Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,513 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Wizkid Dumps L.A.X From His Label, Starboy Record - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid Dumps L.A.X From His Label, Starboy Record (33242 Views)

Wizkid Dumps Tiwa Savage And Teni. See Who He Is After Now / Davido Signs Chioma's Brother Into His Label. / Wizkid Signs Terry To Starboy Record Label (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid Dumps L.A.X From His Label, Starboy Record by adeboizy11(m): 4:19pm On Oct 12, 2016
All of you talking banter. D contract expired last year. Infact, wizkid limited l.a.x if only u know of a lot dah goes on behind d scenes.
Re: Wizkid Dumps L.A.X From His Label, Starboy Record by HazzanTazzan(m): 4:21pm On Oct 12, 2016
LAX is really good tho
Re: Wizkid Dumps L.A.X From His Label, Starboy Record by motive(m): 4:24pm On Oct 12, 2016
I smell some lies hia

Op u no well
Re: Wizkid Dumps L.A.X From His Label, Starboy Record by freya8(f): 4:39pm On Oct 12, 2016
OP you shouldn't have used the word dump na
Re: Wizkid Dumps L.A.X From His Label, Starboy Record by danfidel01(m): 4:41pm On Oct 12, 2016
Taylorsw1ft:
Lol why big artistes dey drop small artistes like this?
Mi abaga kicked Milli And pryse outta choc city
Olamide kicked Xino and chinko ekun outta ybnl
Now wizkid had dropped lax. Issokay grin

ARE U KIDDING ME shocked shocked
SO PRYSE IS OUT OF CHOCOLATE CITY!!!! I feel for the girl sha, cos she's that GOOD. cry
Re: Wizkid Dumps L.A.X From His Label, Starboy Record by cute9ja: 4:42pm On Oct 12, 2016
Taylorsw1ft:

Na economic recession, artistes self dey downsize

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Dumps L.A.X From His Label, Starboy Record by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 12, 2016
Dump thread grin
Re: Wizkid Dumps L.A.X From His Label, Starboy Record by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 12, 2016
How much does Nigerian music label signs their artists?

Meanwhile,i learn when they sign an artist he/she will pay for his/her studio session,video shoot and promotions.
Re: Wizkid Dumps L.A.X From His Label, Starboy Record by power900: 5:03pm On Oct 12, 2016
Taylorsw1ft:
those guys aren't small artiste, they just guys looking to make a living outtta music_
Re: Wizkid Dumps L.A.X From His Label, Starboy Record by Senorprinz(m): 5:06pm On Oct 12, 2016
this post dey make sleep catch me on top bicycle. cry
Re: Wizkid Dumps L.A.X From His Label, Starboy Record by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 12, 2016
Jarizod:
Abeg which song LAX don sing gan apart from being signed to wizzy's label I don't know any of his tracks
He did a song with Yung Willis. I know Yung Willis lol. He's one of the producers in Seyi Shay's competition.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Dumps L.A.X From His Label, Starboy Record by Taylorsw1ft: 5:21pm On Oct 12, 2016
danfidel01:

ARE U KIDDING ME shocked shocked
SO PRYSE IS OUT OF CHOCOLATE CITY!!!! I feel for the girl sha, cos she's that GOOD. cry
. Yes now. Shes now independent
Re: Wizkid Dumps L.A.X From His Label, Starboy Record by Taylorsw1ft: 5:22pm On Oct 12, 2016
cute9ja:

Na economic recession, artistes self dey downsize
lol i suspect so
Re: Wizkid Dumps L.A.X From His Label, Starboy Record by Jacko1(m): 5:24pm On Oct 12, 2016
Shey na engineer him be

Beta go major for ur field

Cos infact i no dey even play ur song halfway on youtube

Except ginger..... Ginga was tite
Re: Wizkid Dumps L.A.X From His Label, Starboy Record by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 12, 2016
Hope Lax would be fine ooo I have a huge crush on him!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Dumps L.A.X From His Label, Starboy Record by SaffronSpice: 5:36pm On Oct 12, 2016
I hope he gets to the top soon.
L.A.X. is good.
Ole ft Ycee & Dreemo is major.
Re: Wizkid Dumps L.A.X From His Label, Starboy Record by Kobicove(m): 5:48pm On Oct 12, 2016
The guy music career no gree 'blow' after how many years, that's why dem dump am grin

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Dumps L.A.X From His Label, Starboy Record by noob03saibot(m): 5:53pm On Oct 12, 2016
Wow! That's bad. Meanwhile check this sick spitter out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM4iDtmmmjA
Re: Wizkid Dumps L.A.X From His Label, Starboy Record by jamolonblog: 5:56pm On Oct 12, 2016
Carcass of HUGE dead whale found on Akwa Ibom beach (Photos) http://www.oleeverkingblog.com/2016/10/carcass-of-huge-dead-whale-found-on.html
Re: Wizkid Dumps L.A.X From His Label, Starboy Record by Yinkey6(m): 6:22pm On Oct 12, 2016
Taylorsw1ft:
Actually point of correction Pryse is still in Chocolate City.......... Chocolate City Female Rapper...
tongue
Taylorsw1ft:
Actually point of correction Pryse is still in Chocolate City.......... Chocolate City Female Rapper...
Re: Wizkid Dumps L.A.X From His Label, Starboy Record by sunshineV(f): 6:24pm On Oct 12, 2016
Yomieluv:
is it all about getting paid..anybody can get paid.

