Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,447 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

4G LTE Network Providers And Just Before You Buy A 4G Enabled Phone - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 4G LTE Network Providers And Just Before You Buy A 4G Enabled Phone (1309 Views)

O365 Service Providers And O365 Partners India? / You Want To Know If Your Smartphone Is 4G Enabled? / How To Setup And Subscribe To Etisalat 4G LTE Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4G LTE Network Providers And Just Before You Buy A 4G Enabled Phone by eraly(m): 12:57pm On Oct 07, 2016
It's a very good development to know and hear that Nigeria is gradually being 'flooded' by Network providers that are offering 4G services. NTEL came first, MTN followed suite and just some days ago GLO. And going by some rumours flying around on the internet, Etisalat should announce their 4G service any moment from now. We are happy to hear about all these development. But I feel there are some things people need to know about LTE as regards their phone and what the network providers can do. There is more to having a 4G sim card and a 4G enabled phone.

That I have a 4G enabled phone does not really give me the 100% assurance that am gonna enjoy internet at the speed of light on any network that I chose without taking a very important key/factor into consideration. The key/important factor is 'the FREQUENCY BANDS that my phone support'. All network providers have frequency on which they run/operate. If a phone does not support the BAND of a particular network, there is nohow s sim card from such a network can work on the said phone. GLO launched its 4G LTE some days ago and people have started murmuring, grumbling and complaining because the BAND they launched their 4G LTE on is 'mostly' not supported on major device. I read about how GLO have been sending text messages to People that they should walk into their outlets to get their 4G sims only for those people to know thereafter that they can get the 4G signal on their devices.

Here is the frequencies and bands of the known 4G LTE network providers that we have as at today 07/10/2016

GLO 700MHz (BAND 28)

MTN 800MHz (BAND 20) and 2600MHz (BAND 7)

NTEL 900MHz (BAND8) and 1800MHz (BAND 3)

SPECTRANET 2300MHz (BAND 40)

SWIFT 2300MHz (BAND 40)

SMILE 800MHz (BAND 20)

I am not here to condemn any network provider as to why they launched their 4G network on a particular frequency/band (cos they have their reasons) but to sensitize people as to know some major things to consider before buying a 4G enabled phone or even a 4G enabled sim card. Or what point is therein to get a something that is gonna be useless on the long run. Something as expensive as a 4G enabled phone. I have heard of people complaining about their 4G enabled phone not working with their 4G enabled sim on GLO. (Infinix, Tecno, Gionee and other chinese android phones do not support GLO 4G LTE band. Maybe their 4G services isn't meant for People using these brands of phones.

N.B: Please tech gurus, add your opinions and let us educate eachother. nobody sabi finish grin cheesy

Lalasticlala, please help move this to FP so that people may be enlightened

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4G LTE Network Providers And Just Before You Buy A 4G Enabled Phone by ewosk: 1:23pm On Oct 07, 2016
NICE PIECE cheesy

hmmn so this chinko devices are limited capability when it comes to 4G....
Re: 4G LTE Network Providers And Just Before You Buy A 4G Enabled Phone by acenazt: 1:46pm On Oct 07, 2016
Mehn I no fit afford Gionee M5 Mk I go buy London used Tecno boom J8.
Re: 4G LTE Network Providers And Just Before You Buy A 4G Enabled Phone by eraly(m): 2:04pm On Oct 07, 2016
ewosk:
NICE PIECE cheesy

hmmn so this chinko devices are limited capability when it comes to 4G....

Exactly bro. and to buy international versions of all dis highend phones na lipsrsealed
Re: 4G LTE Network Providers And Just Before You Buy A 4G Enabled Phone by busuyi44: 4:02pm On Sep 08, 2017
Which band is 9mobile using for her LTE 4G?
Re: 4G LTE Network Providers And Just Before You Buy A 4G Enabled Phone by dustmalik: 9:34pm On Sep 08, 2017
busuyi44:
Which band is 9mobile using for her LTE 4G?
Band 3 (1800Mhz)
Re: 4G LTE Network Providers And Just Before You Buy A 4G Enabled Phone by busuyi44: 5:58am On Oct 13, 2017
Which Gionee, Tecno or Infinix phone supports Glo LTE band 28?

(1) (Reply)

How To Autopost Blogger Post To Facebook / Whao! Airtel Internet Data Now Double-double / China Develops Home-grown Human-like Robot (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.