Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,738 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Urgent Advice Needed To Make A Lifetime Decision - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Urgent Advice Needed To Make A Lifetime Decision (772 Views)

Urgent Advice / Prophet Muhammad (SAW) Never Beat A Human Or Animal Through Out His Lifetime / Build A Mosque In Your Lifetime. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Advice Needed To Make A Lifetime Decision by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 12, 2016
Asalam alaykum waramotullah. A question for all: Is it ideal or advisable to marry someone who isnt as religiously committed as u are.
Say for instance, a muslim lady who is striving to bcm more pious and trying to adhere to d basic principles of quran and sunnah now marries a rational muslim guy who hardly knows anything outside the 5pillars of islam. Thanks for ur swift response.
Cc: Lexiconkabir
Empiree
Contact17
Kazrem
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Make A Lifetime Decision by Nobody: 4:48pm On Oct 12, 2016
Can spot lexiconkabir viewing

Will wait for his response

2 Likes

Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Make A Lifetime Decision by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 12, 2016
sherryshitt:
Asalam alaykum waramotullah. A question for all: Is it ideal or advisable to marry someone who isnt as religiously committed as u are.
Say for instance, a muslim lady who is striving to bcm more pious and trying to adhere to d basic principles of quran and sunnah now marries a rational muslim guy who hardly knows anything outside the 5pillars of islam. Thanks for ur swift response.
Empiree
Contact17
Kazrem

If she is pious enough to draw the husband more closer to Allah (SWT). Then it's a welcome development and she will get reward for the Jihad.

But according to your post, she is not yet pious. She is only striving to become pious. I strongly believe that the husband might make her less pious as she was before marriage. Except if her piousness can make the Husband more religious, then I advocate such marriage.

Basically it defends on the wife's ability to be steadfast.

I know nothing but He the knower of Knowledge Knows.

2 Likes

Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Make A Lifetime Decision by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 12, 2016
If the person you are about to marry is serious about his religion, prays regularly and avoids haraam things, then he is a righteous person and you should marry him, take care of him, and help him to perfect his righteousness.

The fact that he falls short in seeking knowledge, or he has not reached the ideal level that the wife-to-be is dreaming of is not a reason. There is man but someone else is better than him and more perfect than him, because there is no limit to perfection.

What you are seeking of life filled with faith, righteous deeds and virtues, you can obtain by striving hard and seeking the means that will help you to attain that, such as finding righteous friends, attending lectures and seminars, taking part in Qur’an memorisation circles and da‘wah programs, listening to beneficial lessons, and so on.

How many women there are who are knowledgeable, have memorized Qur’an and call people to Allaah, whilst their husbands are ordinary, righteous, regular Muslims? In order for you to attain these high levels it is not essential that the man you wish to marey join you in that. You do not know, perhaps if you focus on attaining these things that will help your husband(if you eventually marry) and encourage him to join you in that. The intelligent, wise woman can change many of her husband’s habits and interests; what matters is that she is trying to fulfil her duties towards him, treats him kindly and does not cause annoyance for him.

But all in all, its all about your standards, if you feel he won't meet your standards, its your right to go for another person that meets your standards, you shouldn't marry out of pity or pressure or anything else except you really want to marry that person AFTER HIS RELIGION IS CONFIRMED.

WAllaahu a'lam.

4 Likes

Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Make A Lifetime Decision by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 12, 2016
wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

I will start by mentioning that I am honestly very hesitant to comment because I don’t have the knowledge to be giving fatwa and I am not fully aware of the situation. I am only going to give you the advice given by the prophet (peace and blessing be upon him) and what the scholars encourage which is to marry someone who is religiously committed.
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) who said: “A woman may be married for four things: her wealth, her lineage, her beauty and her religious commitment. Seek the one who is religiously-committed, may your hands be rubbed with dust (i.e., may you prosper).”

Based on my personal experiences, I think it’s much easier to marry someone who is either on the same level of piety and righteousness or slightly higher.

Secondly, I would strongly advice that the sister in question performs Iskhirhara, seeks more knowledge about the person she wants to marry and ask from advice from a trustworthy imam or shaykh.

