Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:45 AM

The So-called Toilet Infections In Women - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The So-called Toilet Infections In Women (49351 Views)

Highest Ever Daily New Infections In SA, Lockdown EXTENDED AGAIN / Perfect Remedy For Toilet Infections Tested And Trusted / Toilet Infections Should Be Treated With All Seriousness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by NairaMaster1(m): 8:50pm On Nov 27, 2016
naijaboy756:
All these quack doctors sef! Sorry o for the quack name. But maybe your book has not covered the toilet area. Your knowledge is limited. Practically people are getting infected from toilets and your are here talking about the level of knowledge you have. If you have a sister or babe, let her go use some pit toilets and let's see. Afterwhich you will update your knowledge.

Toilet won't give anybody infection. There's nothing quackery here except for your myopia. Have a teachable spirit. Let no woman deceive you including that your suppose virgin sister or babe.

2 Likes

Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by NairaMaster1(m): 8:54pm On Nov 27, 2016
naijaboy756:
you can do more to update your knowledge by going to the streets, public conveniences, face me I face you houses, ask questions,carry out researches and then investigate. You are doing well by seeking for more information here but don't let all you have read in school limit you. You can prove me wrong by letting ur GF go use an infected toilet for one week and come out clean.

Hahah! I now know your gist. Face me I face you people are MOSTLY sex addict. NOT ALL. Pls my dear nothing like toilets infection ooo. There sexual habits though

1 Like

Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by NairaMaster1(m): 9:01pm On Nov 27, 2016
progress69:

Gosh, delerx, kindly ignore this pleb. This is the problem i have with the internet, filled with ITK people. That was how one quoted me to be blabbing nonsense on the abortion thread. Also saw one ITK in a thread where someone posted a pic of a cousin's head, with so many swellings, he was blasted by the doctor he quoted, the guy was even just a medical student that was talking jargons.

As for u that I quoted. There is NOTHING like toilet infections. It is true that some of this viruses can be in the toilet sit or whatever, but they don't live long outside the body. As a matter it is very difficult to pick a large amount of virus to cause any disease in the toilet, as an healthy immune system will easily knock it out. The virus even have to penetrate through the urethra or through a cut on the buttocks or something, so it very much unlikely. Normal hygiene of washing hands properly, and wiping of properly after toilet is enough to keep u at harms length. No girl or babe should come and deceive you that she got an infection from the toilet. There is also a difference b/w UTI and STDs. UTI are not contagious or sexually transmitted even though they can cause some discomfort too, especially in women and needs treatment. UTIs are caused by self, improper hygiene mostly after using the toilet not because one virus is waiting for you in the toilet to infect u. Most of what the OP stated are STDs gotten mainly from sex with an infected partner. If anyone is telling he or she got it from the toilet, both of you are deceiving yourselves.

In b/e This is an informative thread. Lalasticlala and Mynd44 this deserves FP. Haba

Thanks dear. That Lay man should also know that the vagina macro environment is made of over 300 million Lactobascilli that act as a colony against any invader. Besides, the vagina is not a hollow channel for any organism to easily ACCESS.
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by repogirl(f): 9:02pm On Nov 27, 2016
Kenshinmunac:

Are u serious shocked

My gf is always complaining of itching from toilet infection that her body easily gets infection each time she uses a public toilet or toilet her lodge mates used in skul. She also said that even without sitting on the toilet that the evaporation from the toilet to her organ can cause it

So all these are lies she formulated? So she got the infections thru sex?
Your girlfriend is right. A little toilet water splashes on that place and the next thing it begins to itch, some people are more sensitive and can catch it even without the splash.

I don't understand why this OP implies there's nothing like toilet infection. Anyway, the OP is not female, so I won't blame him.

10 Likes

Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by idu1(m): 9:02pm On Nov 27, 2016
Progressive69

Almost all antibiotics is failing to cure UTI/STI now.

What's the way forward?

1 Like

Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by buffalowings: 9:03pm On Nov 27, 2016
Haha
Thank God for this post

When ladies say they won't share toilets because of infection

I just look them like this

You have std motherfucker

Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by buffalowings: 9:05pm On Nov 27, 2016
progress69:

Gosh, delerx, kindly ignore this pleb. This is the problem i have with the internet, filled with ITK people. That was how one quoted me to be blabbing nonsense on the abortion thread. Also saw one ITK in a thread where someone posted a pic of a cousin's head, with so many swellings, he was blasted by the doctor he quoted, the guy was even just a medical student that was talking jargons.

