholarship??.
The essence of scholarships is to help the poor and support especially those who have the potentials or prospects of giving back.

So the tips are that the student should talk about why they need the scholarship... What effort they themselves have made or their parents or guardians have made to ensure that their education doesn't stop.

Lastly and more importantly, talk about what you intend to achieve after getting the education. The impact or achievement you are driven towards should be socially beneficial most especially.

That should help the student.

What do you think?
Brilliant! Thanks very much.
Re: Smart Ways To Conduct Yourself During Job Interviews by Larrylarex(m): 10:03pm On Oct 18, 2016
kaybee09:
please am all ears
First off, you must be open minded and be ready to try new things out, if that is checked, you can follow the instruction in my signature
Re: Smart Ways To Conduct Yourself During Job Interviews by uwadiahercules: 9:37am On Feb 17, 2019

(1) (2) (Reply)

Available Positions In African Union Commission / JOB : What Side Hustle Can One Do On Weekends in Abuja? / Skye Bank Is Accepting Cv Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.