Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,982 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

Can I Register At The Marriage Registry Ikoyi In The Absence Of My Wife? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can I Register At The Marriage Registry Ikoyi In The Absence Of My Wife? (1296 Views)

Court Declares The Power Of Ikoyi Registry To Conduct Marriages In Lagos NULL / Can The Marriage Last? (disturbing Photo) / Man Forced Into An Arranged Marriage At 24 Shares How He Ends The Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Register At The Marriage Registry Ikoyi In The Absence Of My Wife? by montanaguy(m): 11:39am On Oct 07, 2016
I and my American wife will be tying the knot very soon at the marriage registry, Ikoyi Lagos. I was informed of the documents needed from her for the registry. Due to the nature of her business, can she scan her passport data page, scan her passport photos and send to my email box to do the registration before her arrival or must she present with me for the registration? Thanks.
Re: Can I Register At The Marriage Registry Ikoyi In The Absence Of My Wife? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Oct 07, 2016
cheesy cheesy
What a JOKE!

Next, you'll open a thread asking if you can get a divorce in her absence.

Re: Can I Register At The Marriage Registry Ikoyi In The Absence Of My Wife? by emeraldoe(f): 9:30pm On Oct 07, 2016
montanaguy:
I and my American wife will be tying the knot very soon at the marriage registry, Ikoyi Lagos. I was informed of the documents needed from her for the registry. Due to the nature of her business, can she scan her passport data page, scan her passport photos and send to my email box to do the registration before her arrival or must she present with me for the registration? Thanks.
Yes u can. I did same in the absence of my husband. I got all the necessary documents and passport, told dem d day and time we intend getting married and it was registered. Then i was given a list of items to bring along on that day. On d day of d wedding, we were joined and given a certificate. Ours was in Delta state
Re: Can I Register At The Marriage Registry Ikoyi In The Absence Of My Wife? by dfrost: 9:18am On Oct 08, 2016
You can do the research yourself, albeit here is the Nigerian Marriage Act.

http://www.nigeria-law.org/Marriage%20Act.htm

(1) (Reply)

My Little Cousin Of A Month Old Doesn't Allow Anybody To Carry Her. / One Night From Twelve Years Ago Is Tearing My Marriage Apart / See A Lucrative Business You Can Start With 40k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.