Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,231 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

See The Question A Student Asked That Kept The Teacher Off Balance - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See The Question A Student Asked That Kept The Teacher Off Balance (6058 Views)

This Grammar Question Will Throw You Off Balance / Hilarious: After A Poor Performance, And The Teacher Says You Need To "Sit Up" / See The Question A Student Asked That Kept The Teacher Off Balance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Question A Student Asked That Kept The Teacher Off Balance by IMASTEX: 12:51pm On Oct 12, 2016
A curious student was forced to ask the teacher:
"Sir, why are students expected to read and pass all the subjects. But a teacher only take just one subject?"

If you were the teacher, what would be your response?

Cc: Seun
Lalasticlala

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Question A Student Asked That Kept The Teacher Off Balance by respect80(m): 1:04pm On Oct 12, 2016
That is the difference between a teacher and a student.
And if that students thinks it's easier to be a teacher then he or she should follow the necessary criteria and become a teacher period. tongue

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Question A Student Asked That Kept The Teacher Off Balance by YhungPablo(m): 1:05pm On Oct 12, 2016
nothing much.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Question A Student Asked That Kept The Teacher Off Balance by Zikavirus(m): 1:22pm On Oct 12, 2016
IMASTEX:
"Sir, why are students expected to read and pass all the subjects. But a teacher only take just one subject?"

Go Ask buhari...

1 Like

Re: See The Question A Student Asked That Kept The Teacher Off Balance by timoteus(m): 1:53pm On Oct 12, 2016
So you won't blame a single teacher for all your subjects

2 Likes

Re: See The Question A Student Asked That Kept The Teacher Off Balance by IMASTEX: 3:12pm On Oct 12, 2016
Zikavirus:

Go Ask buhari...
Sorry, is that a new search engine?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Question A Student Asked That Kept The Teacher Off Balance by DozieInc(m): 4:24pm On Oct 12, 2016
As a student you are expected to learn all the subjects and make attempts to answer all questions during exams, for the following reasons.

1. To broaden your field of knowledge .

2. To know your area of interest and strenght.

3. To help you develop the ability to multi-task etc .

Imagine what your academic life would look like if you didnt do certain subjects ( maths, physics, history etc) because you hate them.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Question A Student Asked That Kept The Teacher Off Balance by lemonys(m): 5:12pm On Oct 12, 2016
The teacher did not fall from heaven, he also have to pass all his courses to get to where he is today. I don't think any student can use dat as an excuse for failing, beta sit and study. Lazy students everywhere.

5 Likes

Re: See The Question A Student Asked That Kept The Teacher Off Balance by jnrbayano(m): 5:14pm On Oct 12, 2016
Any teacher this question throws off balance deserves not to be a teacher.

3 Likes

Re: See The Question A Student Asked That Kept The Teacher Off Balance by Elthugnificent(m): 6:43pm On Oct 12, 2016
You must be the teacher. Nothing logical about the question, just a child inquisitive mind at work..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Question A Student Asked That Kept The Teacher Off Balance by THUNDAR(m): 7:10pm On Oct 12, 2016
Presently am a teacher!

and if any of my student ask me such ridiculous question, my answers will be:

1. Both of us are not hear to learn! you are the one who's here to learn

2. you are like a farm, every seed planted in you will be required of you! since different farmers have planted different seeds in you, nature demands they require their seeds from you!

3. And finally: that is what you pay for! if you want to attend a single class and write a single exam go and learn hand work n stop wasting your parents money!

now sit down!

4 Likes

Re: See The Question A Student Asked That Kept The Teacher Off Balance by MENZPRIDE(m): 8:59pm On Oct 12, 2016
@ The Beginning, We Learn Few Things About Everything. Towards The End, We Learn Everything About Few Things { or ONE THING }

3 Likes

Re: See The Question A Student Asked That Kept The Teacher Off Balance by Tobbey(m): 9:07pm On Oct 12, 2016
THUNDAR:
Presently am a teacher!

2. you are like a farm, every seed planted in you will be required of you! since different farmers have planted different seeds in you, nature demands they require their seeds from you!

3. And finally: that is what you pay for! if you want to attend a single class and write a single exam go and learn hand work n stop wasting your parents money!

now sit down!

