Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (1065) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (799838 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1062) (1063) (1064) (1065) (1066) (1067) (1068) ... (1070) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:27pm On Apr 18
lovewins:

What's surprising is that Pulse Sport (though Uganda) reported this seeing that Kanu is one of their ambassador of some sort. Seeing that LGBT is largely not condoned in Africa both legally and morally, I really do not see why this is news worthy more so by a platform said player is partnered with.

I just tire, I wonder how much they did carry the Banyana Banyana Players that got Married to their Fellow Ladies.. Is more like tarnishing her image cause she never came out to say she’s one of them or make any relationship issues public.. This is so wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 8:02pm On Apr 18
lovewins:

What's surprising is that Pulse Sport (though Uganda) reported this seeing that Kanu is one of their ambassador of some sort. Seeing that LGBT is largely not condoned in Africa both legally and morally, I really do not see why this is news worthy more so by a platform said player is partnered with.
Just imagine! Why now try this? Nawa o
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:41pm On Apr 18
Never knew Chioma Okafor who plays for the University of Connecticut Athletics in the US is a dual Citizen of Malawi and Nigeria… She was born at Mwai Wathu in Blantyre, Malawi to a Malawian mother Patricia Okafor and a Nigerian Father.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 8:55pm On Apr 18
Deltamani:
Never knew Chioma Okafor who plays for the University of Connecticut Athletics in the US is a dual Citizen of Malawi and Nigeria… She was born at Mwai Wathu in Blantyre, Malawi to a Malawian mother Patricia Okafor and a Nigerian Father.

I think I knew this. Read about it a year or 2 ago. In real sense she's more Malawian than she is Nigerian cause she's lived most of her life there.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:54pm On Apr 19
Regina Otu was Played at Center Back against Lyon last Weekend!

https://www.youtube.com/live/wJxCNwDHzVA?si=0pA9IFGszTkYUk-u

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 5:31pm On Apr 19
Ann Katrin-Berger has moved from Chelsea to Gotham FC.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:23pm On Apr 19
Israel 🇮🇱 based former U20 international Midfielder Adebisi Saheed..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:25pm On Apr 19
Who Mama Onome dah Follow Do Again??

You don’t stay where you’re no longer needed but you still haven’t announced your retirement from the National team, Why not retire Respectfully, Any insults she gets na she call for am cause it’s very obvious that this issue is coming from the SuperFalcons end..!

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:34pm On Apr 19
Deltamani:

You don’t stay where you’re no longer needed but you still haven’t announced your retirement from the National team, Why not retire Respectfully, Any insults she gets na she call for am cause it’s very obvious that this issue is coming from the SuperFalcons end..!

How does Onome announcing her retirement affect us Will we get paid if she retires? Cos it is clear she won't be on the team in the foreseeable future and u are still complaining. People can retire and unretire very easily so I just can't understand what the moaning is about.
Instead of worrying about her safety in Israel we are talking about this? Embarrassing

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:24pm On Apr 19
BascoVanVeli:

How does Onome announcing her retirement affect us Will we get paid if she retires? Cos it is clear she won't be on the team in the foreseeable future and u are still complaining. People can retire and unretire very easily so I just can't understand what the moaning is about.
Instead of worrying about her safety in Israel we are talking about this? Embarrassing

Is non of my Business, I only brought it here because it was very clear that the issue on does concern the SuperFalcons and retirement.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 4:54am On Apr 20
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by dankorode(m): 8:26am On Apr 20
Deltamani:
if Nigeria invite am she no go think twice before honour the invitation

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 11:48am On Apr 20
Chiamaka wins player of the month in France, beating 2 Africans to the Award, Nice one Chisavy, just know say I dey ooo Amy bae

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:21pm On Apr 20
dankorode:
if Nigeria invite am she no go think twice before honour the invitation

U u go pick Malawi?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 2:07pm On Apr 20
So Barca need Oshoala. No 9 to do anything different vs Chelsea. Eeyah. She dey Bay.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:30pm On Apr 20
UEFA WOMEN'S CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
Semi Final, 1st Leg

BARCELONA 0-1 CHELSEA
⚽0 - 1 40' E. Cuthbert (🅰️ S. Nüsken)

Erin Cuthbert secures Chelsea FC's sole goal, dealing Barcelona a first-leg defeat in the UWCL.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 4:21pm On Apr 20
daveP:
So Barca need Oshoala. No 9 to do anything different vs Chelsea. Eeyah. She dey Bay.
How you take know? You dey part of coaching staff?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by dankorode(m): 4:36pm On Apr 20
BascoVanVeli:

U u go pick Malawi?
for where? ever since I start watching female football,I never heard anything related to Malawi female team qualify for nation cup
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:44pm On Apr 20
mostob:

The truth is Barca Lack of a Proper no.9 also affected them, didn’t you see how Chelsea no.9 Ramirez was holding the ball, bulldozing her way through using pace and physicality.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 5:08pm On Apr 20
She referred to a 'woman and mother, for that matter', which means it may not be a current player on the SF squad.
She seems to be looking for either attention or relevance. She since lost the 'respect' part, when she kept going on and on about being captain of the team, when it was clear the SF had since moved on.

