Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,429 members, 7,812,266 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:56 AM

This Is An Insult To Graduates. What Da F.uck!!! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / This Is An Insult To Graduates. What Da F.uck!!! (8876 Views)

Job Market,competitive, Favourable To Graduates Aged Within 20 – 26 Years Old / Open Letter To Second Class And Third Class Graduates / Open Invitation To Graduates Who Can Sell Security Gadgets (Lagos Residents) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is An Insult To Graduates. What Da F.uck!!! by SirVintageCock: 10:39pm On Oct 12, 2016
The U.S. Embassy in Abuja is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the position below in the Facilities Management Section (FAC), Abuja:

Gardener

Gardener, FSN- 02/FP-CC

Ref.: A52012
Work Hours: Full-time; 40 hours/week

Basic Function of the Position

The incumbent performs gardening work at the Chief of Mission Residence (CMR and other Embassy locations when required.
S/he is responsible for weeding, planting, pruning and watering as well as the general maintenance and appearance of grounds and gardens at the CMR.
Additionally, h/she oversee Deputy Chief of Mission residence once a week to help maintain its grounds by making recommendations to the Gardening Contractor’s Contracting Officer Representative.
Position Requirements
Note: All applicants MUST address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.

Completion of Primary School Education is required.
Minimum of one (1) year of gardening maintenance experience is required.
Level II (Limited knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English is required.
Ability to use a wide range of gardening equipment and powered hand tools is required.
Must have basic computer skills.

Additional Selection Criteria

Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply
Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule
The candidate must be able to obtain and hold the local security certification after selection.
Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
Salary
OR - Ordinarily Resident [b][/b]- N2,385,434 p.a (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-02
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
NOR - AEFM, EFM/MOH - US$20,623 (Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-CC

Method of Application
Applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:

Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
Any other documentation such as degrees or diplomas earned and NYSC Certificates/exemptions or awards.
A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB.
Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Submit Application to: HRNigeria@state.gov

Note:

Mailed (paper/hard copies) applications will NOT be accepted.
All not ordinarily resident applicants must have the required work and residency permits to be eligible for Consideration. A U.S. Citizen EFM does not have to be residing in country to be considered, but the sponsoring officer under chief of mission (com) authority does have to Be assigned officially to post.
Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are being considered. Thank you for your understanding

https://nigeria.usembassy.gov/hr_office.html
Re: This Is An Insult To Graduates. What Da F.uck!!! by SirVintageCock: 10:40pm On Oct 12, 2016
Please, kindly endeavour to read the job descriptions, requirements and salary.
Thank yu embarassed

7 Likes

Re: This Is An Insult To Graduates. What Da F.uck!!! by PapaNnamdi: 11:19pm On Oct 12, 2016
2 point something million PA for just cutting flower, slumps from keke

10 Likes

Re: This Is An Insult To Graduates. What Da F.uck!!! by deusp: 11:42pm On Oct 12, 2016
Lmao
PapaNnamdi:

1 Like

Re: This Is An Insult To Graduates. What Da F.uck!!! by Coldplay007(f): 12:24am On Oct 13, 2016
PapaNnamdi:

bros 2 point wetin.. that's more than 8M pa at present rate...

5 Likes

Re: This Is An Insult To Graduates. What Da F.uck!!! by Osyxcel(m): 2:37am On Oct 13, 2016
PapaNnamdi:

That's even for the basic alone.... Add the allowances and it might be up to #3.6m/annum.

1 Like

Re: This Is An Insult To Graduates. What Da F.uck!!! by sholay2011(m): 2:53am On Oct 13, 2016
O ga ooo

1 Like

Re: This Is An Insult To Graduates. What Da F.uck!!! by Nobody: 3:14am On Oct 13, 2016
Pls post the link make I apply

1 Like

Re: This Is An Insult To Graduates. What Da F.uck!!! by ThundrCork(m): 3:43am On Oct 13, 2016
"Completion of Primary School Education is required"

Where did the Op see graduate . A lot of Nigerian graduates can't read and comprehend

8 Likes

Re: This Is An Insult To Graduates. What Da F.uck!!! by kabrud: 4:14am On Oct 13, 2016
ThundrCork:

Where did the Op see graduate . A lot of Nigerian graduates can't read and comprehend
Rather, it's u that have poor comprehension. Read from the caption to the last character, u will decode the message.

