Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

"No Man Wants A Liability So Ladies Wise Up" - Preye, The Female POP Designer - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / "No Man Wants A Liability So Ladies Wise Up" - Preye, The Female POP Designer (19031 Views)

Truth For The Wise: Don’t Expect More Jobs In The Future / Ebiminor Preye, POP Designer Buys Lexus Jeep. Flaunts It Online (Photos) / Meet The Female Sec School Graduate Who Is A Mechanic And Is Proud Of It.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"No Man Wants A Liability So Ladies Wise Up" - Preye, The Female POP Designer by ChuzzyBlog: 7:41pm On Oct 07, 2016
[img]http://3.bp..com/-b_0TaOw8I_c/V_dqOdUPrGI/AAAAAAAAC_k/pqy6VlpW5H8WVGsdo14qe-aPhYvzgwBDACLcB/s1600/Preye.jpg[/img]

Preye Ebiminor is a structural engineer who major in POP making. Last week she made a post which went viral on the internet (You can read it here). Chuzzyblog met with her and i must say she is an adorable being. In this exclusive interview, she went ahead to disclose more about herself. Below are some excerpts:-

Tell us about yourself
My Name is Preye Ebiminor, i'm from Delta State. I'm a graduate of the Film and Broadcast Academy and i'm a structural engineer also. I am the first child and only girl of my late parents.

Its only normal to ask why you choose to do such a job. Tell us why?
I am a person who doesn't like doing regular things, i love business, i love money, so i love doing things that'll give me money. I actually wanted to do something that is on the other side. You know men tend to see themselves as superior, but hell no! (Laughs out loud). I believe what a man can do, a woman can do too. Well, i have grown to be passionate about it.

How long have you been in the business?

I've been in the business for over 5 years now

Do you consider yourself to be a professional?
Yes i am obviously (Chuckles)

Do you have an estimate of how many jobs you've done so far?
Hmmm. uncountable actually. I have done lots of jobs and can't really give an estimate of how many I've done.

Do you work only in a particular state?
My kind of job is not the kind you do in one place. Its a mobile job, i travel all over the country. I've worked in so many places in Nigeria - Abuja, Portharcourt, Lagos, Delta, Edo. In Edo and Delta, i am well known, like very popular. (laughs) They know me by the name POP girl (Laughs out loud)

You wrote a post that went viral a week ago, what gave you the drive to put that up?
In the Nigeria we're in today, things are going worse by the day. I see the way ladies carry themselves, they don't want to work, they just want to sit at home depending on a guy. It is not supposed to be like that actually. If you want a guy to respect you, you need to show him what to respect. These days, you must not be a university graduate to be successful. If your highest level of education is Secondary education, you can learn vocational skills afterwards, be focused, have patience, it'll take only a while, you'll live the life of your dreams. I think it's better to hustle up than relying on a guy to feed you and care for all your needs. My dear, no man wants a liability so wise up.

How do you get to convince your clients to believe in you since this is "not really" a job for women?
First of all, i am a very friendly person and i am lovable (smiles). I capitalize on that virtue a lot. (Winks). When i get to sites to seek for jobs or contracts, i engage the people there in a conversation, before you know it, we get really flowing in that conversation. When i eventually meet who is in charge, i introduce myself and what i do. In most cases, if it's a city I've worked, i take the potential client to where i had worked or show them pictures of my previously done jobs and that's it. I've not really had clients doubting my ability. I would say it's grace.

So what are your future plans for the business?
Well, i hope to register my company very soon. Actually, i am working on it already. i have some apprentices already. I intend to have more when i register the company under my name. We're are gonna be a force in Nigeria pretty soon.

What are the challenges you face in this job?
There are lots of challenges, firstly your workers, they can be annoyingly lazy sometimes. Also, in my early days, getting jobs and contracts was not easy. Some clients (male definitely) wanna leverage on the fact that you need the job badly. You know what i mean (smiles).

Another challenge i face even till date is payment of balance by client. After handing over the keys of the house to them, you'll start hearing stories that touch the heart. All the same, i love my job and i intend to be around for a pretty long time.

Any last words?
Definitely yes! People, especially ladies should learn to be independent. However while being strong and independent, stay humble especially when you're single (smiles). Let me use this medium to thank you Mr Chuzzy, i feel so much like a celebrity, seeing my photos and name all over the place. I have gotten some contacts and jobs already and will be starting some pretty soon. To all those sending me messages, i may not respond cos the messages are so much and i have lots of friend requests too. Mehn Celebrity life no easy o! (Laughs out loud).

