Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (385) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (803041 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (1072) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 11:46am On Jul 05, 2022
lovewins:

I disagree.

Ashleigh and Alozie are obviously great players, but our best players are so far still home grown. That this team has been shambolic is not in anyway a true representation of the immense talent we have.

If we commit to the same process the South African's have in building and developing women's football, we would definitely be vying for the world cup in a few years

Actually, for all the growth SA is boasting of, they're still way behind in terms of talents we have for our super falcons team. We have super players waiting in the wings to replace these aged players stinking the place. That's why I preferred the abroad ones.
In 4 years, our central defence will be Ashley and Demehin.
We continue to produce great U17s and U20s and that is our strength. When we refuse to use these players and only use 35 year old immobile Rita as a DM against a fast moving team like SA, we only have ourselves to blame.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 11:57am On Jul 05, 2022
olapluto:

Actually, for all the growth SA is boasting of, they're still way behind in terms of talents we have for our super falcons team. We have super players waiting in the wings to replace these aged players stinking the place. That's why I preferred the abroad ones.
We continue to produce great U17s and U20s and that is our strength. When we refuse to use these players and only use 35 year old immobile Rita as a DM against a fast moving team like SA, we only have ourselves to blame.

It is especially because of our talents I said we'll be contenders for the world cup if we had to it the level of planning and intentionality the South Africans have employed to develop their game. Coach Edwin Okon actually made attempts to revamp the team in 2014/2015. He excused some of the old legs, unfortunately they were invited back immediately the new coaches came in.

I am not averse to us having Nigerians born abroad who are talented enough to represent the country. We however shouldn't forget how we got here. We 100% achieved this by home grown talent despite the immense adversity generations of these players had to for through.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 12:19pm On Jul 05, 2022
Let me start with the GK

I've observed that Oluehi doesn't shout at Ebi whenever she's lacking concentration. But she shouts at Alozie and Plumptre. Three games and she has done this.

Is this about Respect? Cos those other two are younger. We don't need such abeg. Ebi kept wrecking the offside trap as she always does. She rather run back towards goal than pick a player to track and mark.

For that first goal, it is all on Ebi. Before the winger sped past Plumptre, who eventually recovered, we see Ebi simply strutting comfortably towards the box with her eyes on the ball. she did not even look back one in 7seconds
Not once. By the time Plumptre was passed, the eventual scorer has already gone pass Ebi and scored. Guess what? Plumptre body language shows she blamed herself for that. But look at Ebi's body language. Pisses me off. Let me not even start with Ohale and Ayinde.

I noticed there were lots of body feints and rather short dummy passes that Rita can't even catch up with. Mothlalo really did absolutely well with distribution. It is painful that she's a maestro in the middle with her frame. She sabi pass. Opening up where necessary.

The two scorers played on the left wing but they all scored thru the centre. That should tell us where the problem is. I almost forgot Kgatlana was on the pitch cos Plumptre really stood up to the task.

As for that second goal, two things could have happened, but Alozie went for the direct one. Alozie could run back and cover the scorer and leave a blank in centre. Alozie probably thought the offside trap was on. Guess who ruined it? Ebi. Ohale was not marking anybody. So Alozie was doing two things.

The seniority in this team is wack to wield. You can't be forming senior and be playing crap to people that are technically better than you are. Rita came off and Ikechukwu suddenly made the middle look like ours against. Ajibade looks like someone that fits coming on as a sub, especially if the tactics of the coach is not ever going to favor her role in middle.

The big ladies failed us.

Onumonu was sad she had a bad game. The fact that Ebi assisted doesn't absolve her of a very abysmal display despite her clearances (5).

Then after the match... Was that some argument between her and Ordega??

Plumptre's statement is perfect.

If these ladies can't give their all, they should stop being available for the benefits the GWG gives. The coach is wack to start with. He fits a training session coordinator. I can count how many times he stood up to shout at his team. I didn't even see a tactical pad around the bench.(pun intended).

Look at their midfield setup, Energy and passing prowess. Like these 4 mainly focused on distribution and track backs.

