Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (384) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (802992 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (1072) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:04pm On Jul 04, 2022
I know you love her. I know she is your crush too perhaps. But ain't no way does she not have a fault in that goal too. We can look at that defensive lapse from different angles and one of them clearly brings up the fact that Alozie lost her primary mark.

It is not her fault entirely like I have said already but she holds a part in the faults for that goal. Your attempt to make her 100% innocent is not valid at all.

mostob:
Ohale didn't do well to cover for her Doc...it's 1 vs 2 situation and she just had to take the risk by intercepting but it went wrong.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Clint02(m): 9:04pm On Jul 04, 2022
Lol, wahala.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Clint02(m): 9:06pm On Jul 04, 2022
Abeg make mods ban anybody weh insult our super falcons oo,even though say na because of frustration.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 9:14pm On Jul 04, 2022
Nnadozie, Kanu, Ikechukwu, Ordega, Otu, Ucheibe and Monday should all start the next game. Plumptre, Alozie, Ebi, Tony Payne, Ajibade and Onumonu should also play

See how RSA were celebrating their win as if they won world cup

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 9:16pm On Jul 04, 2022
I provided you with evidence of the sequence leading to the goal...

Frame 1: see how Ohale was way off to the left side of defense, when she should have (as RCB) been much closer to Alozie and closed up that gap? Ohale is 'red arrowed' in this frame.
Also, the player on the ball had 2 options or pathways to advancing the ball (see blue arrows).

Frame 2: Alozie tried to cut off the passing lane but narrowing the angle, but was beaten by a brilliant pass. See how far behind the ball Ohale was? Alozie unfortunately had two people on her (meaning somebody went to sleep). As evidenced in the both frames, that somebody was RCB Ohale.

Opted not to respond to your other comments.
TheSuperNerd:

Imagine how quick you are to come to her aid with elaborate explanations exonerating her from any fault at all. The fact still remains that goal came from her wing so she definitely has a part in our conceeding. She didn't underlap at the right moment. Had she done that, the angle would have been narrower to enable the choice she made work out.

That is the Truth.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:29pm On Jul 04, 2022
AkinDS:
I provided you with evidence of the sequence leading to the goal...

Frame 1: see how Ohale was way off to the left side of defense, when she should have (as RCB) been much closer to Alozie and closed up that gap? Ohale is 'red arrowed' in this frame.
Also, the player on the ball had 2 options or pathways to advancing the ball (see blue arrows).

Frame 2: Alozie tried to cut off the passing lane but narrowing the angle, but was beaten by a brilliant pass. See how far behind the ball Ohale was? Alozie unfortunately had two people on her (meaning somebody went to sleep). As evidenced in the both frames, that somebody was RCB Ohale.

Opted not to respond to your other comments.

Told you to save all these blabs stemming from sentiments. I have the game videos and different videos for that scenario so no need for your irrelevant frames coz even they prove my point.

She was momentarily off for that goal and it's okay coz she indeed had a good game overall. She cannot be exempted. I certainly know you would never exempt Ogbonna for this. So rest mister man.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 9:41pm On Jul 04, 2022
No worries.
I accept your concession spiel, as a face saver for you smiley
Cherrio!
TheSuperNerd:

Told you to save all these blabs stemming from sentiments. I have the game videos and different videos for that scenario so no need for your irrelevant frames coz even they prove my point.

She was momentarily off for that goal and it's okay coz she indeed had a good game overall. She cannot be exempted. I certainly know you would never exempt Ogbonna for this. So rest mister man.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:48pm On Jul 04, 2022
AkinDS:
No worries.
I accept your concession spiel, as a face saver for you smiley
Cherrio!

This is so lame. grin Face saver like I am the one who got floored and not Alozie.... lol

Admit it sentimental Akin. You would be calling for Ogbonna's head forgetting every other scenario just coz you have a thing for having a go at her. You would first call out her poor positioning and how she lost her mark... but here you are exonerating Alozie.

I love how you are evading that simple fact. I got you really cornered there, don't I? Lol

The difference between you and me is this: I analytically call out every player in the squad for their faults. Whether part or whole. You just selectively do so and that is a sorry approach to have to analysis.

Alozie has a fault for that goal and there is nothing you can do about that. Analyse responsibly and not Sentimentally aiit.

