Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,924 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

Dear Atheists, Who Does This Style Of Argument Remind You Of? Lol - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dear Atheists, Who Does This Style Of Argument Remind You Of? Lol (2898 Views)

There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe / Atheists Who Believe In Reincarnation , Spirits , Voodoo Share Their Knowledge / A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Atheists, Who Does This Style Of Argument Remind You Of? Lol by JackBizzle: 10:10am On Oct 09, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9LM4HOXw0c

Note how he adds strawmen and ignores the obvious points so as to focus on a silly point.

cc Hahn, hopefullandlord, plaetton, Deepsight, cloudgoddess , ifenes , Coldhardtruth, johnnydon22

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dear Atheists, Who Does This Style Of Argument Remind You Of? Lol by hahn(m): 12:00pm On Oct 09, 2016
In this recession you dey post video.

Don't you know god is limiting the mb of atheists tongue

1 Like

Re: Dear Atheists, Who Does This Style Of Argument Remind You Of? Lol by JackBizzle: 12:04pm On Oct 09, 2016
hahn:
In this recession you dey post video.

Don't you know god is limiting the mb of atheists tongue

lol......12mb no too much naa
Re: Dear Atheists, Who Does This Style Of Argument Remind You Of? Lol by peterphd(m): 12:08pm On Oct 09, 2016
Nothing wrong there. Just more race baiting and more left inclined journalists trying to force everyone to get with the program
Re: Dear Atheists, Who Does This Style Of Argument Remind You Of? Lol by hahn(m): 2:13pm On Oct 09, 2016
peterphd:
Nothing wrong there. Just more race baiting and more left inclined journalists trying to force everyone to get with the program

You mean to say the officers were right?
Re: Dear Atheists, Who Does This Style Of Argument Remind You Of? Lol by peterphd(m): 2:20pm On Oct 09, 2016
hahn:

You mean to say the officers were right?
I mean to say the left leaning journalists are pushing the victimhood agenda too hard on everybody. Playing the racist, sexist (misogynist), political correctness card everytime. White people should be given a break too you know.The Arabs too had slaves but they aren't bashed and shamed for being Arabs like the whites are for being whites.

1 Like

Re: Dear Atheists, Who Does This Style Of Argument Remind You Of? Lol by hahn(m): 2:23pm On Oct 09, 2016
peterphd:

I mean to say the left leaning journalists are pushing the victimhood agenda too hard on everybody. Playing the racist, sexist (misogynist), political correctness card everytime. White people should be given a break too you know.The Arabs too had slaves but they aren't bashed and shamed for being Arabs like the whites are for being whites.

That one dey.

Does that make the officers right?
Re: Dear Atheists, Who Does This Style Of Argument Remind You Of? Lol by peterphd(m): 2:43pm On Oct 09, 2016
hahn:

That one dey.

Does that make the officers right?

No, extrajudicial killings are not right.
Re: Dear Atheists, Who Does This Style Of Argument Remind You Of? Lol by JackBizzle: 2:44pm On Oct 09, 2016
peterphd:

Are you a black man?

Or a white man in a black body? Oreo? Uncle Tom? Coconut?

The officers were wrong in most of the cases. There is no victimhood agenda here. There are only black victims in this case. How do you explain a black boy of 12 being shot because he was playing with a toy gun?

Also, you even defeat your point- how many liberals live in Arab countries? huh?

1 Like

Re: Dear Atheists, Who Does This Style Of Argument Remind You Of? Lol by peterphd(m): 3:52pm On Oct 09, 2016
JackBizzle:

Are you a black man?

Or a white man in a black body? Oreo? Uncle Tom? Coconut?

The officers were wrong in most of the cases. There is no victimhood agenda here. There are only black victims in this case. How do you explain a black boy of 12 being shot because he was playing with a toy gun?

Also, you even defeat your point- how many liberals live in Arab countries? huh?
Hahaha.. Name calling. It's funny that you think anyone that speaks against the harassment and insults white people face because they're white is an uncle Tom. Have you looked at cases of violence against cops? No prizes for guessing which race comes out with all guns blazing. The episode involving a 12 year old is sad but isn't racially motivated as you can't even tell us of the officer knew the gun wasn't real. My point about Arabs isn't defeated because Arabs don't receive half the vitriol white people when they decide to use common sense policies.
Re: Dear Atheists, Who Does This Style Of Argument Remind You Of? Lol by JackBizzle: 4:33pm On Oct 09, 2016
peterphd:

Hahaha.. Name calling. It's funny that you think anyone that speaks against the harassment and insults white people face because they're white is an uncle Tom. Have you looked at cases of violence against cops? No prizes for guessing which race comes out with all guns blazing. The episode involving a 12 year old is sad but isn't racially motivated as you can't even tell us of the officer knew the gun wasn't real. My point about Arabs isn't defeated because Arabs don't receive half the vitriol white people when they decide to use common sense policies.