I seek Allah’s forgiveness for whatever mistakes I make in this post.

And Allah knows best

1 Like

Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Make A Lifetime Decision by Sissie(f): 5:23pm On Oct 12, 2016
FriendChoice:

If she is pious enough to draw the husband more closer to Allah (SWT). Then it's a welcome development and she will get reward for the Jihad.

But according to your post, she is not yet pious. She is only striving to become pious. I strongly believe that the husband might make her less pious as she was before marriage. Except if her piousness can make the Husband more religious, then I advocate such marriage.

Should a Muslim refer to himself or herself as pious? Aren't we all striving?
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Make A Lifetime Decision by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 12, 2016
FriendChoice:

Jazakallahu khayran brother, He doesnt know so many simple things about islam, everything is strange to him, its all seem extreme to him just becos he doesnt know. We all need somebody that will assist us in deen Not somebody that will change us in other way round(faliyahuzubillahi). And this is one's life determinant
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Make A Lifetime Decision by Sissie(f): 5:25pm On Oct 12, 2016
sherryshitt:
Empiree
Contact17
Kazrem

It depends really

This is not a yes or no question. It depends on who he is as a person? His he interested in learning more, his he open to learning more, his he Alright with the wife's level of Islam, or he doesn't even understand why she has to use the hijab for example.

There isn't enough to give a proper advice.
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Make A Lifetime Decision by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 12, 2016
Contact17:

I will start by mentioning that I am honestly very hesitant to comment because I don’t have the knowledge to be giving fatwa and I am not fully aware of the situation. I am only going to give you the advice given by the prophet (peace and blessing be upon him) and what the scholars encourage which is to marry someone who is religiously committed.
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) who said: “A woman may be married for four things: her wealth, her lineage, her beauty and her religious commitment. Seek the one who is religiously-committed, may your hands be rubbed with dust (i.e., may you prosper).”

Based on my personal experiences, I think it’s much easier to marry someone who is either on the same level of piety and righteousness or slightly higher.

Secondly, I would strongly advice that the sister in question performs Iskhirhara, seeks more knowledge about the person she wants to marry and ask from advice from a trustworthy imam or shaykh.

And Allah knows best

yes sister sherryshitt istikhara is strongly adviced, i missed that in my post, Contact17 why don't you give her your thread on istikhara i think you opened a thread on that...
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Make A Lifetime Decision by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 12, 2016
Contact17:

And Allah knows best
Jazakallahu khayran sis, Allah guides whom He will
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Make A Lifetime Decision by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 12, 2016
Sissie:

Should a Muslim refer to himself or herself as pious? Aren't we all striving?

He shouldn't. We can only made assumptions based on deeds. By looking a person you can think this is a pious man but only God knows what is in the heart (It might be contrary to what we predict) Sometimes we assume by someone's character that he is good. That is basically what I mean by pious.
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Make A Lifetime Decision by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 12, 2016
sherryshitt:

Jazakallahu khayran sis, Allah guides whom He will

Wa anti fa jazakallah khayra

This is the link on isthikara

https://www.nairaland.com/3225614/should-marry-him-what-advice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Make A Lifetime Decision by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 12, 2016
sherryshitt:

Jazakallahu khayran brother, He doesnt know so many simple things about islam, everything is strange to him, its all seem extreme to him just becos he doesnt know. We all need somebody that will assist us in deen Not somebody that will change us in other way round(faliyahuzubillahi). And this is one's life determinant

his he someone willing to learn?
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Make A Lifetime Decision by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 12, 2016
lexiconkabir:

yes sister sherryshitt istikhara is strongly adviced, i missed that in my post, Contact17 why don't you give her your thread on istikhara i think you opened a thread on that...

Done
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Make A Lifetime Decision by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 12, 2016
Sissie:

It depends really

This is not a yes or no question. It depends on who he is as a person? His he interested in learning more, his he open to learning more, his he Alright with the wife's level of Islam, or he doesn't even understand why she has to use the hijab for example.

There isn't enough to give a proper advice.

