Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

BED-WETTING: How Can I Stop It? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / BED-WETTING: How Can I Stop It? (1590 Views)

Eradicate Bed-wetting Now / I Think I Am Dying! And I Can't Stop It!! / Final Cure For Bed Wetting. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BED-WETTING: How Can I Stop It? by kmaxx(m): 10:52am On Oct 08, 2016
Y'ello! Nairalanders.

My name is kmax.
I need your candid advice/help on how I could put to an end once and for eternity this act of bedwetting.

The thing is; I've got a relative leaving with us. He is 10years old but the kid still bedwets.
I have tried all I could think of to stop this act all to no avail.
I don flog am tire. For where? E still no stop Oh. I limit his intake of water at nights, I even bought him some herbs from all these herbal vendors. Taking him out at nights to urinate na wash. Him go still pee for bed before morning. I don scold am tire. Him sef no fit control the thing. You know what he does? When I am around, sharpally before everyone wakes up he has risen, changed the clothes he slept in, takes away the sheets, peaks sponge, soap and water to clean up his mess. Even bath early sef.

Please, how can I help him stop this act of bedwetting 10yrs old for that matter! E don become a routin, asin something usual. I have tried and failed.
Re: BED-WETTING: How Can I Stop It? by BEENUEL(m): 11:08am On Oct 08, 2016
angry
Re: BED-WETTING: How Can I Stop It? by frostland(m): 11:21am On Oct 08, 2016
if he does all that after bed wetting he will stop wen the time comes flogging, scolding will not make him to stop and please don't buy any tin u see some of this herb are fake
Re: BED-WETTING: How Can I Stop It? by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 08, 2016
It's a medical condition and I believe stress contributes so don't stress him. Find a gentler way of helping him overcome. It's not like he wants to wet his bed so beating him will not help.

My five year old niece insisted on sleeping over. While everybody was reminding her she bed wets, I told them off and I took her to the loo three times that night. Just to make sure she has no urine in her system at any time.

1 Like

Re: BED-WETTING: How Can I Stop It? by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 08, 2016
The person above me is smart. Flogging and scolding humiliates him, causing more stress. Mind you,at 10 it really isn't something he wants to do.

One boy like that was taken to a Boys Only Boarding School, where he learnt to interact better with his age mates and carry a uniform discipline as them. Came back for holidays a different person, cheerful, young soccer player and no more bedwetting.
kmaxx:
When I am around, sharpally before everyone wakes up he has risen, changed the clothes he slept in, takes away the sheets, peaks sponge, soap and water to clean up his mess. Even bath early sef.
That should make you understand how ashamed he feels, but you make things worse by being physical with him.

1 Like

Re: BED-WETTING: How Can I Stop It? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 08, 2016
atleast ur own get sense, d 14yr old wey dey wit us go piss four times bfor morning n still wait for u to tell hm to clean up bfor he remembers.
Re: BED-WETTING: How Can I Stop It? by kmaxx(m): 1:56pm On Oct 08, 2016
Re: BED-WETTING: How Can I Stop It? by kmaxx(m): 2:00pm On Oct 08, 2016
jagugu88li:
The person above me is smart. Flogging and scolding humiliates him, causing more stress. Mind you,at 10 it really isn't something he wants to do.

One boy like that was taken to a Boys Only Boarding School, where he learnt to interact better with his age mates and carry a uniform discipline as them. Came back for holidays a different person, cheerful, young soccer player and no more bedwetting. That should make you understand how ashamed he feels, but you make things worse by being physical with him.

Thanks for your comment sis.
In your opinion, what measure should I take to put an end to his bedwetting? He's only in junior secondary 1. Putting him in a boarding school requirs I wait for like 3-4yrs. I have even stopped scolding or talking to him about bedwetting. I just watch with no idea on what or how to help him stop. I really want him to stop.
Re: BED-WETTING: How Can I Stop It? by kmaxx(m): 2:03pm On Oct 08, 2016
nnamdiokere45:
atleast ur own get sense, d 14yr old wey dey wit us go piss four times bfor morning n still wait for u to tell hm to clean up bfor he remembers.

Ha! 14
Re: BED-WETTING: How Can I Stop It? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 08, 2016
kmaxx:

Thanks for your comment sis.
In your opinion, what measure should I take to put an end to his bedwetting? He's only in junior secondary 1. Putting him in a boarding school requirs I wait for like 3-4yrs. I have even stopped scolding or talking to him about bedwetting. I just watch with no idea on what or how to help him stop. I really want him to stop.