Sentimental Akin grin

A bientot!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:45pm On Jul 04, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by arsenal96: 11:05pm On Jul 04, 2022
Botswana 4 vs 2 Burundi. 5 of the total goals scored in second half. Nigeria should be able to beat both teams, but it won't be easy, especially against Botswana, their confidence is on the high right now.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:08am On Jul 05, 2022
It seems Randy is scared to bench some of the players…

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 12:36am On Jul 05, 2022
labas370:
Our midfield was over-ran by south africa. .. What the actual Bleep is the coach doing? Ordega entered and started playing the mid-field and things started opening up. The strikers were starved of ball. This coach is mad. They should sack him....
Not overran, they ghosted. They weren't even using the middle in the first half to attack us. No middle. Then cohesion is lacking. The mix of old and new is not working one bit. And this college coacha again? Naaaaah. Impact is zero
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 12:37am On Jul 05, 2022
CornOak:

Nothing would have happened even if they added ten (10) additional minutes.

We had all the time and chances to snatch the winner but we didn't. Counting on the closing minutes is worrisome.

68% pass accuracy and the lack of basic football skills leave you wondering what they've been doing in training.

Anyways, we move. cheesy
actually something could have happened. But we meuve.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 12:43am On Jul 05, 2022
College coach dey look like he no sabi pass omagbemi. Give am trainer for their training sessions or he should gettat.

Were Onome Ebi and Ordega having an argument after the final whistlr?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 4:32am On Jul 05, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

I know you love her. I know she is your crush too perhaps But ain't no way does she not have a fault in that goal too. We can look at that defensive lapse from different angles and one of them clearly brings up the fact that Alozie lost her primary mark.

It is not her fault entirely like I have said already but she holds a part in the faults for that goal. Your attempt to make her 100% innocent is not valid at all.

Ohale, Plumptre and Alozie are the culprit here...
Ohale failed to cover for her and Plumptre should have set an offside trap. Alozie had to either follow the free SA player or mark the passer hoping Ohale covers for her. She couldn't do the latter probably because she thought the offside mark was still in place. Alozie might share the blame but considering her overall performance yesterday,it only makes sense for her to be pardoned. Ashleigh and Ohale shared the larger part of the blame to me.

BTW what do you mean by the bolded? How has that got to do with the discussion? SMH... That's to low man

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by gatecrash123: 6:21am On Jul 05, 2022
mostob:
Ohale failed to cover for her and Plumptre should have set an offside trap. Alozie had to either follow the free SA player or mark the passer hoping Ohale covers for her. She couldn't do the latter probably because she thought the offside mark was still in place. Alozie might share the blame but considering her overall performance yesterday,it only makes sense for her to be pardoned. Ashleigh and Ohale shared the larger part of the blame to me.

BTW what do you mean by the bolded? How has that got to do with the discussion? SMH... That's to low man
you meant to say ebi
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:30am On Jul 05, 2022
Good that you finally accept she is also part of the culprits. Ebi too is not exempted.

And nothing like pardoned. Her fine performance doesn't erase the fact that she missed tracking her main mark in that key moment of the game.

Alozie doesn't get the larger blame but she also gets a part blame. She lost sight of her primary mark. Didn't underlap better enough.

And the bolded is nothing low at all. You didn't do a good job of hiding your admiration which isn't wrong anyway. My point is for folks to get such out of the way and see that she is also at fault in her own way. Simple.

mostob:

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Unlimited22: 9:32am On Jul 05, 2022
Wetin Osinachi Ohale and Rita Chikwelu still dey find for starting 11?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lakesidepapa(m): 9:34am On Jul 05, 2022
Unlimited22:
Wetin Osinachi Ohale and Rita Chikwelu still dey find for starting 11?

Rita don wash finish..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Bigzigg(m): 9:36am On Jul 05, 2022
Can somebody tell me what Rita Chikwelu is still doing on that team? Edwin Okon realized that Rita, Faith Ikidi and the ilks were useless and decided to weed them, but some dumb coaches had to bring them back.

Coach Waldrum is a dumb coach, he knows nothing about coaching.. I started losing confidence in him when I saw him heap praises on Ghana and Ivory Coast, despite their mediocre performance, together with Nigeria... How the hell does he not realize that Chikwelu is too old and useless?

Randy, despite having been with the team for a while now, does not seem to understand the areas where the team is lacking (a team that lacks basic football skills, cannot complete simple passes), does not understand the players, has no clear play pattern and tactics. Nigeria has clearly got better players than those South Africans, but the Nigerian team does not gel, all thanks to the coaching crew.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 10:31am On Jul 05, 2022
From the Camp of the Super Falcons

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:31am On Jul 05, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Good that you finally accept she is also part of the culprits. Ebi too is not exempted.

And nothing like pardoned. Her fine performance doesn't erase the fact that she missed tracking her main mark in that key moment of the game.

Alozie doesn't get the larger blame but she also gets a part blame. She lost sight of her primary mark. Didn't underlap better enough.