As for u that I quoted. There is NOTHING like toilet infections. It is true that some of this viruses can be in the toilet sit or whatever, but they don't live long outside the body. As a matter it is very difficult to pick a large amount of virus to cause any disease in the toilet, as an healthy immune system will easily knock it out. The virus even have to penetrate through the urethra or through a cut on the buttocks or something, so it very much unlikely. Normal hygiene of washing hands properly, and wiping of properly after toilet is enough to keep u at harms length. No girl or babe should come and deceive you that she got an infection from the toilet. There is also a difference b/w UTI and STDs. UTI are not contagious or sexually transmitted even though they can cause some discomfort too, especially in women and needs treatment. UTIs are caused by self, improper hygiene mostly after using the toilet not because one virus is waiting for you in the toilet to infect u. Most of what the OP stated are STDs gotten mainly from sex with an infected partner. If anyone is telling he or she got it from the toilet, both of you are deceiving yourselves.

In b/e This is an informative thread. Lalasticlala and Mynd44 this deserves FP. Haba

The ignorance is infuriating to me

4 Likes

Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by repogirl(f): 9:05pm On Nov 27, 2016
progress69:

please shut up until you have a vágina.

We are women and we have experienced these things first hand, so if you are talking about ITKs, you should be talking to yourself.

Toilet infections exist, especially when one uses a public one. If the water splashes even a little on the vagina, it leads to infection.

Back then in school , even girls who had never had sex were catching it, so you men who have no idea should shut up.

Modified.

http://hubpages.com/health/answer/199921/can-you-catch-any-infection--from-toilet-water-splash

A dirty toilet bowl that may not be cleaned frequently can harbor millions of micro-organisms, some of the being pathogenic (such as E.coli). E. coli are bacteria that are present in any environment, such as a toilet bowl, where people urinate and defecate. The fact that feces, or human stool, is disposed of via the toilet bowl, and water in that bowl is contaminated with E. coli (even when one cannot see these organism (hint: micro-organisms), meaning that the toilet may look clean, but still contain organisms, is a good thing to think about. Meaning, you have to be careful when you use a toilet, public or otherwise. I cannot remember how many urinary tract infections I have treated, primarily in my female patients, where the guilty organism was E. coli. Cystitis, or bladder infections, in women primarily, and some mild kidney infections that I have treated, were caused by E. coli (I know because I always do lab work (tests) which measure the number of E. coli in the urine, to help me make the diagnosis of urinary tract infection

Now here is the sad part, I have had young girls who have come to me with urinary tract infections (bladder infections) who said that they let the tissue that they wiped themselves with, touch the water in the bowl, inadvertently, but still used the tissue to clean their vaginal area. What they did was, without intentionally meaning to, directly infected their urinary system with E. coli.

Now, imagine if toilet bowl water accidentally splashed up into a females vaginal area, and the water was contaminated with E. coli, and she wiped herself dry, not knowing that it would have been best to "wash herself careful" with soap and water.

h. pylori has been associated with stomach ulcers in many cases, and therefore, have been treated antibiotic therapy as part of a ulcer treatment regimen.

I would like to say in closing, that most of the urinary tract infections that I have seen were not related to toilet water, most probably. However, notice that toilet seat covers are available in many public restrooms? These paper covers are a far cry better than nothing. They may have actually helped people keep from getting infections, and especially organisms like "crab lice." Be careful.

Regards.

Dr. Haddox

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by ikorodureporta: 9:11pm On Nov 27, 2016
They call it toilet disease because someone can easily be infected thru the toilet. FYI its not only d se5ual organ th@ is affected, it also affects the @$$window......if u'v experienced swollen @$$window afta splashes from yr dumps hit u.....its toilet infection op
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by Dongreat(m): 9:11pm On Nov 27, 2016
Generally, you'll find about 50 bacteria per square inch on a toilet seat -- that's the average. While that may sound gross, there are definitely things around your house that are less clean in comparison. Your kitchen sponge, for instance, has about 10 million bacteria per square inch. That's 200,000 times dirtier than the toilet seat, and makes it pretty much the filthiest thing in your house [source: Pritchard]. Your cutting board, too, is a bacteria breeding ground, as are all your doorknobs. But that doesn't mean the toilet seat is off the hook.
Let's talk first about what everyone assumes you'll catch from visiting a public toilet. Sexually transmitted bacteria (such as chlamydia) and viruses (such as genital herpes) are passed along by skin-to-skin contact. Since those microbes die pretty much as soon as they hit the cold toilet seat, you can breathe a sigh of relief. It's so unlikely to catch an STI from a toilet that we're not going to mention it again. But there are a few infections that you really can pick up from an unsanitary porcelain throne, though the odds are still pretty low. But if you're at the right place (sitting on a toilet seat) at the right time (when the seat's contaminated with feces) it could happen (if you don't wash and dry your hands thoroughly).
http://health.howstuffworks.com/diseases-conditions/infectious/5-diseases