Modified

My aunt is a fan of Mercy Akide set and she was wondering why these guys didn't attempt shots at goal from outside the box.

Let me quickly add that our crossing game is wack still. If we engaged in some practices, at least the defenders will equally improve. Ajibade no sabi cross. She should focus on shots.

They just stressed Plumptre, Alozie and Onumonu for us. Mtchew

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 1:07pm On Jul 05, 2022
daveP:
Let me start with the GK

I've observed that Oluehi doesn't shout at Ebi whenever she's lacking concentration. But she shouts at Alozie and Plumptre. Three games and she has done this.

Is this about Respect? Cos those other two are younger. We don't need such abeg. Ebi kept wrecking the offside trap as she always does. She rather run back towards goal than pick a player to track and mark.

For that first goal, it is all on Ebi. Before the winger sped past Plumptre, who eventually recovered, we see Ebi simply strutting comfortably towards the box with her eyes on the ball. she did not even look back one in 7seconds
Not once. By the time Plumptre was passed, the eventual scorer has already gone pass Ebi and scored. Guess what? Plumptre body language shows she blamed herself for that. But look at Ebi's body language. Pisses me off. Let me not even start with Ohale and Ayinde.

I noticed there were lots of body feints and rather short dummy passes that Rita can't even catch up with. Mothlalo really did absolutely well with distribution. It is painful that she's a maestro in the middle with her frame. She sabi pass. Opening up where necessary.

The two scorers played on the left wing but they all scored thru the centre. That should tell us where the problem is. I almost forgot Kgatlana was on the pitch cos Plumptre really stood up to the task.

As for that second goal, two things could have happened, but Alozie went for the direct one. Alozie could run back and cover the scorer and leave a blank in centre. Alozie probably thought the offside trap was on. Guess who ruined it? Ebi. Ohale was not marking anybody. So Alozie was doing two things.

The seniority in this team is wack to wield. You can't be forming senior and be playing crap to people that are technically better than you are. Rita came off and Ikechukwu suddenly made the middle look like ours against. Ajibade looks like someone that fits coming on as a sub, especially if the tactics of the coach is not ever going to favor her role in middle.

Onumonu was sad she had a bad game. The fact that Ebi assisted doesn't absolve her of a very abysmal display despite her clearances (5).

If these ladies can't give their all, they should stop being available for the benefits the GWG gives. The coach is wack to start with. He fits a training session coordinator. I can count how many times he stood up to shout at his team. I didn't even see a tactical pad around the bench.(pun intended).

Look at their midfield setup, Energy and passing prowess. Like these 4 mainly focused on distribution and track backs.

Modified

My aunt is a fan of Mercy Akide set and she was wondering why these guys didn't attempt shots at goal from outside the box.

Let me quickly add that our crossing game is wack still. If we engaged in some practices, at least the defenders will equally improve. Ajibade no sabi cross. She should focus on shots.

For all this your fine write-up, you come still take hand spoil am, by sharing a Pic of my sweet Franny, with that yeye captain, that likes to patrol around the field when serious biz is going on,

guy why nah

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 1:58pm On Jul 05, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Frame 5:

Look at how inattentive Alozie was to the presence and steps of Hildah Magaia (#8 ) on her far wing side. She can also see that Ebi was on Kgatlana centimeters deep in defence so there was no bloody offside trap set at all.

At this point, Jermaine had Ohale in front of her and was never going to hit it from there, so her only logical option was a flick pass to the free Refiloe Jane left all alone thanks to Chikwelu's failure to keep tracking her as she did in Frame 1 and also due to Ayinde's failure to pick her up after she (Jane) stepped into her CDM zone between the lines.

Ayinde was all at sea in this passing buildup to SA's goal. Making small moves from centre to the left which Ashley already had covered, and none of them moves actually did anything tactical in that key moment.

Back to Alozie. Ohale had Jermaine covered. Refiloe was deep between the lines but free so Alozie simply had to stay closer to Hildah as that was the only potential dangerous passing option for Jane

Alozie's failure to notice Hildah's new off shoulder position on her far wing side plus her delay in the underlap contributed to her wrong positioning in that moment of brilliance from Refiloe Jane.

