Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,122 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Life Is Like Hard Drugs - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Life Is Like Hard Drugs (370 Views)

Life Is Like A Sexual Intercourse / Life Is Not Fair / Must Read Article:life Is Like A Graduate Without A Job In Nigeria By Wikinaija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Life Is Like Hard Drugs by toys2seven(m): 2:10pm On Oct 12, 2016
Before you continue reading, I’ll like to beg your indulgence to pay a bit more attention. Not necessarily putting what you’re doing on hold but just don’t read through – think through with me on this. You know, they say the truth is a bitter pill to swallow, well I say it depends on how open or close minded one is, while using the pill.

On the side, you know, the social media has a way presenting you with things that surround your interest; especially when you start to use it intentionally. In other words, when you start to intentionally use the social media and not allow it use you… Well, story for another day.

So, I was taking some notes while watching some Instagram videos (I hope I’m not the only who does this) and I had to fight the urge to start punching keys on my keyboard afterwards but I can only say the aftermath of a training I attended recently has brought me to this point. Hopefully I’ve not bored you with my digression.

You know, life is like hard drugs and the question you would most likely ask is – How?

Now, come to this: Why do people do drugs? Is it because they are ignorant of the fact that it’s bad for them and it can in fact kill them? My guess is Nope! People in fact do drugs because of how it makes them FEEL. Well, there you have the basis of the very nature of man; a nature we took from God himself – We all are beings of FEELINGS.

People do drugs, even get addicted to it, despite the fact that it has a lot of health damaging effects but the temporary FEELING, which is the RESULT of taking the drugs is the basic reason people do drugs. The last verse in the first chapter of the bible validates the fact that we take every action, every decision, based on the FEELINGS we get as a RESULT of our ACTIONS; that are determined by our DECISIONS.

Hope that didn’t get confusing.

I’m not an expert at these sort of things, never probably ever done it before but take your eyes of this article for half a minute, take intentionally and slow deep breaths and we’ll continue when you’re done. Oh, by the way, there are like 10 deep breaths in 30 seconds. Now, take your recess. Would you?...

…Welcome back. Was that refreshing in any way? Now, what do you think when you hear words like Sweat, Pain, and Sleeplessness? Negatives right? But can you successfully keep fit in the gym without sweating? Can a baby (a bundle of joy) be delivered without any form of pain? Can there be any good success without the sacrifice of sleep?

To round it up, if you think about it very well, life is just like hard drugs. The real end of every ACTION is not the RESULT; not at all. The end is the FEELING we get from the RESULT. The problem is, everybody wants to get the RESULTS and yes, everybody makes the DECISIONS that would lead to that FEELING but only a few actually take the required necessary ACTION and in this category falls those who actually get the FEELING of fulfillment.

Everyone would love to be fit, smart and rich (RESULT – FEELING) but not everyone would be willing to follow through with the process of gyming, studying and working hard. Even though a lot of people decide to (DECISION – ACTION) and this is where the problem is. But trust me, if you can follow through your DECISIONS with ACTIONS and hold out long enough through thick and thin, then your RESULTS are sure to give you the FEELING that it was all totally worth it.

The question is: Are you willing to work for that FEELING?

Mature Minds Talk.

Original Content: http://www.maturemindstalk.com/2016/10/life-is-like-hard-drugs.html

Re: Life Is Like Hard Drugs by yomi007k(m): 5:17pm On Oct 12, 2016
No be lie oo
Re: Life Is Like Hard Drugs by Nobody: 11:36pm On Oct 12, 2016
Too long. Someone please post a summary.

(1) (Reply)

#changebeginswithme – A Poem By Aneta Chinsell / Etisalat Flash Fiction / The Racism Of Chimamanda Adichie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.