Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,639 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:55 AM

2003 Murano: A Dilemma - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2003 Murano: A Dilemma (1364 Views)

Venza Or Crosstour Or Murano Or Santa Fe / Nissan Murano: Car Stops On Its Own While Driving / Nissan Murano? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2003 Murano: A Dilemma by deathwing(m): 3:56pm On Oct 07, 2016
Hey guys.

I got a Golf 3 last year (Ikenna's response to my question about a necessity for a car set my mind on it, Bless your soul), learned to drive in it, and currently enjoying the hell out of it. I do pre-emptive maintenance every now and then to keep it in top shape.

But I've recently been offered a free 2003 Murano from a close relative because he doesn't want to sell it.

I respectfully voiced my concerns about the gearbox issues that I've heard so much about(The whole engine oil thingy), and he told me his car is perfect. And that he only repairs it with accredited car shops. He has another newer Camry he's been favoring for years, so he doesn't rock the Murano as much as he used to. The car still looks awesome though.

I don't want to use my mind to spoil this gift, because a 2003 SUV is better than a 1996 hatchback (I think), and I want to see this offer as a blessing, especially in this recession.

What do you guys think? Any 2003 Murano owners here? What has been your experience with the car as regards maintenance and reliability? Please provide details of maintenance costs if you can. Thanks guys!
Re: 2003 Murano: A Dilemma by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:29pm On Oct 07, 2016
diportivo
Re: 2003 Murano: A Dilemma by diportivo: 7:46pm On Oct 07, 2016
Oga deathwing

That gearbox issue is real o

And dat oil whatever u av in mind might happen if u start using the rifey....sadly cry

But,it won't be fair on u to refuse a gift will it angry

Collect it......and sell it to me bros..I go buy am well cool

Keep rocking ur 96 German hatchback.....leave the Nissan for ppl like me dats in love with it grin

Whatyasay?

1 Like

Re: 2003 Murano: A Dilemma by deathwing(m): 9:18pm On Oct 07, 2016
Haba. I can't sell it nau; we are still in this same Lagos. I don't even have where to park the damn thing sef. Lool. Stress. But he's been taking care of his gear box all this while. He's had the car since 2010. I have never seen him complain about any of his cars. And he's had quite a few over the years.

Asides the gear thing, what is the cost of maintenance?

diportivo:
Oga deathwing

And dat oil whatever u av in mind might happen if u start using the rifey....sadly cry

Keep rocking ur 96 German hatchback.....leave the Nissan for ppl like me dats in love with it grin

Whatyasay?
Re: 2003 Murano: A Dilemma by deathwing(m): 9:19pm On Oct 07, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
diportivo

Oga gazzuzz, surely you have some great experience to share. Epp ya guy sad
Re: 2003 Murano: A Dilemma by Lexusgs430: 10:41pm On Oct 07, 2016
deathwing:
Hey guys.

I got a Golf 3 last year (Ikenna's response to my question about a necessity for a car set my mind on it, Bless your soul), learned to drive in it, and currently enjoying the hell out of it. I do pre-emptive maintenance every now and then to keep it in top shape.

But I've recently been offered a free 2003 Murano from a close relative because he doesn't want to sell it.

I respectfully voiced my concerns about the gearbox issues that I've heard so much about(The whole engine oil thingy), and he told me his car is perfect. And that he only repairs it with accredited car shops. He has another newer Camry he's been favoring for years, so he doesn't rock the Murano as much as he used to. The car still looks awesome though.

I don't want to use my mind to spoil this gift, because a 2003 SUV is better than a 1996 hatchback (I think), and I want to see this offer as a blessing, especially in this recession.

What do you guys think? Any 2003 Murano owners here? What has been your experience with the car as regards maintenance and reliability? Please provide details of maintenance costs if you can. Thanks guys!

It's a gift....... Collect it and rock it on those special driving days.
You have nothing to lose..............
Re: 2003 Murano: A Dilemma by deathwing(m): 12:16pm On Oct 08, 2016
I have refused it. He's willing to trade it in for a smaller car for me now. smiley

Thanks guys
Re: 2003 Murano: A Dilemma by bong4(m): 11:49am On Oct 09, 2016
deathwing:
Hey guys.

Bros, abeg naa. You scared me with the bolded. I had to go and check up.
Re: 2003 Murano: A Dilemma by deathwing(m): 12:32pm On Oct 09, 2016
Hahahahahahahaha.
Sorry.

bong4:

Bros, abeg naa. You scared me with the bolded. I had to go and check up.
Re: 2003 Murano: A Dilemma by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:26pm On Oct 09, 2016
deathwing:
I have refused it. He's willing to trade it in for a smaller car for me now. smiley

Thanks guys

Smart man
Re: 2003 Murano: A Dilemma by deathwing(m): 8:15am On Nov 03, 2016
diportivo:
Oga deathwing
Whatyasay?

Here it is https://www.nairaland.com/3440066/2004-nissan-murano-sale#50725187

(1) (Reply)

Help!!!! I Want To Fix My Honda Civic / Quick Sale : Toyota Camry / How To Credit Your Bet9ja And Betking Account By Dialing Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.