So the yes, you can get diseases from the toilet but not the STI (itchy or smelling vagina) your girlfriends are telling you. Disease to get from dirty toilets includes E.coli, Shigella Bacteria, Streptococcus, Staphylococcus, etc.
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by yetseyi(f): 9:12pm On Nov 27, 2016
Technically there may not be infections named toilet infections but I know one can get infections from a toilet and thats the reason why people call them toilet infections. A health personell should know this.

I would rather use the bush than use some toilets.

Better safe than sorry

2 Likes

Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by proffemi: 9:13pm On Nov 27, 2016
repogirl:
please shut up until you have a vágina . We are women and we have experienced these things first hand, so if you are talking about ITKs, you should be talking to yourself.
God bless you.

Could all medical personnel weighing in on this topic kindly state their qualifications? I suspect most of them are clinical students (I doubt that they are even reg's).

To be pedantic, yes, there really is nothing like "toilet disease", just as "jedijedi" does not exist. However, to imply that Vaginosis is always caused by sex... come on. I'm not even a medical doctor, or a woman, and even I can call you out on that bullshit.

Please don't destroy relationships with this careless talk (another thing that makes me suspect you guys are clinical students. I doubt that anyone who has taken the Hippocratic Oath would be so cavalier about doling out what amounts to - at best- be incomplete information).

9 Likes

Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by Fidelismaria: 9:15pm On Nov 27, 2016
Lols nairaland gurls no wan gree ooo
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by repogirl(f): 9:22pm On Nov 27, 2016
proffemi:

God bless you.

Could all medical personnel weighing in on this topic kindly state their qualifications? I suspect most of them are clinical students (I doubt that they are even reg's).

To be pedantic, yes, there really is nothing like "toilet disease", just as "jedijedi" does not exist. However, to imply that Vaginosis is always caused by sex... come on. I'm not even a medical doctor, or a woman, and even I can call you out on that bullshit

Please don't destroy relationships with this careless talk (another thing that makes me suspect you guys are clinical students. I doubt that anyone who has taken the Hippocratic Oath would be so cavalier about doling out what amounts to (at best) be incomplete information.

I really don't understand how the so called medical personnel can just assume it doesn't exist when we have experienced it.

Once toilet water splashes on me, I already know what's coming and give it two days, it does. I just carry myself to the pharmacy to get neopenotran. It works like magic.

This is something I have experienced personally a few times. I agree that there are other causes of the infection but direct contact with bacteria from the toilet shouldn't be ruled out.

Modified: exactly what I said earlier. http://hubpages.com/health/answer/199921/can-you-catch-any-infection--from-toilet-water-splash

1 Like

Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by proffemi: 9:23pm On Nov 27, 2016
NairaMaster1:
Toilet won't give anybody infection. There's nothing quackery here except for your myopia. Have a teachable spirit. Let no woman deceive you including that your suppose virgin sister or babe.

To be clear, this is the sort of talk I object to: implying that any lady who has a vaginal infection has done something wrong. What sort of responsible doctor would make this sort of statement (especially when what it implies is wrong)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by Kdon2: 9:24pm On Nov 27, 2016
delerx:
I will appreciate you share more information on this instead of exhibiting ur parents's inadequacies of giving you proper home training in public.share let's us learn

By your response alone its obvious who has issues of home training!

1 Like

Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by madridguy(m): 9:29pm On Nov 27, 2016
Ladies in thy house, if you need a very good herbs for the aforementioned disease I have someone who can prepare it for you.