Abegi, lets move away from the past and onto modern and more relevant issues.
Deltamani:

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 5:10pm On Apr 20
I detest that Barca coach, especially with how he was disrespectful to Oshoala and what she had done for Barca.
Wouldn't shed a tear if Barca loses across both legs (in fact, I will be elated!)

He will also likely fail in his next role, especially here in the US where he is supposedly coming.
Deltamani:

The truth is Barca Lack of a Proper no.9 also affected them, didn’t you see how Chelsea no.9 Ramirez was holding the ball, bulldozing her way through using pace and physicality.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 6:09pm On Apr 20
mostob:
Did you watch the game? IYKYk. Ramirez was playing like prime time Birgit Prinz and the barca defense was just lazy. Up front, Bonmati was ordinary. Salma was just indecisive and their sleek buildups died instantly as no number 9 upfront to bring new ideas like oshoala does when playing for Barca even as a bench player. Vicky na baller sha.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 6:24pm On Apr 20
daveP:
Did you watch the game? IYKYk. Ramirez was playing like prime time Birgit Prinz and the barca defense was just lazy. Up front, Bonmati was ordinary. Salma was just indecisive and their sleek buildups died instantly as no number 9 upfront to bring new ideas like oshoala does when playing for Barca even as a bench player. Vicky na baller sha.

Vicky no go trouble us for Paris so??
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 6:31pm On Apr 20
do4luv14:

Vicky no go trouble us for Paris so??
That geh go turn Alozie in and out if dem jam. If na Okeke or Nicole now, e go balance. She's slippery like a Traore but without baby oil😆
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 6:36pm On Apr 20
daveP:
That geh go turn Alozie in and out if dem jam. If na Okeke or Nicole now, e go balance. She's slippery like a Traore but without baby oil😆

Chaiii

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:59pm On Apr 20
daveP:

I love it when the no.9 is always Aggressive and Speedy upfront! Ramirez is a bully i swear! Coach Emma Hayed did well to render Aitana useless in the game, all her moves where fruitless. What Barca is Lacking is the Toch of Toughness which they need to find Solution to!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 7:01pm On Apr 20
daveP:
I didn't watch the game. Even though, I wouldn't cite Oshoala's absence as the reason they lost, but na God catch them sha. I don't know why they couldn't let this season finish before letting Asisat go.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 7:03pm On Apr 20
Deltamani:

Even when Oshoala was still with them, she was not starting regularly. I still think they would have won that match with or without that no 9.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:07pm On Apr 20
daveP:

If Alozie brings back her World Cup form fine, she can compete if not we would be needing a stubborn Right Back of either Okeke or Nicole!

Going physical against Spain with strong tackles and render them useless as they can’t compete, Infact going toe-to-toe with them like pressing them from their Box, wining our 1-V-1 battles will help. Parauello can’t really beat Ohale and Demehin if they go on a foot race for the ball as they’re also quick and you can hardly catch them off guard..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:35pm On Apr 20
UEFA Women’s Champions League

79” Lyon W (0) — (2) PSG W

44' Katoto M-A. (Baltimore S.) () [PSG]
48' Katoto M-A. [PSG]

https://www.youtube.com/live/OfDsu4kRLuo?si=f1wAckskYtUoo3OQ

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:46pm On Apr 20
87” Lyon W (3) — (2) PSG W

44' Katoto M-A. (Baltimore S.) [PSG]
48' Katoto M-A. [PSG]
80' Diani K. (Carpenter E.) [LYO]
85' Dumornay D. M. (Renard W.) [LYO]
86' Majri A. () [LYO]

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:59pm On Apr 20
UEFA WOMEN'S CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
Semi Final, 1st Leg

FT” OLYMPIQUE LYONNAIS 3-2 PSG
⚽0 - 1 44' M. Katoto
⚽0 - 2 48' M. Katoto
⚽1 - 2 80' K. Diani (🅰️ E. Carpenter)
⚽2 - 2 85' M. Dumornay (🅰️ W. Renard)
⚽3 - 2 86' A. Majri

What a Come back for Lyon from 2-0 down 79minutes..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1062) (1063) (1064) (1065) (1066) (1067) (1068) ... (1070) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.