Jazakallahu khayran sis for taking time to input something.
He is someone who thinks as long as he adheres strictly to the 5pillars of islam, then thats it. He knows basically nothing abt the sunnah of rosul(pbuh). He thinks practising the sunnah is extreme, he doesnt know Zinah is a major and punishable sin in islam. These are all but few. The sister is question isnt satisfied with him, as he is not as religiously committed, but the family thinks he could change as Allah changes who He wills.
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Make A Lifetime Decision by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 12, 2016
lexiconkabir:

his he someone willing to learn?

Yes, he says hes willing to improve, but what if he doesnt? What if he marries her and he changes back
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Make A Lifetime Decision by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 12, 2016
sherryshitt:

Wa"anti aydan JazaKallahu Khairan. Such person needs to be oriented and educated by asking him, on what he taught to be extreme in the Islamic religion. Hopefully logical answers will change his mindset. I pray may Allah give him guidance and not just only him, but including I myself, you and the entire Muslim ummah. Ameen.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Make A Lifetime Decision by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 12, 2016
sherryshitt:

Yes, he says hes willing to improve, but what if he doesnt? What if he marries her and he changes back

I agree with you on this.
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Make A Lifetime Decision by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 12, 2016
sherryshitt:

He is someone who thinks as long as he adheres strictly to the 5pillars of islam, then thats it. He knows basically nothing abt the sunnah of rosul(pbuh). He thinks practising the sunnah is extreme, he doesnt know Zinah is a major and punishable sin in islam. These are all but few. The sister is question isnt satisfied with him, as he is not as religiously committed, but the family thinks he could change as Allah changes who He wills.

well, if thats the case and he is not willing to learn and the sister is not satisfied with him, i advice the sister go for someone else...

1 Like

Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Make A Lifetime Decision by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 12, 2016
sherryshitt:

well, that will be a risk, which is why istikhara is needed, once the istikhara is done with sincerity, Allaah will guide insha Allaah, so after the istikhara if the sister notice that things about the marriage are not going smoothly, she should back out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Make A Lifetime Decision by Sissie(f): 5:49pm On Oct 12, 2016
sherryshitt:

Allah guides whomever he wills

It's one thing not to practice, it's another to think it is extreme.

It's one thing to commit Zina knowing it's a sin, it's another not to even know.

Istikhaarah is really important, one needs to seek Allah's guidance, and she needs to know that even marriage could be a test.

She should access the situation, it's always better to marry someone who you can strive for jannah with, can she take on the task of helping to guide him? Etc

May Allah guide her right. Amin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Make A Lifetime Decision by MrOlai: 5:52pm On Oct 12, 2016
sherryshitt:
Empiree
Contact17
Kazrem

In addition or reinforcement to all the advice that have been given, seek Allah's guidance and thereafter, be sincere to your conscience.
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Make A Lifetime Decision by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 12, 2016
Jazakallahu khayran brothers and sisters, may Almighty Allah grant our heart desires. Asalam alaykum

3 Likes

Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Make A Lifetime Decision by Kazrem(m): 6:33pm On Oct 12, 2016
Sissie has said it all.
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Make A Lifetime Decision by MrOlai: 6:40pm On Oct 12, 2016
sherryshitt:
.. he doesnt know Zinah is a major and punishable sin in islam.
This one is serious ooo! This should not be compromised!
Is he a shia?
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Make A Lifetime Decision by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 12, 2016
MrOlai:

This one is serious ooo! This should not be compromised!

Is he a shia?

lol, from the look of things i don't think he will know what Shi'a or sunni is, except if he heard about them when they caused problem at Kaduna.

2 Likes

Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Make A Lifetime Decision by Demmzy15(m): 4:47pm On Oct 13, 2016
embarassed embarassed cry
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Make A Lifetime Decision by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 13, 2016
Just realized OP deactivated.

Hope she's okay
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Make A Lifetime Decision by Nobody: 6:41pm On Oct 13, 2016
^^ She is ok with the look of things....

(1) (Reply)

Awolowo And Fajuyi Hall Mosques Demolition OAU ILE IFE / 2 Afghans Face Death Over Translation Of Quran / Nigerian Islamist Attacks Spread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.