Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,681 members, 7,827,524 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

Nigerian Banking Industry Seen in ‘Full-Blown’ Credit Crisis - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Banking Industry Seen in ‘Full-Blown’ Credit Crisis (17543 Views)

Zenith, Access, GTB, FBN Battle For The Crown Of Nigerian Banking / Experts Advocates For Increased Digitization In Banking Industry / Afrinvest To Launch 2017 Nigerian Banking Sector Report At London Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Banking Industry Seen in ‘Full-Blown’ Credit Crisis by CSTR2: 10:37am On Oct 11, 2016
/
Re: Nigerian Banking Industry Seen in ‘Full-Blown’ Credit Crisis by naijaboy756: 10:37am On Oct 11, 2016
jomboliski:
9ja will rise again...
not when Buhari finishes it's burial

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Banking Industry Seen in ‘Full-Blown’ Credit Crisis by naijaboy756: 10:39am On Oct 11, 2016
CSTR2:
Tell your president to foolishly isolate the country like North korea and see if the rest of the world would care if Nigeria exists or not.
You can't keep going to the west for help and still not want them to have an opinion.
Your president is already scheduled to go to Germany.
central or western Germany?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Banking Industry Seen in ‘Full-Blown’ Credit Crisis by CSTR2: 10:40am On Oct 11, 2016
naijaboy756:
central or western Germany?
grin
Re: Nigerian Banking Industry Seen in ‘Full-Blown’ Credit Crisis by naijaboy756: 10:41am On Oct 11, 2016
CSTR2:
grin
grin happy recession. PMB the divine recessionist. Back to Back

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Banking Industry Seen in ‘Full-Blown’ Credit Crisis by ExInferis(m): 10:43am On Oct 11, 2016
Bloomberg has become nothing but a prophet of doom and gloom on nigeria's case
Re: Nigerian Banking Industry Seen in ‘Full-Blown’ Credit Crisis by naijaboy756: 10:45am On Oct 11, 2016
ExInferis:
how doo u mean? Is our economy not in recession as a result of the most clueless form of leadership globally?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Banking Industry Seen in ‘Full-Blown’ Credit Crisis by teemy(m): 10:47am On Oct 11, 2016
ExInferis:
when the weakened victim refuses to die vultures try to finish the job fast rather than hovering around.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Banking Industry Seen in ‘Full-Blown’ Credit Crisis by naijaboy756: 10:50am On Oct 11, 2016
teemy:
when the weakened victim refuses to die vultures try to finish the job fast rather than hovering around.
well said. Bar Man, give this guy one chilled bottle of recession. I will take care of the bill
Re: Nigerian Banking Industry Seen in ‘Full-Blown’ Credit Crisis by martineverest(m): 10:50am On Oct 11, 2016
naijaboy756:
afonja
ozuor! Who be afonja??..wailers everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Banking Industry Seen in ‘Full-Blown’ Credit Crisis by joinnow: 10:55am On Oct 11, 2016
Nigeria bank will be looking for money as show below.

Re: Nigerian Banking Industry Seen in ‘Full-Blown’ Credit Crisis by anonimi: 10:59am On Oct 11, 2016
veekid:
Bihari's change is corrosive

The illiterate dullard is so confused.
We are in trouble!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3633741_9jaintrouble_jpeg7d204565e27912ea7b3d41c7e31cf768

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Banking Industry Seen in ‘Full-Blown’ Credit Crisis by anonimi: 11:06am On Oct 11, 2016
naijaboy756:
grin happy recession. PMB the divine recessionist. Back to Back

Na real back to back oh bro.
The guy just dey carry BADLUCK for head like signboard.
Only sey their zombies were blinded by change chain chants to see the bad omen written all over his old tired face!!!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3906024_cmcdugtxeaadtaq_jpglarge_jpeg1de1569c071297410be4a6d98a3ed50a

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3515036_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2095210_worst_jpeg588f192a23aa02a7b350a8bbe5d18306

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Banking Industry Seen in ‘Full-Blown’ Credit Crisis by opribo(m): 11:17am On Oct 11, 2016
In all this write up not even a mention of Keystone bank, wonder really if any serious person still banks there.. Are they still existing or have they been aold away.
Re: Nigerian Banking Industry Seen in ‘Full-Blown’ Credit Crisis by PaulIdu: 11:17am On Oct 11, 2016
priceaction:
those money spent on the elections are too much and really caused alot . I doubt if they will really recover the bad loans. Many politicians and bank executives really gambled on the elections, and probably bank officials collect kick backs there by giving loans without collatera. And many that took loans refuse to pay, diverted the money abroad and kill the banks here. just look at the fayose case. We have never heard anything again since that "bursted" bubble by fayose, and to the best of my knowledge, the zenith bank/ cbn has not released official press statement concerning the allegations and counter allegations apart from the one without signature and logo. it is like we are really charmed in this country. Since then, all allegations have gone under cover.
Just look at JIMOH Ibrahim, one of those that wreck many banks here in nigeria with bad loans, having his own bank ,Energy Bank Sao Tome e Principe and ghana, but not in nigeria. The country really need cleanser to really clean all the rotten eggs by force and force.