What do you mean??
Teachers don't also learn from the students??
Re: See The Question A Student Asked That Kept The Teacher Off Balance by TemmyWon(f): 9:29pm On Oct 12, 2016
Well, I'm a teacher and my response would be
" I've written these same papers years ago, I'm teacher just one so I can pay more attention to your questions. Next"

1 Like

Re: See The Question A Student Asked That Kept The Teacher Off Balance by TemmyWon(f): 9:29pm On Oct 12, 2016
Well, I'm a teacher and my response would be
" I've written these same papers years ago, I'm teaching just one so that I can pay more attention to your questions. Next"
Re: See The Question A Student Asked That Kept The Teacher Off Balance by solace89(m): 9:52pm On Oct 12, 2016
If u ask me na who I go ask?
Re: See The Question A Student Asked That Kept The Teacher Off Balance by lilkhaleefa1(m): 10:09pm On Oct 12, 2016
jnrbayano:
Any teacher this question throws off balance deserves not to be a teacher.
bros small small abeg
Re: See The Question A Student Asked That Kept The Teacher Off Balance by Nobody: 10:35pm On Oct 12, 2016
Some teachers will sweat to answer that
Re: See The Question A Student Asked That Kept The Teacher Off Balance by Rapsowdee01(m): 11:26pm On Oct 12, 2016
Simple Answer !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Question A Student Asked That Kept The Teacher Off Balance by deltateam: 5:04am On Oct 13, 2016
THUNDAR:
Presently am a teacher!

now sit down!

You will be making a huge mistake if you think as a teacher that you already know it all with that attitude of yours;"both of us are not here to learn".
With the help of information technology, it is possible for a student to be ahead of the teacher in knowledge through research and information. The duty of a teacher in this modern time is to create an atmosphere conducive for learning to ensue through good classroom management. A teacher is a facilitator of learning.

Now you shouldn't shout down at a student for asking a question which you did in your last sentence. It does not encourage learning. When you keep shouting and intimidating your students, no one will wish to speak nor even answer your own questions. So then how will guage that they learnt? Set an exam? You will be surprised at the number of mass failure.
Re: See The Question A Student Asked That Kept The Teacher Off Balance by deltateam: 5:18am On Oct 13, 2016
I will simply tell the student that to be a teacher I had to learn different subjects too.
I will tell him that learning different subjects is a good thing as it will broaden his knowledge and understanding and ensure his relevance in the society.
I will also tell him that the course of study or path one chooses will determine the different subjects that one would offer as science students will do science courses in university with a bit of Arts courses to make them versatile and Arts students will offer Arts courses with a bit of science courses too.

I will finally tell him to ask questions in areas of difficulty in those subjects so that he can gain better understanding.

(I will invite him/her to the staff room for this one to avoid being streamlined by fellow students)
It is possible that the student asked that question out of frustration or was over stressed. I will also advice him to visit the school counsellor for follow up. Every school needs a guidance counsellor or Educational Psychologist for issues such as this.
Re: See The Question A Student Asked That Kept The Teacher Off Balance by jnrbayano(m): 6:37am On Oct 13, 2016
lilkhaleefa1:
bros small small abeg

Which one is "small small" again? cheesy
Re: See The Question A Student Asked That Kept The Teacher Off Balance by jnrbayano(m): 6:43am On Oct 13, 2016
THUNDAR:
Presently am a teacher!

now sit down!

Don't try this my friend cos you will loose your confidence infront of them.

All I reckon is to tell them that they can't be the president of this country, teacher, doctor, Engineer, Lawyer, Banker, Scientist, Agricurist, Economist etc if they don't learn other subjects.

This is called "motivation"

..and again, no question is ridiculous in class.
Re: See The Question A Student Asked That Kept The Teacher Off Balance by jnrbayano(m): 6:49am On Oct 13, 2016
deltateam:
I will simply tell the student that to be a teacher I had to learn different subjects too.
I will tell him that learning different subjects is a good thing as it will broaden his knowledge and understanding and ensure his relevance in the society.
I will also tell him that the course of study or path one chooses will determine the different subjects that one would offer as science students will do science courses in university with a bit of Arts courses to make them versatile and Arts students will offer Arts courses with a bit of science courses too.

I will finally tell him to ask questions in areas of difficulty in those subjects so that he can gain better understanding.