So please tell me I am being biased or the case is that some of you lots really gotta get out of Alozie's ass. Honestly speaking.

Alozie had a fine game overall but in this one key moment she failed at a simple basic of defending. Never lose your primary mark especially when the next passing option leads to her.

Finito.

This picture here corroborated my stance on Plumptre. From that picture, you can clearly see she was the one playing Hilda offside here. So, do you want Alozie to track someone in an offside position? The moment Ohale rushed out to mark, she already exposed Alozie. What should have been a 2 vs 2 became 2 vs 1 so what do you really expect Alozie to do? Track her opponent while giving Jane a free run through the middle?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 2:04pm On Jul 05, 2022
do4luv14:

For all this your fine write-up, you come still take hand spoil am, by sharing a Pic of my sweet Franny, with that yeye captain, that likes to patrol around the field when serious biz is going on,

guy why nah
cool

Make she pack the makeup asides too jare. That thing go take like 20mins to do. Chai.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 2:12pm On Jul 05, 2022
daveP:
Let me start with the GK

Modified

At the bolded..God bless you bro. This was the same thing I was telling Thesupernerd. Ohale rushing out put the defence on pressure and Rita and Ayinde nowhere to be found but it's Alozie that must be blamed. I think Plumptre was the one who played the goalscorer offside and not Ebi.

As for outside the box shots, I believe playing Ajibade and Payne in midfield should enable us take more shots.

As for the seniority stuff, Ebi and Rita making way will help curtail that I believe.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 2:15pm On Jul 05, 2022
Deltamani:
Super Falcons coach, Randy Waldrum chats with the media after South Africa's defeat.

Waldrum; "We knew it would be a difficult game, it is the first game of the tournament and it is a long tournament. We have to prepare for the next games.

"I was surprised with our performance in the attack. We got a late goal and we tried to get back in the game, we are still positive.

"I am looking forward to how we can improve, we will look at the areas we were exposed and we will make those corrections.

"We can't panic at this period, we still have two group games and we have to improve.

"We will analyse and review individual players performance and make the right decisions in the next games."

#ValueJet

#WAFCON2022
He doesn't speak like someone that will ever get angry at the lapses of the girls. This is a continental derby. See how he's unperturbed in his speech?? If these strong street babes don't see his pissed side once once, they'll never improve. Fact. Smh

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 2:19pm On Jul 05, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Good that you finally accept she is also part of the culprits. Ebi too is not exempted.

And nothing like pardoned. Her fine performance doesn't erase the fact that she missed tracking her main mark in that key moment of the game.

Alozie doesn't get the larger blame but she also gets a part blame. She lost sight of her primary mark. Didn't underlap better enough.

And the bolded is nothing low at all. You didn't do a good job of hiding your admiration which isn't wrong anyway. My point is for folks to get such out of the way and see that she is also at fault in her own way. Simple.

I'm not sure if you have such personality but the fact that I admire someone doesn't mean I'll not criticize them when they fumbled. Oshoala and Ordega are perfect examples. So it was low coming from someone like you. This is football not some romance movie. BTW, you're the one I've seen so far blaming Alozie for that second goal.
You should do better next time than to exploit the admiration angle in order to win your argument.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 2:24pm On Jul 05, 2022
mostob:
At the bolded..God bless you bro. This was the same thing I was telling Thesupernerd. Ohale rushing out put the defence on pressure and Rita and Ayinde nowhere to be found but it's Alozie that must be blamed. I think Plumptre was the one who played the goalscorer offside and not Ebi.

As for outside the box shots, I believe playing Ajibade and Payne in midfield should enable us take more shots.

As for the seniority stuff, Ebi and Rita making way will help curtail that I believe.

My stance is if Supernerd wants to blame Alozie for lack of awareness of Alozie(rightly), then the first goal blame is purely Ebi's (also lack of awareness). Any defender can be in Plumptre's position and still recover. But Ebi?? Ebi Not even tracking one player.