The standard police procedure when having an armed suspect is to park at a safe distance, disembark then take cover and then, ask the suspect to lay down his arms. If the suspect resists, then shooting is in order.

However the police drove up to the boy and shot him. Are the cops not mean't to ask questions again? Or are they meant to shoot before asking questions.

I am starting to wonder if you have ever lived abroad. The fact is that police are harsher on black people.

Your point about blacks committing certain crimes is meaningless and besides the point. Should we maltreat white people since they are the highest consumers of cocaine and also the highest offenders when it comes to white collar crimes in America or the UK? Should we maltreat Arabs because some of their brothers are suicide bombers?

The fact remains that unarmed black people are more likely in the USA to die by cop.

1 Like

Re: Dear Atheists, Who Does This Style Of Argument Remind You Of? Lol by hopefulLandlord: 4:43pm On Oct 09, 2016
JackBizzle:

The standard police procedure when having an armed suspect is to park at a safe distance, disembark then take cover and then, ask the suspect to lay down his arms. If the suspect resists, then shooting is in order.

However the police drove up to the boy and shot him. Are the cops not mean't to ask questions again? Or are they meant to shoot before asking questions.

I am starting to wonder if you have ever lived abroad. The fact is that police are harsher on black people.

Your point about blacks committing certain crimes is meaningless and besides the point. Should we maltreat white people since they are the highest consumers of cocaine and also the highest offenders when it comes to white collar crimes in America or the UK? Should we maltreat Arabs because some of their brothers are suicide bombers?

The fact remains that unarmed black people are more likely in the USA to die by cop.

Re: Dear Atheists, Who Does This Style Of Argument Remind You Of? Lol by peterphd(m): 4:58pm On Oct 09, 2016
JackBizzle:

However the police drove up to the boy and shot him. Are the cops not mean't to ask questions again? Or are they meant to shoot before asking questions

I don't condone the killing of a 12 year old no matter the race. The fact remains that whites are shamed by the politically correct establishment by branding every white solidarity move or statement as racist. Case in point. http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/263351/actor-jesse-williams-bet-awards-blame-whitey-rant-crystal-wright
If a white person had said something remotely close to this, he'd be clubbed to death on social media and he'd probably lose his livelihood and endorsement deals (for sportsmen). Why does every other race claim to be a victim of the white one?
Re: Dear Atheists, Who Does This Style Of Argument Remind You Of? Lol by JackBizzle: 5:08pm On Oct 09, 2016
peterphd:

I don't condone the killing of a 12 year old no matter the race. The fact remains that whites are shamed by the politically correct establishment by branding every white solidarity move or statement as racist. Case in point. http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/263351/actor-jesse-williams-bet-awards-blame-whitey-rant-crystal-wright
If a white person had said something remotely close to this, he'd be clubbed to death on social media and he'd probably lose his livelihood and endorsement deals (for sportsmen). Why does every other race claim to be a victim of the white one?

Good.

If a man beats a woman, he will be nationally shamed, he will lose his job and then go to jail for assault.
If a woman beats a man, it wont make news and she might even escape jail because the man might be too ashamed to say the truth.

Why are women treated with a softer hand when it comes to domestic violence? Why the double standard? The double standard exists because men are overwhelmingly the offenders when it comes to domestic abuse.

This same double standard exists when a black man does racist stuff versus when a white man does racist stuff- White people in the history of America have gotten away with so much racism that every black case of racism seems almost insignificant.

Is it fair? No. But it is understandable.

Still, if I have black friends saying racist stuff against whites, I stop and correct them.
Re: Dear Atheists, Who Does This Style Of Argument Remind You Of? Lol by hahn(m): 5:52pm On Oct 09, 2016
peterphd:

No, extrajudicial killings are not right.

Re: Dear Atheists, Who Does This Style Of Argument Remind You Of? Lol by plaetton: 6:10pm On Oct 09, 2016
peterphd:

My friend, I have no idea what you're trying prove here.

There are no sizeable diaspora blacks in Arab countries.
Arab countries don't even pretend to be Democratic. So please stop insulting us with this " Arab" deflection of a critical issue.

There was an interesting documentary few weeks ago about white attitudes towards blacks and crime.

About 5 white youths( actors) , dressed in hoodies, were staged on a white neighborhood trashing a car and making a lot of noise.
White folks walked by, looked at the youths , few questioned them, by walked quietly away.

An just few streets away, 4 black youths( actors) were staged inside a car, pretending to be sleeping.

Guess what happened ?

White folks walking by called 911 to report the presence of black youths planning a robbery.

Later, the situations were reversed.
Black youths were staged on the same spot, trashing the same car in the white neighborhood.
Guess what happened? Almost all the white folks walking by called 911 to report the incident to the police.

So you have the same scenario, with black youths and white youths, but the reactions are totally different.
The same goes for the police in the manner that they respond to black youths and crime.