(I will invite him/her to the staff room for this one to avoid being streamlined by fellow students)
It is possible that the student asked that question out of frustration or was over stressed. I will also advice him to visit the school counsellor for follow up. Every school needs a guidance counsellor or Educational Psychologist for issues such as this.

Any teacher who knows his/her onions is a psychologist.

Your answer is great but only to students of a very high class.

A Primary 3 pupil won't understand it yet they can ask this very question.
Re: See The Question A Student Asked That Kept The Teacher Off Balance by frankcris(m): 10:33am On Oct 13, 2016
IMASTEX:
Sorry, is that a new search engine?
burst my head...
Re: See The Question A Student Asked That Kept The Teacher Off Balance by IMASTEX: 12:44pm On Oct 13, 2016
frankcris:

burst my head...
Lol
Re: See The Question A Student Asked That Kept The Teacher Off Balance by lilkhaleefa1(m): 1:45pm On Oct 13, 2016
jnrbayano:

cheesy
jnrbayano:

no b my fault i hear people dey say 'fine fine','sharp sharp' na im i.con try small small
Re: See The Question A Student Asked That Kept The Teacher Off Balance by babyfaceafrica: 1:56pm On Oct 13, 2016
story
Re: See The Question A Student Asked That Kept The Teacher Off Balance by THUNDAR(m): 5:46pm On Oct 13, 2016
jnrbayano:

Don't try this my friend cos you will loose your confidence infront of them.

All I reckon is to tell them that they can't be the president of this country, teacher, doctor, Engineer, Lawyer, Banker, Scientist, Agricurist, Economist etc if they don't learn other subjects.

This is called "motivation"

..and again, no question is ridiculous in class.

Confidence? me, loose confidence that's not just impossible it is unpossible !

asking a question that does not relate to what am teaching you in class is ridiculous!

well my student know to do better than ask a stupid question in my class! fear self no go allow you to be stupid!

I always tell them, if one day you forget all you are learning today, don't forget one think "don't be stupid"
Re: See The Question A Student Asked That Kept The Teacher Off Balance by jnrbayano(m): 5:53pm On Oct 13, 2016
THUNDAR:

Confidence? me, loose confidence that's not just impossible it is unpossible !

asking a question that does not relate to what am teaching you in class is ridiculous!

well my student know to do better than ask a stupid question in my class! fear self no go allow you to be stupid!

I always tell them, if one day you forget all you are learning today, don't forget one think "don't be stupid"

Don't scare your students. It is never a teaching skill.

1 Like

Re: See The Question A Student Asked That Kept The Teacher Off Balance by THUNDAR(m): 6:02pm On Oct 13, 2016
deltateam:

You will be making a huge mistake if you think as a teacher that you already know it all with that attitude of yours;"both of us are not here to learn".
With the help of information technology, it is possible for a student to be ahead of the teacher in knowledge through research and information. The duty of a teacher in this modern time is to create an atmosphere conducive for learning to ensue through good classroom management. A teacher is a facilitator of learning.

Now you shouldn't shout down at a student for asking a question which you did in your last sentence. It does not encourage learning. When you keep shouting and intimidating your students, no one will wish to speak nor even answer your own questions. So then how will guage that they learnt? Set an exam? You will be surprised at the number of mass failure.

from the way you are sounding, you have no teaching experience Bro!
come back to real life, there are teachers that take mess, there are those that give mess and there those that neither takes no give a mess!

remember those teachers that walk pass your windows in your secondary school days and without any one talking to you, you start adjusting your uniform? remember How you don't dare play in their class when they are teaching remember How you don't play when their tests or exams are approaching?

those where the teachers that built me, and those are the type that I follow their steps to build disciplinarians for tomorrow! if you have the guts to ask that question in my class I bet your mates will clap for you after d class.

the first school I thought I was playing with the student (students friend )and I discovered when you begin to play with students they take you for granted! av been teaching for years now and being strict is what the student needs!

and for your first paragraph: Am the IT staff in my school, and there is no way you can get ahead of me! no no no! I don't just know what I teach But av experienced what I teach!
Re: See The Question A Student Asked That Kept The Teacher Off Balance by IMASTEX: 3:10pm On Oct 14, 2016
Tobbey:

What do you mean??
Teachers don't also learn from the students??
Seconded: good question

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Cheapest Universities In UK For International Students / U.I Change Of Course Registration Has Commenced. / Beautiful Pictures Of St Kizito Secondary School Umudioka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.