Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,659 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:38 PM

2017 Brides, Get In Here! - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / 2017 Brides, Get In Here! (3816 Views)

2018 Brides To Be, Get In Here / 2017 Brides And Bridesmaids To Be, GET In Here!!!!!!! / Photos From A Ugandan Mass Wedding As 200 Brides Wed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2017 Brides, Get In Here! by SteLette(f): 9:36am On Oct 10, 2016
So, Im plannning my wedding for March 2017 and finding it quite difficult to find a Nigerian discussion forum where brides to be can liase with each other and discuss wedding plans!
So I decided to open this wedding planning thread so we can do just that!

I guess we can start by introducing ourselves and discussing what stage we are in our wedding plans, asking quations and hopefully getting answers from experts or fellow to be brides!!!!

I'll start....

Brief Introduction

My boo proposed to me on the 16th of July 2016 and we almost immediately stated making wedding plans. Personally, I have always been a planner and prior ro the proposal, drawn up an estimated budget for my wedding. I guess what Im finding is reality is very different from imagination..lol.
As for our introduction, it was done in absentia - his people went to see mine about a month and half after the proposal and it all went swimmingly well. it was a small and intimate affair. I got sent pictures which made me shed a tear or two as it all seemed like its actuially happening!!!!!!!

Wedding Planner
So, as it willbe almost impossible to organise my wedding from the UK, We decided it was only wise to get an event planner to sort out the day for us. I managed to contact a few in Lagos and the prices I was quoted shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked ......I was speechless at times. Also, our wedding will be in Benin city, all the good wedding planners in Lagos will charge out of service area costs so the costs keep rising. I managed to find a wedding planner with a reasonable invoice though but my fiance and I later decided to go with one of his friends who has organised weddings in the past, has very good taste in style and knows Benin quite well so we will stick with her and see and how she does.
I'll also keep in touch with the event planner as they can both work together to hopefully bring my dreams into reality on my big day?

Venue
this has been up in the air and been the singular most tricky issue about this wedding.
For the traditional, that will be in my fathers house as per tradition. For the Church wedding, we are looking for an anglican church in benin that will wed us. We managed to find one, but its been over a month of trying to get someone to contact us and fix a date. Yes, we know the wedding will happen in March, but it has to be between the 1st and 3rd week in March as we have other commintements before and after then.
We just need someone to tell us, OK, we will happily wed you on the 4th, 11th or 18th of March. then we can plan everything else around that time.
The reception venue will again depend on the church venue. We have been advised to have the reception close to the church so attendees can easily commute to the venue. With this in mind, I have had a look at some venues I'd love to have out reception in...Protea Hotel comes up top. I called them up and found them to be quite affordable. However, their venue will only sit 180 guest so that was immediately struck off the lost as we are looing at at least 300 guests.
Alos considered Best Western hotel and the Marquee place. However, these hotels are all based in G.R.A and the church we are in contact with is in Ugbovwo..and I hear its quite a distance between the two venues. I have searched online fruitelessly for nice reception venues in Ugbovwo, if anyone knows of any, please contact me.
Also, my dad has offered a vast peiece of land ghe owns in benin for the wedding reception, he says we could put up a marquee....I was very happy with this idea until I lookied up marquee prices, we might as well get a reception venue. It'll actually cost ius more to hire tyhe marquee, set up and hire charis, tables etc. No need.

I'll stop here for now, lets hear the other brides of 2017!

2 Likes

Re: 2017 Brides, Get In Here! by youngest85(m): 10:00am On Oct 10, 2016
Joblessness
Re: 2017 Brides, Get In Here! by shollyblingzy: 10:33am On Oct 10, 2016
youngest85:
Joblessness

