Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,324 members, 7,819,107 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (1068) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (804542 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1065) (1066) (1067) (1068) (1069) (1070) (1071) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 5:21pm On Apr 23
Unrelated news: Here is Nigeria’s squad to the Bahamas world relays!
Even if no other Naija team secures an Olympic ticket, I’ll be banking on our women’s 4x100m relay team to book the ticket to Paris

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 7:41pm On Apr 23
PDPGuy:
Unrelated news: Here is Nigeria’s squad to the Bahamas world relays!
Even if no other Naija team secures an Olympic ticket, I’ll be banking on our women’s 4x100m relay team to book the ticket to Paris
No Ese Brume?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 8:31pm On Apr 23
mostob:
No Ese Brume?
She doesn’t do track, so can’t be on the relay teams
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 8:49pm On Apr 23
PDPGuy:
Ok
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:18pm On Apr 24
PDPGuy:

Actually I've seen a couple videos of her doing the 100m

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Sunnyson8: 2:08pm On Apr 24
From Heartland Queens to Fc Ordabasy women in Kazakhstan🇰🇿..

Congratulations to Nigeria Goalkeeper Akwasi Ugochi Cynthia who signed with Fc Ordabasy women's team in Kazakhstan

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Sunnyson8: 2:34pm On Apr 24
3 Nigeria Players Macleans Chinonyerem, Favour Emmanuel, Maryam Ezenagu were all in action..

https://vk.com/video-197469803_456241465?list=4667669d18b2f0053e

Here’s the Full game Clip between Lokomotiv Moscow and Zenit Women’s which was played Yesterday.!

A lot of Pace and Power at work here, A less physical Player will struggle in this league to be sincere, At least those Calling the Russian League Poor can see for themselves and do their ratings better.!

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 3:25pm On Apr 24
BascoVanVeli:

Actually I've seen a couple videos of her doing the 100m
Wow. Didn’t know
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:10pm On Apr 24
PDPGuy:

Wow. Didn’t know

Yea but maybe she's not as fast as the girls going to the relay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TX2o2gZh5E?si=kEZzIwtzbE7b0st_

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 8:22pm On Apr 24
BascoVanVeli:

Yea but maybe she's not as fast as the girls going to the relay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TX2o2gZh5E?si=kEZzIwtzbE7b0st_

Are track runs aren't serious races. It's is part of her practice regimen for her primary sport. She uses this sometimes to prepare.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 12:38pm On Apr 25
What's the latest on our Olympics prep? Or are nff so distracted by the SE appointment that they can concurrently focus on both? I observes NFF President went round visiting the SE players. Hope he was able to kill 4birds with 2 stones by visiting Falcons based in same countries with their male counterparts?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:13pm On Apr 25
Macleans Chinonyerem, Favour Emmanuel, Maryam Ezenagu were all in action..

https://vk.com/video-197469803_456241465?list=4667669d18b2f0053e

Here’s the Full game Clip between Lokomotiv Moscow and Zenit Women’s which was played on Monday Afternoon...!

A lot of Pace and Power at work here, A less physical Player will struggle in this league to be sincere, At least those Calling the R L Poor can see for themselves and do a better rating..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 2:36pm On Apr 25
daveP:
What's the latest on our Olympics prep? Or are nff so distracted by the SE appointment that they can concurrently focus on both? I observes NFF President went round visiting the SE players. Hope he was able to kill 4birds with 2 stones by visiting Falcons based in same countries with their male counterparts?

Olympic prep will probably start in June when the season is over so they still have time. It's also fair to state that the preparations isn't really within NFFs purview per se. Olympics is strictly under the NOC or better put the sports ministry. They are the ones to release money so really hope the sports ministry do what is required.

As per the NFF president's visit, he is primarily visiting players of the Super Eagles that got injured on National assignment (during the AFCON). I think it's laudable seeing the NFF usually abandons players whenever they get injured. If at all, only Demehin qualifies for a visit cause she also got injured on National assignment. I however don't think that's in their plans sha.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Sunnyson8: 3:12pm On Apr 25
lovewins:

Olympic prep will probably start in June when the season is over so they still have time. It's also fair to state that the preparations isn't really within NFFs purview per se. Olympics is strictly under the NOC or better put the sports ministry. They are the ones to release money so really hope the sports ministry do what is required.

As per the NFF president's visit, he is primarily visiting players of the Super Eagles that got injured on National assignment (during the AFCON). I think it's laudable seeing the NFF usually abandons players whenever they get injured. If at all, only Demehin qualifies for a visit cause she also got injured on National assignment. I however don't think that's in their plans sha.

I just hope Blessing Demehin recovers well and as quickly as possible for the Olympic Games as it seems her injury is taking a little more time now.. Thank Goodness the season in France ends in May.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 5:48pm On Apr 25
lovewins:

They should do fast. No dragging or embarrassing stories abeg. Nice one from Gusau anyways.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:08pm On Apr 25
The Flamingoes head coach, Olowookere Bankole has released the list of 25-player squad for the upcoming Dominican Republic 2024 FIFA U17 World Cup Qualifier match against Burkina Faso.

The Nigeria women's national under-17 football team (The Flamingoes) will face Burkina Faso on the 11th of May, 2024 in Burkina Faso.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 11:03pm On Apr 25
Deltamani:
The Flamingoes head coach, Olowookere Bankole has released the list of 25-player squad for the upcoming Dominican Republic 2024 FIFA U17 World Cup Qualifier match against Burkina Faso.

The Nigeria women's national under-17 football team (The Flamingoes) will face Burkina Faso on the 11th of May, 2024 in Burkina Faso.
uhmmm. Let's see sha. That Ekiti queens defender seen her play before. Let's see if she can do what it takes.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Sunnyson8: 10:43am On Apr 26
daveP:
uhmmm. Let's see sha. That Ekiti queens defender seen her play before. Let's see if she can do what it takes.

