Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,818 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (804361 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (1072) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 5:17pm On Feb 03, 2018
Its Nigeria 2 Cameroon 2
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:18pm On Feb 03, 2018
Oh thanks goodness! cheesy Thanks for the good news man... I am not watching.

I hope we can win this and go to Cameroun for real war because these away goals are already in Cameroun's favor unless we can go there and get goals too.

solonnachi:
Its Nigeria 2 Cameroon 2
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:26pm On Feb 03, 2018
54' Goooooall! Osaretin Ikekhua levels up for the Flamingos from a beautiful freekick. Nigeria 2-2 Cameroon
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 5:27pm On Feb 03, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Oh thanks goodness! cheesy Thanks for the good news man... I am not watching.

I hope we can win this and go to Cameroun for real war because these away goals are already in Cameroun's favor u less we can go there and get goals too.

But I am disappointed in this team starting from the coach, Bala Nkiyu. What had he been doing after the Ethiopian game. I pray we scale through.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:27pm On Feb 03, 2018
62' Nigeria 2-2 Cameroon
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:28pm On Feb 03, 2018
Mehn.... I won't lie to you... I was kinda concerned shaa about this game because of Cameroun's goals form against Algeria.

Against Ethiopia, our girls struggled and I expected Bala Nikyu to fix those frailties but now this..... Make we dey see shaa

solonnachi:

But I am disappointed in this team starting from the coach, Bala Nkiyu. What had he been doing after the Ethiopian game. I pray we scale through.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 5:33pm On Feb 03, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Mehn.... I won't lie to you... I was kinda concerned shaa about this game because of Cameroun's goals form against Algeria.

Against Ethiopia, our girls struggled and I expected Bala Nikyu to fix those frailties but now this..... Make we dey see shaa

That's the Nigerian mentality. We saw the handwriting on the wall but did nothing. If we eventually qualify, this team should be completely overhauled starting with the coach.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 5:35pm On Feb 03, 2018
77 mins still Nigeria 2-2 Cameroon
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:37pm On Feb 03, 2018
80' in Benin City: Nigeria 2-2 Cameroon #NGACMR

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:41pm On Feb 03, 2018
Guys I gotta tell ya.... I really have my fears for the second leg...Thsese Cameorounians got dangerous talismen in Marie and Kameni and will be much more motivated at home.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:47pm On Feb 03, 2018
90' in Benin City: Nigeria pressing hard to add the third but the visitors are unyielding. Still 2-2
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:54pm On Feb 03, 2018
FT in Benin City: Nigeria 2-2 Cameroon
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 6:03pm On Feb 03, 2018
l knew it, this is why l asked before the game...can they do better than what they did against Ethiopia?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:18pm On Feb 03, 2018
Well, now you have your answer my friend.... cry This is scary

Daejoyoung:
l knew it, this is why l asked before the game...can they do better than what they did against Ethiopia?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:22pm On Feb 03, 2018
Thank you for the updates Sir Schemerkhiz and Sir Solonnachi..... You guys are true MVPs. Thanks so much. I appreciate it.

The result is not a good one really but we hope Nikyu and his crew come up with some magical turnaround. A goalless draw in Cameorun won't do... A 1-1 draw also won't do... Our girls have do a mission impossible. Going to Cameroun and beating that dangerous free scoring Cameroonian team. Wish them the best shaa but this is so not encouraging.... sad
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 6:26pm On Feb 03, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Thank you for the updates Sir Schemerkhiz and Sir Solonnachi..... You guys are true MVPs. Thanks so much. I appreciate it.

The result is not a good one really but we hope Nikyu and Hus crew dome up with some magical turnaround. A goalless draw in Cameorun won't do... A 1-1 draw also won't do... Our girls have do a mission impossible. Going to Cameroun and bearing that dangerous free scoring team. Wish them the best shaa but this is not not encouraging.... sad
You could see what the coach did with the previous u17 team, they weren't at their best in that world cup, and now this!
Whatever happens in a fortnight, l'd say the coach should be fired, maybe his approach is just too negative or not daring enough, hence not suitable for a typical raw Nigerian female soccer team.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:31pm On Feb 03, 2018
I agree. Even if he gets pass Cameroon (which I doubt he would even if I want him to), he should go. This is appalling

Daejoyoung:

You could see what the coach did with the previous u17 team, they weren't at their best in that world cup, and now this!
Whatever happens in a fortnight, l'd say the coach should be fired, maybe his approach is just too negative or not daring enough, hence not suitable for a typical raw Nigerian female soccer team.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 6:31pm On Feb 03, 2018
Daejoyoung:

I second this motion. This is the point Thomas Dennerby should come in.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 6:34pm On Feb 03, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

The result is not a good one really but we hope Nikyu and his crew come up with some magical turnaround. A goalless draw in Cameorun won't do... A 1-1 draw also won't do... Our girls have do a mission impossible. Going to Cameroun and beating that dangerous free scoring Cameroonian team. Wish them the best shaa but this is so not encouraging.... sad

Thanks Sir Supernerd for your patriotism. Hope the Flamingos will perform a miracle in Cameroon

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:03pm On Feb 03, 2018
solonnachi:

Thanks Sir Supernerd for your patriotism. Hope the Flamingos will perform a miracle in Cameroon

On the flamingoes, we hope for that miracle... It will be real war in Cameroun. We stand on the verge of missing out on the U-17 Women's WC for the first time in our history. sad

Anyway, You are welcome Sir Solonnachi. smiley We will keep doing our best to fly the flags high even as we all pursue our real lives unto excellence too .... Welcome to the team Man...... Welcome....

