Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,705 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

AY's "A Trip To Jamaica" Rakes In N80Million In 10 Days - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / AY's "A Trip To Jamaica" Rakes In N80Million In 10 Days (28431 Views)

“black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening / Download A Trip To Jamaica | The Adventure Of Akpos Starring Ay, Funke Akindele / Download Full Movie: A Trip To Jamaica | By Ay, Funke… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AY's "A Trip To Jamaica" Rakes In N80Million In 10 Days by happney65: 2:33pm On Oct 11, 2016
veekid:
For this recession period o; anyways my 1.5K is der and happney65 own too grin grin

Watched it on Sunday with Bae..Film is just there..Not as exciting as 30Days in Atlanta..But still a good Film though..Not Bad,Not worst..Just Good..
Re: AY's "A Trip To Jamaica" Rakes In N80Million In 10 Days by aalangel(f): 2:34pm On Oct 11, 2016
Grace at work.
Re: AY's "A Trip To Jamaica" Rakes In N80Million In 10 Days by gidzbobby: 2:34pm On Oct 11, 2016
Seriously Now am very confused, I wanna take Bae out 2mao to make up for loss time and I know she'll def pick this movie, now iono how to make her watch 9lives with me. I promised it was gonna be anything she picks. Now this is raking in 80milla, is this movie really boring like the Op said in the previous thread ?
Re: AY's "A Trip To Jamaica" Rakes In N80Million In 10 Days by zeusdgrt(m): 2:34pm On Oct 11, 2016
We dey wait for am for warri,he should come settle men for the town

1 Like

Re: AY's "A Trip To Jamaica" Rakes In N80Million In 10 Days by Goldenheart(m): 2:38pm On Oct 11, 2016
This man don do ogun owo

1 Like

Re: AY's "A Trip To Jamaica" Rakes In N80Million In 10 Days by princealbashir: 2:39pm On Oct 11, 2016
Lamisamy:
yup
alright then, you're free to criticize.
Re: AY's "A Trip To Jamaica" Rakes In N80Million In 10 Days by martineverest(m): 2:40pm On Oct 11, 2016
steppin:
No be only 80 million, na 500 million. If you believe this lie, you'll believe anything. Dem wan use overhype sell market.
no mind dem...who dey wan deceive?
Re: AY's "A Trip To Jamaica" Rakes In N80Million In 10 Days by Catalyst4real: 2:42pm On Oct 11, 2016
You guys are forgetting that there's also cost of production.
Not like AY is making N80 million profit
Re: AY's "A Trip To Jamaica" Rakes In N80Million In 10 Days by skywalker001(m): 2:42pm On Oct 11, 2016
dhamstar:
His first movie was 30 days in Atlanta, his second now is A trip to Jamaica & his third would be APC ARE LIERS..... Coming Soon
And how does d 3rd one correlate wit d previous... receive sense in Jesus name
Re: AY's "A Trip To Jamaica" Rakes In N80Million In 10 Days by Larrylarex(m): 2:43pm On Oct 11, 2016
Realist5:
In this recession period. O Lord kindly open my eyes...Bless my hustling...
I said this same prayer two months ago and God answered it via someone from this forum. If u contact me your eyes might just be opened to opportunities just like u prayed for

1 Like

Re: AY's "A Trip To Jamaica" Rakes In N80Million In 10 Days by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 11, 2016
AY film too dey dry jhae undecided undecided

The guy na ma guy tho cheesy
Re: AY's "A Trip To Jamaica" Rakes In N80Million In 10 Days by ipain: 2:53pm On Oct 11, 2016
fratermathy:
I expected it. The movie was worth the penny I spent watching it. I'm happy for AY!

Warri,
Warri,
WARRI,

THEIR FATHER!

Warri nor de carry last. AY repping Waffcity well.
Na yoruba boy. Sorry
Re: AY's "A Trip To Jamaica" Rakes In N80Million In 10 Days by LorDBolton(m): 2:58pm On Oct 11, 2016
Lamisamy:
movie that was overhyped.. rubbish

He made this money off the back of his reputation.

Even in Hollywood many films are not well received by critics but do very well in cinemas.

Hope AY takes note of customer feedback & does better on his next film
Re: AY's "A Trip To Jamaica" Rakes In N80Million In 10 Days by nonjebose(m): 2:58pm On Oct 11, 2016
This film was criticized in an earlier thread. I don't know how the thing come be now. To watch or not. Least of my plans, though
Re: AY's "A Trip To Jamaica" Rakes In N80Million In 10 Days by TheRealGEJ: 3:09pm On Oct 11, 2016
ipain:
Na yoruba boy. Sorry

Edo actually but spent most of his life in delta and can speak the urhobo fluently
Re: AY's "A Trip To Jamaica" Rakes In N80Million In 10 Days by lalas2016: 3:11pm On Oct 11, 2016
Just waiting to watch this movie on iroko or netflix with my speed happy Glo 4G LTE cool
Re: AY's "A Trip To Jamaica" Rakes In N80Million In 10 Days by southernbelle(f): 3:13pm On Oct 11, 2016
shocked shocked
Re: AY's "A Trip To Jamaica" Rakes In N80Million In 10 Days by vislabraye(m): 3:14pm On Oct 11, 2016
dealslip:
Good achievement but honestly after this AY should produce and allow other talented actor do the thing. That movie was not funny in anyway and AY was trying too hard to be funny and no storyline as well.

