Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest (77138 Views)

First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary / Quality Bulldozer Land Clearing Service Nationwide. Reliable services. / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 12:36am On Oct 13, 2016
30 Days old

Two days after application of NPK 15:15:15

Look closely, that white substance beside picture 2 is NPK.

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 12:40am On Oct 13, 2016
I missed this

Day 25

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 12:47am On Oct 13, 2016
34 days old

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 12:51am On Oct 13, 2016
38 days old

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 12:56am On Oct 13, 2016
Keneking:
How big would the cucumber be during harvest?
Any support from government?

Which government? My govt, local government, state government or federal government?

Is the govt that cannot subsidy farm inputs?

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 12:56am On Oct 13, 2016
okoye66:

U talk with experience tho.

Straight from the farm. Thank you
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 12:57am On Oct 13, 2016
optional1:
na wa ooo lala no even allow Op land first e don push am to fp...

Deris God oooo

Op welldone work more grace to ur cucumber....
Thank you
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 12:59am On Oct 13, 2016
Firefire:
Good. tongue

Proudly a farmer.

I have also added Cucumber Farming to my portfolio.

Good one
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 1:00am On Oct 13, 2016
Hennynitan:
How long did it take to harvest from the day of planting pls?

Keep following
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 1:01am On Oct 13, 2016
wittyt98:

I really like the fact that u re not of those youths still looking for the government to come and give them jobs you re smart ... I pray your business grows well

pls if I may ask
how long did it take to harvest right from the day of planting?? and how do you intend to sell them ..how much do they buy and about what amount should one expect to gain from 100 cucumbers ?
thank u

Keep following
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 1:03am On Oct 13, 2016
LockDown69:

Where can I buy the seeds?
Call Agritropic Ltd 08034149810
Agritropic Ltd
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 1:05am On Oct 13, 2016
LANGIDI:
WHERE CAN I BUY TOKYO F1

Call Agritropic Ltd
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 1:07am On Oct 13, 2016
Firefire:

You are on the right track sir, forget the distractors... some of us are following you and other great minds/farmers religiously...

God bless our hustle...

Thank you sir
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 1:08am On Oct 13, 2016
Firefire:

Can you please post clear pictures of the trellis from the plant to the stake and how firm they are...?

Thank you in advance.
I have e done that at day 30
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 1:09am On Oct 13, 2016
blazer234:

That lady, is she your sister? I hope she is and not your...... sad

Lol... Hope no problem
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 1:14am On Oct 13, 2016
Sometimes the vines need assistance to the trellis.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 1:22am On Oct 13, 2016
Harvest

On the average, Hybrid cucumbers mature at 45 days from planting.

Harvest is at 4-5 days interval depending on the size of the farm, target market, the plants and one's availability.
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 1:26am On Oct 13, 2016
Day 44

I made the first harvest

Thank you all for following.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 1:35am On Oct 13, 2016
Signed, sealed and delivered as advised by Pavore9.

Thank you

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by Firefire(m): 3:06am On Oct 13, 2016
jephito:
Signed, sealed and delivered as advised by Pavore9.

Thank you

Thanks Masters... tongue
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by blazer234: 3:35am On Oct 13, 2016
jephito:

Lol... Hope no problem

A man's interested, dasall
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by Dadanoah(m): 8:50am On Oct 13, 2016
jephito:
I will leave all the stories for market women and go straight to the point.

If you are one of the market woman, lol... Use this link.
https://www.nairaland.com/3304342/cucumber-farming-experience-lagos

My farm is located at Odo-egiri, Epe, Lagos State.

dats nice! weldone
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by aquadude15: 9:34am On Oct 13, 2016
jephito:
Manure application and planting

I do "on the spot" manure application. By this I mean the spot I intend to plant the seed.

Then plant on row at 50cm space and 1inch deep. I plant one seed per hole.
pls how do you apply the manure b4 planting and wat quantity do you apply on the spot,then is their still nid to apply manure again after the first application
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by Caseless: 9:51am On Oct 13, 2016
Keneking:
How big would the cucumber be during harvest?
Any support from government?
lazy man, always thinking of what government should do for you.
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by owoademola: 11:12am On Oct 13, 2016
jephito:
Pests and diseases

To prevent and control diseases and pests, I use insecticide a d Fungicide.

I spray insecticide at 4-5 days interval starting from after planting/before the plants sprout till harvest.

Fungicide is sprayed in that manner too but I usually start spraying it when the crop is more than 10 days whether infection or not.

Prevention they say is better than cure.
I really appreciate your effort, kindly continue to work towards greater goal.
This is what I want to be seeing from NL not abusing the Man that said we should look inward.
I will be posting my Processing Plant soon, once its completed not depending on Dollar like some ignorance on this Forum that does not know the meaning of opportunity.
Kudos to you guy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by Dadanoah(m): 11:55am On Oct 13, 2016
BRO.JEPHITO,I REALY APPRECIATE UR EFORT AND STRENGHT. THANKS

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by Dadanoah(m): 1:01pm On Oct 13, 2016
jephito:
Pests and diseases

To prevent and control diseases and pests, I use insecticide a d Fungicide.

I spray insecticide at 4-5 days interval starting from after planting/before the plants sprout till harvest.

Fungicide is sprayed in that manner too but I usually start spraying it when the crop is more than 10 days whether infection or not.

Prevention they say is better than cure.
pls dnt be vex abt my question....Do u mix insecticite and fungicide together and spray it every four!four! interval or what?...please which method do u use to spray it in time of harvest?,because chemical wil be at the cucumber skin and its harmful like that. THaNKS
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by SenatorJames(m): 7:05am On Oct 14, 2016
I hope we the youths are seeing something here and planning to make good use of the information.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Huge Crocodile Caught Alive Behind A Nairalander's Poultry Farm In Ogun State / King Cobra Caught With A Wire Trap / Top 10 Food Crops Produced In Nigeria..which State?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.