Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Will You Open A Business In Nigeria While You Live Abroad? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Will You Open A Business In Nigeria While You Live Abroad? (2853 Views)

I Need A Business Partner In Lagos And Aba . I Live Abroad. Please Get In Touch! / How To Open A Bank Account In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Open A Business In Nigeria While You Live Abroad? by alabiyemmy(m): 4:55am On Dec 28, 2006
Most of us have surmounted the fears and hurdles of opening businesses in Nigeria while we live outside Nigeria. For the sake of those who might be thinking of doing so, can we share ideas and experiences so that others may learn from some or those of us who have had the opportunity of doing this?

So, do you have/run a business in Nigeria while you are not necessarily resident in Nigeria? Are you planning to do the same? Have you had a bad experience doing so, please share, so that others will learn from either negative or positive experience like such.
Re: Will You Open A Business In Nigeria While You Live Abroad? by tEsLim(m): 8:24am On Dec 28, 2006
Thats a NO! No! --- Old saying put your money where your mouth is been. Mis-management will kill the biz. Even if na your blood brova u install there. Dont try it. When you come home finally good.
Re: Will You Open A Business In Nigeria While You Live Abroad? by Consultant(f): 10:02am On Dec 28, 2006
Tried it. Didn't work. It's very hard to do unless you find someone who shares your vision for the business, has excellent management skills AND is very honest.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Open A Business In Nigeria While You Live Abroad? by alabiyemmy(m): 11:03am On Dec 28, 2006
@ ALL

Interesting - but for me, its been so far so good?

1 Like

Re: Will You Open A Business In Nigeria While You Live Abroad? by eniola1310(f): 1:41pm On Dec 28, 2006
NO
Unless i want to die of hypertension
Re: Will You Open A Business In Nigeria While You Live Abroad? by alabiyemmy(m): 1:59pm On Dec 28, 2006
I put my brother to head mine - I also have workers, but made sure brother doesnt have access to cash, all payments goes thruogh the secretary who then takes money to bank. Made sure brother cant cllude with secretary or other workers, in short he doesnt have access to money paid by clients. So, it could still work.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Open A Business In Nigeria While You Live Abroad? by naijacutee(f): 3:25pm On Dec 28, 2006
I think it is by all means possible and even very rewarding too! If you have the right people (honest and hardworking) then the sky is your limit. I wouldn't advise to you listen to most of the discouraging stories above as your business model and techniques could differ from theirs. And so could the results.
Re: Will You Open A Business In Nigeria While You Live Abroad? by hbrednic: 4:09pm On Dec 28, 2006
u want to try it. look, look and look again very deep b/4 u leap.i learnt my lesson after losing a huge sum.didnt work for me, but might work for u who knows,but look very very well brother,otherwise you go wond oh.
Re: Will You Open A Business In Nigeria While You Live Abroad? by alabiyemmy(m): 4:34pm On Dec 28, 2006
@ naijacutee

Thanks very much - your contribution is solid - the success depends very much on the business model and techniques - doesnt mean all businesses will have the tendency to fail.
Re: Will You Open A Business In Nigeria While You Live Abroad? by ThoniaSlim(f): 8:24pm On Dec 28, 2006
yes i will i got people that are reliable and i could trust to handle all funds and run it well for me.
Re: Will You Open A Business In Nigeria While You Live Abroad? by dotcomnamename: 2:10pm On Mar 01, 2019
Very simple. make an advert for Business Manager Needed. The person must come with two to three sureties and must be civil servant, take them to your lawyer for interview and the person sign management deal. Trust me if he's not genuine he will run.

1 Like

Re: Will You Open A Business In Nigeria While You Live Abroad? by alexvatt(m): 4:05pm On Mar 01, 2019
Yes. I'm here to manage ur business for u. Reach me at alexyvatt@gmail.com. let have a business deal.
Re: Will You Open A Business In Nigeria While You Live Abroad? by honestpoju: 4:56pm On Mar 02, 2019
Hello all, I am very capable to handle your business for you. A few good ones are still out there.

