Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

We Got N13million As Ransom For Emefiele - Soldiers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / We Got N13million As Ransom For Emefiele - Soldiers (41227 Views)

Police Nab Kidnappers Who Took Yam, Schnapps, Palm Oil As Ransom / Actress Who Faked Pregnancy To Collect N13million From Boyfriend Flees Into US / I Paid Evans 223,000 Euros As Ransom – Witness Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Got N13million As Ransom For Emefiele - Soldiers by olisasegun(m): 7:21am On Oct 11, 2016

Adelani Adepegba, Abuja

Two soldiers, Lance Corporals Musa Maidabra and Edwin George, serving at 122D30 Regiment in Maiduguri, Borno State, have been arrested for transporting the ransom that was paid for the release of the wife of the Central Bank Governor, Margaret Emefiele.

Emefiele and three others were abducted along Benin-Agbor Road about two weeks ago and were released 24 hours later after the payment of undisclosed amount to their abductors.

The two soldiers said they received N6.5m each as their share of the ransom estimated to be around N80m.

Maidabra and George, who were paraded alongside seven others on Monday in Abuja for alleged involvement in the kidnapping, said they were given the money for assisting the gang to transport the ransom to a hideout in Benin, the Edo State capital.

Other suspects included a dismissed soldier, Ernest Uduefe, Mohammed Abubakar, Mohammed Musa, Mohammed Sule, Ibrahim Abdullahi, Aliyu Musa and Mohammed Yusuf.

Maidabra said, “We were not involved in the kidnapping; we only assisted them to transport the money to a location. We carried the money and ran away with it in a vehicle; it was part of my friend’s share that I collected. We didn’t know the money was from a kidnap operation.”

George corroborated his colleague, saying they provided security cover for transporting the ransom to a hideout in Benin.

“I was not involved in the kidnap; the money they gave me was over N6m. I asked about the source of the money, but they didn’t tell me,” he said.

The Force Public Relations Officer, Donald Awunah, said the police recovered N14,725,000, two Honda Accord cars, an Audi car, one AK 47 magazine and two cartridges from the gang.

He stated that a Jeep, valued at N1.5m and N4m cash were recovered from Maidabra, while a Honda Accord, estimated at N1.1m, was recovered from George.

Awunah explained that detectives recovered N7.7m from Musa out of his N10m share, adding that he sustained bullet wounds after a gun duel with the police while trying to escape from the forest where they had kept their victim.

He said, “Mohammed Sule confessed to have received N10m in cash as part of his share of the ransom paid and claimed a soldier and a gang leader escaped with the rest of the loot. Another suspect, Ibrahim Abdullahi, admitted to have received N10m in cash.

“The police will continue to limit the capacity of kidnappers and other criminals to disrupt the quality of life of Nigerians by the deployment of adequate manpower and resources in crime reduction, detection and prosecution of offenders.”

On the payment of ransom, the police noted that it was sometime used as a bait or bargaining chip to save the lives of victims of crime.

“It is absolutely important to mention that the police do not and will not encourage payment of ransom,” Awunah added

http://punchng.com/got-n13m-ransom-paid-emefiele-soldiers/
Re: We Got N13million As Ransom For Emefiele - Soldiers by inpeace: 7:25am On Oct 11, 2016
revealing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Got N13million As Ransom For Emefiele - Soldiers by Nobody: 7:25am On Oct 11, 2016
One day we will get to know the whole truth about this particular saga.

16 Likes

Re: We Got N13million As Ransom For Emefiele - Soldiers by BossKratos: 7:28am On Oct 11, 2016
Na dis ones dem dey call "SOLDIERS OF FORTUNE".........

undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Got N13million As Ransom For Emefiele - Soldiers by bonechamberlain(m): 7:29am On Oct 11, 2016
I pray there would be a country where the police would be so quick swift to capture kidnappers who kidnapped a common man

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Got N13million As Ransom For Emefiele - Soldiers by Pieromania: 7:29am On Oct 11, 2016
Imagine,80 million?u cn imagine how many of such ransome they have collected before nw

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Got N13million As Ransom For Emefiele - Soldiers by bankyblue(m): 7:30am On Oct 11, 2016
Soldiers?! After giving up on police, judges, and PMB I was thinking the soldiers re one of the must respected set of people.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Got N13million As Ransom For Emefiele - Soldiers by ademega(m): 7:30am On Oct 11, 2016
Half of the random would have gone to the kidnappers as I am looking at things. I think the police are still looking for the main the main guys

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Got N13million As Ransom For Emefiele - Soldiers by Justiceleague1: 7:34am On Oct 11, 2016
The nigerian police is one of the best in the world,that is when they want to work o..when they wanna work,they get the job done.
Am sure u guys see the menance of the proliferation of hausa soldiers and fulani ppl in the south. Thunda faya afonja

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Got N13million As Ransom For Emefiele - Soldiers by ITbomb(m): 7:43am On Oct 11, 2016
So finally, we don agree say money is always paid