And this is going to be repeated by me. Ebi is the undisputed champion of ruining offside traps set by her fellow defenders. It is undisputed!! She still had a few seconds to join her two colleagues to set the line and reduce the pass to the goal score by a split 3seconds. She stayed put. That's her blame in that 2nd goal.

Combined, she has the highest blame% for the goals scored against us. I think she knew, thus her dying minutes zeal that led to our goal. That was actually a shot at dlamini, but it stopped at Ajibade's feet and goal!! She must be vexed that there were no hot shots from outside the box too. I support that.

And my my, Ajibade is such a very poor crosser. Smh. undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:27pm On Jul 05, 2022
Ofcourse... and did I exonerate Ebi anywhere in my analyses? Please out one.

Meanwhile your analysis on the Alozie situation is false. My frame clearly shows she has no business trying to get to Jane. Hildah Magaia was her concern not Jane.

And Ohale was the one who closed up on Jermaine but was slow in doing so. Your analysis said she wasn't marking anyone. Another false statement.

daveP:

My stance is if Supernerd wants to blame Alozie for lack of awareness of Alozie(rightly), then the first goal blame is purely Ebi's (also lack of awareness). Any defender can be in Plumptre's position and still recover. But Ebi?? Ebi Not even tracking one player.

And this is going to be repeated by me. Ebi is the undisputed champion of ruining offside traps set by her fellow defenders. It is undisputed!! She still had a few seconds to join her two colleagues to set the line and reduce the pass to the goal score by a split 3seconds. She stayed put. That's her blame in that 2nd goal.

Combined, she has the highest blame% for the goals scored against us. I think she knew, thus her dying minutes zeal that led to our goal. That was actually a shot at dlamini, but it stopped at Ajibade's feet and goal!! She must be vexed that there were no hot shots from outside the box too. I support that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:31pm On Jul 05, 2022
mostob:
I'm not sure if you have such personality but the fact that I admire someone doesn't mean I'll not criticize them when they fumbled. Oshoala and Ordega are perfect examples. So it was low coming from someone like you. This is football not some romance movie. BTW, you're the one I've seen so far blaming Alozie for that second goal.
You should do better next time than to exploit the admiration angle in order to win your argument.

Alozie is to be blamed for her part in our conceeding the second goal. Why this bites you so much clearly exposes your assliclicking and sentimental attachment towards Alozie.

And I did far better by clearly dropping frames that explains why alozie flunked in that one key moment. You should do better to read it and not keep ranting in lame defence of Alozie.

All your talk is just out to try ensure the blame radar doesn't touch Alozie. This is about the team and all you are concerned about is that I mention Alozie's clear part in that second goal. An unbiased view for that matter.

You should take a look into the mirror bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 2:33pm On Jul 05, 2022
daveP:

I quite agree.
As for Ajibade, it was unlike her yesterday...don't know what was wrong with her. Infact, her normal through passes she does with precision was always overhit yesterday. Another thing about her is she hold on to the ball for too long. And we can't drop her funny enough. I'm still hoping for something from this tournament sha.
BTW, how do you see Ohale yesterday, her aimless long balls were just pissing me off...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 2:35pm On Jul 05, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Alozie is to be blamed for her part in our conceeding the second goal. Why this bites you so much clearly exposes your assliclicking and sentimental attachment towards Alozie.

And I did far better by clearly dropping frames that explains why alozie flunked in that one key moment. You should do better to read it and not keep ranting in lame defence of Alozie.

All your talk is just out to try ensure the blame radar doesn't touch Alozie. This is about the team and all you are concerned about is that I mention Alozie's clear part in that second goal. An unbiased view for that matter.

You should take a look into the mirror bro.

Guess I really overrated you. Imagine stooping so low as to use my admiration for someone to make your point.
Grow up man....you still have a lot to learn.
grin grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:35pm On Jul 05, 2022
Yes she shares a blame in that goal. She had no business closing down Jane. Hildah was her concern. Accept it. Also, the post you quoted by davep is wrong about Ohale not marking anybody. Ohale was actually on to Jermaine. She was only slow in closing her down before her flickon to Refiloe.