And the bolded is nothing low at all. You didn't do a good job of hiding your admiration which isn't wrong anyway. My point is for folks to get such out of the way and see that she is also at fault in her own way. Simple.

Careful study of the buildup to SA's second goal actually exempts Ashely Plumptre from any blame for the goal. She had a hand in us conceeding the first, yes. But not the second.

But two other players that hold part-blames in that second goal are Halimatu Ayinde (DM) and Rita Chikwelu.

Ajibade went to press Linda Motlhalo when she got the ball in the middle.

Chikwelu who was marking Refiloe Jane lost track of her after Linda received the ball. Chikwelu ran into space purposelessly and Jane ran into space in the middle close to the other half space towards Alozie's wing.
See how free Jane was left to wander with Chikwelu and Ayinde elsewhere.

Ayinde just remained wandering aimlessly and kinda drawn to Ashley's wing without keenly tracking things and she also left that DM spot open which allowed Jane lots of space (also thanks to Chikwelu not covering the spot left by Ayinde who was drawn slightly to Ashley's wing) and Ohale didn't press Jermaine Seoposenwe hard and quick enough before she got that flick on.

Meanwhile before or at the point Jermaine connected with the ball for the flick, Alozie had no business not monitoring her primary mark looking to play off her shoulder, #8 Hildah Magaia. She wasn't alert enough to underlap and keep track on Magaia's possible run in from her wingside.

Alozie had no business trying to move towards Jermaine as Ohale was already in front of Jermaine and even though didn't exert enough press or get quickly enough to her, Ohale was still in front of her.

Alozie had one job in that key moment of the SA passing sequence. Track Hildah. Police Hildah. Keep your eyes on her. That is where she flunked and this is why she cannot be exempted.

All the lame attempts to make her 100% innocent on this is part of the problem why we cannot seem to honestly analyse the problems of this team expensively. People just looking to defend their faves. Disgusting.

Look at a small breakdown using tactical frames....

Frame 1: Rita Chikwelu was initially on Refiloe Jane's tail as Linda Motlhalo gers ready to receive a pass. Watch Ajibade already in motion to close her down.

Frame 2: Here Chikwelu discontinues her tracking and tailing of Refiloe Jane as Jane enters a non-action space free of any marker but with potential danger lurking depending on any potential switch of plays to her side.

Chikwelu discontinues to watch Ajibade close enough to Linda Motlhalo who has successfully picked a pass to her RW, Noxolo Cesane.

View Ayinde in same frame totally disinterested as well as Jane attacks that space leaving Ayinde and Chiks stuck close to ajibade who is already pressing Linda.

Frame 3: The arrows here point to Ayinde and Ashely.
Ayinde not paying attention to Jane who has entered her CDM zone.

Ashley on her part anticipates and get ready to press Cesane who is set to receive a pass from Linda.

Ashley's anticipation is the reason SA switched plays from that wing using less than 3 passes. Cesane to Jermaine and Jermaine to The woman left all alone by Ayinde and Chikwelu (who was initially tailing her from Frame 1)... Refiloe Jane.

So truthfully, Ashley Plumptre has no part fault in this goal. Her fault was more in the first goal.

Frame 4: Frame 4 further buttresses explanations in Frame 3.

There is a frame 5. Check next post.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:34am On Jul 05, 2022
Plumptre Ashleigh does more than football �.

Plumptre; "I preferred to play as center-back, but I will give 100% anywhere the coach plays me. It is frustrating to give 100% in the game while one or two aren't given their best."

Soft dragging �.

#ValueJet
#WAFCON2022

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:43am On Jul 05, 2022
Frame 5:

Look at how inattentive Alozie was to the presence and steps of Hildah Magaia (#8 ) on her far wing side. She can also see that Ebi was on Kgatlana centimeters deep in defence so there was no bloody offside trap set at all.

At this point, Jermaine had Ohale in front of her and was never going to hit it from there, so her only logical option was a flick pass to the free Refiloe Jane left all alone thanks to Chikwelu's failure to keep tracking her as she did in Frame 1 and also due to Ayinde's failure to pick her up after she (Jane) stepped into her CDM zone between the lines.

Ayinde was all at sea in this passing buildup to SA's goal. Making small moves from centre to the left which Ashley already had covered, and none of them moves actually did anything tactical in that key moment.

Back to Alozie. Ohale had Jermaine covered. Refiloe was deep between the lines but free so Alozie simply had to stay closer to Hildah as that was the only potential dangerous passing option for Jane

Alozie's failure to notice Hildah's new off shoulder position on her far wing side plus her delay in the underlap contributed to her wrong positioning in that moment of brilliance from Refiloe Jane.

