Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

What Is Wrong With My Ps2? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / What Is Wrong With My Ps2? (947 Views)

I Want To Sell My Ps2 ,complete Accesories With Flash Port. / How Do I Configure My Ps2 Emulator / My Ps2 Isn't Playing Pirated Cds, What Do I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With My Ps2? by lonelypal(m): 9:58am On Oct 20, 2009
Hi guys, got a lil prob with my ps2, its a new console and i tried operatiing it for d first time but it reads on ma screen to 'insert a PLAYSTATION 1 OR PLAYSTATION 2 FORMAT DISC'. what could have gone wrong guyz? all other gadgets are intact-memo card, game c.d, joystick, pls anyone in da house wit a useful hint on what i can do? hb thanx
Re: What Is Wrong With My Ps2? by Shola2009(m): 10:20am On Oct 20, 2009
The problem is that ur still using a console that is meant to be extint! go get urself something new man?? new ps2??
Re: What Is Wrong With My Ps2? by audacious: 9:19pm On Oct 20, 2009
lonelypal:

Hi guys, got a lil prob with my ps2, its a new console and i tried operatiing it for d first time but it reads on ma screen to 'insert a PLAYSTATION 1 OR PLAYSTATION 2 FORMAT DISC'. what could have gone wrong guyz? all other gadgets are intact-memo card, game c.d, joystick, pls anyone in da house wit a useful hint on what i can do? hb thanx

Was the game disk you tried to play an original one or a pirated one? If it was a pirated disk then your PS2 isn't chipped to play pirated (i.e. you'll only be able to play original disks)

Shola2009:

The problem is that your still using a console that is meant to be extint! go get urself something new man?? new ps2??

@ Shola2009, You don't have to be such an ASS!. No be by force to post if you don't have anything positive to contribute.
Re: What Is Wrong With My Ps2? by Shola2009(m): 9:29pm On Oct 20, 2009
^^ wasnt that positive?? i told him to get a new console, anything wrong?? so what are you saying??
Re: What Is Wrong With My Ps2? by audacious: 3:14pm On Oct 21, 2009
lonelypal:

@ Shola2009 he said his console is new, what's the point of telling him to get another one?. If you meant he gets a PS3 because (in your words) the PS2 is extinct, for your information games are still being released for the PS2. Besides he is seeking help on playing a game disk and not asking for opinion on getting a new console.
Re: What Is Wrong With My Ps2? by kosovo(m): 3:36pm On Oct 21, 2009
@Shola2009, you are an ass!
    @poster, since you said it's a new console, you might have inserted a pirated disc, so you will need to get your ps2 chipped to enable it recognize the disc. or better still, be a patriotic Nigerian by buying ORIGNIAL PLATES cheesy
Re: What Is Wrong With My Ps2? by Shola2009(m): 3:39pm On Oct 21, 2009
^^and hw did u come to that conclusion??
Re: What Is Wrong With My Ps2? by dival247(m): 10:43pm On Oct 21, 2009
you can check the back of ur console maybe is nstc , jap or pal , that's will tell u the type of cds u have to buy, NOT EVERY ONE LIKE TO PIRATE THEY GAME CONSOLE , YOU CAN CONTACT LEXMAN 08023321050 IF U WON TO BUY ORIGINAL CD
Re: What Is Wrong With My Ps2? by kosovo(m): 10:52am On Oct 22, 2009
@dival247
missed that point, the proliferation of pirated games and cd's made that happen.
Great, that could be another reason,

(1) (Reply)

I Need These Ps3 Games @ Good Prices / Top Games Download / For All Lovers Of The Manager Series

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.