Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,797 members, 7,827,943 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

The Armed Robbers Vs 3 Years Old Kid ( Short Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Armed Robbers Vs 3 Years Old Kid ( Short Story) (1091 Views)

Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old / How Beans Saved Us From Armed Robbers / 3 Years Relationship: It Was Over Before I Knew It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Armed Robbers Vs 3 Years Old Kid ( Short Story) by Goahead(m): 1:52am On Oct 09, 2016
A house wife running away from her husband with her three years old son after being battered by her abusive hubby. But then, things took another dimension when she unluckily or maybe luckily ran into armed robbers on her way to Benue state.
As she finished packing some of her belongings around 7PM, she took the next available bus to her hometown, Makurdi, Benue state. Her husband back home in Lafia, got some information that there was armed robbery between the jungle of Nasarawa and Benue states, he immediately initiated a call to his wife's brother, telling him to call his sister and warn her of an impending danger along the way. As she was called by her brother at almost 1 kilometer to the exact place of the crime scene, she told the driver to stop the bus. She also told her fellow passengers that there was armed robbers on the way that she won't continue with the journey anymore. "I'd rather go and sleep inside this bush (pointing towards the forest) than to have the robbers rape me or beat me up since I don't have anything with me", they tried their best to calm her down, convincing her that there's no robbery. She took a look at her sleeping son and said NO Way! I'm going to pass the night inside the bush and continue my journey tomorrow. At this point the driver was visibly angry as he headed to his seat and sped off. She took some few meters away from the point and wallowed inside of the bush. After rigorous walking, she found a place she perceived as a 'SAFE PLACE' under a tree and lay her son down after laying one of her wrappers. Fast forward to about 10PM, when those robbers finished with their operations and were coming back to their base which is about 30 meters away from this woman and her son. By then she was fast asleep, but luckily her son was awaken by the noise, torchlights and jubilations of the armed bandits. He stood up walked towards to the robbers who has already seated in a circle, putting their loots and weapons in the center. This innocent looking kid tapped one of the robbers on the back and said "Baba".! They turned around and behold what that freaked them out and everyone was running in the air like this dude below

The katakata coupled with the child's cry woke the mom up, she was astonished seeing her son far away crying with flashing torchlight on the ground. As she trembly grabbed her son, picked one of the torchlights, looted the loots again and off she changed position.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3151673_20151204113833_jpeg25719eca6166cb50c81acea3d203497f
Thanks for your audience.

2 Likes

Re: The Armed Robbers Vs 3 Years Old Kid ( Short Story) by ourkobo: 1:52am On Oct 09, 2016
Re: The Armed Robbers Vs 3 Years Old Kid ( Short Story) by dankorode(m): 8:37pm On Mar 04, 2018
Nice one.
Re: The Armed Robbers Vs 3 Years Old Kid ( Short Story) by Ayemileto(m): 8:32am On Mar 05, 2018
cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Mods delete this topic pls / Chronicles Of Ediomo / Article Writers Needed, Make 80k Monthly For Writing Articles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.