whats the beef all about? instead of u to rejoice with those that is that time to be celebrated, so that your can as well can come, you are there beefing her...smh angry
Re: 2017 Brides, Get In Here! by shollyblingzy: 10:36am On Oct 10, 2016
SteLette:
So, Im plannning my wedding for March 2017 and finding it quite difficult to find a Nigerian discussion forum where brides to be can liase with each other and discuss wedding plans!
I guess we can start by introducing ourselves and discussing what stage we are in our wedding plans, asking quations and hopefully getting answers from experts or fellow to be brides!!!!
I'll start....
Brief Introduction
My boo proposed to me on the 16th of July 2016 and we almost immediately stated making wedding plans. Personally, I have always been a planner and prior ro the proposal, drawn up an estimated budget for my wedding. I guess what Im finding is reality is very different from imagination..lol.
As for our introduction, it was done in absentia - his people went to see mine about a month and half after the proposal and it all went swimmingly well. it was a small and intimate affair. I got sent pictures which made me shed a tear or two as it all seemed like its actuially happening!!!!!!!
Wedding Planner
So, as it willbe almost impossible to organise my wedding from the UK, We decided it was only wise to get an event planner to sort out the day for us. I managed to contact a few in Lagos and the prices I was quoted shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked ......I was speechless at times. Also, our wedding will be in Benin city, all the good wedding planners in Lagos will charge out of service area costs so the costs keep rising. I managed to find a wedding planner with a reasonable invoice though but my fiance and I later decided to go with one of his friends who has organised weddings in the past, has very good taste in style and knows Benin quite well so we will stick with her and see and how she does.
I'll also keep in touch with the event planner as they can both work together to hopefully bring my dreams into reality on my big day?
Venue
this has been up in the air and been the singular most tricky issue about this wedding.
For the traditional, that will be in my fathers house as per tradition. For the Church wedding, we are looking for an anglican church in benin that will wed us. We managed to find one, but its been over a month of trying to get someone to contact us and fix a date. Yes, we know the wedding will happen in March, but it has to be between the 1st and 3rd week in March as we have other commintements before and after then.
We just need someone to tell us, OK, we will happily wed you on the 4th, 11th or 18th of March. then we can plan everything else around that time.
The reception venue will again depend on the church venue. We have been advised to have the reception close to the church so attendees can easily commute to the venue. With this in mind, I have had a look at some venues I'd love to have out reception in...Protea Hotel comes up top. I called them up and found them to be quite affordable. However, their venue will only sit 180 guest so that was immediately struck off the lost as we are looing at at least 300 guests.
Alos considered Best Western hotel and the Marquee place. However, these hotels are all based in G.R.A and the church we are in contact with is in Ugbovwo..and I hear its quite a distance between the two venues. I have searched online fruitelessly for nice reception venues in Ugbovwo, if anyone knows of any, please contact me.
Also, my dad has offered a vast peiece of land ghe owns in benin for the wedding reception, he says we could put up a marquee....I was very happy with this idea until I lookied up marquee prices, we might as well get a reception venue. It'll actually cost ius more to hire tyhe marquee, set up and hire charis, tables etc. No need.

congratulations dear, happy planning , but are you sure you would able to get an Anglican church that would be willing to join you during that period of march, as it would fall within the lenten period, and as far as I know, no anglican church wed any couple during lenten period, #jst my opinion
Re: 2017 Brides, Get In Here! by SteLette(f): 11:49am On Oct 10, 2016
Oh wow, Thanks for the heads up, I never even considered that. Thats the problem, no one is talking to us! All we have had is an assurance by a church worker that its fine to have the wedding in March but no one is telling us anything!

shollyblingzy:

congratulations dear, happy planning , but are you sure you would able to get an Anglican church that would be willing to join you during that period of march, as it would fall within the lenten period, and as far as I know, no anglican church wed any couple during lenten period, #jst my opinion
Re: 2017 Brides, Get In Here! by SteLette(f): 11:50am On Oct 10, 2016
youngest85:
Joblessness

But, why not waka pass? I wrote this up just before I started work this morning......u? how far?
Re: 2017 Brides, Get In Here! by imohchard(m): 1:36am On Oct 13, 2016
I can help you look for event centres within the location you want... Hook me up on whatsapp 09034310695
Re: 2017 Brides, Get In Here! by bakeuhappy: 6:59pm On Oct 14, 2016
Congrats dear in advance!
As regards marquee how about using canopies which are a lot cheaper than renting halls?since March isn't a wet month . or use an open tenth which is cheaper like this one in pix below.

Re: 2017 Brides, Get In Here! by Agbo2(m): 5:43am On Oct 15, 2016
Congratulations to all 2017 brides!
Call us on 08032011435 for free consultation on how to keep your wedding within budget!
- Olive Cakes & Events, Akowonjo, Lagos.
Re: 2017 Brides, Get In Here! by Nobody: 8:42pm On Oct 15, 2016
SteLette:

I'll start....