16 Likes

Re: This Is An Insult To Graduates. What Da F.uck!!! by Tundeiab(m): 5:36am On Oct 13, 2016
ThundrCork:

The point he is trying to make is that, "A common gardener earns this much, while our graduates earn peanuts"
Do you get the drift now?

26 Likes

Re: This Is An Insult To Graduates. What Da F.uck!!! by Davidbanky(m): 5:43am On Oct 13, 2016
Hehehehe
Re: This Is An Insult To Graduates. What Da F.uck!!! by UIA04(f): 5:58am On Oct 13, 2016
And so what op?

So because you went to school and probably graduated with a 2.1 you think you are better than those who decided to learn a trade/ skill after primary school
I smh for the youths of this country

Why don't you apply na since your BSc gave you all knowing powers

That's why, when one tribe is boasting about having the highest number of professors, another has many semi illiterate millionaires who horned their skills after primary / secondary school

Besides, it was written that the MINIMUM qualification should be primary school certificate, thus even if you have a PhD you must also have gardening skills too
.smh op with your BSc you don't know that they are less likely to take a primary school certificate holder because some of them might not even understand all the jargon written up .

I know a lot of rich women who have knowledge in gardening because they have flowers around their houses and love it

What Will I do if I'm them, I'll get the job, employ an assistant to do all the the dirty jobs while supervising, earn my millions and pay him about 30 percent.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is An Insult To Graduates. What Da F.uck!!! by Opistorincos(m): 6:33am On Oct 13, 2016
angry
Re: This Is An Insult To Graduates. What Da F.uck!!! by ednut1(m): 7:04am On Oct 13, 2016
e-slap button needed aswear, how is this an insult. ehn
Re: This Is An Insult To Graduates. What Da F.uck!!! by Ask4bigneyo(m): 7:20am On Oct 13, 2016
ednut1:
e-slap button needed aswear, how is this an insult. ehn

1 Like

Re: This Is An Insult To Graduates. What Da F.uck!!! by Craven: 7:21am On Oct 13, 2016
How is this an insult? Seems to me like you've exaggerated your own importance. If anyone is damn good at their job (regardless of whether it's backed by a university education or otherwise), they deserve to be compensated hugely for it.

Some superiority complex indeed.

3 Likes

Re: This Is An Insult To Graduates. What Da F.uck!!! by Nbote(m): 7:26am On Oct 13, 2016
Jus negodu... 20something thousand US dollars for gardener. Wait OP are u saying requiring a graduate as a gardener is d insult or what becos I am not understanding U. Abeg dey should add abuse to the insult and pls giv me d job ooo. How many CEOs dey earn dat much sef.

2 Likes

Re: This Is An Insult To Graduates. What Da F.uck!!! by ammyluv2002(f): 7:50am On Oct 13, 2016
UIA04:
And so what op?

So because you went to school and probably graduated with a 2.1 you think you are better than those who decided to learn a trade/ skill after primary school

That's why, when one tribe is boasting about having the highest number of professors, another has many semi illiterate millionaires who horned their skills after primary / secondary school

Besides, it was written that the MINIMUM qualification should be primary school certificate, thus even if you have a PhD you must also have gardening skills too
.smh op with your BSc you don't know that they are less likely to take a primary school certificate holder because some of them might not even understand all the jargon written up .

I know a lot of rich women who have knowledge in gardening because they have flowers around their houses and love it

What Will I do if I'm them, I'll get the job, employ an assistant to do all the the dirty jobs while supervising, earn my millions and pay him about 30 percent.
God bless you for this. Seriously, you just made my day.

2 Likes

Re: This Is An Insult To Graduates. What Da F.uck!!! by callmelanner(m): 8:25am On Oct 13, 2016
OP watch your head!
Re: This Is An Insult To Graduates. What Da F.uck!!! by abumeinben(m): 8:55am On Oct 13, 2016
PapaNnamdi:

Re: This Is An Insult To Graduates. What Da F.uck!!! by jashar(f): 9:23am On Oct 13, 2016
artisans ti take over..... grin

dey there dey rant. when small money gather, me sef dey go learn my trade wella.........

paid employment sucks.

2 Likes

Re: This Is An Insult To Graduates. What Da F.uck!!! by 1x2x3: 9:58am On Oct 13, 2016
Let me break it down
Re: This Is An Insult To Graduates. What Da F.uck!!! by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 13, 2016
People sha! The OP is just being sarcastic!

