Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,188 members, 7,839,042 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? (49682 Views)

Governor In Kenya Donates Oversized Shoes To Primary School Pupils (Photos) / 7 Types Of Classmates We Had In Primary School (Throwback) / "Will You Go Back To Primary 6 For 50billion Naira?": See Funny Comments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 09, 2016
used that criteria to get into primary school, very annoying, my hand didn't reach my ears,but I was admitted because I did well in the test I was given, plus begging from my mum
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 09, 2016
y'all should stop the pretence. if it actually happened in your time, you should be 60 and above or dead.
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by MARKone(m): 1:39pm On Oct 09, 2016
When Boys were Men.
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by prinsam30: 1:40pm On Oct 09, 2016
abeg where I go watch this naija match
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by Julietcutie(f): 1:40pm On Oct 09, 2016
grin
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by gsainttrinity(m): 1:40pm On Oct 09, 2016
Half all those claiming to Do it before admission into primary school.. Where not even born then.. All these small children be claiming!!
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 09, 2016
gsainttrinity:
Half all those claiming to Do it before admission into primary school.. Where not even born then.. All these small children be claiming!!

exactly. they can lie. that's something their grandparents experienced not them. They only heard the stories.
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by justi4jesu(f): 1:44pm On Oct 09, 2016
fogechi:
I remember those days when before you enroll for primary school your finger must touch your ear.

A lot of children were denied admission because of it.

Is that why you are purnishing that boy? cheesy
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 09, 2016
If you did that and you haven't married yet, then you are being chased from from!!!

lolz
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by anonimi: 1:50pm On Oct 09, 2016
Genius101:
e don tey wey naija don dey frustrate person unto sch matter

That was NOT frustration.
It was to ensure that all children in the Western region under Awo's premiership (1954-1960) were COMPULSORILY enrolled in primary schools for FREE based on the TAXES paid by:

- farmers,
- artisans,
- entrepreneurs and
- employees.

That is what gave many of today's so called elites their breakthrough in life- when they and/or their parents benefitted from the free education, which they have FAILED to replicate thus the widespread REGRESSION in our society.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1522997_bomadi_primary_jpeg032c5435f6e2155773054653ef75b849

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Oct 09, 2016
Lol. I remember my 'lesson teacher' telling me about that.
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by Bollinger(m): 1:51pm On Oct 09, 2016
project8:
life was fun then not like this indomie generation kids

Life was definitely not fun then. It sucked. Walking miles and miles to school, teachers could pretty much do whatever they wanted with you, zero electricity, walking miles to fetch water, etc. I honestly don't know what your definition of fun is but that was not fun. The only thing fun back then was soccer.
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 09, 2016
Those where the period, only the fairly tall are allowed in school...

This Naija Sef
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by ceejay80s(m): 1:58pm On Oct 09, 2016
Dem do am for me o!! But I passed because my hand long pass iroko tree sef
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by hucienda: 2:03pm On Oct 09, 2016
Bantino:
Hahahaaa

This will never make sense to the Indomie generation

Indomie generation cheesy

Whoever coined that is wikid! grin
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by diva90: 2:04pm On Oct 09, 2016
I remember
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by ceejay80s(m): 2:06pm On Oct 09, 2016
prinsam30:
abeg where I go watch this naija match

U fit watch am for cool FM
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by emeritus00(m): 2:07pm On Oct 09, 2016
I was rejected twice in those days because I could not speak clearly. If not my uncle's sake whose his wife was a teacher in primary school I would have waited till I clocked ten b4 I starting primary schoool because I started speaking clearly when I was in pry 4. So that was not only criteria they use in those days. They expected you to have learnt some things at home. You will be asked to count certain number of small stones. Asked you to do some addition and substration. They expected you to have been speaking clearly.
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by Ibro2005: 2:08pm On Oct 09, 2016
This remind me when we go there with my brother, but am little taller than him. So he cant touch his ear. They hav rejected him.

But when he keep crying... they just took him with me.
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by kuss: 2:11pm On Oct 09, 2016
menix:
OP, am sure u re above 60yrs because that was the criteria used on my dad in the 50's/60's..

I started primary school in the 80's nd I did not encounter such criteria...
you schooled in city that's why you didn't encounter such
for those of us that attended village schools in the eighties we feel the op
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by amagunnerfan: 2:13pm On Oct 09, 2016
This shiit made my younger sister senior me for 3 years for school.

I was/am almost a dwarf.
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 09, 2016
samsam2019:
if you're not 40 or very close to 40 then you're lying
. . . . You are very good in guessing bro.

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by Jacko1(m): 2:17pm On Oct 09, 2016
The boy get big head sha
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by sweetcocoa(f): 2:17pm On Oct 09, 2016
Abeg which year that one happen? Only heard it from like way way older folks, hmm old people dey NL sha.
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by holamillion(m): 2:17pm On Oct 09, 2016
fogechi:
I remember those days when before you enroll for primary school your finger must touch your ear.

A lot of children were denied admission because of it.

Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by wisebenmorr(m): 2:24pm On Oct 09, 2016
Tolexander:
nope!

One's hand must touch the ear, not one's hand must pass the ear ma! cheesy

Before one's hand must pass the ear, one must have almost passed teenage.

@Topic, who ever thought about or set that standard for primary school admission must have been so high on something else. I don't think it must have been the missionaries.

sure, its definitely not d missionaries. who ever introduced DAT policy should come openly even from grave for true repentance and forgiveness of sins.
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by misspatsy(f): 2:29pm On Oct 09, 2016
I started schooling before I clocked 2,I never experienced this
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Oct 09, 2016
do u think today educational sector are getting it .
how I wish op are educated in those day embarassed
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by Btruth: 2:29pm On Oct 09, 2016
Can you imagine? Thank God for the new era. grin

The young guy in the OP picture should be ready to write JAMB self for this new era.....lol.
Re: Who Remembers When This Was A Criteria For Entry To Primary School? by prinsam30: 2:30pm On Oct 09, 2016
ceejay80s:

U fit watch am for cool FM

bad badder baddest, guy u well so

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Student Enters In A Tunnel Because Of Rain / How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. / Governor Akeredolu Rehabilitates OAUSTECH Abandoned For 8 Years (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.