You all should cease with the Alozie assliclicking already. Gosh, it sucks.

mostob:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 2:36pm On Jul 05, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Ofcourse... and did I exonerate Ebi anywhere in my analyses? Please out one.

Meanwhile your analysis on the Alozie situation is false. My frame clearly shows she has no business trying to get to Jane. Hildah Magaia was her concern not Jane.

And Ohale was the one who closed up on Jermaine but was slow in doing so. Your analysis said she wasn't marking anyone. Another false statement.

No, it is not false. The lapses of Ohale made Alozie to have two options. While i won't exonerate her for the one she chose, I'll still insist on what i said earlier . Will you call what Ohale did marking?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 2:39pm On Jul 05, 2022
I can't call what Ohale did marking. I can't.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 2:40pm On Jul 05, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Yes she shares a blame in that goal. She had no business closing down Jane. Hildah was her concern. Accept it. Also, the post you quoted by davep is wrong about Ohale not marking anybody. Ohale was actually on to Jermaine. She was only slow in closing her down before her flickon to Refiloe.

wow.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 2:40pm On Jul 05, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

I don't know why our admiration for Alozie is peppering you. Never knew you are this insecure. grin

Now tell us who Ohale was marking? Who was supposed to be marking Jane? Isn't it Ohale? Alozie was practically doing a 2 man job in a split moment but they scored yet she is your problem.
if our admiration for this girl is affecting your sanity, look for your own girl and let us rest.
A lot of school kids will floor this your overrated ego in a football debate. SMH.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:40pm On Jul 05, 2022
mostob:
Guess I really overrated you. Imagine stooping so low as to use my admiration for someone to make your point.
Grow up man....you still have a lot to learn.
grin grin

Lol... who your rating help, boy? Grow up? I am not the one who is here still simping for Alozie. grin

You are still here talking about her and bearing her defense attorney tag over an action she clearly misjudged, and this clearly further cements the point that you are just an alozie asslicker. Ashamed of it? You don't have to be bro. She is beautiful like you have once said.

You quoted me on the Super Eagles thread on Alozie's pics remember? grin

So it's you who gotta grow up boy. Stop the simping and embrace objectivity. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 2:41pm On Jul 05, 2022
daveP:
I can't call what Ohale did marking. I can't.
grin grin
The earlier you ignore him, the better. His ego won't allow him to accept his wrongs. I ain't responding to his quote again.
But the guy really disappointed me....

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by robosky02(m): 2:42pm On Jul 05, 2022
olapluto:

That's my problem with amaju

The guy no like home grown at all

See somebody like gift Monday from bayelsa united will be benched somebody that scored 4 goals in the super 6.

Even in the Aisha cup see what we did

They will be playing oyibo and abroad base when we have red hot home grown everywhere ready to finish south Africa

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:43pm On Jul 05, 2022
mostob:
I don't know why our admiration for Alozie is peppering you. Never knew you are this insecure. grin

Now tell us who Ohale was marking? Who was supposed to be marking Jane? Isn't it Ohale? Alozie was practically doing a 2 man job in a split moment but they scored yet she is your problem.
if our admiration for this girl is affecting your sanity, look for your own girl and let us rest.
A lot of school kids will floor this your overrated ego in a football debate. SMH.

Boy, go back to masturbating over Alozie aiit. I understand it has clearly altered your objective view on the lass.

How am I insecure about Alozie when I did a folk a favor on the Super Eagles thread who asked about her? I dropped her pics man to answer the guys' questions and you came out of nowhere and began simping. grin

And moments after the match... I call out Alozie and you are here again simping in her defence.

Omo... you are Obsessed With her. Go back to masturbating biko. I know una type. So small grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:46pm On Jul 05, 2022
She was on Jermaine. I clearly stated that she didn't close Jermaine down fast enough. But she clearly was in line with Jermaine so you are wrong to say she was just there not picking up on anyone.

You may not call it marking because that entails getting much closer and having some contact but she was clearly moving in on Jermaine and I already pointed this out several times about her slowness in moving in.