There are boarding schools for pre-primary students or it depends with ones location. Riaan had an alarm watch that he set himself to wake him up every 3 hours, yours is just to monitor him. You will agree with me that teenagers most likely sleep and wake up as they please, so this routine wont counteract against him in anyway (just disturb your sleep until he's fine for both your sakes wink). It should take about three or so weeks for him to carry this routine naturally. If that doesn't work, pursue professional help.

nnamdiokere45:
I sincerely hope that you do understand that by being annoyed at him, you have contributed to his problem. Once a child is above 6-7 years and still bed wets, they take it as a normal routine. Hence one has to involve them when carrying out the elimination process.
Re: BED-WETTING: How Can I Stop It? by Oyindaberry(f): 6:02pm On Oct 08, 2016
Fast and pray for him always.
He should eat dinner like 6pm and make sure he pees before going to bed. You should caution him on how he drinks water before bed too. Also, take it upon yourself to wake him up like 5 times before dawn for him to pee so he doesn't mess up the bed. These I listed should help.
Re: BED-WETTING: How Can I Stop It? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 08, 2016
kmaxx:
Y'ello! Nairalanders.

My name is kmax.
I need your candid advice/help on how I could put to an end once and for eternity this act of bedwetting.

The thing is; I've got a relative leaving with us. He is 10years old but the kid still bedwets.
I have tried all I could think of to stop this act all to no avail.
I don flog am tire. For where? E still no stop Oh. I limit his intake of water at nights, I even bought him some herbs from all these herbal vendors. Taking him out at nights to urinate na wash. Him go still pee for bed before morning. I don scold am tire. Him sef no fit control the thing. You know what he does? When I am around, sharpally before everyone wakes up he has risen, changed the clothes he slept in, takes away the sheets, peaks sponge, soap and water to clean up his mess. Even bath early sef.

Please, how can I help him stop this act of bedwetting 10yrs old for that matter! E don become a routin, asin something usual. I have tried and failed.

Please stop with the flogging and scolding, what he has is a health condition that is out of his control, he would outgrow it, would only take some time.

1 Like

Re: BED-WETTING: How Can I Stop It? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 08, 2016
kmaxx:

Ha! 14

Had a neice who bedwetted till 18, it automatically stopped few years ago, no cure, nothing.
Re: BED-WETTING: How Can I Stop It? by rvpbae: 11:37pm On Oct 08, 2016
Oyindaberry:
Fast and pray for him always.

Lol. Fast and pray kwa?! Wetin person no go see for Nairaland. grin cheesy

Op, my couz did same till 11 or so, the older one continued for much longer sef. Flogging will solve nothing. The only thing that can help is to reduce his water intake and him up to urinate at least 3times.

They both eventually stopped after a while. Some people just take longer to stop.
Re: BED-WETTING: How Can I Stop It? by Oyindaberry(f): 8:04am On Oct 09, 2016
rvpbae:

Lol. Fast and pray kwa?! Wetin person no go see for Nairaland. grin cheesy

Op, my couz did same till 11 or so, the older one continued for much longer sef. Flogging will solve nothing. The only thing that can help is to reduce his water intake and him up to urinate at least 3times.

They both eventually stopped after a while. Some people just take longer to stop.
So you think prayer can't end it abruptly right? You're a joker. Bed wetting is an embarrassing thing if you dunno, there is nothing prayer cannot solve. To me, bed wetting at 10 years of age is embarrassing. What if necessary precautions are taken and yet such child still bedwets? Anyway, it's left for the OP to filter the truth out of every contributions.

1 Like

Re: BED-WETTING: How Can I Stop It? by babyt66: 9:51am On Oct 09, 2016
Watsapp me on 08032493281
Re: BED-WETTING: How Can I Stop It? by rvpbae: 10:47am On Oct 09, 2016
Oyindaberry:

So you think prayer can't end it abruptly right? You're a joker. Bed wetting is an embarrassing thing if you dunno, there is nothing prayer cannot solve. To me, bed wetting at 10 years of age is embarrassing. What if necessary precautions are taken and yet such child still bedwets? Anyway, it's left for the OP to filter the truth out of every contributions.

Your bizzwazz madam. You should have told him to watch war room too na. Lol grin cheesy cheesy
Re: BED-WETTING: How Can I Stop It? by Oyindaberry(f): 12:49pm On Oct 09, 2016
rvpbae:

Your bizzwazz madam. You should have told him to watch war room too na. Lol grin cheesy cheesy

War room is meant for marital issues not bed wetting.
Re: BED-WETTING: How Can I Stop It? by rvpbae: 4:30pm On Oct 09, 2016
Oyindaberry:

War room is meant for marital issues not bed wetting.

I see you don't recognize sarcasm cry
Re: BED-WETTING: How Can I Stop It? by kmaxx(m): 6:27pm On Oct 09, 2016
babyt66:
Watsapp me on 08032493281

I am finding it little difficult connecting you on whatsapp. If you wouldn't mind. Kindly drop me a message or better still, come online.
Re: BED-WETTING: How Can I Stop It? by Oyindaberry(f): 8:21pm On Oct 09, 2016
rvpbae:

I see you don't recognize sarcasm cry
tongue[quote author=rvpbae post=50056319] I know you're saying one thing but implying the opposite.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Wash Your Vegetables Before Or After Cutting! / BREAKING NEWS: Nigerian Pastor, Apostle Olopade Elijah Heals COVID 19 Patient / Dark Armpit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.