1 Like

Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by akaahs(m): 9:36pm On Nov 27, 2016
My then ex-gf was seeing a white discharge, complain of stomach pain always. We hv to go a see doctor which he confirm it was sexual transmitted disease, this is a girl who is sexually active nd hv been into 4 relationship b4 me. Funny thing the thing no dey hear medication.
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by Kyllahmc(m): 9:36pm On Nov 27, 2016
Doctorfitz:
God bless u op. Make dem dey deceive themselves
lol
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by Kyllahmc(m): 9:39pm On Nov 27, 2016
Kenshinmunac:

Are u serious shocked

My gf is always complaining of itching from toilet infection that her body easily gets infection each time she uses a public toilet or toilet her lodge mates used in skul. She also said that even without sitting on the toilet that the evaporation from the toilet to her organ can cause it

lol she go don dash you small sef
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by Raphafire101: 9:40pm On Nov 27, 2016
Lies!!!! I have seen a virgin that suffered from itching at the age of 12...so u r not serious.....

4 Likes

Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by Ajgal10(f): 9:52pm On Nov 27, 2016
Kenshinmunac:

Are u serious shocked

Am sure your gf is disappointed having you in her life.
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by oluwafreshkid(m): 9:52pm On Nov 27, 2016
I'm not surprised to hear doctors say no toilet disease. It's sa me doctors that can't explain jedi jedi... can't recommend a cure for it even

1 Like

Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by Newmanluckyman(m): 9:58pm On Nov 27, 2016
chloe7:
Some people just come on NL with limited knowledge to say all sorts, I doubt you are a pharmacist, because I have pharmacist siblings and they don't talk like they are in an enclosure like you are now.
Are you saying there are no infections gotten through the toilet then I shake my head for you and your lecturers in school because they are to blame and for you not studying too before spewing this all over!
Next time carry out you research well before you come and start giving half baked information.
... Reading and comprehension is your problem. Your English teacher did a bad job while you're in school. The OP made a clear distinction between TOILET infection and STI. The summary is that women should do a proper diagnosis before Tagging all infections as "toilet infections" even when they have actually contracted STI.

5 Likes

Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by Nobody: 10:01pm On Nov 27, 2016
proffemi:

God bless you.
To be pedantic, yes, there really is nothing like "toilet disease", just as "jedijedi" does not exist. However, to imply that Vaginosis is always caused by sex... come on. I'm not even a medical doctor, or a woman, and even I can call you out on that bullshit.
Please don't destroy relationships with this careless talk (another thing that makes me suspect you guys are clinical students. I doubt that anyone who has taken the Hippocratic Oath would be so cavalier about doling out what amounts to - at best- be incomplete information).
Right there is why you need to STFU.

repogirl:

I really don't understand how the so called medical personnel can just assume it doesn't exist when we have experienced it.

Once toilet water splashes on me, I already know what's coming and give it two days, it does. I just carry myself to the pharmacy to get neopenitran. It works like magic.

This is something I have experienced personally a few times. I agree that there are other causes of the infection but direct contact with bacteria from the toilet shouldn't be ruled out.
Sorry, maybe you have an underlying UTI/STI that becomes aggravated by toilet water. You should have that checked out.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by proffemi: 10:04pm On Nov 27, 2016
BoboYekini:
Right there is why you need to STFU..
Please state your qualifications, and I will state mine...doofus.

1 Like

Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 27, 2016
repogirl:
please shut up until you have a vágina.

We are women and we have experienced these things first hand, so if you are talking about ITKs, you should be talking to yourself.

Toilet infections exist, especially when one uses a public one. If the water splashes even a little on the vagina, it leads to infection.

Back then in school , even girls who had never had sex were catching it, so you men who have no idea should shut up.

Bless you sis!
These are the kinda post that leads to trust issues in relationships.

Maybe toilet infection is a layman's term, probably they have a professional name for it in their medical lexicon but it exist.
How do we explain e-coli which is gotten from the faeces via wiping in the wrong direction?

6 Likes

Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by Nobody: 10:12pm On Nov 27, 2016
Kk
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by usibengate(m): 10:14pm On Nov 27, 2016
Nice piece of write up
Re: The So-called Toilet Infections In Women by daxon001(m): 10:16pm On Nov 27, 2016
If this happens to a woman, there are 2 THINGS INVOLVED NA cheesy cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kenyan George Abisa Kills Wife, Commits Suicide After Positive HIV Tests / People With Type A Blood Likely To Contract Coronavirus Than People With Type O / Shaka Momoh Is Dead! Diabetes Kills Owner Of Planet One Entertainment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.