Jermaine flicked it quickly and Ohale stayed with her in that moment. Refiloe got the ball and Alozie had no business leaving Hildah behind her. No business at all.

daveP:
No, it is not false. The lapses of Ohale made Alozie to have two options. While i won't exonerate her for the one she chose, I'll still insist on what i said earlier . Will you call what Ohale did marking?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:49pm On Jul 05, 2022
Yes wow. Coz your analysis is not being truthful on Alozie's obvious blunder.

Next time, get it right.

So many folks out in defence of Alozie. I mentioned various lasses to be blamed for that second goal and you folks only wanna save Alozie.

So yes... Wow.

daveP:
wow.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by gatecrash123: 3:58pm On Jul 05, 2022
The way people analyse football here ehn, jux makes me wonder if the analysis is from a basketball perspective or jux normal beer parlour talk.

How will one blame alozie for the second goal, as in HOW?

Even for the 1st goal i won't blame Plumptre for it, the attacker was clever and fast. She tracked down her man well but no one was available to stop the eventual scorer.

Have you guys forgotten they are females, you can't expect them to play like their male counterpart. Even the male dem they fumble big time, shay na puyol abi na the legendary ramos, what of roberto carlos, this guys have all fumbled in more than one match, but see them now they are legend

My own be say make una dey calm down, NOBODY IS PERFECT.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by semid4lyfe(m): 4:11pm On Jul 05, 2022
Some old & senior players are in the way of younger, better and more talented players thereby ruining the team play.

Rita Chikwelu, Osinachi Ohale and Onome Ebi should have been retired and have no business in this team.

Rita in particular is a terrible player and shouldn't be anywhere near our squad. I have been shouting this for ages.

Anyway, na the yeye coach I blame.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 4:51pm On Jul 05, 2022
semid4lyfe:
Some old & senior players are in the way of younger, better and more talented players thereby ruining the team play.

Rita Chikwelu, Osinachi Ohale and Onome Ebi should have been retired and have no business in this team.

Rita in particular is a terrible player and shouldn't be anywhere near our squad. I have been shouting this for ages.

Anyway, na the yeye coach I blame.

what about asisat. the strolling captain?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by CornOak(m): 5:06pm On Jul 05, 2022
They've brought the SE thread's childish and irrelevant arguments to this thread. undecided

Smh. angry
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 5:26pm On Jul 05, 2022
CornOak:
They've brought the SE thread's childish and irrelevant arguments to this thread. undecided

Smh. angry

you are surprised right Dont be, as for me I just jump am pass
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:28pm On Jul 05, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Ebi: It’s My 3rd AWCON Title, I Want One More

 5 Dec 2016
 Headlines, Top Features, Top Stories

Super Falcons defender, Onome Ebi is relishing the Nigerian ladies' trophy -success at the 2016 Women's Africa Cup of Nations in Cameroon – her third AWCON title. In this exclusive interview with Completesportsnigeria.com's JOHNNY EDWARD, Ebi reveals her ambition to go further and win her fourth AWCON before international retirement. She also reveals the behind the scenes activities of the team that acted in tandem and ensured they successfully defended their title. Excerpts…

Onome, It must be fascinating to you joining the league of Nigerian female footballers who have won three Women's Africa Cup of Nations title…

No doubt, it is and I'm happy that we made everyone proud despite the challenges we faced in Cameroon. Winning three of the four tournaments I've featured in is special to me and I will work harder to join the league of players to have won four times before retirement.

What were those challenges the team faced in Cameroon?

It was tough, but we surmounted all, so I don't want to delve into that now. We are happy we won so all that are in the past.

Personally, what does this 2016 AWCON title success mean to you?

It means a lot. Playing a new partner and not many believed the partnership will thrive but here we are as champions of Africa.

Let's talk about the games in Limbe Cameroon where the Super Falcons began on a ruthless note hitting Mali for six, drawing rivals Ghana 1-1 before sealing the final group win with a 4-0 bashing of Kenya. Can you talk us through these games?

We started the tournament the way we wanted it, and we took our chances when they came and won our opening game. The second game was difficult because of the rivalry between Ghana and Nigeria, and the fact that they had played second fiddle to the Super Falcons in the past.