25 Likes

Re: We Got N13million As Ransom For Emefiele - Soldiers by olisasegun(m): 8:28am On Oct 11, 2016
ITbomb:
So finally, we don agree say money is always paid

Abi ooo grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: We Got N13million As Ransom For Emefiele - Soldiers by 1zynnvn(m): 9:22am On Oct 11, 2016
sometimes I dey wonder how 9ja police dey catch criminals, if I be criminal them no fit ever catch me.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Got N13million As Ransom For Emefiele - Soldiers by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:23am On Oct 11, 2016
Criminals

But on a second thought, these guys aren't "smart" for such a crime

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Got N13million As Ransom For Emefiele - Soldiers by Benesth(m): 9:23am On Oct 11, 2016
grin buhari is working.. naija force

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: We Got N13million As Ransom For Emefiele - Soldiers by gimbayaro(m): 9:24am On Oct 11, 2016
When will they kidnap Zahrah BUHARI?

8 Likes

Re: We Got N13million As Ransom For Emefiele - Soldiers by Deeypeey(m): 9:25am On Oct 11, 2016
dgh

1 Like

Re: We Got N13million As Ransom For Emefiele - Soldiers by Generalpapiiii(m): 9:25am On Oct 11, 2016
She was kidnapped and rescued before 24hrs and ransom had already been paid. Oga CBN I hail o

24 Likes

Re: We Got N13million As Ransom For Emefiele - Soldiers by Jeel: 9:26am On Oct 11, 2016
This is the direct result if recession!

1 Like

Re: We Got N13million As Ransom For Emefiele - Soldiers by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 11, 2016
modelmike7:
One day we will get to know the whole truth about this particular saga.
Keep waiting.

1 Like

Re: We Got N13million As Ransom For Emefiele - Soldiers by kingphilip(m): 9:27am On Oct 11, 2016
Cool money made by the main individuals while those in the lowest ebb are those that gets caught

3 Likes

Re: We Got N13million As Ransom For Emefiele - Soldiers by gafadove(m): 9:28am On Oct 11, 2016
So money was paid. But some people said some men did their work undecided

6 Likes

Re: We Got N13million As Ransom For Emefiele - Soldiers by zlee56: 9:28am On Oct 11, 2016
see their faces

1 Like

Re: We Got N13million As Ransom For Emefiele - Soldiers by RedCapChief(m): 9:29am On Oct 11, 2016
gafadove:
So money was paid. But some people said some men did their work undecided

A ransom is always paid. Forget what you see on the news. That is why the kidnappers are emboldened to continue.

I don't think the NPF have ever 'rescued' anybody in the history of Nigeria

20 Likes

Re: We Got N13million As Ransom For Emefiele - Soldiers by Benjom(m): 9:30am On Oct 11, 2016
Kudos to our efficient operatives for this feat.

1 Like

Re: We Got N13million As Ransom For Emefiele - Soldiers by casttlebarbz(m): 9:32am On Oct 11, 2016
So d Ransom was actually paid...nd dem no tel us this b4 o....

2 Likes

Re: We Got N13million As Ransom For Emefiele - Soldiers by emmykk(m): 9:33am On Oct 11, 2016
I came to check names....since it is not ritualist some particular names didnt crop up.

am dissapointed i did not see the Ade's and Taiyes..

1 Like

Re: We Got N13million As Ransom For Emefiele - Soldiers by Afriface: 9:33am On Oct 11, 2016
Hmm

1 Like

Re: We Got N13million As Ransom For Emefiele - Soldiers by figoperch: 9:33am On Oct 11, 2016
What about the students and teachers kidnapped since last week in Lagos?

Why haven't the kidnappers been caught with same speed as CBN gov's wife.

8 Likes

Re: We Got N13million As Ransom For Emefiele - Soldiers by towbaynah(m): 9:34am On Oct 11, 2016
These are simply unemployed youths. Some might even be nairalanders. The root problem here is that government has failed us. No jobs, so these young men have resorted to self employment. Our leaders need to make things right as soon as possible.

4 Likes

Re: We Got N13million As Ransom For Emefiele - Soldiers by olaolulazio(m): 9:35am On Oct 11, 2016
That's what happens when Igbos and AREWAs come together.

4 Likes

Re: We Got N13million As Ransom For Emefiele - Soldiers by columbus007(m): 9:36am On Oct 11, 2016
Marked money from the CBN cheesy it's a capitalist society we leaving,ok let dem kidnapp the average Nigerian man or woman,thats when the police forcks will be sleeping

6 Likes

Re: We Got N13million As Ransom For Emefiele - Soldiers by MARKone(m): 9:36am On Oct 11, 2016
Me I am of opinion that anybody that confesses to kidnapping should be summarily executed, and should be done publicly to serve as a deterent to others. Why waste money prosecuting them, and jailing them, directly causing food shortage for Capone and his crew. And FG spending money wey no dey to feed them.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Caught With Locally Made AK47 In His Car On His Way To Kafanchan, Kaduna / Ex-banker steals N27m from customer’s account (Pictured) / SARS Officers Torture Driver Over Lost Bag, But Owner Misplaced It At Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.