Brief Introduction

Wedding Planner

Venue

Wow!! Beautiful Write Up! I am having collywobbles already...lol..I sent you a PM as regards souvenir options..Congratulations!
Re: 2017 Brides, Get In Here! by Sassejoli: 10:00pm On Oct 18, 2016
SteLette:

I'll start....

Brief Introduction

Wedding Planner

Venue

My dear congratulations!! I am almost in the same boat as you as I am trying to plan mines for either November or December and I had a Lagos based wedding planner give me a quote of 800,000 naira shocked shocked undecided and I want to hire her because I love her work but that price! and she said because the wedding is in Benin City, I would have to pay for her and her team's transportation fare and their housing accommodation cry undecided haaa! so now I am stuck. My intro is in December and I want to try to meet as much wedding planners as I can. Someone suggested Eco trends events. I didn't contact them yet though. I need wedding planner recommendations
Re: 2017 Brides, Get In Here! by Nobody: 6:15am On Oct 21, 2016
Sassejoli:

My dear congratulations!! I am almost in the same boat as you as I am trying to plan mines for either November or December and I had a Lagos based wedding planner give me a quote of 800,000 naira shocked shocked undecided and I want to hire her because I love her work but that price! and she said because the wedding is in Benin City, I would have to pay for her and her team's transportation fare and their housing accommodation cry undecided haaa! so now I am stuck. My intro is in December and I want to try to meet as much wedding planners as I can. Someone suggested Eco trends events. I didn't contact them yet though. I need wedding planner recommendations

Hello there,

I contacted you on your wedding and even sent you a PM..I am based in Warri and I know of good wedding planners based here..They can tailor everything you need down to your needs..That being said,I also suggested Warri because of proximity...I wish you all the best

1 Like

Re: 2017 Brides, Get In Here! by SteLette(f): 10:07pm On Oct 21, 2016
Jadeite:

Wow!! Beautiful Write Up! I am having collywobbles already...lol..I sent you a PM as regards souvenir options..Congratulations!

Thanks dear, I cant see your messages, its frustrating as I got an email that you sent me a message...only I cant find it anywhere!!!I'll keep trying but thanks for responding smiley
Re: 2017 Brides, Get In Here! by Nobody: 10:10pm On Oct 21, 2016
fhf
Re: 2017 Brides, Get In Here! by SteLette(f): 10:13pm On Oct 21, 2016
Sassejoli:

My dear, the prices I've been quoted has entered millions! Just to organise o!!! I had to ask, biko, what else does this money include abeg? I had to readjust my brain fast. So, now looking for benin /warri based vendors. All the best ones are in lagos unfortunately undecided. I'll check out the eco trends folks you recommended. Im looking at ruruworldevents (instagram)..shes an event planner and does decor also, Im considering her...Goodluck with your upcoming intro, all the best!!!!!!
Re: 2017 Brides, Get In Here! by florahsignature(f): 11:12pm On Oct 22, 2016
Sassejoli:

You need not stress your head. I am a planner and wedding coordinator toocheck our page on IG @florahsignatures have worked with couple of top event planners in the industry chat me up on watsap 07068253023. Thanks
Re: 2017 Brides, Get In Here! by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 26, 2016
Congratulations to the year 2017 upcoming Brides,
Patronize us @Beads Haven and let us glamorize you with Handcrafted Beaded Jeweleries on the wedding day,

We also make themed Jeweleries that suits whatever theme your event is Having.

we make use of quality beading accessories and we deliver Nationwide!!

Call or WhatsApp: +2348130378438,
email address: icomfort9@gmail.com
Instagram: Beads_Haven
Address: Cele bus stop, Odo Ona Elewe, Orita Challenge, Ibadan.

call now, let's bring out the Glamour in you with Beads!!

Re: 2017 Brides, Get In Here! by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 26, 2016
LaHeiress

1 Like

Re: 2017 Brides, Get In Here! by dupsydooo: 7:35pm On Dec 26, 2016
For your bridal wears call 07030262342
Re: 2017 Brides, Get In Here! by 1730planners(f): 4:32pm On Dec 28, 2016
Are you getting married in 2017 and need a planner?

You've got us.
Your weddings do not need to be expensive to be memorable
Trust us at 1730planners to make your day magical!

Contact us today
Whatsapp/call-08096205367

Or follow us on instagram @1730planners

lets start planning!!!

