Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,164 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Cannot Uninstall Android Apps? See Reasons - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Cannot Uninstall Android Apps? See Reasons (393 Views)

4 Dangerous Apps You Should Uninstall / This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! / Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cannot Uninstall Android Apps? See Reasons by rammyblog: 10:22pm On Oct 09, 2016
Hey Guys, Today i downloaded an Android App but after installing and i discovered it was not needed, i could not uninstall it. Then i noticed it did not show up in my apps list again. Installing was an easy task, uninstalling proved hard. If you are encountering this same problem then the two scenarios below might just be the cause.

#1: App is Set As Administrator
Certain Apps Need special access, and i do not mean root access. Certain administrator access – apps that do can set passwords, lock/unlock the phone, track its location, and lots of other neat stuff. In the latter case, you won't be able to uninstall an app without revoking its
administrator access first.

To Revoke The Administrator Access:
To disable an application's administrator access, go to your
Settings menu, find "Security" and open "Device Administrators". See if the app in question is marked with a
tick. If so, disable it. Now go to your apps manager – the application should now be uninstallable.

#2: The app is bloatware or part of
the Android system

Actually i hate bloatware apps(Android System Apps) because they consume lot of space. Take for example my phone came with 2gb pre-installed apps. But they just what you cannot do without. But you can stop it from wasting your resources other than storage space.
This is done from the app manager in the Settings menu - see if the app gives you a "Disable" or "Turn off" option. To enable the app at a later time, swipe to the right-most tab in
your app manager.

In my next post i would teach you guys how to uninstall Bloatware or System Apps.

Source: http://www.rammyblog.com.ng/2016/10/cannot-uninstall-android-apps-see.html
Re: Cannot Uninstall Android Apps? See Reasons by rammyblog: 10:26pm On Oct 09, 2016
lalasticlala.. take to promise land pla

(1) (Reply)

How To Use Google’s Apps Without Getting Spied On / [daily Update] Android App Deals - Post Here / thread closed due to duplication

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.