Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,028 members, 7,953,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:29 AM

What I Saw This Morning - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What I Saw This Morning (1094 Views)

Things I Saw In A Coded Bar/motel, Bothering Me About Marriage! / My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash / What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Saw This Morning by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 11, 2016
I saw this lady and a baby sleeping in WAEC bus stop along Herbert Macaulay way in Yaba. I was moved but I can't do anything, neither do I know who to call on or what government agency or an NGO could handle such things. The baby is about a year old. They both appear vulnerable, destitute and unkempt. Pls whoever could help should. I don't know when they will 'migrate' from there.

Re: What I Saw This Morning by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 11, 2016
more

Re: What I Saw This Morning by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 11, 2016
another

Re: What I Saw This Morning by cassidy1996(m): 1:53pm On Oct 11, 2016
Lamb of GOD, have mercy on us....
Re: What I Saw This Morning by Swissheart(f): 1:55pm On Oct 11, 2016
Nawa o
Re: What I Saw This Morning by EHMIR(m): 2:08pm On Oct 11, 2016
Since u dont knw what to do or whom to call right now..kindly wake her nd tuck some nairas into her hand.

Then go and find a better way to help them,be an angel to them nd God will look down on you

2 Likes

Re: What I Saw This Morning by Acidosis(m): 2:21pm On Oct 11, 2016
Frustration
Re: What I Saw This Morning by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 11, 2016
EHMIR:
Since u dont knw what to do or whom to call right now..kindly wake her nd tuck some nairas into her hand.

Then go and find a better way to help them,be an angel to them nd God will look down on you
I would love to. though I'd already left the scene. But sometime these people can be so paranoid and irritable if not violent. She might turn down ones help. Though I'm not saying so. The best way to help them is through a registered NGO or government agency. I'd helped someone like that and found myself being bailed from Area H Police Station. May God help. I really want to, but I've had bad experiences. It's better to get help for them from a registered NGO.
Re: What I Saw This Morning by ever811(m): 2:48pm On Oct 11, 2016
na waooo.....

Re: What I Saw This Morning by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 11, 2016
Re: What I Saw This Morning by InformedLola(f): 3:17pm On Oct 11, 2016
TayeJiboluwa:

I would love to. though I'd already left the scene. But sometime these people can be so paranoid and irritable if not violent. She might turn down ones help. Though I'm not saying so. The best way to help them is through a registered NGO or government agency. I'd helped someone like that and found myself being bailed from Area H Police Station. May God help. I really want to, but I've had bad experiences. It's better to get help for them from a registered NGO.

You can Google NGOs and welfare centres in Lagos. You are in the best position to report this.
Re: What I Saw This Morning by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 11, 2016
InformedLola:

You can Google NGOs and welfare centres in Lagos. You are in the best position to report this.
Well, I am not the only one in position to help. I know you Miss Gbolahan. Lola. I am even in your Facebook professional group. We can do this together. I knew I should Google these thing but I don't even know what the response will be or if there exists any NGO that's into these kind of thing. Well I will do some search. But the reason I put it here in the first is to whomever it may concern to help. Any body with vital information should should pls assist. Thanks
Going to Google ......
Re: What I Saw This Morning by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 11, 2016
It's heart breaking.
Re: What I Saw This Morning by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 11, 2016
Abi.
Though they look destitute or they have problem but my concern is she's a lady and has a child with her. I'm worried about the child, his care and health. And the mother too. And the risks of staying in that spot.
Still looking at Google jare
Re: What I Saw This Morning by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 11, 2016
Do you know how embarrassing it to take photos of them? For what? undecided

Okay, after taking photos, in what way(s) did you offer any form of assistance to them?
Re: What I Saw This Morning by Nobody: 4:45pm On Oct 11, 2016
cry smiley
The purpose was not to take pictures of them and post on social media as story. I said I feel for them and I wish some NGO who's into this kind of thing would see it and respond since I don't know them or where they are.
I've had experience with these kind of people before and I even regretted helping at the end. That doesn't say I shouldn't love them or neglect them. But in this part of the world it's dangerous trying to so this alone. even in developed countries, other agencies take care of that. I'm not here to embarrass them but so that someone somewhere who knows what to do could do it. You're a lady, put yourself in her shoes with a child. Am I suppose to take her in Or just leave her out there as people pass by her. Please if there is something you could do, try, I'm trying...
Don't be offended.

(1) (Reply)

Cesarean Section (cs) Versus Normal/vaginal Delivery. / Snake Costume Lands Lady In Hospital / Regina Daniel Is Pregnant!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.