1 Share

Re: 2017 Brides, Get In Here! by sallyandrew: 1:55pm On Feb 06, 2017
congratulations dear, i am also a 2017 bride but for now am thinking about my intro which is coming up this month and my TM in April, for the white wedding we have not agreed on a date yet because it will depend on the traditional. for the 1st intro i am thinking of what to wear!!!! anyways May God bring our desires and dreams to come without hitches in Jesus Name!. also my colours are ash, red and n navy blue, but my fiance's favourite colour is coffee brown, he loves this colour so much that most of the things he buys are coffee brown but i don't know how to include that in my planing, i can substitute the blue but not the ash and red, but at the same time i don't want it to be all about me.......
Re: 2017 Brides, Get In Here! by dupsydooo: 7:40am On Feb 08, 2017
[quote author=sallyandrew post=53470063]congratulations dear, i am also a 2017 bride but for now am thinking about my intro which is coming up this month and my TM in April, for the white wedding we have not agreed on a date yet because it will depend on the traditional. for the 1st intro i am thinking of what to wear!!!! anyways May God bring our desires and dreams to come without hitches in Jesus Name!. also my colours are ash, red and n navy blue, but my fiance's favourite colour is coffee brown, he loves this colour so much that most of the things he buys are coffee brown but i don't know how to include that in my planing, i can substitute the blue but not the ash and red, but at the same time i don't want it to be all about me.......[/quote

That's so romantic
Re: 2017 Brides, Get In Here! by dammydope: 12:42pm On Feb 10, 2017
Please I have also fixed my wedding for December, though it seems far enough but I want to plan everything early. The problem is I don't know where to start from. Thanks

1 Like

Re: 2017 Brides, Get In Here! by Nobody: 10:18am On Feb 11, 2017
dammydope:
Please I have also fixed my wedding for December, though it seems far enough but I want to plan everything early. The problem is I don't know where to start from. Thanks

Hello,
Are you based in the South?? I know someone that can help you with planning
Re: 2017 Brides, Get In Here! by irynterri(f): 5:12pm On Feb 12, 2017
hi,please am also a 2017 bride, pls how much does it cost to hire a professional event decorator,like the instagram ones I see?
Re: 2017 Brides, Get In Here! by Nobody: 6:38pm On Feb 12, 2017
irynterri:
hi,please am also a 2017 bride, pls how much does it cost to hire a professional event decorator,like the instagram ones I see?

I sent you a pm
Re: 2017 Brides, Get In Here! by irynterri(f): 7:41pm On Feb 12, 2017
Jadeite:

I sent you a pm
I no longer use that mail. .u can send it to
Re: 2017 Brides, Get In Here! by dehazeevents(f): 11:12am On Feb 14, 2017
Congratulations to all 2017 Brides.Congratulations!!!
You've just gotten engaged, what next...
Wedding plans
At DHE we've got various packages to suit every bride to be.
We aim to Wow our clients with creativity and expertise!
Contact us today for free consultations.
WhatsApp: 08074474117.

Happy Valentines Day to you all!!!

Re: 2017 Brides, Get In Here! by dehazeevents(f): 11:21am On Feb 14, 2017
dammydope:

Contact us today! We are happy to help, send your email we can start with a wedding checklist
Re: 2017 Brides, Get In Here! by dehazeevents(f): 11:27am On Feb 14, 2017
sallyandrew:
congratulations dear, i am also a 2017 bride but for now am thinking about my intro which is coming up this month and my TM in April, for the white wedding we have not agreed on a date yet because it will depend on the traditional. for the 1st intro i am thinking of what to wear!!!! anyways May God bring our desires and dreams to come without hitches in Jesus Name!. also my colours are ash, red and n navy blue, but my fiance's favourite colour is coffee brown, he loves this colour so much that most of the things he buys are coffee brown but i don't know how to include that in my planing, i can substitute the blue but not the ash and red, but at the same time i don't want it to be all about me.......

Good thinking , so u both should meet half way . let trad/ intro be about him .... White weddings are usually about the brides. His obligations are to see your dreams come true! Contact us for a free consultation, you never know ! We might be all you need
Re: 2017 Brides, Get In Here! by diamondstar90: 1:50pm On Feb 23, 2017
Congratulations to all 2017 bride, I know am among them.
@ diamondstar bead and accessories we make your dreams come true.
Your gorgeous look our priority

09096502990 08143126287

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Need A Satisfying Dishes For Your Occasion / Son Of One Of The Mega Rich Igbo Lagosians Weds: Photo / Wedding Gowns In Warri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.