You can reach me on 0703 208 8131
Re: Will You Open A Business In Nigeria While You Live Abroad? by manny4life(m): 7:51pm On Aug 08, 2019
honestpoju:
Hello all, I am very capable to handle your business for you. A few good ones are still out there.

You can reach me on 0703 208 8131

I am considering opening an online store but need to get the products, if your claim of being trustworthy is reliable, would you be willing to provide sureties? Thanks!!!
Re: Will You Open A Business In Nigeria While You Live Abroad? by honestpoju: 11:02pm On Aug 09, 2019
manny4life:

Yes I am ready to

I am considering opening an online store but need to get the products, if your claim of being trustworthy is reliable, would you be willing to provide sureties? Thanks!!!
Re: Will You Open A Business In Nigeria While You Live Abroad? by honestpoju: 5:56am On Aug 12, 2019
manny4life:

Yes I am willing to

Re: Will You Open A Business In Nigeria While You Live Abroad? by SavageResponse(m): 8:07am On Aug 12, 2019
alexvatt:
Yes. I'm here to manage ur business for u. Reach me at alexyvatt@gmail.com. let have a business deal.

Managing a business successfully depends on your previous experiences and skills.

You made no mention of these
Re: Will You Open A Business In Nigeria While You Live Abroad? by honestpoju: 10:43pm On Aug 13, 2019
manny4life:

Hello, I haven't hard back from you sir.
Re: Will You Open A Business In Nigeria While You Live Abroad? by honestpoju: 7:27pm On Feb 03, 2020
manny4life:

Good evening and how are you sir. Have you been able to start up your project?

1 Like

Re: Will You Open A Business In Nigeria While You Live Abroad? by webme(m): 7:40pm On Feb 03, 2020
Depends on the business you are doing. If it is Online you can be in anywhere and still be running it in Nigeria.
The best business anyone can do in Nigeria from outside the country is Logistic.

If you lives in China, US or anywhere that Nigerian usually buy goods from. If you start International Logistic business it will be profitable like kilode. Best do it with procurement.

I have alot of guys who import everyday from China US and I knew many people are rushing into this business every day.
You can see you have audience
Re: Will You Open A Business In Nigeria While You Live Abroad? by mimilogs: 7:44pm On Feb 03, 2020
manny4life:

Mimi Logistics does this for many people as we speak. Speak to our customer care on whatsapp for details
Re: Will You Open A Business In Nigeria While You Live Abroad? by honestpoju: 9:30am On May 17, 2020
Good morning folks,

I do hope everyone around the world is staying safe. We will all come out stronger and better.
I wouldn't want to bore you with stories, so I will just cut to the chase.
This piece is targeted at Nigerians living abroad. I know there have been stories of folks sending money home for projects to be done and in the long run, nothing was actually done. Reason being that the funds had been squandered, and similar experiences etcetera.

I am here to tell you to have no fear anymore.
If you want to embark of any kind of project back in Nigeria ( building, buying and selling of products, exporting staples abroad) and you need a reliable and trustworthy individual. I AM YOUR GOTO Guy.

I can be reached on phone and via WhatsApp on 08027569011.
N:B: any information you need as regarding authenticity, validity and guarantee. I can provide and will be ready to sign documents.

Thank you and God bless.

Poju

alabiyemmy:
Most of us have surmounted the fears and hurdles of opening businesses in Nigeria while we live outside Nigeria. For the sake of those who might be thinking of doing so, can we share ideas and experiences so that others may learn from some or those of us who have had the opportunity of doing this?

So, do you have/run a business in Nigeria while you are not necessarily resident in Nigeria? Are you planning to do the same? Have you had a bad experience doing so, please share, so that others will learn from either negative or positive experience like such.
Re: Will You Open A Business In Nigeria While You Live Abroad? by honestpoju: 9:32am On May 17, 2020
[quote author=honestpoju post=81170714][/quote]

Are you still opting for your online store sir? Have you started out?

(1) (Reply)

Your Motivational And Inspirational Page / 2017 Investment Offer In Agriculture. / Where/how Can I Buy Bulk Data To Resell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.