1 Like

Re: Dear Atheists, Who Does This Style Of Argument Remind You Of? Lol by JackBizzle: 6:16pm On Oct 09, 2016
plaetton:

My friend, I have no idea what you're trying prove here.

There are no sizeable diaspora blacks in Arab countries.
Arab countries don't even pretend to be Democratic. So please stop insulting us with this " Arab" deflection of a critical issue.

There was an interesting documentary few weeks ago about white attitudes towards blacks and crime.

About 5 white youths( actors) , dressed in hoodies, were staged on a white neighborhood trashing a car and making a lot of noise.
White folks walked by, looked at the youths , few questioned them, by walked quietly away.

An just few streets away, 4 black youths( actors) were staged inside a car, pretending to be sleeping.

Guess what happened ?

White folks walking by called 911 to report the presence of black youths planning a robbery.

Later, the situations were reversed.
Black youths were staged on the same spot, trashing the same car in the white neighborhood.
Guess what happened? Almost all the white folks walking by called 911 to report the incident to the police.

So you have the same scenario, with black youths and white youths, but the reactions are totally different.
The same goes for the police in the manner that they respond to black youths and crime.

I wouldnt mind a link to the video.....

Here is a similar scenario
-a white boy stealing a bicycle; no one bothers
-a black boy stealing a bicycle; people start asking questions and wanting the cops to know

The boys were of similar age and were wearing the same clothes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge7i60GuNRg
Re: Dear Atheists, Who Does This Style Of Argument Remind You Of? Lol by plaetton: 6:41pm On Oct 09, 2016
JackBizzle:

I wouldnt mind a link to the video.....

Here is a similar scenario
-a white boy stealing a bicycle; no one bothers
-a black boy stealing a bicycle; people start asking questions and wanting the cops to know

The boys were of similar age and were wearing the same clothes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge7i60GuNRg

It was a TV documentary.
Let me search and see it I can find it online.
Re: Dear Atheists, Who Does This Style Of Argument Remind You Of? Lol by plaetton: 6:49pm On Oct 09, 2016
Re: Dear Atheists, Who Does This Style Of Argument Remind You Of? Lol by DeepSight(m): 4:04pm On Oct 10, 2016
plaetton:
@jackBizzle.

You can find the documentary here.

http://www.racismreview.com/blog/2009/11/30/what-would-you-do-racism-in-public-surveillance/

Plaetton, the Video has been taken down, but note one of the commentaries on the page - It says -

"I would like to see a study done like that where Caucasians were placed in a neighborhood that was primarily another ethnic group. Have a group of three black children beat a car in a primarily black neighborhood, and then have three white children do the same thing. It seems only fair to do the study both ways, so that we could see if there was a bias in the black neighborhood against the children who looked as if they “didnt belong there,” in the same way the black children aroused more response in the primarily white neighborhood. As it stands, it seems to me that people are definitely discriminating, but the design of the program does not tell us if this form of discrimination is exclusive to whites or not. These kinds of videos can also skew the perception of people, in this case into thinking that racism or discrimination against outsiders is something unique to whites. I suspect, it is not. I suspect if the experiment were reversed, and you put the exact same children in the same situation in a primarily black neighborhood, the white children would be the ones catching the most flack."

Surely this is a valid point?

PS: I do not agree at all with Peterphd though. The tendency for cops to snuff out black lives with minimal excuse is palpable and real.
Re: Dear Atheists, Who Does This Style Of Argument Remind You Of? Lol by plaetton: 4:14pm On Oct 10, 2016
DeepSight:

Plaetton, the Video has been taken down, but note one of the commentaries on the page - It says -

"I would like to see a study done like that where Caucasians were placed in a neighborhood that was primarily another ethnic group. Have a group of three black children beat a car in a primarily black neighborhood, and then have three white children do the same thing. It seems only fair to do the study both ways, so that we could see if there was a bias in the black neighborhood against the children who looked as if they “didnt belong there,” in the same way the black children aroused more response in the primarily white neighborhood. As it stands, it seems to me that people are definitely discriminating, but the design of the program does not tell us if this form of discrimination is exclusive to whites or not. These kinds of videos can also skew the perception of people, in this case into thinking that racism or discrimination against outsiders is something unique to whites. I suspect, it is not. I suspect if the experiment were reversed, and you put the exact same children in the same situation in a primarily black neighborhood, the white children would be the ones catching the most flack."

Surely this is a valid point?

PS: I do not agree at all with Peterphd though. The tendency for cops to snuff out black lives with minimal excuse is palpable and real.
I do understand whee you're coming from, DS, but the reality is that white folks feel an almost natural threat in the presence of black youths. I have not personally seen or heard of black folks feeling threats of imminent danger in the presence of white youths.
I would probably say that it is more likely that black folks in black neighborhoods would behave in similar manner towards black youths that the whites did.
I do blame media stereotyping for this problem.

(1) (Reply)

Christian Brainwashing VS Islam Brainwashing / Good And Evil / Causes Of Atheism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.