All the same enjoy your achievement AY
j

Na una buy the movie nah . Ay is not funny but he's innovative. I won't bother watching any of his show.
Re: AY's "A Trip To Jamaica" Rakes In N80Million In 10 Days by beyondwalls: 3:38pm On Oct 11, 2016
Bros me sef need eyes opening ooo...

Larrylarex:
I said this same prayer two months ago and God answered it via someone from this forum. If u contact me your eyes might just be opened to opportunities just like u prayed for
Re: AY's "A Trip To Jamaica" Rakes In N80Million In 10 Days by shumuel(m): 3:52pm On Oct 11, 2016
TunezMediaTV:
Comedian AY Makun latest comedy, A Trip to Jamaica has made a whopping N80 million (eighty million Naira) across cinemas in Nigeria as at this morning.

According to reports from FilmHouse Distribution 'A Trip to Jamaica' is only 10 days old in the cinema but it has been confirmed that the box office figure is accurate. When media reached out to confirm speculations that the film had already made N60 million early today, they Cinema Distribution body said;

“The number is now actually N80m as of this morning,”.

Going by this figure, A Trip to Jamaica, Ayo Makun’s sophomore film as a producer, is set to smash the box office records currently held by 30 Days in Atlanta, which is also an AY film. The 2014 film made N160 million during its stay in Nigerian cinemas making it by far the highest grossing film in Nigeria till date.

The film currently screens to sold out audiences in cinemas across the country.

A Trip to Jamaica premiered on September 25, 2016 and it features major crowd-pullers Funke Akindele, AY Makun, singer Patoranking and others.

http://www.tunezmediablog.com/2016/10/comedian-ay-new-movie-trip-to-jamaica.html

angry And a Nairalander gave a bad preview of the movie. I must see the movie myself cheesy.
Re: AY's "A Trip To Jamaica" Rakes In N80Million In 10 Days by stephnkem22: 3:55pm On Oct 11, 2016
Correct movie

Re: AY's "A Trip To Jamaica" Rakes In N80Million In 10 Days by shumuel(m): 3:58pm On Oct 11, 2016
TheRealGEJ:
spent most of his life in delta and can speak the urhobo fluently

Nope he is from ONDO not Edo, his name is Ayomakun now.
Re: AY's "A Trip To Jamaica" Rakes In N80Million In 10 Days by Larrylarex(m): 4:03pm On Oct 11, 2016
beyondwalls:
Bros me sef need eyes opening ooo...

I've replied your PM. You kinda hijacked the info from the original 'eye opener guy' Lol grin
Re: AY's "A Trip To Jamaica" Rakes In N80Million In 10 Days by danbrowndmf(m): 4:06pm On Oct 11, 2016
When it comes to business in this comedy buriness,Nobody see's Ay's Back.ROLE MODEL TOH BAD!
Re: AY's "A Trip To Jamaica" Rakes In N80Million In 10 Days by Kakamorufu(m): 4:09pm On Oct 11, 2016
he tried. my money dey among sha
Re: AY's "A Trip To Jamaica" Rakes In N80Million In 10 Days by vandops10(m): 4:15pm On Oct 11, 2016
I went to the cinemas first time this year to watch this movie- not suprised its raking in much already- dey had to delete a movie just to show this movie at a particlar time at the cinema that night- see crowd.. I prefer to watch my naija guy movie, than one yeye hollywood wey no go add to my economy

1 Like

Re: AY's "A Trip To Jamaica" Rakes In N80Million In 10 Days by ipain: 4:18pm On Oct 11, 2016
TheRealGEJ:

Edo actually but spent most of his life in delta and can speak the urhobo fluently
oh okay.

The guy is clear description of ACTION and CONFIDENCE even if you don't know jack about what you do lol. People are just saying his movie is wack blah blah but are failing to read the underlying lesson.
Re: AY's "A Trip To Jamaica" Rakes In N80Million In 10 Days by nawtielizzie(f): 4:26pm On Oct 11, 2016
d movie z dope... xoxo funny.... jenifa rily killed it #Bola_bastard #Bola_stubborn
Re: AY's "A Trip To Jamaica" Rakes In N80Million In 10 Days by Twistaray(m): 4:28pm On Oct 11, 2016
ipain:
Na yoruba boy. Sorry

You are right after all.

Thought the man was from warri initially!
He grew up in warri but actually from ondo

Re: AY's "A Trip To Jamaica" Rakes In N80Million In 10 Days by shuggah(m): 4:31pm On Oct 11, 2016
djWALE:
I heard the movie is a "wash"..how true is this?
is 80mill wash too?
Re: AY's "A Trip To Jamaica" Rakes In N80Million In 10 Days by Ribena02(m): 4:33pm On Oct 11, 2016
MedicalSamwise:
AY is a business man not a comedian
I love his sense of bizness.. yelzyelz tongue
yeah yeah I agree with u, he's a business man cos he really made us of that business trait he's got, cos he featured one of d hottest. female actress in d industry right now , who will not want see our own Jeniva in action with AY #BusinessSense
Re: AY's "A Trip To Jamaica" Rakes In N80Million In 10 Days by djWALE(m): 4:35pm On Oct 11, 2016
shuggah:

is 80mill wash too?
dont know about that

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Frank Edoho Returns For Who Wants To Be A Millionaire TV Show, ₦20m Up For Grabs / Obama Referred To As Chris Ngige By NTA (Photo) / Grammatical Intelligence: Jenifa's Diary Not For Kids- My Opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.