Nonsense nonsense nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Banking Industry Seen in ‘Full-Blown’ Credit Crisis by Franky826: 11:25am On Oct 11, 2016
davide470:
All these Dubai-based Analysts that would not mind their business.

Why didn't they predict the fall of WellsFargo share price!?

No one predicts correctly in an unstable and volatile market. If not those who lost money and is still losing money in the Nigerian markets and elsewhere would have been safe. But one thing I know. History repeats itself and non can change that.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Banking Industry Seen in ‘Full-Blown’ Credit Crisis by opribo(m): 11:29am On Oct 11, 2016
Bubu does not have the intellectual know how of today's leadership skills to move this nation forward. He is just a disaster.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Banking Industry Seen in ‘Full-Blown’ Credit Crisis by preciousMI1(f): 11:54am On Oct 11, 2016
make I go withdraw my small money put for saving box..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Banking Industry Seen in ‘Full-Blown’ Credit Crisis by APCLyingBastard: 12:03pm On Oct 11, 2016
Why are they leaving money in the TSA?

Why not re-inject it back into the banks?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Banking Industry Seen in ‘Full-Blown’ Credit Crisis by APCLyingBastard: 12:09pm On Oct 11, 2016
The TSA wasn't designed to warehouse govt revenue and funds but rather to create a trackable system of accounting for govt revenue and expenditure.

Rather than keep 2.7trillion naira fallow in the CBN vaults why not after a specific period recirculate the funds back into the economy by loaning to commercial banks at low interests rates and then forcing down the lending rates of banks to help stimulate economic growth?

Now this would have been brilliant if not for the disastrous forex policy initiated by the buhari govt which if my proposal above is implemented will see investors taking cheap loans not to invest in tangible venture but to head straight to the parallel markets and exchange naira for dollars.

The only solution I can see out of this is for the naira to be fully floated in an open bidding session which eventually will see the naira stabilise around a manageable 270.

The govt will also have to address the huge forex wasted on fuel imports and sit down asap to pass the PIB in order to create investor confidence in the downstream sector.

Before this will happen genuine peace must return to the Niger Delta oil producing areas and for that to happen buhari must leave Aso Rock immediately.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Banking Industry Seen in ‘Full-Blown’ Credit Crisis by iamord(m): 12:25pm On Oct 11, 2016
Nigeria’s banking industry is experiencing a “full-blown financial crisis” as failed fiscal and monetary policies lead to a credit crunch, according to Arqaam Capital.

You know, He who thinks he is standing take heed lest he fall, I remember three years back The Ghanaian economy suffered a similar issue, lots and lots were said on here without even gaining full understanding of the issue, Instead of a lot of Nigerians to learn and quickly put their house in order, A lot were happy to see their neighbors economy go down in order to make fun of them,using it as a yard stick to show how your window dressed economy is better.. Forgetting that the foundation has been weak and a greater storm is coming ahead.
Re: Nigerian Banking Industry Seen in ‘Full-Blown’ Credit Crisis by Asiri1991: 12:36pm On Oct 11, 2016
So far Union Bank. I mean Union Home is not there, all is well.
Re: Nigerian Banking Industry Seen in ‘Full-Blown’ Credit Crisis by courage89(m): 12:49pm On Oct 11, 2016
This is interesting. Now that the price of crude oil is trending up, Dubai based asset manager see this as the best time to speculate on banking stocks. Why now? Why not a year ago or 6 months ago when the price of crude oil was trading at $26. That was when their trouble was more pronounced because of their debt exposure to oil and gas.

Non of these banks will fold up, worst case CBN will be forced to recapitalize them. I'm not worried at all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Banking Industry Seen in ‘Full-Blown’ Credit Crisis by yuskel(m): 2:19pm On Oct 11, 2016
phetto:
am tired of wailing everitym. Abeg make God just kill buhari, Notin is working in dis stupid government

Are you sure this is your sincere desire for him?
Hymmm!
Re: Nigerian Banking Industry Seen in ‘Full-Blown’ Credit Crisis by tiwiex(m): 3:35pm On Oct 11, 2016
davide470:
All these Dubai-based Analysts that would not mind their business.

