Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? (16240 Views)

What Are The Career Option For Biochemistry Graduate / What Are The Career Opportunities For A Nutrition And Dietetics Graduate / The Career Advice I Wish I Had At 25 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by MightySparrow: 8:20am On Oct 14, 2016
MissHatey:
Hi, I need ideas Please.

Anybody in the House .
Let's learn from each other.

plenty work to do.

Let them become Kings and Queens of English land (England).
We will pay homage to them. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by obiZEAL(m): 8:21am On Oct 14, 2016
Tytyluv:
I am also an English graduate but to get a job here in Warri is a talk of war.
youdonminit?
Graduate from which university?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by IamNawty(f): 8:21am On Oct 14, 2016
Kenshinmunac:

So you never enter skul abi grin

Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by femi4: 8:23am On Oct 14, 2016
MissHatey:
kiss kiss kiss
You don't find them interesting...... why not follow your passion. What you read in school might not even be related to your passion
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by vectoh(m): 8:23am On Oct 14, 2016
MissHatey:
Hi, I need ideas Please.

Anybody in the House .
English and social studies teacher in one private primary schl..
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by vectoh(m): 8:27am On Oct 14, 2016
allansie:
You can be a receptionist in a bet9ja shop
Kikikiki...person go go skul 4 aw many yrs...cum end up 4 bet9ja shop. grin
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by Sainttops(m): 8:28am On Oct 14, 2016
ellacute45:

Lol can't you teach? cheesy smiley
Bros pack well, teach ko lesson ni.
We are talking of big work.
Embassy, House of Assembly, Ministry If foreign affairs etc.
U kum dey call the teaching.
No provoke me o
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by vectoh(m): 8:30am On Oct 14, 2016
BossDanniee:
OP thanks 4 this topic..I'm also an English undergraduate under faculty of education..I think its lecturing
or teaching
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by Kenshinmunac(m): 8:32am On Oct 14, 2016
[quote author=IamNawty post=50185281][/quote]

Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by IamNawty(f): 8:39am On Oct 14, 2016
[quote author=Kenshinmunac post=50185523][/quote] cc Misshatey c ur frnd undecided I came as a frnd , stabbed me
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by billyG(m): 8:42am On Oct 14, 2016
MissHatey:
Hi, I need ideas Please.

Anybody in the House .
U can employ by politician as spokeperson,spine doctor to help them blow grammer.
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by Kenshinmunac(m): 8:43am On Oct 14, 2016
MissHatey:
OAU undecided
As for your question, check my thread again and I will answer you when you understand it perfectly. Gracias wink English tongue

Nice one. smiley
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 14, 2016
femi4:
You don't find them interesting...... why not follow your passion. What you read in school might not even be related to your passion
I find them interesting but choosing is my main problem
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by chaiks: 8:54am On Oct 14, 2016
Please wat of d career for an international relations and history students.
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by LoveJesus87(m): 8:54am On Oct 14, 2016
ellacute45:
Secondary school teacher
walai one bottle of La casera for you. grin You got it on point. Na dat one sure pass cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by kokomilala(m): 8:57am On Oct 14, 2016
Opportunities abound.You could work almost anywhere: media, diplomacy, trade union, sports administration, public relations etc.I graduated 12 years ago, cut my teeth in fitness, worked in the construction, had some spell in teaching, flirted with security intelligence etc.But, my love is with fitness and sports, even though I earn a living now in the construction sector.
Apart from that, personal development is key in order to be relevant in the job marketplace.In an ever changing world, employers of labour are relegating paper qualifications to the background and are picking up smart people.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by Daniyomex(m): 8:59am On Oct 14, 2016
allansie:
You can be a receptionist in a bet9ja shop
Will you be serious for a seconds please?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by Daniyomex(m): 9:01am On Oct 14, 2016
joezy23:
minister of finace grin
Kikiki
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by Donquahe(m): 9:05am On Oct 14, 2016
English is a very marketable course to study depending on your aque, you can become a lecturer, poetic, news caster or any media related field, But you know English studied person market him/her self because there is no magumagu for English wooooooooo, He who learned must know it well lol
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by Miladi(f): 9:08am On Oct 14, 2016
@OP

The truth is that any informed English language graduate - just like any informed graduate in other disciplines - has multitudes of establishments and sectors of the economy they can work for/with and established themselves in.

However, a just English language graduate that's not informed has a limited options.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by Sultty(m): 9:11am On Oct 14, 2016
MissHatey:
Hi, I need ideas Please.

Anybody in the House .
ucan work at a smart language interpreter at an embassy or consulate cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by Joygalore(f): 9:13am On Oct 14, 2016
I advise you learn French and German to widen your horizon
MissHatey:
Hi, I need ideas Please.

Anybody in the House .
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by samajoLucky: 9:16am On Oct 14, 2016
English graduates find opportunities with many different employers. Public and private sector organisations such as the National Health Service (NHS), educational institutions, local and national government, financial and legal firms, and voluntary and charitable organisations employ English graduates in a range of roles, including:

administration; research; finance; general management.
Other typical employers include: publishing companies; advertising marketing and public relations agencies; media organisations.
The retail, leisure and tourism sectors also typically recruit English graduates.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 14, 2016
Sainttops:

Bros pack well, teach ko lesson ni.
We are talking of big work.
Embassy, House of Assembly, Ministry If foreign affairs etc.
U kum dey call the teaching.
No provoke me o

Noted

Now swerve sad

1 Like

Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by Sultty(m): 9:29am On Oct 14, 2016
MissHatey:
Hi, I need ideas Please.

Anybody in the House .
ucan work as a smart language interpreter for an embassy or consulate cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by Foxie: 9:46am On Oct 14, 2016
Tytyluv:
I am also an English graduate but to get a job here in Warri is a talk of war.
English Graduate it's TUG OF WAR not TALK of WAR

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by notoriousbabe: 10:05am On Oct 14, 2016
MissHatey:
I prefer lecturing grin
both na the same jo
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by notoriousbabe: 10:10am On Oct 14, 2016
Sultty:
ucan work at a smart language interpreter at an embassy or consulate cool cool cool
he can also work as a moderator on nairaland
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by Missmossy(f): 10:35am On Oct 14, 2016
Lot of career opportunities, studied English language myself but it all depends on you. First you need to identify your skills. Be it soft skills, writing skills, verbal or oral skills etc. It's best you go for what interests you so that in the long run you don't get frustrated.

You could proceed with Masters in Journalism, mass communication, public relations and what have you. Or you could be like me by applying for a professional course to be a professional in whatever area or field you have chosen. You could go into Digital marketing also and diversify in closely related fields. If you are creative other juicy offers waiting to be grabbed. All in all just keep your eyes always for details and be on the look out for whatever new development thats comes up. English language has just so many opportunities, lecturing is another area with Masters you are good to go.

I could go on and on, let me stop here. You could do more research on people who you look up to to see how they made it. This helps and serves as a motivation all the time. All the best.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by COOL10(m): 10:49am On Oct 14, 2016
If u'r sure that's what u wanna read then go for it. Dont let anyone force u though. My sis graduated since 07 and was jobless till 2013. She had no choice than to go for it when the course she applied 4 wasnt gvn to her. She's still teaching.
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? by Artorius(m): 11:01am On Oct 14, 2016
From my experience in the diaspora' there's considerable demand for English graduates to teach ESL in east Asian countries, etc.
It will require a bit of work to get such an opportunity though.
Please don't ask me as I don't know how to.
It's just a thought

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Develops Three Retirement Schemes For Federal Civil Servants (names) / Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? / How To Cope With A 9 To 5 When You Are Not A Morning Person

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.