Packaging can get you to high place,talent keeps you there..
if u didn't know now u know
Re: Wizkid Dumps L.A.X From His Label, Starboy Record by Bhaelarkush(m): 6:27pm On Oct 12, 2016
of course he will be dropped

Most nigerian artistes don't even kno wah they signed in contract

The label must have paid him advance money upon signing him which is to be paid back from album sales and others which obviously he didn't do

Sometimes its best to stay independent cos if u know how much labels rip off of artistes..u will shocked

Some might only earn 10% of album sales depending on contract terms which the ignorant artiste might not have seen upon signing
Re: Wizkid Dumps L.A.X From His Label, Starboy Record by PukkaBlog(m): 7:16pm On Oct 12, 2016
he couldn't keep up. No hit song after ginger'
Re: Wizkid Dumps L.A.X From His Label, Starboy Record by MNDY(m): 7:31pm On Oct 12, 2016
olumaxi:
LAX nothin do u.....enjoying 'gimme dat' when i saw dis news online....d sky is ur limit..keep dishin out nice songs

"Gimme Dat" is a very tight tune, I love it to pieces! "Fine Boy" was also quite good, I've not heard "Awon Da" but I'm curious to listen to his works. He should have just released the two albums as agreed na! L.A.X is quite good!
Re: Wizkid Dumps L.A.X From His Label, Starboy Record by MNDY(m): 7:32pm On Oct 12, 2016
olumaxi:
LAX nothin do u.....enjoying 'gimme dat' when i saw dis news online....d sky is ur limit..keep dishin out nice songs

"Gimme Dat" is a very tight tune, I love it to pieces! "Fine Boy" ft. Olamide was also quite good, I've not heard "Awon Da" but I'm curious to listen to his works. He should have just released the two albums as agreed na! L.A.X is quite good!
Re: Wizkid Dumps L.A.X From His Label, Starboy Record by TheBraggg(m): 7:36pm On Oct 12, 2016
Lol, I'm sure he wasn't making anything frm L.A.X.. Mr Eazi will pay more sha..
Re: Wizkid Dumps L.A.X From His Label, Starboy Record by Taylorsw1ft: 7:47pm On Oct 12, 2016
Yinkey6:

tongue
. Gather your facts bro Go. Check her twitter bio
Re: Wizkid Dumps L.A.X From His Label, Starboy Record by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 12, 2016
goaldynboy:

1. Caro
2. Gimme dat
u left out Ginger
Re: Wizkid Dumps L.A.X From His Label, Starboy Record by olumaxi(m): 8:50pm On Oct 12, 2016
MNDY:

"Gimme Dat" is a very tight tune, I love it to pieces! "Fine Boy" was also quite good, I've not heard "Awon Da" but I'm curious to listen to his works. He should have just released the two albums as agreed na! L.A.X is quite good!
yeah...av u also heard 'YETUNDE'?.........d guy is good....wizzy could decide to spend his tym and money on eazi from ghana....na im loss
Re: Wizkid Dumps L.A.X From His Label, Starboy Record by Cannonleo(m): 8:50pm On Oct 12, 2016
TunezBlog:
Starboy chief, Wizkid has parted ways with his protege, L.A.X after he didn't renew his contract with the label upon expiry.

Back in August 2013, Wizkid had announced on twitter that he signed L.A.X to his Starboy Records. Fast forward to December 2014, L.A.X, in an exclusive interview said, ‘I have a record label deal with Starboy to release two albums in a duration of two years.‘
So according to calculations this contract ended in 2015, without the release of the two album as promised

To confirm this, during his acceptance speech at the 17th Ghana Music Awards early in 2016, where he won the African Artiste of the Year Award, Nigerian pop star, Wizkid made a special announcement unveiling three new acts under his Starboy Entertainment Worldwide, they include, Eyfa, R2Bees and Mr Eazi with L.A.X failing to get any mention.

L.A.X put spark to the report by not using any Starboy logo or identity in his new video, Awon Da also removing all Starboy Records mentioned on his social media.

Even his manager, Remi Oyedipe, who has managed L.A.X since 2010, signed a new management deal with Gas promotions that has no affiliation to Starboy.

The future might look bleak for L.A.X, but Nigerian stars who have previously been let off by their old labels, always find away to bounce back in the game, we only hope he can do it soon, as the music scene tend to forget faces fast.

http://www.tunezmediablog.com/2016/10/wizkid-dumps-lax-from-his-label-starboy.html

Mr Eazi on point

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Traditional Wedding Cake Of Oritsefemi And Nabila Fash / Jumobi Damijo's Birthday: Richard Mofe-Damijo Celebrates Wife's Birthday / Charly Boy Visits Majek Fashek At His Rehab Center

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.