She share same name with the Coach though.
The media have been buzzing because of her, I hope she live up to the hype they’re pouring out on her, I haven’t watched her play so I can’t say! I will keep tabs on her as her position is somewhat we can easily spot out.

Olowookere Oluwatoyin Mary, born on the 13th of January 2008 (15 yrs) is a Nigerian🇳🇬 professional female footballer from Osun State who plays as a Left Full Back for NWFL-Premiership side, Ekiti Queens F.C

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:46am On Apr 26
Liga mx femenil 🇲🇽

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxE_b6a1xAc?si=K-BEQRnvqgiCS6ZV

Chiwendu Ihezuo scores a Brace with 1 Assist as Pachuca beat Club Tijuana away from Home…

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Sunnyson8: 11:02am On Apr 26
Deltamani:
Liga mx femenil 🇲🇽

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxE_b6a1xAc?si=K-BEQRnvqgiCS6ZV

Chiwendu Ihezuo scores a Brace with 1 Assist as Pachuca beat Club Tijuana away from Home…

Chinwendu is coming with full force 12goals in 15games, with the way Ifeoma Onumonu is struggling right now Ihezuo is already on the higher side of taking her spot. She’s in form and Randy need to take advantage of that.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:16am On Apr 26
🇳🇬 Uchenna Kanu and 🇲🇼 Temwa Chawinga now have 4 goals in 5 matches, leading the Golden Boot race alongside the Brazilian (Temwa's teammate at KC) Bia.

Chawinga has now scored 4 Goals and provided 2 Assists in 5 Matches.

If Uchenna Kanu can do better with her Finishing, she has a big chance of finishing among the top3 Top goal Scorers in the NWSL..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:26am On Apr 26
I talked about this Brazilian Bia Zaneratto sometime ago here, she’s deadly upfront especially with her Physical style of play just like Chawinga!

I know we have the likes of Christy Ucheibe, Halimatu Ayinde, Deborah Abiodun and the Defenders to do the job but Randy should better plot well.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:28am On Apr 26
Maclean Chinonyerem should do better and play her way to the tougher Leagues like the NWSL, she has the Physique, pace and finishing already but still need to improve on her Balling overall…

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:59pm On Apr 26
NWNT Olympic Roster Projection: Chinwendu Ihezuo continues her rise back as Ifeoma Onumonu's status unclear..

Goalkeepers (2); Chiamaka Nnadozie, Tochukwu Oluehi.

On the Bubble; Linda Juwuaku

Defenders (5); Osinachi Ohale, Blessing Demehin, Ashleigh Plumptre, Michelle Alozie, Chidinma Okeke.

On the Bubble; Nicole Payne, Rofiat Imuran.

Midfielders (5); Halimatu Ayinde, Christy Ucheibe, Deborah Abiodun, Onyi Echegini, Toni Payne.

On the Bubble; Regina Otu

Forwards (6); Asisat Oshoala, Rasheedat Ajibade, Uchenna Kanu, Esther Okoronkwo, Rinsola Babajide, Chinwendu Ihezuo.

On the Bubble; Ifeoma Onumonu, Monday Gift, Fransisca Ordega.

There's no real significant change in this mix for me from Randy Waldrum previous roster even with some recent injury concerns. Ashleigh Plumptre recently had a foot surgery but it’s very certain that she would be back Completely before 3months times except something happens again, With the return of Chidinma Okeke who can Play in all Positions in along the defense line it’s pretty okay to say that Nicole Payne chance is very slim..

Randy Favorite Ifeoma Onumonu who hasn’t found her footing yet at Utah Royals FC might have a tough time beating Chinwendu Ihezuo who’s in great form in Mexico for the last spot upfront..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:27pm On Apr 26
🚨Edo Queens have been financially rewarded with the sum of N5m by the state governor, Godwin Obaseki following their qualification for the NWFL Super Six.

The team finished second in Group B with 23 points during the regular season of the women’s domestic league.

#NWFL24

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 7:36am On Apr 27
Sunnyson8:

She share same name with the Coach though.
The media have been buzzing because of her, I hope she live up to the hype they’re pouring out on her, I haven’t watched her play so I can’t say! I will keep tabs on her as her position is somewhat we can easily spot out.

Olowookere Oluwatoyin Mary, born on the 13th of January 2008 (15 yrs) is a Nigerian🇳🇬 professional female footballer from Osun State who plays as a Left Full Back for NWFL-Premiership side, Ekiti Queens F.C

Is she the daughter of coach Olowookere Bankole?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:24pm On Apr 27
Good away win for Macleans Chinonyerem and Favour Emmanuel, Macleans was on the score Sheet today…!

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ThePresenceWtf: 6:52pm On Apr 27
Female Referees keep getting Incompetent by the minute. They used to actually be semi decent but not anymore....Smh

What a stupid red card to give?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ThePresenceWtf: 7:02pm On Apr 27
This Referee is an absolute joke!!!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:37pm On Apr 27
UEFA WOMEN'S CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
Semi Final, 2nd Leg

CHELSEA 0-2 BARCELONA
⚽0 - 1 25' Aitana Bonmatí (🅰️ Patri Guijarro)
⚽0 - 2 75' F. Rolfö (PK)

#UWCL

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:02pm On Apr 27
Good point raised by former Super Falcons captain Desire Oparanozie. 👏

I think Alhaji Ibrahim Gusau will consider this and extend the same gesture to the ladies who have always made us proud, just like the men. 🇳🇬

Good move from Alhaji Gusau 🇳🇬

What do you guys think?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1065) (1066) (1067) (1068) (1069) (1070) (1071) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Longneck and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.