Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,953 members, 7,814,234 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Queens College Lagos @89 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Queens College Lagos @89 (1081 Views)

The Situation In Queens College Is A Public Health Emergency -chidi Odinkalu / Official Statement From Queens College Management + The Protest Ongoing*Photos* / Parent Reporting Queens College Management For Coverup Of Child Molestation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Queens College Lagos @89 by siamia(f): 2:30am On Oct 10, 2016
Today is 10th of October 2016. A special day in a great school called Queens College, right here in Lagos, Nigeria.

At the 10th hour of Monday, the 10th day of the 10th month, October, of 1927, our Queen's College, Yaba, Lagos, was born with a clear mission: 'To be the foremost girls' secondary school leading in academics and character, achieved through sound moral, quality and sustainable education.'

I am privileged to be a part of this noble college, class of 89. As QC girls all over the world join hands to celebrate 89yrs today, may God continue to keep our flag flying!
Class of 89, we are a special Class, as we mark 89years of producing women of impact!

Great to be in the QC Girls Class of 89, celebrating 89 years of producing women of excellence. Seems just like yesterday, when I came to QC in 1983 for the first time....a scrawny little 10year old, mortified because I was leaving home and comfort for the first time, to join other scared kids in Boarding school! I recall being placed in Emotan house, and our House color was green. I got a top bunk in a dorm that had at least 40 kids occupying 20 bunk beds.
I recall crossing the quadrangle to get to the huge dining hall for meals. I remember the long trek from the boarding house to the main area where our intimidating classroom blocks stood.
We had six houses in the Boarding: Obasa house (blue), efunjoke (purple), obong house (brown), Dan fodio house (red), Emotan house (green) and obi house (yellow).
During my time, we had three principals, Mrs Kafaru, Mrs Ejueyitchie and Mrs Namme.
I started in form one, and in 1988, the ssce business was introduced. My six years there had some crazy moments...lol
But we all wept when it was time to grow up, throw away our Biros, berets and those awful uniforms (yep), and finally graduate!

Now 27yrs later, all I can say is: Thank you Jesus!!
I still remember class of 89 sisters like Biani, Vinitha, Awoba, Kelechi, Tokunbo, the Nwagwugwu twins, and Hannatu, to mention a few.
I also remember dear friends departed from this sinful world, who should have been here, like Fadeke Benson, who died of leukemia, those who died in ill fated plane crashes, and one sickness or the other.
Well, we give God praise! In all things, we remain thankful!
I am glad I attended such a great school!

#PassOnTheTorchStillBrightlyShining#
Re: Queens College Lagos @89 by YhungPablo(m): 9:05am On Oct 10, 2016
cool stories. an happy for the QC.. What of KC?
Re: Queens College Lagos @89 by siamia(f): 11:29am On Oct 10, 2016
I can only speak for QC...,lol bcs I didn't attend KC....lol. However my elder bro did, so I'll ask him to start a thread on his memories of that lovely college.
Did u attend KC? And if u did, what Class?

YhungPablo:
cool stories. an happy for the QC.. What of KC?
Re: Queens College Lagos @89 by YhungPablo(m): 12:37pm On Oct 10, 2016
siamia:
I can only speak for QC...,lol bcs I didn't attend KC....lol. However my elder bro did, so I'll ask him to start a thread on his memories of that lovely college.
Did u attend KC? And if u did, what Class?

no ma.

(1) (Reply)

University Of Hertfordshire, Uk Is Taking Applications For Jan, 2017!!! / Business Card Of 4 Powerful People In The World / Our Journey Through DNA - A Recursion Of Journey Of Sun Through The Cosmos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.