Why didn't they predict the fall of WellsFargo share price!?
Maybe they did but we missed it. Just the way non-Nigerians won't make sense of our bank names. Wells Fargo share price crash is due to internal fraudulent issues which raised their number of customers and deposits indiscriminately. It had nothing to do with the economy so predicting that might have required a whistle blower or customer complaint which probably happened.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Banking Industry Seen in ‘Full-Blown’ Credit Crisis by tiwiex(m): 3:40pm On Oct 11, 2016
priceaction:
those money spent on the elections are too much and really caused alot . I doubt if they will really recover the bad loans. Many politicians and bank executives really gambled on the elections, and probably bank officials collect kick backs there by giving loans without collatera. And many that took loans refuse to pay, diverted the money abroad and kill the banks here. just look at the fayose case. We have never heard anything again since that "bursted" bubble by fayose, and to the best of my knowledge, the zenith bank/ cbn has not released official press statement concerning the allegations and counter allegations apart from the one without signature and logo. it is like we are really charmed in this country. Since then, all allegations have gone under cover.
Just look at JIMOH Ibrahim, one of those that wreck many banks here in nigeria with bad loans, having his own bank ,Energy Bank Sao Tome e Principe and ghana, but not in nigeria. The country really need cleanser to really clean all the rotten eggs by force and force.

Good points and obviously contributed to our situation. I notice you avoided talking about our fiscal and monetary policy somersaults over the last one year plus. You didn't mention TSA whose costs out-weigh its benefit considering the global economic melt down (bad timing, good idea on paper). The money should have stayed in the banks. Some of us scream that the banks should go and do proper banking. We talk like the TSA money in CBN gets more money to us than when they were with banks. You didn't talk about our Budget & Planning minister not fit for the job and his unknown contribution to the problems. Summary is the past contributed to the problems but the current have failed to show competence and have made a bad situation worse. Economic management is not about monitoring money. It is bout everything fitting together.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Banking Industry Seen in ‘Full-Blown’ Credit Crisis by sellydion: 3:50pm On Oct 11, 2016
I never follow Analysts? Use your head instead, it always pay.

They keep on raising false alarms with big grammars.
Re: Nigerian Banking Industry Seen in ‘Full-Blown’ Credit Crisis by teemy(m): 5:29pm On Oct 11, 2016
naijaboy756:
well said. Bar Man, give this guy one chilled bottle of recession. I will take care of the bill
grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Banking Industry Seen in ‘Full-Blown’ Credit Crisis by tuniski: 7:39pm On Oct 11, 2016
tiwiex:

Good points and obviously contributed to our situation. I notice you avoided talking about our fiscal and monetary policy somersaults over the last one year plus. You didn't mention TSA whose costs out-weigh its benefit considering the global economic melt down (bad timing, good idea on paper). The money should have stayed in the banks. Some of us scream that the banks should go and do proper banking. We talk like the TSA money in CBN gets more money to us than when they were with banks. You didn't talk about our Budget & Planning minister not fit for the job and his unknown contribution to the problems. Summary is the past contributed to the problems but the current have failed to show competence and have made a bad situation worse. Economic management is not about monitoring money. It is bout everything fitting together.
Gbam your head is there jare!
Re: Nigerian Banking Industry Seen in ‘Full-Blown’ Credit Crisis by ExInferis(m): 8:11pm On Oct 11, 2016
naijaboy756:
how doo u mean? Is our economy not in recession as a result of the most clueless form of leadership globally?

the entire global economy is in trouble cos the effects of the 2008 crisis are still lingering.

go read Bloomberg.

my only gripe is the near-daily fixation with strings of gloomy news.

we were once the happiest folk on earth despite sufferings...

we don't need painfully bleak omens of our futures.
Re: Nigerian Banking Industry Seen in ‘Full-Blown’ Credit Crisis by naijaboy756: 8:37pm On Oct 11, 2016
ExInferis:

the entire global economy is in trouble cos the effects of the 2008 crisis are still lingering.

go read Bloomberg.

my only gripe is the near-daily fixation with strings of gloomy news.

we were once the happiest folk on earth despite sufferings...

we don't need painfully bleak omens of our futures.
don't expect any goodnews from Buhari
Re: Nigerian Banking Industry Seen in ‘Full-Blown’ Credit Crisis by wealth123: 8:52pm On Oct 11, 2016
Are you sure of what you are saying? So those that ruled and ruined our economy for 16 years and in time of oil boom, are not to blame? Yours is a sorry case.
jimi4us:
Buhari have completely destroy this country Nigeria. I feel sorry for the next President that will come on board to clear the mess Buhari have brought to us.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Naira Now N166 To $1. Can Someone Tell Me What Is Happening? / First Bank Admits EFCC Investigation Over ‘diezani Funds’ / Does Travelling Abroad Truly Guarantee A Better Future?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.