1 Like

Re: This Is An Insult To Graduates. What Da F.uck!!! by Anextin(f): 11:33am On Oct 13, 2016
My dear, landscaping n maintainance of flowers, gardens et al is taught in higher institutions, but what I want to decode from his outburst is that perhaps even gardeners are earning more than graduates. But if he is looking down on the profession, then poverty is his name
UIA04:
And so what op?

Re: This Is An Insult To Graduates. What Da F.uck!!! by UIA04(f): 12:04pm On Oct 13, 2016
Anextin:
My dear, landscaping n maintainance of flowers, gardens et al is taught in higher institutions, but what I want to decode from his outburst is that perhaps even gardeners are earning more than graduates. But if he is looking down on the profession, then poverty is his name

You See, I didn't even know that they learn these things in higher institutions. Don't mind op jare
Re: This Is An Insult To Graduates. What Da F.uck!!! by SirVintageCock: 12:49pm On Oct 13, 2016
You are too uptight for no just cause. Haba.
This is a sarcastic post but you have to kill the Joy of it with your sanctimonious sermons.
For this recession wey we dey , this guys are shelling out TWO POINT SOMETHING MILLION FOR Gardening and sh!ts and you are writing this epistles. I don't care about what you wrote but they should've added something like a Bsc in horticultural science or botany or plant science or something other shi..t like that for good measure or just for the fun of it.
Are they trying to mock peep here or what. My engineering guys are falling over themselves teaching for peanuts and USA embassy has this mind to to to embarassed lipsrsealed embarassed Same way they advertised for janitor with some kain bogus salary that made my head swarmed, you see guys falling in line to apply even with MSC.
UIA04:
And so what op?

5 Likes

Re: This Is An Insult To Graduates. What Da F.uck!!! by SirVintageCock: 12:51pm On Oct 13, 2016
ThundrCork:

I don't know what to tell you guys but just go and JACK OFF WITH ENOUGH VASELINE.
Craven:
How is this an insult? Seems to me like you've exaggerated your own importance. If anyone is damn good at their job (regardless of whether it's backed by a university education or otherwise), they deserve to be compensated hugely for it.

Some superiority complex indeed.

1 Like

Re: This Is An Insult To Graduates. What Da F.uck!!! by UIA04(f): 5:36pm On Oct 13, 2016
SirVintageCock:
You are too uptight for no just cause. Haba.
This is a sarcastic post but you have to kill the Joy of it with your sanctimonious sermons.
For this recession wey we dey , this guys are shelling out TWO POINT SOMETHING MILLION FOR Gardening and sh!ts and you are writing this epistles. I don't care about what you wrote but they should've added something like a Bsc in horticultural science or botany or plant science or something other shi..t like that for good measure or just for the fun of it.
Are they trying to mock peep here or what. My engineering guys are falling over themselves teaching for peanuts and USA embassy has this mind to to to embarassed lipsrsealed embarassed Same way they advertised for janitor with some kain bogus salary that made my head swarmed, you see guys falling in line to apply even with MSC.
You obviously don't under sarcasm and how to construct a sarcastic and how to construct one

If they pay Gardners so much it only means they pay top level staffs better.
No one sent your friends to study engineering without a backup plan if their certificates fail them

If you want the job, go and learn the skills required

Have you not seen organizations were when technical things come up the graduates may have no idea but the semi illiterates with just major experience will have to be called to repair.

Siddon dey look
Re: This Is An Insult To Graduates. What Da F.uck!!! by masseratti: 6:04pm On Oct 13, 2016
UIA04:

You obviously don't under sarcasm and how to construct a sarcastic and how to construct one

No one sent your friends to study engineering without a backup plan if their certificates fail them

Have you not seen organizations were when technical things come up the graduates may have no idea but the semi illiterates with just major experience will have to be called to repair.

Siddon dey look
hmmmmmm
Re: This Is An Insult To Graduates. What Da F.uck!!! by SirVintageCock: 7:20pm On Oct 13, 2016
Leave me madam abeg.
UIA04:

Siddon dey look

(1) (2) (Reply)

Conoil Interview / How Has Your Employer Been Helpful This Period? / Job Openings At WATER-AID Nigeria. IT And Finance Interns Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.