SOURCE: http://www.chuzzyblog.com/2016/10/ebiminor-preye-chuzzyblog-exclusive.html

lalasticlala, ijebabe

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "No Man Wants A Liability So Ladies Wise Up" - Preye, The Female POP Designer by jaymejate: 7:44pm On Oct 07, 2016
What a guy can do, a Lady will do it better...
But lady, una never be celeb o. Ah no know you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "No Man Wants A Liability So Ladies Wise Up" - Preye, The Female POP Designer by ring7(m): 8:19pm On Oct 07, 2016
The hustle mist pay...

9 Likes

Re: "No Man Wants A Liability So Ladies Wise Up" - Preye, The Female POP Designer by femolacqua(m): 9:29pm On Oct 07, 2016
True talk.

1 Like

Re: "No Man Wants A Liability So Ladies Wise Up" - Preye, The Female POP Designer by Realali(f): 6:33am On Oct 08, 2016
Re: "No Man Wants A Liability So Ladies Wise Up" - Preye, The Female POP Designer by Nobody: 6:36am On Oct 08, 2016
Good for her.
Re: "No Man Wants A Liability So Ladies Wise Up" - Preye, The Female POP Designer by iceberryose(m): 6:36am On Oct 08, 2016
Girls don't wanna hustle All of them are either models or make up artist

18 Likes

Re: "No Man Wants A Liability So Ladies Wise Up" - Preye, The Female POP Designer by Darejyde(m): 6:37am On Oct 08, 2016
Dats how u knw a wife material because she becomes ur help meet if eventually u marry the hard working type..

10 Likes

Re: "No Man Wants A Liability So Ladies Wise Up" - Preye, The Female POP Designer by Nobody: 6:37am On Oct 08, 2016
babe pls tell them lazy azz ladies who depend on a guy for every single penny, how on earth will a guy respect such a lady........ this is the ideal babe for this kind buhari regime, not the ones that will make u commit suicide grin

31 Likes

Re: "No Man Wants A Liability So Ladies Wise Up" - Preye, The Female POP Designer by Achorise: 6:39am On Oct 08, 2016
Where is Jennifer come and see girl like you oh!!!
Everytime money for subscription , come and subscribe to POP.

41 Likes

Re: "No Man Wants A Liability So Ladies Wise Up" - Preye, The Female POP Designer by Rapmoney(m): 6:40am On Oct 08, 2016
If I date any girl wey be liability, make I suspend for air!!! angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "No Man Wants A Liability So Ladies Wise Up" - Preye, The Female POP Designer by ednut1(m): 6:40am On Oct 08, 2016
any woman without a job or business should be banned from marriage .marriage is not a poverty alleviation program

83 Likes 10 Shares

Re: "No Man Wants A Liability So Ladies Wise Up" - Preye, The Female POP Designer by eyinjuege: 6:40am On Oct 08, 2016
Nice one...

And she's funny too

2 Likes

Re: "No Man Wants A Liability So Ladies Wise Up" - Preye, The Female POP Designer by spartacuz: 6:42am On Oct 08, 2016
I respect u Hun... Aim for d skies, if u miss... U're in d moon coolI respect u Hun...

1 Like

Re: "No Man Wants A Liability So Ladies Wise Up" - Preye, The Female POP Designer by esosuo2: 6:42am On Oct 08, 2016
Good to see a young lady working hard to earn a living unlike the many able certified spenders that got only one degradable selling point . Thumbs up to all dos hard working ones

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "No Man Wants A Liability So Ladies Wise Up" - Preye, The Female POP Designer by beautiful232(f): 6:43am On Oct 08, 2016
lol.
no woman too want a liability too
but that work your doing is too hard for any lady to do
what a man can do
some women cannot do it better Leave it for the men...mbok grin

4 Likes

Re: "No Man Wants A Liability So Ladies Wise Up" - Preye, The Female POP Designer by byvan03: 6:47am On Oct 08, 2016
Good one, she is single and can do any job she wants. I doubt most men will let their wives continue with this kind of job.

3 Likes

Re: "No Man Wants A Liability So Ladies Wise Up" - Preye, The Female POP Designer by emmsnice(m): 6:51am On Oct 08, 2016
She realy is a friendly lady and has a strong passion for what she's doing. Big ups dear

1 Like

Re: "No Man Wants A Liability So Ladies Wise Up" - Preye, The Female POP Designer by Pavore9: 6:52am On Oct 08, 2016
ednut1:
any woman without a job or business should be banned from marriage .marriage is not a poverty alleviation program

Abeg no let this hot coffee whey l dey drink scorch me o! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: "No Man Wants A Liability So Ladies Wise Up" - Preye, The Female POP Designer by paschal47(m): 6:52am On Oct 08, 2016
to be popular na war
Re: "No Man Wants A Liability So Ladies Wise Up" - Preye, The Female POP Designer by Dadsonval(f): 6:53am On Oct 08, 2016
Hmmm ladies too shld be wise, cos lazy men full everywhere too. Ladies don't marry liability too!