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 10:44pm On Feb 03, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

On the flamingoes, we hope for that miracle... It will be real war in Cameroun. We stand on the verge of missing out on the U-17 Women's WC for the first time in our history. sad

Anyway, You are welcome Sir Solonnachi. smiley We will keep doing our best to fly the flags high even as we all pursue our real lives unto excellence too .... Welcome to the team Man...... Welcome....

You are welcome Sir Supernerd
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:28am On Feb 04, 2018
Coach Bala Nkiru has never been helpful to the girls right from when he started coaching the girls from 2013/14 till present, He took the girls to the 2014 and 2016 world Cup and there was no good result while not drop him after those poor performances..

Though NFF contributed majorly to the poor run of the Flamingoes in the qualifiers, when they new the girls have a competition to play they refused to wake up early.. Allowing them to camp just less than 3weeks to their first game.

They thought the idea of camping every 2weeks to competition would help this young girls, one of the reason Superfalcons players still perform a bit after poor preparation is because they are matured, most of them are talented and have played together from the junior level.
NFF can't do the same with this young ladies U17 for that matter.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:03am On Feb 04, 2018
The 2 girls that scored the cameroonian goals against the Flamingoes yesterday in Benin.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:05am On Feb 04, 2018
Can our Flamingoes still Qualify for the world Cup?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:12am On Feb 04, 2018
Schemerkhiz:
Can our Flamingoes still Qualify for the world Cup?

I will just say my own, if they don't qualify heads should roll.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 9:19am On Feb 04, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

I will just say my own, if they don't qualify heads should roll.
The coach should be fired, l think the former u20 coach who managed the likes of Assisat Oshoala in 2014, should take over for now.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:04am On Feb 04, 2018
Daejoyoung:

The coach should be fired, l think the former u20 coach who managed the likes of Assisat Oshoala in 2014, should take over for now.

I can't fathom how Bala kept his job while Dedevbo got fired. But I would like the NFF to give our former Super Falcons more shots at coaching jobs. We should not have casted away Florence Omagbemi, she proved herself worthy and at the least she should be understuding our current coach. Most countries have female coaches for their female teams and the NFF should be working towards that.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 10:12am On Feb 04, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

I can't fathom how Bala kept his job while Dedevbo got fired. But I would like the NFF to give our former Super Falcons more shots at coaching jobs. We should not have casted away Florence Omagbemi, she proved herself worthy and at the least she should be understuding our current coach. Most countries have female coaches for their female teams and the NFF should be working towards that.
l think the nff has a silent grudge with Omagbemi over the disgrace from the salary saga at the aftermath of the 2016 AWCON.
But this is the hypocrisy of the nff, the super eagles could disgrace them anytime for non payment of salaries, but when the super falcons do thesame the nff takes it personal.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:28am On Feb 04, 2018
Daejoyoung:

l think Amaju has a silent grudge with Omagbemi due to the disgrace from the salary saga at the aftermath of the 2016 AWCON.
But this is the hypocrisy of the nff, the super eagles could disgrace them anytime for non payment of salaries, but when the super falcons do thesame the nff takes it personal.

I saw the WAFU list and I was just in shock. U are right, the NFF gets extra petty when the SF are involved. They cost the country the 2016 Olympic ticket because they wanted to phase out players they felt held loyalty to Edwin Okon after they sacked him. A lot of players took that personally and stayed away from the team.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 12:37pm On Feb 04, 2018
It's high time Former Superfalcon international start handling the U17 team. If NFF could drop coach Dedevbo, why retain Mr Bala Nkyru who has nothing to show off.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 4:39pm On Feb 04, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

I saw the WAFU list and I was just in shock. U are right, the NFF gets extra petty when the SF are involved. They cost the country the 2016 Olympic ticket because they wanted to phase out players they felt held loyalty to Edwin Okon after they sacked him. A lot of players took that personally and stayed away from the team.
To be fair to the NFF, the WAFU tournament is only for home-based players, just like the men’s version. So, they were in order to invite only home-based players.

Anyway, I think the issue of the NFF leadership taking SF protests more personal, has to do with cultural orientation. It’s still considered “un-ladylike” for women to openly protest for payment in public.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 4:41pm On Feb 04, 2018
Even if the Flamingoes qualify for the World Cup, Bala Nkiyu should be sacked, and Maureen Mmadu should take over the team.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (1072) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.