Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,808 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Sexist Sparta Prague Players Told To Train With Women’s Team - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sexist Sparta Prague Players Told To Train With Women’s Team (630 Views)

Nigeria Bobsled Women Team Qualifies For 2018 Winter Olympics / PSG Force Hatem Ben Arfa To Train With Reserves / Eniola Aluko Speaks Out About Racist Abuse In The English Women Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sexist Sparta Prague Players Told To Train With Women’s Team by earthbest(m): 7:44pm On Oct 09, 2016
I know some of my guys will see as an opportunity ........MEANWHILE

The Czech club have condemned their players, who will now serve as ambassadors for the female side's Champions League games
Sparta Prague duo Lukas Vacha and Tomas Koubek have been told to train with the club’s women's team after they were sexist towards female referee Lucie Ratajova.
Ratajova was at the centre of a storm as Sparta drew 3-3 with Zbrojovka Brno last weekend, with the equalising goal coming in the 92nd minute from an action that was deemed to be offside.

Vacha and Koubek reacted angrily towards the official, with the former posting a Tweet with the referee’s picture and a caption that translates: ‘To the cooker’. Koubek, meanwhile, told the press after the game: “In my opinion, women should stay in the kitchen and not officiate men’s football.”
Sparta's general director, Adam Kotalik, said: “As much as I understand that the boys were full of emotions after the finish of yesterday’s game, there are some boundaries that they cannot cross in their statements.

“As well as serving as ambassadors of the team at the UEFA Women’s Champions League games, they will both report to the boss of Sparta women’s teams Dusan Zovinec and will take part at some of the training sessions with one of our women’s team to see with their own eyes that the women can be skilful somewhere else than in the kitchen, too.”

Czech FA chairman, Miroslav Pelta, said: “I would like to emphasise that women are and will be an important part of football and their presence in its structures and at the stands is important for football.
“Football belongs to the wide public including families and women. We are trying to accommodate them and such statements are totally unacceptable. It will certainly be a topic at the next FA executive board meeting and I expect the disciplinary committee to react to it in a corresponding way.”

(1) (Reply)

SEVEN Super KIDS Likely To Be SUCCESSFUL Like Their Fathers / Playboy Model And P0rn Star Sues Plastic Surgeon Over Her Decomposing Bum (photo / Lessons About Life That Football Betting Taught Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.