11 Likes

Re: "No Man Wants A Liability So Ladies Wise Up" - Preye, The Female POP Designer by Pavore9: 6:54am On Oct 08, 2016
byvan03:
Good one, she is single and can do any job she wants. I doubt most men will let their wives continue with this kind of job.

It is left for her to settle with a man who would help her further her dream and not one who will squash it out of insecurities!

8 Likes

Re: "No Man Wants A Liability So Ladies Wise Up" - Preye, The Female POP Designer by Nobody: 6:55am On Oct 08, 2016
iceberryose:
Girls don't wanna hustle
All of them are either models or make up artist
Because models and make up artist work for free ba? If it's making then money, it's hustle. They don't have to start carrying bags of cement to show you that they're determined.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "No Man Wants A Liability So Ladies Wise Up" - Preye, The Female POP Designer by Greenbullet(m): 6:55am On Oct 08, 2016
Castroii:
babe pls tell them lazy azz ladies who depend on a guy for every single penny, how on earth will a guy respect such a lady........ this is the ideal babe for this kind buhari regime, not the ones that will make u commit suicide grin
abi ooooo,HOW DO YOU WANT A GUY TO RESPECT YOU WHEN YOU NO GET SELF WORTH,AS A WOMAN YOU SUPPOSE SHOW MAN REASON TO RESPEXT YOU,WORK LIKE HIM,IF HE BUYS SOMETHING FOR YOU BUY FOR HIM BACK,TAKE CARE OF SOME BILLS ,I SWEAR THAT MAN WILL SEE YOU AS HIS EQUAL BUT NOT WHEN YOU ARE NO DIFFERENT TLR OM THE ROAD SIDE BEGGER ,WHO BEGS FOR EVERYTHING FROM HIM,THE MENTALITY OF A MAN IS THAT BEGGERS ARE LESS THAN HIM.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "No Man Wants A Liability So Ladies Wise Up" - Preye, The Female POP Designer by Realhommie(m): 6:56am On Oct 08, 2016
When you meet this kinda girl as a guy, you no get any choice but to respect her, she's earned it. Though some foolish mehn dey sha, if you like be miss independent dem go still disregard you.

Way to go babes, na ur type we dey find abeg, not those liabilities.

1 Like

Re: "No Man Wants A Liability So Ladies Wise Up" - Preye, The Female POP Designer by byvan03: 6:58am On Oct 08, 2016
Pavore9:

It is left for her to settle with a man who would help her further her dream and not one who will squash it out of insecurities!

It won't be because the man wants to squash her dream, it will be out of care and love mostly. I think marrying a man in the same field will serve her better.
Re: "No Man Wants A Liability So Ladies Wise Up" - Preye, The Female POP Designer by benueguy(m): 6:59am On Oct 08, 2016
Pavore9:

Abeg no let this hot coffee whey l dey drink scorch me o! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
I tell you.
Re: "No Man Wants A Liability So Ladies Wise Up" - Preye, The Female POP Designer by muller101(m): 7:00am On Oct 08, 2016
They will avoid this thread. Lady f won't book space. Op pls post something like man got a mansion for his babe. So they can comment.

6 Likes

Re: "No Man Wants A Liability So Ladies Wise Up" - Preye, The Female POP Designer by Pavore9: 7:01am On Oct 08, 2016
byvan03:

It won't be because the man wants to squash her dream, it will be out of care and love mostly. I think marrying a man in the same field will serve her better.

Out of love and care? shocked........That does not hold water!

After all it will get to a time when she will not to be doing the job herself but play a supervisory role.

2 Likes

Re: "No Man Wants A Liability So Ladies Wise Up" - Preye, The Female POP Designer by chelseababy(f): 7:01am On Oct 08, 2016
I understand she has passion for the job,but this is not a lady's job
Re: "No Man Wants A Liability So Ladies Wise Up" - Preye, The Female POP Designer by Jalubarika(m): 7:03am On Oct 08, 2016
Where Are These So Called Frosh Ladies, With Chain For Leg With big Belle?
Where Are These "I Never Chop" Babes Who No Get One Naira But Know The Best Ishiewu Joint For Neighbourhood?
Where Are These Ladies Who Threaten To Breakup If And Only if iphone7 Is not Provided?
Come and C Una Mate Here. Shout out To All Ladies Who Are Hardworking And Think Independently.
You All Deserve A Kiss On ur Forehead.
It's Honourable to Provide The Level Of Lifestyle We Crave For

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abuse Of Sick Leave In A Corporate Environment / When Will ICAN Release May 2012 Diet Result? / I Am A Nigerian Cybersecurity expert In The US, Ask Me Anything

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.