Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,459 members, 7,850,598 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:23 AM

Why The Gospel? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why The Gospel? (598 Views)

Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! / Preaching The Gospel Or Preaching MMM / The Gospel Of Barnabas Laid To Rest! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Gospel? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 08, 2016
The gospel (good news) of Christ is more than just glorious. All that Christ is, died for, and rose again, now sitting at the right hand of God the father, is what the good news is all about. I would say the word 'good' news has not truly been able to fully described the essence of the finished work of Christ this past centuries. I guess it's quite safe to call it 'the BEST (superlative) NEWS.'

Hey, don't tell me the gospel of Christ is not glorious or enticing in itself. If it's not enticing, gracious, and glorious with all splendor, why will "...the god (Satan) of this world blind or has blinded the minds of them which believe not?"
He does so, to deprive or prevent "the light of the GLORIOUS gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, to shine unto them." (See 2 Cor. 4:4).

In knowing this bible truth, one is literally empowered to not stop preaching and representing the gospel (good news) of Christ to the world.

I, Precious E. Erhauyi is simply saying (just like Paul), "I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation (soteria) to every one that believes..." Rom 1:16. God bless y'all richly.

#WeRepTheGospel
#OasisInitiatives

- Oasis Initiatives 'The Iceberg'
http://facebook.com/oasisinitiatives
Re: Why The Gospel? by Seun(m): 8:16pm On Oct 08, 2016
What makes you so sure that this gospel you're preaching is true?
Re: Why The Gospel? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 09, 2016
The gospel of Christ is so true and glorious with all splendor because 'I am a living proof.' Trust me when I say so!
Re: Why The Gospel? by EyeHateGod: 12:38pm On Oct 09, 2016
PreciousErhauyi:
The gospel of Christ is so true and glorious with all splendor because 'I am a living proof.' Trust me when I say so!
Same thing people "living" in other faiths would say so what makes urs any different ?
Re: Why The Gospel? by EyeHateGod: 12:39pm On Oct 09, 2016
PreciousErhauyi:
The gospel (good news) of Christ is more than just glorious. All that Christ is, died for, and rose again, now sitting at the right hand of God the father, is what the good news is all about. I would say the word 'good' news has not truly been able to fully described the essence of the finished work of Christ this past centuries. I guess it's quite safe to call it 'the BEST (superlative) NEWS.'

Pls Which Of The Christ Are u Talking About ?
Re: Why The Gospel? by Seun(m): 1:17pm On Oct 09, 2016
PreciousErhauyi:
Would you devote your entire life to Islam because a muslim on the Internet told you that he is a living proof of the gloriousness of Islam?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why The Gospel? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 09, 2016
The answer y'all seek is in my exposition:

I, Precious E. Erhauyi is simply saying (just like Paul), "I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation (soteria) to every one that believes..." Rom. 1:16.

The Greek word translated salvation in this context is 'soteria' which simply means:

Thayer's Definition: G4991

1. Deliverance, preservation, safety, salvation
2. Salvation as the present possession of all true Christians
3. Future salvation, the sum of benefits and blessings which the Christians, redeemed from all earthly ills, will enjoy after the visible return of Christ from heaven in the consummated and eternal kingdom of God.

The finished work of Jesus Christ has much more to offer, of which I am most blessed/privileged to be a partaker of the inheritance wrapped up in the revelation of the Word of God, and not just in the letter!
Re: Why The Gospel? by Seun(m): 8:10pm On Oct 09, 2016
Wow, he left. What was he afraid of?
Re: Why The Gospel? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 09, 2016
Seun:
Wow, he left. What was he afraid of?
you ofcourse tongue tongue
Re: Why The Gospel? by Codedrock(m): 1:20pm On Oct 10, 2016
Seun:
Would you devote your entire life to Islam because a muslim on the Internet told you that he is a living proof of the gloriousness of Islam?
grin grin
Response of the month.

(1) (Reply)

Daily Spiritual Digest: The Unsearchable God / Why No One Is Talking About The Terror Attack That Left Multiple Muslims Dead. / What Happened During A Church Programme Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.