Did coach Florence Omagbemi prepare specially for the game against Ghana?

It was only normal for her to remind us why we were better than them. She loves her team dominating play. We tried our best to carry out her tactical plan.

The draw was a fair result and that really spurred us going into the final game against Kenya which we won.

The semi-final game against the Banyana Banyana of South Africa was a grudge game for you because you were part of that squad that lost 1-0 in 2012. How did you approach that game?

Like every other game, we prepared well and we were fortunate to get a goal in a tough game where both teams were cautious, which saw few shots on goal. It was a technical game against a fast paced side. Then again, we had a chance and we took it. Most of the teams we faced were contented in stopping us from playing forgetting that individually we could still hurt them which the likes of Desire Oparanoize and Asisat Oshoala did for the team.

The final against Host country Cameroon, no doubt, was difficult. Did you at any point doubt your chances of winning the title ?

You know this popular saying "when the going gets tough, the tough gets going We curtailed the Cameroonians and tried to exploit their weakness which was the right side of their defence. That was where the goal came from.

How much of an impact did Florence Omagbeni make in this team?

As an ex player, she knows how well to pass details across, and throughout the tournament, she was spot on. It was more of being cautious and going for the kill when the chances come.

Aside being African champion, you also won the Women title with your Belarusian side, Minsk…

2016 was a fulfilling year for me and I hope for more in the new year, 2017.

Thank you for your time Onome, and all the best.

You're welcome. Thank you.

Read more at http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/ebi-3rd-awcon-title-want-one/#HEeU0jHvQRcQfAFr.99

Damn... 2016 she asked for one more and she got her wish in 2018... and here she is still in 2022.

Like the Guv'nor, Ahmed Musa for the SE, like 'Grandma', Onome Ebi for the SF. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by labas370(f): 5:30pm On Jul 05, 2022
I can't fault Alozie for the second goal. I was in my uni female team. Played lot of female tournaments both regional, national, continental and club tournaments. The type of situation Alozie found herself always occur often in female football. And in that situation, the defender can only do one thing and success of the defender's action solely depends on the opponent's decision.

Either the defend tries to block the route for a through pass inorder to allow the ball carrier to proceed ahead hoping for her teammates to come for defensive rescue, or the defender tries to directly mark her opponent that is with the ball. If you observe, this usually happen when the opponent team is on counter attack.

Alozie did what any defender would have done that is trying to block that pass. The main culprit for that goal is Ohale. She was no where to be found but again, it's not her fault. IT'S THE COACH'S FAULT.

First goal, plumptre was noticably tired and over stressed. The first goal is the coach's fault. Rita was -1 as an AM, -1 as CM and -1 as DF. Her in that pitch affected all the players in defense, midfield and striking department.
Ayinde was to sit back and protect the defense, Ajibade was to play the box2box while Rita as AM. Ajibade, Onomonu and Payne were doing Rita's work as AM. Ayinde was doing Ajibade's work as CM while plumptre/Alozie even Ohale were doing Ayinde's work as DM. That's what caused both the first and the second goal.

That coach is very mad and stupid. Imagine this useless coach coaching Brazil or Spanish female team and his only tactics is long ball. They will sack him. They wouldn't even hire a coach like that because his ideology is different from their samba football and tiki taka.
Same should be for Nigeria. We only need to get coaches that have same or similar football ideology like ours. I noticed from our game against Portugal that once those girls threw away that his stupid tactics and started playing more on the ground, they were able to control that game and squeezed out a draw. Same against second match against Canada and even against USA. Same shit yesterday.

Compare this coach with the present super eagles coach, i will say, this current super eagles coach has a poor CV but one of the keys to his success will be him having same football ideology with Nigerian which is more of keeping the ball on the ground than those useless long balls.

This stupid coach haven't done anything impactful for our SF instead, they have depreciated a lot. Imagine getting scared of Botswana, South Africa etc.
Next will be him giving stupid media press like rohr and glorifying small small African countries like football giants.

That other mad man at NFF should do and go away. The most useless NFF president.

daveP:

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (1072) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Deltamani and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.