So please tell me I am being biased or the case is that some of you lots really gotta get out of Alozie's ass. Honestly speaking.

Alozie had a fine game overall but in this one key moment she failed at a simple basic of defending. Never lose your primary mark especially when the next passing option leads to her.

Finito.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:44am On Jul 05, 2022
Super Falcons coach, Randy Waldrum chats with the media after South Africa's defeat.

Waldrum; "We knew it would be a difficult game, it is the first game of the tournament and it is a long tournament. We have to prepare for the next games.

"I was surprised with our performance in the attack. We got a late goal and we tried to get back in the game, we are still positive.

"I am looking forward to how we can improve, we will look at the areas we were exposed and we will make those corrections.

"We can't panic at this period, we still have two group games and we have to improve.

"We will analyse and review individual players performance and make the right decisions in the next games."

#ValueJet

#WAFCON2022

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:48am On Jul 05, 2022
Ashley's positioning and reading of the game yesterday was levels above every other defender we had on display including Alozie and Ebi.

Ashley was hardly ever caught out. Even when she was at one time by Kgatlana, she recovered superbly and blocked Kgatlana before she could put in a cross.

Ashley's only foot wrong yesterday was getting out-dueled by #9 Noxolo Cesane which led to the first goal. She really had a blame in the first goal.

A hard moment for a player who showed true intelligence on the ball, fantastic ball carrying from defence in some key moments and excellent reading of the game.

Chin up girl. You and the other girls can still make it all the way.

Deltamani:

Plumptre; "I preferred to play as center-back, but I will give 100% anywhere the coach plays me. It is frustrating to give 100% in the game while one or two aren't given their best."

Soft dragging �.

#ValueJet
#WAFCON2022

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:59am On Jul 05, 2022
Deltamani:

Soft dragging �.

#ValueJet
#WAFCON2022

I hope she didn't make such a silly statement. This is definitely not the time to talk like this.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:00am On Jul 05, 2022
Deltamani:
Super Falcons coach, Randy Waldrum chats with the media after South Africa's defeat.

Waldrum; "We knew it would be a difficult game, it is the first game of the tournament and it is a long tournament. We have to prepare for the next games.

"I was surprised with our performance in the attack. We got a late goal and we tried to get back in the game, we are still positive.

"I am looking forward to how we can improve, we will look at the areas we were exposed and we will make those corrections.

"We can't panic at this period, we still have two group games and we have to improve.

"We will analyse and review individual players performance and make the right decisions in the next games."

#ValueJet

#WAFCON2022

If you do this right Waldrum... that is to properly analyse and review the individual performances from yesterday, then surely Chikwelu should be set to book a permanent ticket to the bloody bench. angry

And you gotta make Ayinde understand she needs to be more alert to incursions into her zone between the lines from the offense.

Ucheibe, Ayinde and Ajibade should be the bloody midfield going forward. Ajibade as the #10 ofcos. And Regina Otu & Okobi as the next MFs off the bench or Otu stepping in for Ayinde if Ayinde won't step up.

Heck Waldrum, do it right!

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 11:09am On Jul 05, 2022
Based on Ashley and Alozie's performances, we should be recruiting more abroad players. They are more intelligent.

If we play SA again, I'll go proper 442 with a different DM pair.. Regina Otu and Ucheibe. Very mobile.

SA didn't really do anything serious till the crazy 2 minutes when they scored 2 goals. My issue is that Falcons were totally ineffective as an attacking team. Oshoala was stinking the place up and only Ajibade was trying.
And Chikwelu as DM was just chasing shadows playing further upfront.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 11:37am On Jul 05, 2022
Deltamani:

Soft dragging �.

#ValueJet
#WAFCON2022

I love you Plumptre but please don't make this statement again. It will destabilize the team.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by sanpipita(m): 11:39am On Jul 05, 2022
I feel Super Falcons has been turned to a mafia team were particular players must be invited and they can't be dropped, Onome Ebi and Rita Chikwelu has no business in that team, only reason South Africans are catching up and now beating us is we have refused allow new talents into the team and also have a proper coach, I'm never interested in foreign coaches that much because at best we hire inferior ones who don't even understand African football

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 11:42am On Jul 05, 2022
olapluto:
Based on Ashley and Alozie's performances, we should be recruiting more abroad players. They are more intelligent.

I disagree.

Ashleigh and Alozie are obviously great players, but our best players are so far still home grown. That this team has been shambolic is not in anyway a true representation of the immense talent we have.

If we commit to the same process the South African's have in building and developing women's football, we would definitely be vying for the world cup in a few years

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (1072) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: PDPGuy and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.